Percy Jackson banished to One...

By Magizen

Percy betrayed and banished from his world finds himself in a world filled with pirates. Secluded on an islan... More

The gods vote
The first encounter
Pineapple Phoenix
Marco's revenge on Thatch
Thatch meets Percy
Marco's attempt at kidnapping
Izo does what?!
Percy's gift for being irritating
Deciding to stay or fight
The Meeting of the Whitebeard Commanders
Devil Fruits?
Thatch joins team Pineapple Head
Whitebeard upsets Percy
Annoying Pineapple Head
The Moby Dick can fly?!
Xian's attempt at a Conversation
Staying is of course an option

Don't abandon me!

1.3K 50 17
By Magizen

Whitebeard gazes at Shadow with a deep gaze, recalling all of the conversations he's had with the flame user, he's determined one thing. Shadow is short-tempered, Light and Sea, mainly Sea, are the ones who keep him in check. Light and Sea are back in their room, this means that no one is here to keep Shadow in check. 

Shadow, as if sensing Whitebeard's thoughts flashes a feral smile his way, Whitebeard's eyes narrowing in response. While he wanted the boys to join, if it ended with his family being injured, it wouldn't be worth it. Family comes first.

Silver eyes are shadowed by black hair as Shadow momentarily lowers his head, cursing Xian out through the link.

Zorak: Stop pretending to be kind-hearted you know what needs to be done! Percy's only been getting worse since we've been here, why shouldn't I kill off some of these pirates! Especially red head, he keeps bringing back bad memories!

Xian: I know what needs to be done.

Zorak: Then stop playing the nice guy and let's kill them! Percy is suffering because of them.

Xian: I know, but you're wrong. Percy's suffering, yes, but not because of them, we both know why he's suffering. 

Percy: Rachel, where's Rachel?

Zorak: Percy?

Xian: He's having a flashback, I'm with him, do what you need to, but know this. If you do something that makes him cry, I won't let you stay by his side.

Zorak felt anger creep in. Another flashback, when was the last one? A week ago? It hasn't been long. Their becoming more frequent. His head lowers further, the temperature in his surroundings raising as his anger hits a new peak. Percy is suffering! 

The two crews felt the spike in temperature, all shifting around uneasily, backing off from Shadow as they saw black sparks beginning to form around the young man. The atmosphere around the young man was growing increasingly scary, even Shanks felt a chill and took half a step back from the young man. 

The anger that made his blood boil suddenly changed to despair, his blood going cold as the despair made it hard for him to even breathe. Percy's suffering.

All his rage went away, the overwhelming despair made him realize a couple of things. He didn't want to go against Percy, and since Percy doesn't break promises, they really will be here for three months. Percy could die before the three months are up. I don't want him to die...not here...

Zorak focuses, the dreadful thoughts of Percy dying pushed back. Xian is right, we're here for three months. Realizing what Xian's been hinting at, Zorak growls in annoyance. 

Zorak: If I don't get along with these pirates Percy will worry.

Xian: Since you know, stop being such an idiot.

The pirates look at each other, as if trying to figure out who will break the silence. A coldness had spread from the young man after the heat, now it had vanished, but there's still an unapproachable atmosphere around the young man that made others not want to get close. 

Shadow suddenly raises his head, piercing silver eyes oddly devoid of their usual spark as he observes the group. "For Sea's sake I'll bother conversing with you." The words spoken were cold and while they came across as an amnesty, the biting cold made it seem more like Shadow is sentencing them to an early death.

"You don't seem very willing." Shanks states, getting a growl from Shadow who holds up his hand, black flames coming to life, dancing in his palm.

"I will not play nice if you infuriate me. Don't try me." Shadow darkly says, already not liking this being nice thing. "Sea needs me, so let's keep this short. You have five minutes."

Thatch scratches his chin. "Five minutes to what exactly?" 

"Ask questions. Heaven did this, didn't he? Let you ask questions?" Shadow says it in such a way that makes it sound like their all idiots for not knowing.

"How many questions can we ask?" Benn asks, getting a look from Shadow that makes him feel stupid.

"Just ask, whether I'll answer or not is up to me." Shadow says, the black flames changing shape, forming a star that changed into a bird, the shape constantly changing with no apparent pattern. The show of control over his power made the pirates realize one thing. Shadow isn't surrendering, but he is offering a chance to cooperate.

Whitebeard is the first to speak. "Is Waves alright?"

All the pirates stare at Shadow, the question something everyone wants answered. Zorak half wanted to leave right then and return to Percy's side, but since he said five minutes, he has to be nice for five minutes. "His wellbeing is of no concern to any of you."

