cherry blossom || extraordina...

By GEMOfTheNight

"Just like cherry blossoms, our life here is short yet beautiful, brief but memorable." MAEHWA was their begi... More

one: plum blossom
two: begonias
three: magnolia
four: white roses
five: gardenia
six: edelweiss
seven: calla lily
eight: forget me not
nine: marigold
ten: valerian
eleven: white clover
twelve: hyssop
thirteen: balloon flower
fourteen: blue salvia
fifteen: camellia
sixteen: pink azalea
seventeen: red tulip
eighteen: purple lilacs
nineteen: tansy
twenty: hyacinth
twenty one: freesias
twenty two: bluebells
twenty three: chrysanthemum
twenty four: cyclamen
twenty six: honeysuckle
twenty seven: heliotrope
twenty eight: amaryllis
twenty nine: queen of the night
thirty: cherry blossom

twenty five: bleeding hearts

932 35 0
By GEMOfTheNight

━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━
them who became each other's unrequited love
━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━

🌸🌸🌸

Stage Chun Hwa smiled as she held the white cloak securely over her head, trying not to be seen or noticed by anyone. Soo Hyang, who was also covering her head with a cloak, followed closely behind her as they walked through the busy marketplace with Dan Oh, who secretly invited the queen to go out.

The three women stopped in front of a stool selling beautiful norigae tassels. The three stared at them in awe.

Unaware to the three, Do Yun was following them from behind. He was ordered by his older brother, the king, to guard and protect the queen. Even without being told what to do, he was willing to protect Chun Hwa in any harm's way.

Chun Hwa watched Dan Oh picked a trumpet creeper designed norigae. "Lady Dan Oh, do you know what that flower means?" she asked.

Dan Oh gently shakes her head and smiled. "Do you know, Your Majesty?" she whispered.

Chun Hwa smiled softly as she nodded. "It means wait. Even if the world falls apart and the earth splits up, I will only wait for you. It's a romantic flower, but it is how you interpret the meaning of waiting." she answered.

Dan Oh stared at the norigae in awe."It is beautiful." she mumbled as she held it tightly in her hands.

While Chun Hwa was smiling at Dan Oh, Soo Hyang noticed a plum blossom norigae in front of her and took it.

"My lady." she softly called out to Chun Hwa.

Chun Hwa turned to Soo Hyang and smiled softly at her. "It is quite beautiful, Soo Hyang. You have a good eye." she said and gently held the plum blossom norigae in her hand. "Plum blossoms, their beauty thrives through any adversity. After the harsh cold winter, it is to celebrate the arrival of the warm spring.They represent the good memories after the painful ones."

🌸🌸🌸

Hana was about to enter the school's cafeteria when she heard Jinmichae and Kyung arguing.

"You must know, don't you? What's the end of this story? Will Dan Oh end up with me, or will she end up with him?"

"End of this story?"

"I'm obviously the main character in this story, but why does this make me feel so awful? Don't beat around the bush again and tell me frankly, who is that guy, Haru? Who is he?"

"You already know. Someone who can bring change."

"Oh, that darned stage? I can change it too."

Hana's eyes widen in horror, hearing those words from Kyung. She shakes her head, refraining to remember the cruel things Trumpet Creeper Kyung did to them. She quietly opened the door and saw Jinmichae and Kyung facing each other.

"You? How?"

"No matter what it takes."

Hana gasped when she saw Jinmichae glaring daggers at Kyung with the most serious face she ever seen him as he walked closer to him.

"You're going to change the stage?" he asked and glanced at Hana standing behind the door, watching them. "I lost everything that's precious to me because of that."

Kyung took a step towards him. "As I said, talk in a language I can understand." he told him.

Jinmichae glared angrily as he grabbed a fistful of Kyung's uniform, surprising him and Hana. "All because of you! All because of you!" he shouted in anger and despair.

Hana gasped loudly as a memory forcefully cloud her vision. It was dark, she heard someone shouting in anger, screaming in agony, and sobbing in despair. She looked down at her hands and saw blood.

"I told you, have I not, Your Majesty? You should be careful, you are carrying the future of the kingdom."

"Queen Chun Hwa!"

"Stay away, Third Prince Do Yun! This is all your fault!"

Jinmichae and Kyung turned around and saw Hana staring at Kyung in fear.

"Hana." Kyung called out to her and as he was about to walk towards her, he stopped when he saw the way he looked at her. "Hana?"

"Stay there!" Hana said loudly as she gasped for air.

Kyung couldn't believe the way his childhood friend was staring at him. Hana never looked at him as if he was a monster, a different person.

Jinmichae rushed over to Hana and wrapped his arms protectively around her before glancing at Kyung. "It's best if you leave right now. You are not needed." he said sternly.

Kyung ignored him and continued looking at Hana. "Are you okay?" he asked in concern.

Hana took a deep breath to calm herself down. "Baek Kyung, stop it." she said softly, but never met his worried eyes.

