Two Sides to Every Love (Gene...

By Shadowlumi

Sequel to "Two Sides to Every Girl" It was almost the end of summer before Y/n's senior year, and she was hap... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1~ Relationships
Chapter 2~ Sudden Vacation
Chapter 3~ Coincidence? I Think Not
Chapter 4~ Kept Secret
Chapter 5~ Rekindle an Old Flame
Chapter 6~ Katelyn's Care
Chapter 7~ Heartbreak
Chapter 8~ Breakups Suck
Chapter 9~ Clothes and Soup
Chapter 10~ Big News
Chapter 11~ Work = Fun?
Chapter 12~ The Prospect of Love
Chapter 13~ I'm Feelin' Twenty Tw- Five. Twenty Five.
Chapter 14~ Falling For You
Chapter 15~ Way Home
Chapter 16~ Fireworks
Chapter 17~ Start Anew
Chapter 18~ Oh No He Didn't!
Chapter 19~ Siblings
Chapter 20~ Home Sweet Home
Chapter 21~ Business Proposal
Chapter 22~ Worry About You
Chapter 23~ Healing
Chapter 24~ Smile
Chapter 25~ The End of All Things
Chapter 26~ Nightmare Before Christmas
Chapter 28~ Our Spot
Chapter 29 🍋~ Greedy
Chapter 30~ Maid Café Shenanigans
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Side Story 1~ OKAY I PULL UP
Side Story 2~ A "Little Bit" Drunk
Side Story 3~ Prom Night
Side Story 4~ New Year('s Eve), New Friend

Chapter 27~ Dear Diary

76 1 1
By Shadowlumi

"Dear Diary,

It's Giselle. I know it's been a while since my last entry. I wrote in you a lot when I first met and started dating Axel. Now, I'm 16 years old, 2 and a half months into my junior year, still dating Axel, and...I'm pregnant. My parents took me to get bloodwork and stuff done, and it's all confirmed. Axel and his parents know as well, and they were supportive. My parents won't even look at me. What am I supposed to do with that? Then there's Axel. He said he'll be there for me whatever I choose. I love him, but I wish he had more of an opinion. While I'm putting my thoughts down... I really want to keep this baby. I've always wanted to be a mom, and I know Axel would be a great dad. The problem is school and money. How would I manage a baby, my reputation, my schoolwork, and my job? I'll have to see as time goes on, right? In the end, it's gonna be what Mom and Dad decide for me. Legally, it should be my decision, but...you know how Mom and Dad are."

*~o~o~o~*

"Dear Diary,

Although I've been busy, I've made sure to write one entry every week. As of today...I've hit the 20 weeks mark! Everything is going pretty smoothly, but I'm scared it's gonna go downhill somehow. School has been pretty accommodating, and I've been keeping up!! I unfortunately had to cut some hours at work, but I'm still making some money! I've grown a bit of a bump, which Axel and I are really excited about, but...people have been talking shit about me at school. I hope this won't affect my college applications. Axel has been doing his best with damage control, but as we know, he's a bit passive. I appreciate him so much, though. He's really been my rock in all of this. ANYWAYS! Before I go on and on about my wonderful boyfriend, let me get to the BIG news of this week. We found out the sex of our baby! WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!! Axel and I cried so much at our recent appointment. He and I are beyond excited. We'd be like that if it was a boy, too. It just feels more real now! We're gonna be shopping for our girl soon. We already have a few things leftover from when we were kids, so it'll mostly be clothes, bottles, formula, and...my list goes on and on. I have all of the specifics in another notebook, so don't worry!"

