Fantasy Pills

By VelvetSpade

By year 2249, depression has been an outbreak to every sides of the world. Depression came knocking to everyo... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

23 4 3
By VelvetSpade

Chapter seven

Going out for a rainy day wasn't my thing. I would rather be at home with my feet up and eat some hot stew while watching shows in the television. It's raining so hard outside that my mind keeps inviting me to be at my bed all day. But by holding bottle that healed the dilemma yesterday, I need to solve the mystery. I need to see the girl in the forest.

After taking a bath, I wore a red hoodie with white leggings. I put on my white rubber shoes and geared myself with a sling bag. Inside the bag were the bottle, a foldable umbrella, and wallet. As I go out, I opened the red umbrella then step outside where the skies are crying. Good, now I look like Red riding hood. There weren't many people out. The street is indeed lonely. People living in the suburban prefer to stay indoors on a rainy day. Neo-Wisdom once created a hoax telling the suburban residents to not go out during a rainy day because of the diseases that the rain can bring. They say that living in a world surrounded by ultra-violet can bring different harms. They say that suburbans are not safe during this kind of catastrope, because unlike The City, we aren't immune. We aren't secluded in walls. We are not that advance unlike them. The people seemed to believe Neo-wisdom that they would never let their children play in the rain, that they won't go home until the rain stopped, and that any transactions made in a rainy day has to be cancelled. Some of them, decided to stay in The City for safety precautions. But clearly, Neo-Wisdom is just starting a hoax to invite people to live the luxury of being in The City where everything is advance, fast and where the taxes are high. Because in the world of economy, Neo-Wisdom also receive taxes aside from government.

Neo-Wisdom might be the crappiest company ever existed but they also helped the humanity aside from giving them drugs to escape everything.

During 2069, there was a plague in Asia. The plague gives their skin a rough complexion and wrinkles that makes the host looks old even though they are teenagers. They make the eyes swell and the lips pale. The carrier will experience high fever, massive headaches, pain in the neck and vomitting of blood. The host infects the body and eats the flesh, not only that but they also drain the brain's fluid. They thought that this is just another bird flu phenomena, but it wasn't.

The different leaders for the different countries in Asia agreed on a one statement. The statement that everyone who holds the disease will be quarantined in the Xiogou Island that is located near north west part of the Philippine sea but it was owned by China. China, Japan and Philippines used to fight over this land because of its rich minerals but China threatens the two countries that they will not supply them with exports and will not receive any imports from the two countries. Since China owns the biggest market that time, the two country has no choice but to give up the fight because they knew that it will affect the relationship of the countries involve and also the economy.

Different scientist formulated different cure for the plague but it wasn't going well. The government always gives funds to the department of health and also department of science for the immediate find of cure before it goes to Europe, South America, North America and Africa. But they didn't find any cure, instead they found a prevention. But the prevention wasn't accurate enough because it brings psychological side effects. The project took so long that a businessman from South Korea named Richard Gong, a carrier of disease, took steps in the land of USA. Thus, it led to a worldwide plague, making the humanity step on the edge of a blade and near to the so-called apocalypse.

Until an independent group of scientist formulated the cure for the plague. It was a successful project. Before USA bought the cure, they tested it to one of the carriers. And the carrier is the president's wife. The president's wife was cured, and the US government poached the formula for 700 million dollars. They export the cure worldwide for free, curing every carrier of the plague. Thus, humanity was saved from the end.

Months later, the group created a vaccine for the prevention of the plague. Everyone is vaccinated with the prevention and by the power of government, they made the vaccine a requirement for every offspring. The group of scientist also discovered the source of the plague, and it started with an ant. A gray ant. So they called the plague, "The great gray plague". History will remember this event, this event that led the humanity close to an extinction. This history will be studied in different schools as how the humanity was close to the end, and how a group of scientist became a group of heroes. The group was recognized by the government and officially established as, Neo-Wisdom.

Maybe that is the reason why they trust Neo-Wisdom too much despite the changes of the leaders and time.

The forest is a huge maze. We will never know directions nor the creatures lurking in it. I don't remember what part of the forest I met the girl so I decided to go around the forest. For me not to get lost, I cut tiny branches and drop it to where I step. There were different species of birds everywhere. There are also diferent colorful flowers. But none of them I dare to touch because of the harms they might bring to me like what the duck did.

A sound of branch being stepped, stopped me. I turned around and to my surprise, the girl was there.

"I can see that the potion worked very well. Do you feel grand right now?" She asked me.

I opened my bag and grab the bottle. "What is this made of?" I asked her, partaining to the bottle of potion she gave me.

