THE RISK (+18)

By tachaspalace

I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I... More

Intro/Author Note
1| Mr. Hotshot
2| Different
3| Casual Attire
4| Femine Energy
5| Best Boss Ever!
6| Complex History
7| Spontaneous Email
8| Payroll
9| Hurt
10| Word of Advice
11| Blurry
12| Slow Down
13| The Line
14| Burned
15| Deadbeat
16| Deadbeat II
17| Adjustment
18| Trouble
19| Taste 🔥
20| Time To Spare 🔥
Author Note/ Life Update
22| Free Will
23| Helpless
24| Bonds
25| Out for Blood
26| Chaotic Mess
27| The Results
28| Brother
29| A Blessing
30| Everything
31| Uncomfortable
32| Roles
33| Return 🔥
34| Simone POV (Black Paint)
35| The Funeral
36| Unhinged POV
37| Computer 303
38| Love of My Life
Epilogue 💕
Author Note 💕💕💕
New Book 😈

21| Former Best Friend 🔥

4.8K 186 197
By tachaspalace

When I woke up, it was three in the afternoon. There were visible bruises all along my arms, legs, and thighs. There was a sore thumping between my legs that was excruciatingly painful.

I rolled out of the bed and entered the living room to find Barron and Todd snuggled beside each other, asleep on the couch. My heart instantly warmed at the sight of them but quickly went cold when I saw that dog sleeping on top of my brand-new sofa.

I marched over to him, picked him up, and placed him on the floor.

I took out my phone, and I had an array of text messages from Sunny. I let out a deep exhale, and my eyes hit the ceiling. This is the longest we have ever gone without speaking, and knowing her, she is probably ripping her hair out, going ballistic.

The last conversation we had still does not sit right with me. I love Sunny. I would take a bullet for the girl, with no question asked, but she is such an obnoxious brat. I've let her slide with way too much.

I deleted our message thread and blocked her number. It's not permanent. I just need a little time off my phone not being bombarded with a swarm of calls and text messages from her.

I placed my phone on the table, and Barron opened his eyes and smiled at me.

He's so fucking fine.

"Hey gorgeous." He sat up and tugged my arm and sat me on his lap.

"Are you well rested?" He asked and I nodded my head before pressing my lips onto his.

"What do you think about telling Briana about us?" Barron asked very seriously. My lips curled into a smile. "I like that idea. I feel like a monster keeping this from her." I giggled as he planted kisses on my cheek.

This is the affection I have been robbed of my entire life. I feel as if this man was specially made to cater to my every need. This has to be a dream.

I looked over at Todd who was still in the middle of a deep nap. I have no complaints about keeping him. I think it might be the best decision I ever made.

"There is also something important I need to talk to you about," Barron stated before putting on a serious face.

"What is it?" I asked as I reached over and rolled Todd from his stomach to his side.

"Do you remember that guy that hung out with Melvin, Hayden, Hayden Bernard?" He asked gazing into my eyes.

Uh oh!

I felt a rush of heat pass over my face. I never thought in a million years that I would hear that name again. Especially coming from Barron. Hayden is Melvin's best friend. Well, former best friend. I sort of slept with him last year. I didn't want anyone to find out. I only told Simone and Yolanda at the time.

I should have known the information would have gotten out because of Yolanda and her inability to hold anything in. I heard through the grapevine Melvin found out about it and he was not too happy about it. Which is quite ridiculous when you think about it. It's not like I was in a relationship with him. We were broken up for two years at the time, and I did not really owe him any loyalty.

Contrary to popular belief, I didn't sleep with Melvin for revenge like Yolanda and Simone suspect I did. We were just in the club, dancing and hanging out. The vibes were there, and there was an attraction. The opportunity was there, and we both pounced at it. Well, we pounced on each other... in the club's bathroom.

"Yeah, I remember him," I said as calmly as I can.

I was not prepared at all.

"He moved into our building. He's on the third floor." Barron said brushing his lips on my arm.

SHIT!

I stared at Barron in horror. We haven't discussed my sexual history and I am dreading that conversation. How do I tell the man of my dreams that I've engaged in careless sex with all sorts of men for the past year and a half?

"How do you feel about it?" Barron asked me with concern in his eyes. "I don't know, I don't care." I lied.

I had a tornado of terror whirling in me. I could have passed out at any moment.

"Are you sure?" Barron asked me, and I nodded my head.

I peered my terrified eyes at him. I didn't want him to think any less of me. I balled my hands into a fist and let out another exhale. I love this guy more than I have ever loved anyone.

"Actually, there is something I need to tell you about Hayden," I spoke so softly I'm surprised he heard me.

