AGAINST THE TIDE Book #2

By jmhallewell

Marcelle and Vittoria are on a path that challenges their union and choice to be in love. Will they cave into... More

Author's Note
Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: For Love
Chapter Two: Locked Doors
Chapter Three: Incompetence
Chapter Four: Succumbing
Chapter Five: An Admission
Chapter Six: It's A Sin
Chapter Seven: Intention
Chapter Eight: Ex Wife
Chapter Nine: Aged Fine Wine
Chapter Ten: Untold Secrets Part 1
Chapter Eleven: Understanding
Chapter Twelve: An Older Friend
Chapter Thirteen: The Sister
Chapter Fourteen: The Siblings
Chapter Fifteen: The Bid
Chapter Sixteen: Si Signor
Chapter Seventeen: She Loves Me
Chapter Eighteen: He Loves Me Too!
Chapter Nineteen: Labelled
Chapter Twenty: Reactions
Chapter Twenty One: Silence
Chapter Twenty Two: Solved
Chapter Twenty Three: Precedence
Chapter Twenty Four: Untold Secrets Part 2
Chapter Twenty Five: In Marseilles Part 1
Chapter Twenty Six: In Marseilles Part 2
Chapter Twenty Seven: Rehab
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Parents
Chapter Twenty Nine: Welcome Home
Chapter Thirty: Home Is Best
Chapter Thirty One: The Hit
Chapter Thirty Two: Messages For You
Chapter Thirty Three: Transition
Chapter Thirty Four: Her Jealousy Part 1
Chapter Thirty Five: She's Back
Chapter Thirty Six: Little Diavolo
Chapter Thirty Seven: It's Personal
Chapter Thirty Eight: Ciao Chica
Chapter Thirty Nine: Her sisters
Chapter Forty: Her Jealousy Part 2
Chapter Forty One: A Good Day?
Chapter Forty Two: Unexpected
Chapter Forty Three: Red Part 1
Chapter Forty Four: Red Part 2
Chapter Forty Five: Love Me Forever
Chapter Forty Six: A Good Streak
Chapter Forty Eight: Wake Up Dear
Chapter Forty Nine: The Parking Lot Beef
Chapter Fifty: Too Many Hands
Chapter Fifty One: The Mothers
Chapter Fifty Two: Bickering Pair
Chapter Fifty Three: Love Me Forever Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four: Love Me Forever Part 2
Chapter Sixty: Love Me Forever Part 3
Epilogue

Chapter Forty Seven: A Dream

602 71 76
By jmhallewell

Marcelles's POV
Making love in the late hours of the afternoon without a care in the world is something I haven't done in a long time. Having this beautiful woman underneath the untamed heat of my body is a constant fuel to my hunger. The mete feel of her fingers laces in mine, palms pressed firmly against each other and the almost melodic sounds of her moans set the perfect ambience to keep making love like this.

It's perfect, more than perfect. I just don't have a word for it. Her shyness is fading and what is left, us a young woman curious about the art of making love. She's eager and willing to learn.

I flipped her over to get on top of me. I'm about as breathless as a man can be. Maybe it's a bad idea to have get on top. Watching the full mounds if flesh on her chest bobbing up and down is only escalating my release. I filled my hands nudging her to come lower.

"Easy bambina. Easy. Slow down." She slowed down to a stop.

"Are you okay?" She dabbed my forehead with her hand. How will I keep up with this girl?

"Yeah. I'm not in a hurry to climax." I smiled at her. "Don't move. Let me look at you." My heart rate is coming down. "You look so beautiful today."

She laughed and buried herself on my bare chest. "Ay Marcelle!"

"It's true." I moved her hair away from her face. "The most beautiful being in Corfu."

"Not the whole world?" She chuckled.

"I'll do you one better. The whole universe."

"You praise me too much." She ran her fingers through my hair. "Before you I didn't know happiness. I didn't know love. I didn't know there's more to life than struggling everyday. Marcelle you have shown me a world I didn't know I could be part of and you have made me feel love I never knew existed. I love you so much mio amore." She pressed her lips on mine.

I turned her over to get back on top.

"I love you too." I began to move gently, building up the momentum.

In a way I'm glad we are alone in this villa. Everyone left. We have the whole house to ourselves and I intend to have her in every room. By the time we leave, we may as well be satisfied.

We got our climax at the same time. We made out slowly as we came down until we came to a still. I drew her body close to me. I took her hand, inspecting the diamond ring on her finger. We spend a fortune on engagement rings without even knowing if the wedding will happen or how the marriage will play out. It's a leap of faith. I honestly believed Italia and I would be forever. Then I thought, finally, Reina. And now I'm looking at my third. Is this forever? Is this what forever looks like? Big brown eyes, warm smile and face like an angel?

"I was just thinking... we should get married soon."

"Si we will."

"Like soon. Like... in one month?" She sat up immediately with a frown on her face.  I propped myself up on my elbow. "Too soon?"

"Dio! Uh... Si? Why the hurry?"

"When I'm uncertain, I slow down to a snail's pace. But when I'm certain I accelerate at high speed. I dint see why it should be any longer."

"Which wedding is planned in one month?"

"I would say we should elope, even right now."

"Right now?"

"We need two witnesses. That's enough and easy to pick from our pool of bodyguards. That's all."

"Tempting..." She narrowed her eyes. "Very tempting. But no! I want a big wedding. I want everyone to come."