Jinmichae glared angrily at Kyung. "Changing the story isn't always about you. Think about the people you'll hurt in the process, the people who suffered because of your choices. Don't be greedy and selfish."

🌸🌸🌸

Hana wanted to show Soo Hyang around Seuli High School before she left for France with Nam Ju. Soo Hyang was the new transfer student placed in her class, Class 2-8.

"You shouldn't have showed me around, Hana. I could have asked one of our classmates. I know you're leaving after school, you must be busy." Soo Hyang said as she and Hana walked towards the school cafeteria.

Hana smiled as she shakes her head. "It's not a problem. I think we could have been close friends, if I stayed." she said and opened the door towards the cafeteria.

"Hana!---"

She and Soo Hyang flinched in surprise when the bowl of stir-fried dried squid Jinmichae was holding fell on the ground when they entered the cafeteria.

Hana smiled knowingly as she looked at Jinmichae, who was staring at Soo Hyang in shock. 'He recognized her. I knew he would.' she thought.

"Jinmichae, this is Kim Soo Hyang. She's the new transfer student in Seuli High School and my classmate in Class 2-8."

Jinmichae smiled politely at Soo Hyang and looked at the mess he made as he awkwardly fake a cough. "Take a look around, I'll just clean this up." he said and knelt down to the ground to clean up his mess.

As soon as Soo Hyang turned away to look around the cafeteria, Jinmichae quickly approached Hana and stood beside her. He looked at her in shock and gestured his head towards Soo Hyang.

"She's here? When? Why?" he whispered in disbelief.

"I had no idea either." Hana said and crossed her arms.

Jinmichae mimicked her action and tilted his head to the side as he continued staring at Soo Hyang in disbelief. "Woah, the writer is up to no good. Bringing back your head court lady to be your classmate? Unbelievable." he muttered.

Hana bumped her hips with his. "Yah, stop complaining. It's good to see old friends from the past." she said and smiled when Soo Hyang turned to them with a happy wave of her hand.

"Maybe this time, she can live happily without worrying about me."

Hana remembered how Soo Hyang was overprotective of her. Even a little trip, tiny sneeze or a passing cough from her would make Soo Hyang hysterical.

Chun Hwa and Jin Mi were walking around the royal garden after their royal duties for the day. Behind them, their court ladies and eunuchs slowly followed them with their heads hung low.

Chun Hwa felt her throat getting dry and gently massaged her throat. Jin Mi looked worriedly at her and was about to ask what was wrong when Soo Hyang saw what she did and quickly rushed to her side.

"Your Majesty, are you okay? Should we head back? The weather is chilly today, you should have stayed in your room."

Jin Mi blinked in confusion as he stared at Soo Hyang, who was looking worriedly at Chun Hwa.

Chun Hwa gently cupped Soo Hyang's face with her hands. "My dear Soo Hyang, I am fine. No need to fret over something so small. With you taking care of me, I'll always be well and healthy." she assured her.

Soo Hyang's eyes widen. "Your Majesty."

Chun Hwa glanced at Jin Mi and smiled at him. Jin Mi chuckled in disbelief the unique relationship Chun Hwa had with her head court lady.

Jin Mi watched Hana and Soo Hyang walked away smiling. His eyes widen when Hana suddenly tripped and a worried Soo Hyang quickly grabbed her arm to keep her balance. The two girls looked at each other and laughed before walking away arm in arm.

Jin Mi smiled as he crossed his arms. "I'm glad you still get to smile and laugh after what the writer did, Hana. The question is, how long will you keep the whole truth from Do Hwa?"

🌸🌸🌸

As soon as Hana arrived at the school's foyer, she was embraced tightly by Do Hwa, Dan Oh and Haru. She noticed Jinmichae standing nearby with his arms crossed in front of his chest, smiling at them in amusement.

"They found out." Jinmichae said and gestured his head towards Do Hwa, who was holding Secret.

Hana sighed heavily and chuckled lightly. Do Hwa, Dan Oh and Haru eventually found out that Hana's character was leaving with Nam Ju to Paris. They confessed to pressuring Jinmichae to tell them what happened to her and Do Hwa's character and how it was related to her leaving. They offered to change the story, but she quickly turned them down. They tried persuading her, but she was adamant.

"Changing one's story will affect others too. I'm sure Jin Mi warned you already." she said and looked at Do Hwa as she smiled. 'I'll do what the writer wants me to do. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you from the truth, Do Hwa.'

page flipping...

Stage Hana and Do Hwa sat beside each other inside the empty music room. It was their last stage together before Hana would leave.

Do Hwa was playing his violin for her. When he was done, Hana smiled softly at him and clapped happily.

"That was beautiful, Do Hwa. Thank you for everything." she said, ignoring her aching heart.

Do Hwa turned his head to look at her in confusion. "Why do I feel like you're saying goodbye?" he asked.

Hana smiled sadly as she looked at him. 'Because, my character is saying goodbye, so dramatic.' she thought and let out a forced chuckle. "It's nothing, Do Hwa."

When they heard the sound of a book closing, Do Hwa quickly stood up. He grabbed Hana's shoulders and and pulled her into his chest, embracing her tightly.