"Well, it was made from the mixture of H2O and the blood of the Gray ant," She answered that made me feel nausea. "But never worry, Red! It was made with a clean process and we extracted the toxic fluids that caused the Syptopirotis back then. I am not stupid to give you a poison and called it potion. I am not a murderer, and I have no plans of being one."

I looked at her with full doubts. Who is she? How does she know my name? I asked her "How do you know my name?"

"Do you know that gray ants are also ingredients for the famous Fantasy Pills?" She said but it wasn't the answer I was looking for.

"No, but I don't even care so answer my question!" I demanded her.

"Do you know that Fantasy Pills slowly dr-" She said but before she can finish it, I cut her.

"Answer my question before I get my hands on the thickest wood and hit you right in the head!"

She smiled like nothing happened. She grabbed something from her pocket. It was a red envelope. It was the same envelope that Ara showed me yesterday. "We know, because we are watching you." She handed me the envelope and I grabbed it. "You might have rejected Ara's request but I am going to invite you again and I am not going to stop."

I jeered and spoke, "Listen, whoever you are-"

"My name is Myrtle and I am the head of the revolution's health team." She interposed.

"Okay so listen, Myrtle. I am not into fake agendas. I might have the huge grudge on Neo-Wisdom but what can I do anyway since it was there. Neo-Wisdom is a big company and we are not matched with it. Neo-Wisdom brought good benefits to the people right now and before. And the decision of my husband, it was his decision so I have nothing to do but accept it and not argue with it. So, I am not the perfect anatomy of what you are searching for your uprising so could you please stop watching me like I was a dog in display. I am not a lab rat and I will never be. I have a mind of my own so I make my decisions wisely. I have my free will. So please." I said.

"That's the point, Neo-Wisdom is a big company, too big enough to hide their secrets. Neo-Wisdom might have benefited the people before but at this time, there aren't. They have plans, I tell you."

"Then what are the plans you are saying?" I asked her.

"For confidential purposes, I cannot tell you yet. But if you agree to be part of this change, then we will spill it to you." She said and she grabbed my hand. She handed me the envelope. "You are a part of the community so you have the right to be concern and to fight. Neo-Wisdom is in for something big that's why they needed your husband. They have the most impossible plan. They might have save the humanity before but they can change the heads to tails. That is why we need to overthrow Neo-Wisdom because like what you said, we have our free will."

When I got home, I slouch myself in the couch like a tired lady. Wait, I am a tired lady after wandering in the woods in the pouring rain. I grabbed the red envelope in my pocket. I wonder why does this revolution need me when I am just another normal civilian. It might have been my connection with Neon but if that is the catch, then they should just recruit Neon or another person who has a closer connection to Neo-Wisdom. I opened the envelope and read the letter. It wasn't printed, it was handwritten with the sincerest font.

To Miss Red Sanders,

A pleasant day to you! I am Adeline Kantor, and I am the leader of the revolution. I am the head of this uprising against the powerful Neo-Wisdom. I believe that fear is a fragment of mind's creature that we can overcome and kill. I guess, I have killed this fragment named fear against Neo-Wisdom because of a vision. We have found out the most nasty and peculiar plan of Neo-Wisdom. I am not allowed to tell you for confidential purposes but I can tell you tha you will not like it. I am not forcing you to join this revolution because I want you in this team, instead we need you in this team. Miss Sander, you are not yet capable of yourself but I can assure you that you are powerful. There is something in you and your roots.

You might join us for the vengeance of your husband and your Auntie Charlie but we are enforcing you to do it for the humankind. Neo-Wisdom saved the humanity before, now they are going to destroy it. We are sorry for the loss of Auntie Charlie because of Neo-Wisdom's action. But don't make me feel sorry for the future loss of your husband if we are not going to be in action.

We are offering you a place in this Revolution. We are offering you to be the face of the uprising. We are offering you to be one of the leaders of this change. There is something in you that is hidden, and believe me it is big! If ever you are interested in joining, we will have a meeting this coming Thursday at the abandoned amusement park, particularly inside the horror tunnel by 9PM. We are expecting you there!

Note: This is a confidetial letter that contains a confidential message. You can spare the details to everyone but remember that we are watching you.

From Adeline Kantor, the leader of the Revolution

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293 30 23
(If you haven't read the first book, stop here! Don't spoil yourself, the first book is also on my profile) The death of a friend can break a person...
32.1K 461 20
The year was 2157 when Earth crumbled and governments fell. Most living things died and their was a silence on earth that was deafening. The first pa...
7.8K 545 34
[[BEFORE YOU READ: it's been years since this fic has been completed but I've recently begun a revisited/rewritten version of it on AO3 as well as he...
24 4 10
In the year 2150, emotions are a forgotten language. Feelings, outlawed. Humanity, reduced to an unfeeling, cold existence under the iron rule of The...