And I'm seeing my sisters asking for black cards and blank checks. I see dollar signs all over this wedding. I'm half Greek and half Italian. We know nothing but big weddings! I'm the only one in that family who got away with a small wedding, twice. The second one wasn't even a wedding per say.

"Fine. Florence?"

"Who is she?" She questioned me. I burst out laughing. I got up and pulled on my shorts. She put on the silk kimono she had on. "Is not funny Marcelle! Who is Florence?"

"Florence is in Tuscany." I gave her a moment before she laughed at herself. She pushed me into the pool and I made sure to take her with me. "You jealous little thing!"

"You are too handsome. I cannot share." She wrapped her arms around my neck. "Why Florence?"

"My nonna and nonno would love to be part of it. They are old and itsy better if we take the party to them."

"You are very thoughtful. One if the many reasons I love you Marcelle. And yes, I will love you forever."

"Do you feel it's too good to be true?"

Her arms dropped from my neck. I released her. She swam to the edge of the pool. I gave her lift so that she sits on the edge. "Si. Sometimes I wonder when I will wake up." She wrung the water out of her hair. "It feels like a dream. The perfect dream. But your mother told me something before she left."

"What did she say?"

"She said that dreams come true. You are a dream come true. So yes, I woke up and you were still there. I'm not dreaming anymore. You are real and I will hold onto you like my life depends on it. I love you."

Does it get any better than this?

I can't help but love her a little more with each second that ticks by.

"Two months and I'm being generous." I got out of the pool. "No more compromise."

"I will have many hands. I meet you halfway. In six weeks we marry."

"Now that sounds like a plan I can get behind." I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. "Have you been to the library? Those dull books need some entertainment!" I smacked her bottom as her laughter echoed through the empty hallways of the house.

Vittoria's POV
The sweetest sleep is after we have made love. The soreness is quite okay if it means I climax the way I do. He keeps lasting longer, getting better and better at knowing just what I need to explode in pure sensation.

I hate it that we are going back.

It means we can start planning the wedding but it also means that I can no longer have him to myself. It was fun to have his full attention. It feels like basking in the sun after a long winter. It's an addictive warmth. I miss him yet he is only out to meet with his best friend. The king and queen stayed in Corfu but in a separate place.

I laughed when I came across the suitcase with the stained bed sheet. Dio! It has been eight days. By now that stain has become part of it. Maybe I cut it out and patch it up. It will be my little funny thing.

It is funny how we didn't bring much but we are leaving with almost double thanks to him insisting we must go shopping. He bought a sweater and a pair of khaki pants. I bought entire stores. Everything is still in bags. Did I get greedy? Dio! I should not shop for a year. I will ask him to take my card away.

He will probably tell me to discipline myself.

Going home also means that I have to deal with two people I would rather avoid. My mother and Emilia. She told me she is in California and she wants to see me. Dio! The culture there will shock her into multiple prayers. But I would rather deal with Emilia than my mother. I dint even know where to start with her. Somewhere... I can start somewhere but where? It's ironical how I have always wanted to be a mother but when the opportunity presents itself, I avoid it like a plague!

"Vittoria."

"Dio!" I turned suddenly at the sound of Reina's voice.

I almost couldn't believe it when our eyes met. The green eyes don't look playful anymore. Dangerous and angry yes.   They moved around the room. Mine moved down her arm to the gun in her hand. "If there are two things I can't deny about Marcelle is that he is a generous giver and a great lover. Of all the men I have been with, none loves like him."

"Why are you here?"

"He has a way with women that just makes them melt around him." She went on like she didn't hear me. "Five sisters have given him all the experience he needs. He is the most understanding man I have ever known. I miss him. I want him back."

"He's my fiance. We are getting married. You can't have him."

"He's addictive, isn't he?"

"What are you doing here?"

"At first I said I'm coming to talk, maybe reason with you to leave him. Then I realized that talking doesn't solve anything. I need to get rid of you. You are a problem Vittoria."

"He won't forgive you for this."

"For what? I'm not even here and you are the only one who has seen my face. I can't let him know it's me, now can I?"

"He will be back any moment now."

"He is in... a bit of trouble. Don't count in him to save you."

"Damian! Damian!" I screamed but she's laughing her heart out. "No one is coming chica! They are all dead."

"Reina don't do this!"

"Will you come willingly?"

"I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"I had a feeling you would put up a fight." She raised the gun and shot me. It's something sharp. I pulled it out of me but I'm already swaying. I tried to run to the door but fell flat on my stomach. I gripped a handful of the carpet, trying to stay awake but my body has surrendered and only my mind is shouting at me. She peeled at me. "You're so cute. What. A waste bambina. That's what he calls you, right?" I'm losing focus. My vision is blurry. "See you soon."

I watched the sharp heels of her gold shoes on the floor. They stopped at the open door. A man walked in, he picked me up and put me over his shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 12.7K 50
"The less you know about the family business, the safer you will be." The small coastal town of adel Mare had three simple rules for the notoriously...
123 0 20
Alara Anderson has just went through months of hell. She has been left an orphan along side her brother, Alejandro, by parents who have been criminal...
132 29 18
"I hope you don't mind if I ask mrs Lorenzo, but....how did a nice girl like you, get in that kind of situation?" She sighs, shaking her head. "It's...
407K 10.7K 28
(Mature Audiences) It took Armani almost 3 years to find Amalia and now that he finally has her back he never plans on letting her go. But, when some...