cherry blossom || extraordina...

By GEMOfTheNight

"Just like cherry blossoms, our life here is short yet beautiful, brief but memorable." MAEHWA was their begi... More

one: plum blossom
two: begonias
three: magnolia
four: white roses
five: gardenia
six: edelweiss
seven: calla lily
eight: forget me not
nine: marigold
ten: valerian
eleven: white clover
twelve: hyssop
thirteen: balloon flower
fourteen: blue salvia
fifteen: camellia
sixteen: pink azalea
seventeen: red tulip
eighteen: purple lilacs
nineteen: tansy
twenty: hyacinth
twenty one: freesias
twenty two: bluebells
twenty three: chrysanthemum
twenty four: cyclamen
twenty five: bleeding hearts
twenty six: honeysuckle
twenty seven: heliotrope
twenty eight: amaryllis
twenty nine: queen of the night

thirty: cherry blossom

1.9K 72 17
By GEMOfTheNight

━━━━━━━━━༻🌸༺━━━━━━━━━
their existence was tragically short, yet their love bloomed beautifully
━━━━━━━━━༻🌸༺━━━━━━━━━

Hana was walking through the empty school hallway when she suddenly heard a strange ominous sound coming from the music room. She opened the door and her eyes widen in horror as she glanced around. The music room was gone, music stands, musical instruments, tables and chairs, random props floated in the darkness, but slowly disappeared one by one.

She looked down and saw the darkness was slowly moving towards her feet. She gasped loudly and quickly backed away before slamming the door shut.

Her back bumped into someone's chest. She yelped in surprise when she felt arms wrapped around her. She looked behind her and saw Do Hwa looking lovingly at her with a smile on his handsome face.

"You're cute when you're surprised, Hana." he teased her.

Hana pouted as she glared at him. "Your character's cheesy lines won't work on me, Lee Do Hwa." she said and noticed Do Hwa was glancing at the music room in wonder. "But, I'll let it slide. You're so cheeky, you know."

Do Hwa looked at her and chuckled in amusement as he made her turn around to face him. "Saranghae, Siu Hana."

"Saranghae, Lee Do Hwa."

Hana wrapped her arms around Do Hwa, embracing him. Do Hwa mimicked her actions and placed his head on top of hers.

"I'm glad we met, Hana. I'm glad you found me and waited for me."

Hana glanced at the music room and looked away, troubled as she snuggled closer to Do Hwa.

🌸🌸🌸

Hana peeked inside A3's hideout and saw Kyung lying on the sofa with his arm covering his eyes. She quietly walked in the room towards Kyung and noticed his phone on the table. She saw his phone was unlocked, she was about to turn around, but something caught her eye. It was his message for Dan Oh, the exact time and date when they found Dan Oh and Haru together under the 300 year old tree. She put two and two together and her eyes widen in realization.

"Kyung helped Dan Oh and Haru."

Hana looked down at Kyung and heard him snoring softly. She grabbed his blazer beside him and placed it over his body. She smiled affectionately at him and gently brushed his hair.

"You were aware in Trumpet Creeper, weren't you? You remembered the past and everything that happened, that's why you don't want history to repeat itself. I'm so proud of you."

Hana gently kissed Kyung on the forehead and smiled fondly at him.

"Chun Hwa of Trumpet Creeper has forgiven you, and Hana of Secret wanted to thank you for being yourself, Baek Kyung."

Hana turned and walked away from A3's hideout, leaving the peaceful sleeping Kyung.

'If it weren't for you, Kyung, you, Dan Oh and Haru would continue to suffer. I couldn't bear to watch my dear friends experience the same pain over and over again.'

🌸🌸🌸

Hana and Jinmichae were at the library, each holding their first manhwa. Hana with Maehwa, and Jinmichae with Trumpet Creeper.

"Endings are inevitable." Hana said and placed Maehwa into the bookshelf, where she first saw it. "In every story, there's a beginning and ending."

"Our stories did as well, so will this one." Jinmichae added and placed Trumpet Creeper beside Maehwa. "It's time we move on with our past, and live in the present."

"And, just hope for a better future." Hana mumbled and smiled softly at the two manhwas before placing Secret beside them, while Jinmichae turned to look at her with an affectionate smile on his face.

"Hana."

Hana hummed in response as she looked at him. "What is it, Jin Mi?"

Jinmichae gently grabbed Hana's hand. "I like you, Hana." he confessed.

Hana's eyes widen in surprise. "Wait, what?"