"What is it?" He asked placing his full attention on me as he placed his hand on my thigh. "I slept with him last year." I blurted.

I squeezed my eyes shut. I did not want to see his initial reaction to my confession.

The Farrah from a few months ago would have NEVER!

Barron nodded his head.

"Huh, really? Okay." He shrugged casually. "Okay? You're not mad?" I asked shocked by his subdued reaction. "Are you expecting me to go into a jealous tirade...I'm not mad Farrah." He chuckled. "I told you about Hayden because I was so sure he was going to bring Melvin around and I was thinking about you and how comfortable you would be. I could care less about that." He added. "Besides, aren't we together now? What does your past have to do with our future?" He teased before pressing a kiss on the nape of my neck.

I'm going to suck the life out of this man's dick. I swear to god!

"Also, one more thing," I said nuzzling my lips against his face. "Hmm?" "Next month, I'm going to a wedding, I was hoping you can come with me as my plus one." "A wedding. Of course." He quickly answered. "It's Melvin's little brother's wedding," I added casually.

"What?" He gasped. "So there is a 100% possibility that the ex-fiancé will be there." I rolled my eyes at the impending interaction between me and Melvin.

"Are you sure you want me there? I might end up beating his ass....again." He joked. "Barron." I giggled. "I love you." He said before he pecked my lips. "I love you too." I smiled.

Barron rocked his neck back and nodded. "I'll go. Only because you asked me." He puckered his lips, and I quickly leaned in and kissed him. "Come on, let's go get something to eat," I said before tugging at his arm.

We both stood on our feet, and Barron picked Todd up from the sofa.

I went into the bathroom, washed my face, and changed into my Nike sports bra and leggings. I was still sore from last night, I needed to go to the gym to stretch out.

_____

"I hate broccoli!" Todd stammered when the waiter brought out our food.

For the past couple of days, he's been eating burgers, pizza, and French fries. I didn't care how much he cried and yell. He needs to eat something healthy.

"Todd." I pierced my eyes at him.

For the most part, he is a well-behaved kid, but he does have his bratty moments. I wholeheartedly blame my parents for spoiling him the way they have since the day he was born.

Barron playfully nudged Todd, and thankfully he immediately calmed down. Those two have bonded over the past couple of days.

"I'm going to use the bathroom," I said before standing up.

I left Todd with Barron and walked over to the other side of the restaurant where the bathroom was located. The second I walked into the bathroom, my phone buzzed in my hand. My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach when I looked down.

Please talk to me!
-Anonymous

I stared at the message rattled in fear. This was not Graham, and this was not anyone I know. These text messages are becoming more and more frequent. I've blocked every number but now I've had enough.

I would like to think it was Sunny, but I'd been receiving these text messages way before our little fight.

I let out a deep breath and finally decided to call the number. It went straight to an automated voicemail that was not set up. I opted to text the number back.

Who is this?
-Farrah

I waited on a response for a couple of minutes, and the number never texted me back. I blocked yet another number, used the bathroom, and walked out.

The food was there when I got to the table. Todd was munching on the broccoli we ordered him and Barron was staring at his phone. He seemed a little rattled.

"What's the matter, I asked him." There was something wrong. "I got an email about this business account." He said typing away on his iPhone. "Barron, I was given strict instructions to not let you work," I said putting my hand out. "Give me the phone Lopez," I said sternly. "You are so lucky you are pretty." He sighed before handing me his phone.

I looked down at my phone and noticed another text message came through from another number.

I will have you.
-Anonymous

A very uneasy feeling passed over me. I did not like the way these text messages were heading.

"You okay?" Barron asked me and I looked up to stare into his brown eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

Barron seemed to have a lot going on. I didn't want to get him amped up on something that can be nothing to worry about.

I observed Farrah as she lie beside me on the bed, naked and asleep. The second we got to my apartment, I placed Todd in Will's old bedroom, and we went straight to my bedroom.

"Farrah, baby, wake up." I tapped her shoulder, and she flung her eyes open. "What time is it?" She asked groggily. "It's almost 7, do you want me to call you out of work again?" I asked seriously. Truthfully, I did not want her to go. I want to spend the day with her and Todd again.

"No. I have to go to work. I'm head of the finance department, remember?" She giggled. "No?" I said before ripping the blankets off of her and exposing her gorgeous naked body.

"Barron!" She gasped before I hopped on top of her.

I planted a kiss on her forehead. "One more day. Please." "Barron, I can't."

I placed my hand between her legs and glided my fingers up and down between the slit of her warm pussy. She was getting wet and it was taking everything out of me not to pull out my dick and thrust it inside of her.

