The healer [The maze runner N...

Autorstwa Violets-library

Subject A14: The healer, also known as Grace arrives in the Glade with no memories of who or where she is. Wh... Więcej

Book 1, cast
The maze runner: Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten: The beginning of the end
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Epilogue
Book 2, Cast
The scorch trials: Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Epilogue
Book 3, cast
The death cure: Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Epilogue

Chapter twelve

417 7 4
Autorstwa Violets-library

Grace sat down next to Newt, the boy sitting with Minho and Frypan. She held out her hand, a frown coming from Newt's face. ''Newt, I know that look. Your leg is killing you.'' He looked up, a small smile on his face as he swallowed the two pain killers, pecking her lips after as he thanked her. 

Thomas joined them after, Newt had his arm around Grace's waist, her head on his shoulder as he stared down to the camp. ''I wish Alby could've seen all this.''

''And Winston.'' Frypan added.

Grace looked up as she breathed out. ''And Jeff.'' 

''And Chuck.'' Thomas spoke as Newt adjusted Grace on his shoulder. ''He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy.'' Thomas nodded. ''Yeah.'' Frypan looked down, seeing Aris talk to Harriet and Sonya.

''Hey, Aris!'' The boy turned to them, waving at them with a smile. ''Hey, guys!''

''I kinda like that kid.''

''Yeah. I still don't trust him, though.'' Minho answered Frypan with a small smile. ''Hey, where's Teresa?'' Thomas questioned, noticing their fellow Glader wasn't with them. ''She went up there.'' Newt pointed behind them, looking at the cliff where Teresa's silhouette was visible. 

Grace looked after Thomas as she chuckled, making the boys look at her. ''He's so smitten, he's worse than Newt and I were the first month.'' The boys started to laugh along with her as Newt pecked her lips. 

The four of them talked about the Glade, the people they'd lost, the people they missed. Even Gally came up in the conversation, even though it was quickly shut of by Minho, who seemed to still feel guilty about killing the boy.

The sound of a Berg pulled their attention as the lights stood out in the dark evening. They all turned to one another, quickly getting up from their spot as the Berg started bombing the camp. The four of them rushed down the cliff where they were sitting, running over towards Vince and Harriet, avoiding the WICKED guards that were surrounding them.

They hid behind several barrels, looking between the three. ''Where's Thomas!?''

''Harriet! Ammo!''

''Vince! Harriet!'' The four of them rushed to them, hiding behind the truck where they were standing. ''How can we help?'' Frypan yelled over to the, Harriet passing a gun towards him. ''You need to cover us!''

''ammo! Hey!'' Vince held a shotgun in front of Minho, looking at the teenage boy. ''Do you know how to use this thing?'' He nodded as he took the gun from his hands while Newt and Grace each took another gun. ''Cover me! This fifty's our only chance!'' Grace put the scope of the sniper she held to her eye, hitting a WICKED guard in the back as she shot him. The four Gladers and Harriet sat around the truck where Vince was trying to get the ammo into the fifty.

Grace was surprised at how well the four Gladers adapted to their guns, easily shooting around them as if they had done so before. ''Vince, hurry up! There's too many of them!'' Newt called out as Grace shot a guard that tried to shoot Newt.

''I'm out!'' Frypan called out as he turned to Vince. ''Oh look out!'' A ball was thrown into the truck, exploding and hitting all six of them with electricity.

Grace fell forward, her body jerking in all directions as she bit on her tongue in pain. Guards approached them and grabbed them by their arms, dragging them towards the other people who had been caught. She was shoved in between Newt and Harriet as she saw Sonya, Aris, Mary and Vince all caught too. The only one's she didn't see were Thomas, Brenda and Jorge.

A guard came up to them, shoving their heads forward and reading their tattoo's. ''B5, B1'' Grace tilted her head, seeing Sonya and Aris as another guard began with Minho. ''A7,'' then walking over to Newt, ''A5'' In the meantime, the other guard had passed both Frypan and Harriet. ''A3, B3.'' Than, the guard shoved her head forward, ''A14.''

When Janson didn't hear Thomas' number being called out, he turned around. ''Where's Thomas?''

''Right here.'' The boy came in sight with his hands up as a guard shoved him towards Janson. ''Thomas ... '' Without warning, he decked him, throwing him to a guard. ''Get him in line.''

''Why didn't you run?'' Minho asked as he looked straight ahead, Newt and Grace softly tilting their head to see them talk. ''I'm tired of running.''  Another Berg showed up above them, the sound loud and annoying over the defeated camp.