Jinmichae chuckled in amusement at her reaction. "Like is a simple word after everything that has happened. I love you, Hana. I'm not expecting a reply, I already know that my love is unrequited." he said sadly and looked down, refraining himself from shedding tears. "I know your heart belongs to Do Hwa, as his belongs to you. Just like before, Chun Hwa and Do Yun of Trumpet Creeper. I truly wish your happiness and the ending you both deserve."

He wanted to confess, before Secret ends. He read the upcoming stage of Hana and Do Hwa, and didn't expect the writer would already draw their next scene. No one was changing anyone's scene anymore, so he wouldn't have to worry about it. Before, he wanted Hana to reciprocate his feelings, but now, all he wanted was closure and peace of mind. He only wished now was to see Hana and Do Hwa love each other freely.

"Jin Mi, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Hana said as her vision blurred with tears. "I am really really sorry."

Jinmichae smiled fondly at her as he opened his arms. Hana immediately wrapped her arms tightly around Jinmichae, embracing him.

"You shouldn't shed such precious tears for me, Hana." Jinmichae said and pulled away from her, so he could gently wiped the tears escaping from her eyes. "Do Hwa might kill me if he sees you crying because of me."

Hana knew how Jinmichae truly felt right now, how much he was suffering the pain. She knew how much unrequited love hurts. She was crying for him, crying for his pain.

Standing nearby, Do Hwa stared at them with jealousy. He was looking for Hana inside the library and found her embracing Jinmichae.

He knew Jinmichae has feelings for Hana, that was why he was always protecting her. He was adamant that he, Dan Oh and Haru shouldn't change the story. Everything he has done so far was for Hana.

He narrowed his eyes and walked towards them. He grabbed Hana's hand and spun her around towards his chest.

Hana's eyes widen and gasped as she looked up to find Do Hwa glaring at Jinmichae. "Do Hwa?"

Jinmichae blinked in confusion at what happened and looked at Do Hwa. "Lee Do Hwa?"

"Will you just give up on Hana?" Do Hwa asked, almost pleadingly. "I spent half of Secret without my memories of her, half of the other half was spent on trying to change her story, and the last half was spent trying to endure the pain I caused her of waiting for me to remember our past."

Do Hwa continued to complain and pout as Hana and Jinmichae looked at each other with amusement. They knew Do Hwa must have misunderstood their actions.

"Aren't you gonna stop and explain to him, Hana?"

"No, Do Hwa's cute when he's like that."

"You're whipped as he is."

"Woah, Geum Jin Mi, you just said a slang, I thought you're an ancient soul."

"You're one to talk, Chun Hwa."

"Yah! Are you two seriously gossiping in front of me?!"

🌸🌸🌸

Hana was smiling happily as she walked inside A3's hideout, but it soon disappeared when she saw Do Hwa and Nam Ju glaring at each other. She noticed Kyung sitting on the sofa, looking at the two without a care about their usual petty fight.

"Are you and Hana dating?"

"Why do you care?"

'The story is ending, yet they're still at it.' she thought and shakes her head in disbelief.

"Just tell me, are you two dating?"

"Why are you being so nosy? It's none of your business."

She frowned as cross her arms and walked over to them. "Why are you two still fighting over that?" she asked.

Nam Ju and Do Hwa's eyes widen and turned to Hana.

"Hana!"

They looked back at each other and glared.

"Yah, Lee Do Hwa, how many times have I told you---"

"Yah, Oh Nam Ju! I've been nice to you even though you treat me so unfairly when it comes to finally having feelings for Hana on stage, but now I'm not backing down. I like Hana, and if you don't like us together, so be it! I don't care what you think! I love Hana, and that's all that matters!"

Hana's heart fluttered and looked away, blushing, while Nam Ju's eyes widen in shock at her reaction.

"Siu Hana, you--"

Hana looked at Nam Ju. "I love Do Hwa."

Do Hwa felt his hear fluttered at her declaration and looked at her with a blush on his face. Kyung stood up from the sofa and stood beside Hana and Do Hwa.

"Nam Ju, let them be happy. You should be glad that Do Hwa finally likes Hana. You should think of their happiness, not just your own."

Hana, Do Hwa and Nam Ju turned to Kyung with wide shock eyes.

"Kyung, is that really you?"

"Woah, Baek Kyung, you're so cool."

"Yah! Kyung when did you become so cool, I'm starting to feel jealous."

Kyung frowned as he looked at his childhood friends. "Stop it." he complained as he walked back to the sofa and laid on it. "Hana's all grown up. She's not the little girl we knew from before. She can make her own choices. If she loves Do Hwa, let her. It's obvious Do Hwa loves her too."

Nam Ju sighed heavily and looked at Do Hwa. "Look, I'm just scared that Hana will get hurt. We know your reputation at school, you're cheeky and a flirt." he explained as Hana glanced sadly at Do Hwa.