"God, Farrah!" I said entering a finger inside. "Stay here with me." Our eyes connected. She was squirming around underneath me, and a soft whine escaped her mouth. I knew right there and then that I had her wrapped around my finger.

"Fine." She finally agreed.

I planted my lips onto her lips, and we shared a deep kiss. I entered another finger inside of her and began to build up the tempo of my fingers entering in and out of her.

Farrah's mouth fell open and she tightly wrapped her arms around my back.

"Oh my god, I fucking love you," Farrah belted out as she began rocking her head back and squeezing her eyes shut, enjoying the sensation of me fucking her with my fingers.

"You love me huh?" I smirked quickening the velocity of pumping in and out. "Mmhmm." She nodded her head quickly.

Her legs were trembling, and her chest was heaving up and down.

In all of the relationships I've ever been in, this was the first time I've fallen this hard for someone and this fast. It's obvious that we are moving very quickly, but I can't picture myself with anyone else right now.

"Oh fuck Barron, fuck I'm going to cum." She belted out, and I felt a stream of water coat my fingers. She squirted all over my hand, and I was thoroughly impressed.

"HOLY SHIT!" Farrah gasped. "I've never done that before." She panted and placed her hands over her face. It was almost as if she was embarrassed. I can assure you that there is nothing she has to be embarrassed about if anything I was turned on more than ever.

The bed was drenched beneath us. I looked at the time, and we still had some time to spare.

I stood up and picked Farrah up from the ground and placed her sitting towards me on the ground. She got on her knees and grabbed at my dick. Her tongue circled the tip, and I rocked my head back.

I felt my breathing becoming heavy as she began to work me the only way she can. When I looked down and got a glimpse of her deep-throating my dick, for a second I thought about asking her to marry me then and there.

I grabbed her chin and brought her head to look at me. My dick was still in her mouth, and her eyes were glistening with tears.

"You are so fucking beautiful," I told her as we made eye contact.

She pulled away, and my dick was throbbing. I needed to be inside her. I had no condoms in my apartment. Farrah has a few in her apartment, but I could not wait.

With hungry eyes, I watched Farrah stand on her feet and sat on the edge of my bed. Her naked body was glistening from sweat. The sun was beginning to rise which means Todd was going to be awake pretty soon.

I guess my timing was correct. We both groaned in aggravation when the alarm clock on Farrah's phone rang.

"Come here, let me finish you off real quick," Farrah said with a mischievous grin.

If you say so.

I walked over to her, and she entered me inside her mouth again and bobbed her head back and forth. I clenched at her shoulder as I released myself into her mouth.

I think I might marry her.

Farrah called the secretary to let her know that she is still under the weather and have to take another day off.

We both got in the shower and cleaned each other off, I slipped onto my T-shirt and sweats and Farrah threw on one of my t-shirts.

Todd was awake when we entered the room. He was playing with his Captain America action figure. His face lit up when he saw us. I can see why Farrah fought so hard to keep the kid. He is a ray of happy energy.

"Hi Toddy Todd," Farrah said lifting him from the bed and planting kisses all over his chubby cheek.

We walked out of the room and entered the kitchen. We both stared at each other.

"One of us is going to have to learn how to cook." Farrah giggled.

She was right.

"I'm going to grab breakfast. If I come back and I see another dog in here I'm breaking up with you." Farrah said before planting a kiss on my cheek. "Yes ma'am." I laughed.

She grabbed her keys from the table and walked out. I got Captain out of his cage and put him on his leash. Todd excitedly ran out with me. Thankfully we didn't see Hayden this time around.

I will be lying if I say I was not surprised when Farrah confessed to me that she slept with him. I don't care, but it did take me by surprise.

We walked around the building for a little while with Captain and walked back to my apartment. Farrah was sitting at the table drinking a coffee.

"You know I just realized, I don't know how you like your coffee." Farrah smiled at me. "Black and sweet, like you." I winked.

Farrah couldn't hide her smile. "That was cute, I guess."

I sat at the table across from Farrah, and Todd sat down beside her. As we began eating breakfast I got an alert on my phone that someone was at my door. I scrunched my face confused because I never buzzed anyone in.

I stood up from my seat and walked to the door.

I froze when I looked through the peephole of my door. It was my mother, my fucking mother. What was she doing here?

"Mom?" I gasped. "Open the fucking door! I want to hug my baby." She screamed from the other side of the door.

I turned my head to see Todd on the ground playing with Captain. Farrah stared at me confused.

"Who is it?" She asked at the crazy women banging at my door. "My mom," I answered honestly. "Your WHAT?" She gasped in complete horror.

I was freaking out as well. The last I spoke to my mom she told me that she is coming next month. Why the fuck was she here and why did she show up unannounced.