Out of it stepped Ava Paige, walking over to Janson with a smile as she ended in front of him. ''Is this all of them?''

''Most of them.'' She looked at the group of immunes. as Janson continued. ''It'll be enough.'' She nodded as she walked further. ''Start loading them in.''

''Yes, ma'am. Okay, you heard. Let's go! Get 'em on!'' People were being picked up and shoved towards the Berg as Ava stopped in front of their group. ''Hello, Thomas.'' Than, she turned to Teresa, extending her arm with a smile. ''I'm glad you're safe.'' Grace stared at the girl as her breath got caught in her throat, staring at the girl who had been their friend. ''What the hell? Teresa?'' Frypan asked as he stood up, Newt frowning as well with Grace behind him.

''Wait, what's going on?''

''She's with them.'' Thomas answered as Minho's head snapped towards him. ''Since when?'' Grace breathed out, eyes full with tears as she looked at the brunette.

''Teresa's always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good.'' Janson spoke as he walked to them. ''Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time.''

Grace's eyes darted around, realizing their tattoo's. ''Your tattoo ... You didn't betray WICKED ... you betrayed us.'' 

Teresa looked at the group without any clear guilt as she shook her head. ''I'm sorry. I had no choice. This is the only way. We have to find a cure.''

''She's right. This is all just a means to an end.'' Ava turned to Thomas. '' You used to understand that, Thomas. No matter what you think of me... I am not a monster. I'm a doctor. I swore an oath to find a cure! No matter the cost.'' She looked almost desperate, looking at the teenagers in front of her. ''I just need more time.''

''More blood.'' All heads turned to Mary, who stood closely behind them. ''Hello, Mary. I hoped we'd meet again. I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances.''

''I'm sorry about a lot of things, too. But not this. At least my conscience is clear.''

''So is mine.'' Ava answered as a shotgun ran out, Mary crumbling to the ground as someone screamed while Janson put his gun away. Grace stared at the woman, tears now slipping from her eyes as she choked back a sob. 

Vince screamed in agony, breaking free as he held her body. ''Mary? Mary? Mary! Mary! Mary!''

''Come on, Janson. Load them up. Let's go. All these people. Get rid of them.'' Sonya and Aris were taken as Harriet called after them. ''Let's go. Let's go!'' A guard pushed Thomas forward, as he reached in his pocket, holding the device of Jorge up, a bomb enough to kill everyone close to him. ''Get back! Everyone, stand back!''

''Thomas, put it down.'' Thomas pointed at the Berg. ''Let 'em all go!''

''You know I can't do that!''

''Thomas, please stop.'' Teresa rushed forward, looking at the boy as she pleaded. ''I made a deal with them. They promised we'd be safe. All of us.''

''And we're supposed to trust you now?'' Grace yelled out to the girl as she turned to look at the pool of blood surrounding Mary.

''It's true. It was her only condition.''

''Shut up!'' Thomas snapped as Ava continued.

''Everything can go back to the way it was.'' She pointed at the four Gladers. ''Thomas... do you really want all of them to die?''

''Listen to her, Thomas. Think about what you're doing.'' Janson answered as Minho stepped closer to Thomas.

''We're with you, Thomas.'' Newt answered as he stood next to him, Grace and Frypan followed, Minho answered. ''Do it, Thomas.'' Grace nodded at Thomas in response as Frypan placed a hand on his shoulder. ''We're ready.''

Thomas looked at the men in front of him as he held out the device. Grace pushed her face into Newt's chest, waiting for the moment to be over as she too closed her eyes, listening to Newt's heartbeat as they waited. ''We're not going back there. It's the only way.''

So close to the end of this book and I'm so excited to start on the last one! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated! See you on Wednesday!

-X violet's-library

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

402K 15.2K 66
Life in the Glade hasn't changed for the Gladers. Every month like clockwork, a new Greenie appeared. But what happens when one month the new Greenie...
61.6K 1.5K 43
𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐒 alex had always been the only girl in the glade, and because of that, she didn't really open up to anyone. but then on...
1.8K 153 82
A17 - The Heart She's the kind one in the group, but can still have some sarcastic comments here and there. She's the Glader the others can count on...
9K 149 35
{Book 1 out of 3} It was supposed to be a normal Greenie day in the Glade, but they got their first girl instead. She was violent, angry, and didn't...