"I hate my character! I don't want you to leave, Hana." he complained.

Hana laughed in amusement. "It's what the writer wanted." she told him.

Do Hwa pulled away and glared playfully. "My character is purposely hurting you! No wonder Nam Ju hates me so much." he complained again and embaced her again. "It's not right to hurt you."

"You're so sweet, Do Hwa."

Hana hid her head deep into Do Hwa's chest. 'You were always so sweet.'

🌸🌸🌸

Hana sat quietly on her seat as the teacher lectured in front of the class. However, she wasn't paying attention at all. She didn't even notice Do Hwa's eyes were on her the whole time. When class ended, she continued to space out as her classmates goof around their classroom. It was the day she and Nam Ju were leaving for France.

Her character wanted to take a break from liking Do Hwa. She chose to come with Nam Ju to think about her unrequited love. Her mind wanted to let him go, but her heart couldn't.

'The writer should make up their mind about my complicated love life.'

Hana noticed Do Hwa walking towards her as she heard the flip of a page. She heard him groan in annoyance and she chuckled at him in amusement.

page flipping...

Class 2-8 students gasped when they saw Nam Ju walking inside their classroom and stood in front of Hana.

Hana noticed Do Hwa standing nearby, looking at them before smiling at Nam Ju. "Nam Ju." she happily greeted. "What are you doing here?"

"Let's go." Nam Ju said, taking Hana's bag on top of her desk and carried it over his shoulder.

Hana's smile disappeared and sighed softly as she stood up and turned to face Do Hwa, who was looking at them in confusion.

"Hana? What's going on?"

"Do Hwa." Hana softly called out to him and smiled sadly.

Do Hwa saw the plane tickets in Nam Ju's hand and realized what was happening. He quickly walked towards Hana to question her. However, Nam Ju stood in front of him, stopping him from getting closer to Hana.

"Stop it, Lee Do Hwa." he warned and glared at him.

Class 2-8 students gasped in surprise at the three. Hana glanced around and saw her classmates were whispering at one another, and students from different classes were peeking inside the room. She noticed Joo Da, Kyung, Dan Oh, and Haru were also outside.

'Everyone's here? Is this really it? I'm definitely leaving.' Hana thought sadly and looked at Do Hwa as her eyes teared up and her heart aching. 'I really don't want to leave, Do Hwa. I wanted to stay. I don't want to be my character, but I don't have enough courage to change the story again. I'm scared.'

"Don't stop Hana from leaving, that's the least you can do after everything you've put her through." Nam Ju said and turned to look at Hana. "She's coming with me."

Do Hwa glared at him. 'She was forced to leave! It's her character who wanted to leave!' he thought and tried to move, but he was frozen in place. "Hana, do you really want to go? Do you have to leave?"

Hana looked at him and wanted to shake her head, but couldn't. 'No!' she wanted to shout. "Yes, I have to. I need to leave."

Do Hwa nodded in understanding and stepped back. "I see." he mumbled softly and looked at Nam Ju. "Take good care of her."

Nam Ju smirked. "I always do, unlike you." he said and looked at Hana before grabbing her hand. "We should leave now if we don't want to be late for our flight."

Nam Ju gently dragged Hana as they walked past Do Hwa, who looked away from them sadly.

"Hana's also leaving?"

"Hana and Nam Ju are leaving together?"

As soon as they heard the sound of a book closing, Hana and Do Hwa turned to look at each other. Do Hwa quickly grabbed Hana's hand and pulled her to his chest. Nam Ju's eyes widen in shock as he turned to them.

"Yah! Lee Do Hwa? What are you doing?"

Do Hwa glared at Nam Ju. "She's not leaving. She's not going anywhere with you." he said and intertwined his hand with Hana's.

Hana looked at him, surprised. "Do Hwa..."

Do Hwa looked down at her and smiled softly. "We aren't our characters. I'm not letting this happen." he said and glared at Nam Ju.

Hana smiled sadly. 'You can't decide that on your own. It's not our place to choose.'

Hana withdrew her hand from Do Hwa when she heard a flip of a page and smiled comfortingly at her, while Do Hwa looked at her, hurt evident in his eyes.

"The writer wanted this, even if we don't. But, I'll come back, Do Hwa. Let's just go along with it for now."

page flipping...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 8.1K 35
Life just has those bittersweet moments. || it is a sope story the first few chapters may seem like it's not but it's just part of the story I began...
133K 5.7K 31
❝It was like an accident that was meant to happen.❞ ❝Accidentally Perfect?❞ ❝Something like that.❞ ❌TRIGGER WARNING❌ COMPLETED - 2/23/18
67.4K 3.9K 28
[BOOK 1] in which she accidentally stole his first kiss. ----- [✔] you stole it 1 [✔] you stole it 2 #1-kooku #1-iukook completed:Feb 2017 coverby@br...
1.9K 90 35
A basic love story with a tragic ending. Two boys fall in love with each other, but one of them had a life changing secret.