*~o~o~o~*

"Dear Diary,

It's now the middle of August, and I turned 17 recently. My first birthday with my beautiful daughter, Y/n Harper... She was born on July 29 at 9:48 AM, and I adore everything about her. EXCEPT the HORRIBLE pain she caused me throughout everything (don't get me STARTED on delivery) and the bills she cost me and Axel. Hospitals are so pricey... Anyways, she's a bit fussy...extremely fussy, maybe, but she's quick to calm down. One soft look and a hug from Axel or me, and she's all cheered up. She doesn't seem to like my parents much, but I can't blame her. They were difficult about me keeping Y/n, but now they're trying to act like doting grandparents. Oh, she's also super uncomfortable around strangers. In that regard, she's a lot like Axel, but she looks exactly like me! I mean, maybe it's a bit early to tell, but others have been telling me that, too. I start school soon, but I made accommodations with my teachers, so I have all of my work for about two months. I only need to come in for tests, so I get to stay home with Y/n for the most part! Being a mom is tough, but that was to be expected. I'm so excited to see her grow up! It looks like she's waking up from her nap, so that'll be all for today!"

*~o~o~o~*

"Dear Diary,

I hate my parents. I hate them I hate them I hate them. I can't stop crying. I want to die. They made me give her up, and it was a closed adoption. Why did I agree? I should've fought harder. Now she's gone. My precious baby. I got a year with her, and now what do I have? Everything hurts. I miss her. Y/n, I'm sorry. You deserved better. It's all cause my parents were on my case... They were suffocating me and making me feel awful. With where my head was at, I couldn't possibly take care of her. I'm pathetic. Or...no, it's THEIR FAULT! IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT. Why did they change their minds after a year? I regret giving her up. Give her back. Please. I'll do anything. Axel and I are heartbroken. I need Y/n, and she needs me. She's gonna be so scared. What have I done?"

*~o~o~o~*

"Dear Diary,

It's been around 15 years since I wrote in here last. I'm surprised I still have this. For a quick recap, Axel and I got married, and I have a daughter named S/n! She's 9 years old. With how heartbreaking my last entry was, I would've thought I burned it back then. Every year on Y/n's birthday, I still get sad. I didn't think it would ever stop, but today changes things. After many years of fighting and research, I was able to track down the family that adopted Y/n. This year, they finally agreed to meet. I was scared, in all honesty. What if Y/n wanted nothing to do with me? Thankfully, that wasn't the case. Axel and I reunited with her. She seems like a happy girl if you put her relationship with her adoptive parents aside. With that being said, I feel like I was too forward with her. She's my precious daughter, but at the end of the day, she doesn't know me. I knew her for a year as a baby, so I don't know her either. Even still, my heart feels so connected to her. She didn't show that she was uncomfortable around Axel and I, so I hope we can move forward together. She's currently asleep in S/n's room, but we talked a lot throughout the evening. I'm surprised with how open she is. She told me that on her way home, a boy she really likes asked her out, and he's her first boyfriend. And then she finds out she's adopted...that's too much for one day. Maybe she's an extreme case of a 'go with the flow' kind of person.

More than anything, I'm surprised that she doesn't blame me for giving her up. I hated myself for so long because of that. I wish I could go back in time and reassure my teenage self that everything would be alright. All that can be done now is make up for lost time. I hope I can have Y/n back on a more permanent basis, but where she lives is her decision. I'm just overjoyed to see what a beautiful girl she's grown up to be! Her resemblance to me is clear, which Axel and I both love. Before I end up crying, I'll wrap things up here. Maybe I'll write in here more often. Poor S/n deserves to have entries dedicated to her, too. Oh my Irene, that reminds me... I really hope the two get along!"

*~o~o~o~*

"Dear Diary,

As of a minute ago, it's Christmas! Merry Christmas! This year, we're keeping it small, so it's only the four of us plus Gene! He and I have been talking a lot, and it fills me with relief that there's someone as capable as him with Y/n. Those two remind me of Axel and I so much... Gene dotes over Y/n a lot, too! Meanwhile, most of what I've been hearing from Y/n is that the basement is too cold. That girl... I should've had the basement finished when she lived here so she could've gotten used to it! Now, every time she visits in the winter, she complains. At least for most of the year, it's the two friends she lives with problem. As much as I love her, it's a relief that Y/n flew from the nest. On the other hand, I really hope S/n stays home forever. She's such an oddball, and she keeps me young! She isn't interested in dating or getting married, and I'm not too sure what her plans are in life (she isn't sure either), so there's always a chance! She does have great friends, so maybe she'll eventually move out... Or she'll manage to live on her own. With how Y/n turned out, I think it's within my daughters' genetics to be incapable of living alone. Y/n definitely fares worse, and S/n even makes fun of her for it. Sometimes it's hard to believe which one of the two is older... Most of the time though, they're on fairly equal footing.