'The writer gave Do Hwa such a character, it wasn't his fault.'

Do Hwa smiled sadly. "I'm sorry you see me that way, but I don't blame you." he said and looked up glaring. 'It's the writer's fault!'

"However, you know me since we were little, you know you can trust me to love and take care of Hana."

Nam Ju glared as he stood in front of him and clamped a hand over his shoulder before smiling and tightly wrapping his arms around him.

"Make sure you do, Lee Do Hwa."

Do Hwa's eyes widen in shock as he looked at Nam Ju, while Kyung glanced at them with a proud smirk on his face.

Do Hwa looked at Hana, who was smiling happily at them. 'I promise to love Hana in every lifetime. I'll always find her and choose to love her.'

🌸🌸🌸

page flipping...

Stage Hana was gathering the books left at the tables and putting them back to the bookshelves.

Stage Do Hwa smiled as he walked inside the library and browsed some books to read.

They walked through each bookshelves until they stood in front of the same one, where Maehwa, Trumpet Creeper and Secret were placed by Hana and Jinmichae in the shadow.

They both looked at the gap separating them and saw each other. Their eyes widen in surprise and chuckled in amusement.

"Siu Hana."

"Lee Do Hwa."

They smiled at each other with so much love in their eyes. At the beginning of the manhwa, they were just second leads, not aware they would change their set ups and become different characters at the end.

'This must be the last stage of the two second leads before Secret ends.'

'Thank you, writer, for giving our characters the ending they deserved. A meaningful one.'

🌸🌸🌸

One year later...

Hana was fixing her maroon colored graduation cap on her head as she walked towards A3's hideout. Students were wearing their maroon and gold coloured graduation robes, all were excited for today's occasion. They were finally graduating high school. It was Seuli High School's 115th Graduation.

Hana smiled as she watched her fellow students goofing around the hallway before entering A3's hideout.

"You're finally here."

"You're late, Siu Hana."

Hana quirk an eyebrow as she glanced at her childhood friends. Do Hwa, Nam Ju and Kyung were sitting on the sofa, looking at her.

"So, what if I'm late?" she asked sarcastically.

Do Hwa stood up and grinned. "You're still pretty, my dear girlfriend!" he said proudly.

Nam Ju and Kyung rolled their eyes in annoyance. They still couldn't get used to Do Hwa flirting with Hana every chance he could get. They were happy for the two, but Do Hwa was sometimes too much to handle. He was overly clingy and cringy as a boyfriend. They pity Hana for having a such childish and cheeky significant other.

Do Hwa let Hana sit on the single sofa he was sitting on. He winked at her and smiled before standing in front of his childhood friends.

"Now, that we're all here, shall I begin?"

Hana and Kyung glanced at each other in confusion. "Begin what?"

Do Hwa cleared his throat and pulled a note from his pocket. "To A3, whom I love dearly. But not as much as I love Hana." he said and winked at Hana, who chuckled at him in amusement. "I remember our day first day of school together. We were in Forsythia Class at Seuli Kindergarten. Hana was the cutest girl in the world."

Hana smiled softly as she leaned back in her chair, while Nam Ju and Kyung frowned at Do Hwa.

"Nam Ju couldn't write yet."

Hana let out a soft laugh and quickly clamped a hand over her mouth to supress it. Hearing her, Nam Ju felt embarrassed as he glared at Do Hwa

"Kyung looked unhappy back then as well."

Hana's soft laugh turned to fits of giggles. Hearing her, Kyung also felt embarrassed and glared at Do Hwa.

"And then there was me, Hana's counterpart, the cutest boy in the world. From our first class together, I knew that we'd be good friends."

Hana looked at Do Hwa in amusement when she saw he was pretending to hold back his tears.

"Thanks to you, I had a wonderful time. I'll never forget you."

"Lee Do Hwa, why do you sound like you're going somewhere far away?" Nam Ju asked with a frown on his face.

Do Hwa blinked his invisible tears. "We're graduating, so I ought to do this." he replied.

"Graduating isn't a big deal. Even after graduation, A3 will always be A3." Nam Ju said and glanced around his childhood friends.

Hana stood up and crossed her arms. "You boys are A3. I'm not part of it." she said and shakes her head. "I'm your childhood friend who you forced to be a part of this group."

Nam Ju stood up and looked at her. "You're wrong. You're part of A3." he declared and walked over to Hana.

Kyung nodded as he stood up as well. "He's right. A3 shines the brightest when we're all together." he said and smirked at Nam Ju.