Whitebeards crew looks ready to protest, but Whitebeard silences them with a look. Shanks on the other hand completely loses it. "What no concern, I'm worried about him! I feel horrible about upsetting him, look I'm sorry, but just because I only met him today doesn't mean I'm not concerned about his wellbeing!"

Zorak blinks, looking at Shanks with a strange gaze. Collecting his thoughts, Zorak says, "Sea isn't yours to care for. There is no need for you to know."

"You!" Shanks yells, angry eyes glaring at Shadow. "Not mine to care for? Do you think I need permission to care for someone?!"

Taking two steps back, Zorak growls, black flames rising as his eyes darken. For just a moment there he felt threatened, but he wasn't sure exactly how. This red-haired man can't threaten him, Zorak is very aware of his own strength, so why does he feel threatened?

"Red-hair, don't think I will play nice for long. You want to know how Sea's doing? He's suffering. You want to know why? It's your fault." Shadow spat out. In the back of his mind, he knew that was a bit cruel...and maybe not entirely true...but in his defense, red hair is infuriating. "Any more questions? Time's ticking."

"Are Wave's parents alive?" The question came from Haruta, who also had a rare look of seriousness. 

"Dad?" The soft and melodious voice came from the entrance leading belowdecks. Lost sea green eyes dazedly look over the people on deck. An unsteady step, followed by another, and suddenly the small and slender figure is in front of the stunned Shanks. Arms wrapping around Shanks waist, tiny face, buried in his chest. "Don't abandon me, I'll be good...please..."

"Percy!" The shout came from Xian who materialized on the deck with a flurry of ice. In his panic he even called Percy by his name. Seeing the situation of a very out of it Percy hugging Shanks and crying, Zorak lost it.

"Release him!" He yells, racing towards Shanks, a sword of flames forming in his hand. Heads would roll if they dared keep Percy from him. Xian agreed, a bow of ice forming in his hands, an ice arrow knocked and ready to fire at Shanks head. 

Whitebeard and Shanks both saw how fast things are going south. Shanks looks down at the kid whose hands were tightly wrapped around him, momentary surprise at the kid's strong grip crosses his mind before being buried under the seriousness of the situation. "Percy is it, Shadow and Light want you."

Shanks doesn't actually want the boy to leave him, but he can tell that things aren't going to go well if the boy stays with him. 

The crying boy starts really crying, more and more tears run down his face as he hugs Shanks tighter. "Don't abandon me." The heart wrenching tears jerked at Shanks heart, and for some reason, Shanks found himself wrapping his hands around Percy's tiny figure in comfort. 

Xian couldn't stand it anymore, firing the arrow of ice. He couldn't allow this man to get any closer to Percy. One, because Percy is his and two, because they'll use him if they ever learn just what Percy is. Xian and Zorak both refuse to ever let Percy be used ever again.

The arrow of ice whistled in the air, appearing in front of Shanks head in a flash, Shanks eyes widening at the speed, but he still reacts, haki coating the side of his face where the arrow would hit. Waiting for the impact, nothing comes, a tiny hand holding the arrow of ice, empty sea green eyes staring at Light.

"You...how out of it was I?" Percy asks, rubbing his head, knowing the only way Xian or Zorak will actually try to kill is if something happened to him. Percy doesn't wait for an answer, turning to look up at Shanks, the two inches apart. "I know you...how?"

Percy tiredly rubs his head, giving Shanks another glance before looking at his two still armed and deadly dragons. Coughing lightly, he pointedly looks at them. The two sigh, flames and ice vanishing, the two walking over to the rail of the ship and sitting down, watching everyone warily. 

Percy: Thank you

Xian: One wrong move and their...

Percy: I know him, red-hair, somehow. I'm not sure how, it should be impossible for me to know anyone here. Much less to feel close to this man.

Zorak: How close?

Percy: Familial, but you two are most important to me.

Xian and Zorak share a confused and worried glance. They didn't overly care about these people, but now that Percy is sharing that he feels a connection to Shanks, they can't continue this uncaring act. We'll have to get to know these people. We can't let Percy go through anything like his past again.

Both of them wondered if it would be better to get him away from everyone. If he never meets anyone, he can never be hurt...right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 2.8K 51
We were suppose to hate each other, instead we found love. ~~~~~ Portgas D. Ace x Fem reader READ WARNINGS BEFORE STARTING THIS BOOK! Cover art is m...
16.9K 490 14
After millions of people all over the world are mysteriously brought back to life, the Whitebeard pirates set out to reconstruct their family and cre...
26.9K 1.2K 10
This is based on a request from the lovely @AbyssCronica You've been blind to things that have been going on around you. Maybe you didn't want to se...