"Where do you think you are going?" I grabbed her hand when I saw she was making a run for it. "I can't meet her like this, I'm wearing your clothes, and my hair is all messed up from us fooling around." Farrah hissed. "It's fine. Trust me. You cannot hide from her." I said seriously.

I don't put it past her to go around snooping in my apartment. It would make matters much...much worse if my mom finds her when she is hiding.

"Fine, let me at least go fix my hair." Farrah huffed. She picked up Todd and they both disappeared down the hall.

"Hi mom," I said opening the door. ¿Crees que no me habría enterado? [You think I wouldn't have found out?]

I placed my hand over my forehead. I pray to god Levi did not tell our mother about the Caroline's situation. If he did, I might have to kill him. I swear to god, I will kill him.

"What are you talking about mom?" "You made the Forbes 100. Mijo, I'm so proud of you." She smiled at me and I was relieved.

"Uh, a phone call would have been okay." "I miss my babies." She said before wrapping her arms around me and planting kisses on my cheek.

She froze after a couple of kisses and took a couple of steps backward.

"Why do you smell like women's perfume?" She asked with a sour face.

This lady is very observant. Almost nothing gets past her perception.

Here we go.

"I'm kind of seeing someone," I confessed. "What?" She said in a low tone. "She's here right now, you want to meet her?" I said with a nervous smile.

The last person I introduced my mom to was Fiona and she immediately adored her.

"I don't have much choice now do I?" She said rolling her eyes.

I love my mom, but there are times she can be so difficult.

I nodded my head and walked down the hall and into my bedroom. I found Farrah staring at her reflection in a middle of a panic.

I placed my hand on her chin and pulled her into a kiss. "I love you," I said to her, and that seemed to calm her down. "I love you too." She said with a smile.

I will never get tired of hearing her say that.

She stood up and ran a couple of fingers through her messy hair. She picked Todd up from the bed and we both walked out of the room to meet my mom who was standing out in the living room waiting for the both of us.

"Hi, mom this is my girlfriend, Farrah, and her nephew, Todd." I introduced them.

My mom squinted her eyes and stared at Farrah for a few awkward seconds. She was reading Farrah. Trying to intimidate her.

Fuck here we go!

"Well, you are a pretty little girl." She smiled but it was insincere. "Thank you, it's nice to meet you," Farrah said to my mother politely. "Yeah, it is isn't it." She said passively.

I felt Farrah's hand tighten around mine. She was nervous, and the way my mom was acting, made it no better. She was staring down at Farrah with so much disdain.

"Who is that child again?" My mom asked. "Um, he's my nephew." "Where is his mother?" My mom asked, and I was not going to allow the conversation to take that segway. I know exactly what she was trying to do.

"Mom, ENOUGH!" I said to her sternly.

"I should probably get going. I'm going to see Beverly. I miss my grandchildren." She spat.

I know my mom, probably better than she knows herself. I read her body language and the bizarre way she was interacting with Farrah. She does not like her and the anger I had seeping out me was dangerous.

"I'm going to go to my apartment," Farrah announced before running off with Todd.

I allowed her to leave. I will have to check on her after I get rid of my mom. I could tell she was hurt and I felt awful for putting her in that situation. My mom has a strong personality, but I never thought she would have treated Farrah like that.

"Parece que está detrás de tu dinero." [She looks like she is after your money.] My mom spat angrily.

"Mom, don't start!" I hissed at her angrily. I should have known she would have been like this.

I wouldn't say Farrah comes from a rich background but her family is comfortable. Way better off than we were growing up. How dare my mom pass judgment in the five seconds she met her.

"Soy tu madre y sé estas cosas. romper con ella." [I'm your mother and I know these things. Break up with her.]

"No!" I barked at her ridiculous request

I stared at my mother astounded. Her dark hair was pinned back in a loose ponytail, and she wore a black and pink pants suit. My mom has picked up an expensive taste. I'm sure the suit she is wearing is anywhere in the thousands of dollars. All the money I give to her, she either spends or gives to distant family members.

"I think you should leave," I said angrily to her. "Para que sepas que siempre tengo razón." [Just so you know I am always right.] She said as she walked out of my apartment.

This time she's wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
4.9K 135 26
Aaliyah's been having a hard time after graduating college. She's been living with her mom for a year now and it's been hell. Her mom hates her and t...
29.9K 662 49
His voice is low with what he says next, "I love you Gracie" my voice hitches down my throat. "And I understand this is not what you want to hear now...
834K 15K 54
18+ | Angel and demon brought together by accident. Sparks fly and moans reverberate through their bedroom but...neither one knows who they are to e...