Do Hwa stared at him in awe. "Kyung, this isn't even the stage and you're saying such a thing?" he said in disbelief.

Hana chuckled. "I like this Kyung than before." she said, giving Kyung a thumbs up and a finger heart. "Stage or not."

Kyung glanced at her and smiled in amusement before looking away. Nam Ju stared at them in confusion.

"Stage?"

Do Hwa quickly went to sit beside Nam Ju. "What we mean is, you always seem like a star of the stage." he said and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "That's what I'm talking about."

"Thanks."

Do Hwa rolled his eyes. "When did you ever thank anyone?" he muttered and his eyes widen what Nam Ju just said before glancing at him and Kyung. "You've all grown up!"

Hana stood in front of her childhood friends and looked at Do Hwa. "You're the only one who hasn't." she teased him.

Do Hwa's eyes widen and gasped in shock. "I can't believe my own girlfriend just said that. It hurts." he said as he dramatically placed his hands on his chest and fell back on the sofa.

Hana chuckled at him, while Nam Ju and Kyung rolled their eyes at how dramatic he was.

Nam Ju stood up. "I'm saying this on A3's honor. We'll always be together." he said and smiled at his childhood friends.

Kyung smiled as well. "You're right, Nam Ju."

Do Hwa happily stood up and wrapped his arms around Nam Ju and Kyung. "I'm so happy to have you guys!"

Hana quickly grabbed her phone from her pocket and took a photo of them. She stared at the photo with soft smile on her face.

"I'll miss us together when the next story begins." she mumbled and looked up when she heard rustling.

Her eyes widen when she saw A3 were holding each a bouquet of flowers.

Do Hwa was holding a bouquet of red, white and pink roses with cherry blossoms.

Nam Ju was holding a bouquet of different colored tulips.

Kyung was holding a bouquet of purple orchids.

"These are beautiful!" Hana gushed excitedly as the three boys handed her the bouquets.

Do Hwa, Nam Ju and Kyung smiled affectionately at her.

"For the girl who always cared."

"For the girl who is always there."

"For the girl I love so much."

Three bouquets were overwhelming Hana, but she didn't care. She was touched at how her childhood friends surprised her. She leaned to smell the flowers when she heard the sound of a camera.

Do Hwa, Nam Ju and Kyung had their phones out, and took a photo of her smiling as she smelled the bouquets.

"Do I look pretty in the photo?" she joked and laughed lightly.

Do Hwa glanced at his friends beside him and frowned in jealousy. "Yah, I was going to ignore you two buying Hana flowers too, but don't take photos her while you're at it!"

"And you get to take hers? When did you become the jealous type, Do Hwa?"

"We're her friends before you became her boyfriend. Suck it up, Do Hwa."

🌸🌸🌸

Hana smiled as she walked around, watching her classmates and schoolmates taking pictures with each other. She was carrying the bouquets she got from her childhood friends when someone stood in front of her, blocking her way.

"I'm glad I didn't buy you a bouquet of flowers too. Three is too much to carry."

Hana smiled happily when she saw Jinmichae. "Jin Mi!"

Jinmichae took Nam Ju's and Kyung's bouquet from Hana and smiled at it. "Those three boys really love you, don't they?" he said and smelled the flowers. "Congratulations, Siu Hana. Not for your graduation, but for your happy ending."

"Thank you, Jin Mi." Hana said and looked affectionately at him. "I'm gonna miss you when this story ends."

Jinmichae held back his tears as he smiled back. "I'm gonna miss you too, Chun Hwa." he said, handing Hana's bouquets back to her. "I'll always be rooting for you, wherever we are."

Hana and Jinmichae turned around and walked away from each other as they heard the flip of a stage for the last time.

page flipping...

Stage Hana was smiling happily while holding Do Hwa's bouquet as she stood in front of A3 on the stairs of the main building, while Soo Chul was taking their photo together.

"Class 2-8, over here! Gather around Siu Hana and Lee Do Hwa for a class picture!"

Nam Ju and Kyung smiled at Hana and Do Hwa and walk away towards their classmates. Hana and Do Hwa turned to look at each other as their classmates gathered behind them for the class photo.

'Saranghae.'

Hana and Do Hwa's heart fluttered as they smiled at each other lovingly and tightly intertwined their hands, ignoring Soo Chul's countdown to take the photo.

They were still confused how and why did the writer wanted them to end up together. They weren't complaining, but kept wondering what changed the writer's mind. Hana was always hurting in the manhwa, because of her set up to have feelings for Do Hwa, who was supposed to fall in love with the main character. However, at the last minute, the writer made Do Hwa's character realize he liked Hana. The writer must have wanted everyone their happy ending.