Oh my Irene, I've strayed too far from Christmas! I wanted to invite Gene's mom, but she already made commitments with her brother and his family. I only met her a handful of times years ago, so it'd be great to get to know her more and catch up; especially considering that she'll be Y/n's mother-in-law at some point! Hopefully next Christmas I can have Maria over. I need to offer condolences for her divorce, but maybe I actually shouldn't say anything? Her ex-husband and her have been split up for a while now, after all. The first year of Y/n and Gene dating back then, we spent Christmas Eve with them and their son Dante, and it was lovely! I hope that day can be replicated, minus Maria's trashy ex-husband. I only heard what happened from Gene, but I still feel upset for Maria! It must've been horrible to end such a long relationship. I'm all riled up now, but I better head to bed. When it comes to Christmas, Axel is an early riser!"

As I creeped up the basement stairs, I noticed the light on in the living room and Mom on the couch, holding a notebook. "Hey! Merry Christmas! What are you doing up?" I asked.

Her shoulders jumped, and she dropped a pen and shut the notebook. "Merry Christmas! I was just going through my old diary and adding an entry. I'm about to turn in for the night, though. What are you doing up?"

"Was feeling a bit hungry. Gene sent me up as tribute."

She laughed. "Your dad's homemade cookies are in the cabinet above the dishwasher. The store brought ones are in the pantry."

I thanked her and made my way to the kitchen.

"Y/n, you kept a diary when you were younger, right?" she asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "It was in the back of my drawing notebook for a while until it filled up."

"Do you still have it?"

"I kept my sketches but threw out a lot of my entries."

"Oh...the great purge of the week before senior year, if I remember correctly," she said.

It'd be best that EVERYONE forgot about that. I tore up/threw out anything painful and had a bit of a pyromaniac streak. "Wasn't my best moment, to say the least."

"I've acted crazier back in high school."

...I have a feeling I know what that's about.

She let out a soft sigh. "Do you still keep a diary?"

"Not a written one. Anything important finds its place in my notes app."

"Hmm...I wonder if I should start doing that instead."

I shook my head, even though she couldn't see me from where she was sitting. "I think keeping a paper diary is neat. You shouldn't let go of it!" After wrapping a few cookies in a paper towel, I scuffled over to Mom and plopped onto the couch next to her.

She brought my head onto her shoulder. "Guess that just means I'll need to get a new diary. This one's finally filled up! I've had it since middle school...although I've always been very inconsistent with it."

"Jeez, so it's older than me?" I said. 

"A little bit, yes!" She brushed her thumb across the notebook's cover. "I actually reread some of my entries about you when you were just a clump of cells!"

"Isn't that...sweet." Hearing about that stage of my existence as a 25 year old is kinda disconcerting. I glanced at her and caught her eyes drooping. "I think you should head to bed, Mom."

"That would probably be for the best. You go to sleep soon, too!"

"Will do. Goodnight, love you!"

She smiled and brought me into a hug. "Goodnight, honey! Love you too."

A warm feeling filled my chest. I really have the best mom in the world, don't I?
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: CHAPTER FROM MOSTLY UR MOM'S PERSPECTIVE 🤤🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow🎮

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 724 20
Female reader ^^^ btw this is from Aphmau. 13+ tehe the story is finished #87 in aphmau
1.2K 7 19
Since freshman year,y/n has been friends with Sasha, up until junior year,y/n didn't talk to Zenix and Gene much. In senior year,y/n and Gene begins...
9.2K 295 28
⚠Warning this contains⚠ -Blood -Violence -Slight sexual Content -Suicide attempts/Suicidal thoughts -Death -Language -Abuse(Emotional, Physical & Sex...
10.8K 430 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...