Hana glanced around and saw a teary eyed Dan Oh nearby.

'Haru...'

Her eyes widen realizing that not everyone had their happy ending.

Hana and Do Hwa heard the sound of a book closing, but this time it was loud as their surroundings started to glitch violently and darkened. They knew what will happen and they were prepared.

They tightly embraced each other and closed their eyes, waiting for the writer to end Secret.

"We'll meet again. I don't know where, and I don't know when, but I know we'll meet again. There will always be another beginning of a new story."

"Just like Shakespeare said, life is too short to love you in one, I promise to love you in the next life."

━━━━━━━━━༻🌸༺━━━━━━━━━

One story ends, and another story begins...

Stage Siu Hana opened her eyes as she gasped softly. She looked around to find herself in a university and playing the violin in the middle of the courtyard with cherry blossom and plum blossom trees in full bloom, indicating it was spring time.

She has short hair now, which was just above her shoulders. She looked different with her new hair. The writer must wanted to make her look different for the new story. She always had long hair since Maehwa, Trumpet Creeper and Secret.

She glanced around and saw many familiar faces from Secret while playing the violin.

'The writer is using the students from Secret. How nostalgic.'

She noticed Oh Nam Ju sitting on a nearby bench and smiled, seeing he was wearing a strawberry printed t-shirt.

'Strawberry? Does that mean---'

Someone rushed past her and realized it was Yeo Joo Da. She rushed towards Nam Ju and they smiled happily at each other.

"I'm glad to see you two together again, Joo Da and Nam Ju.'

She saw Baek Kyung and his younger brother, Joon Hyun sitting on a bench beside Nam Ju and Joo Da talking with happy smiles on their faces.

'You wanted someone to be by yourside, and your younger brother, Joon Hyun has always been with you since. He saw you for you for who you really are, how caring you are.'

She turned around and locked eyes with someone special from her past, standing nearby. A brown haired Jin Mi was wearing glasses and holding a book in his hand stood far away from her. He stared in awe at her, but blushed when he realized she was looking at him. He faked a cough and quickly walked away.

'I'm glad the writer got rid of your blond hair, Jin Mi. I'm glad to see you again.'

She noticed a couple walking past her. A long haired Eun Dan Oh, and Haru looked at each other, obviously in love. She looked at them fondly and closed her eyes.

'Eun Dan Oh, Haru, you two finally together in a manhwa. I'm so happy.'

When she heard the sound of a book closing, she opened her eyes and stopped playing the familiar looking violin. She stared at it with look of longing for someone.

"Lee Do Hwa, where are you?"

Just like Trumpet Creeper and Secret, she was aware. Her memories from the past were intact when she woke up in another manhwa. Meanwhile, the others weren't.

However, she couldn't help but yearn to see the love of her life. She was hopeful that he'll be in this manhwa too, like her and the other past characters. The writer has changed their set up in Secret and became a couple.

Hana noticed pink petals on her head and shoulders, and looked up. She smiled happily when she saw blossom petals slowly fluttering to the ground.

'I'll wait for you, Do Hwa.'

She noticed an umbrella on top of her head and felt someone standing behind her. Her eyes widen when she felt her heart flutter and quickly turned around. She gasped softly and her vision started to blur with tears.

Standing behind her with an umbrella in his hand, Lee Do Hwa smiled at her. He looked the same when he was in Maehwa, Trumpet Creeper and Secret. He was always handsome with a playful glint in his eyes.

Unaware of the sound of a flip of a page and spotlights shined brightly on them, Siu Hana and Lee Do Hwa stared lovingly at each other.

'We are the main characters again.'

━━━━━━━━━༻🌸༺━━━━━━━━━

Maehwa was their beginning;
Trumpet Creeper was their tragic past;
Secret was their reunion; and
Cherry Blossom was their story.

━━━━━━━━━༻🌸༺━━━━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 3.9K 28
[BOOK 1] in which she accidentally stole his first kiss. ----- [✔] you stole it 1 [✔] you stole it 2 #1-kooku #1-iukook completed:Feb 2017 coverby@br...
190K 8.6K 27
Book II for 'You read fanfics about me?' one shot. "When we first met,I had no idea you would be so important to me" "Everyone say...
1.8K 127 11
Two people who found each other in a strange way.... "Hi!" "Hi!" They both blush... "Why!? Jungkkook-ah....." Let's read to find out...... First P...
62K 2.2K 33
REMEMBER!! IT JUST A FANFICTION "Princess, I'm not really a playboy. I has a reasons why I be like this."- Jungkook. "Really? Then why you lied to me...