Nature calls

By TBThomsen

I feel someone looking at me, so I look around to see who it is. I stop and lock eyes with a man who has shor... More

1 - Kira
2 - Kira
3 - Kira/Shawn
4 - Kira
5 - Kira/Shawn
6 - Kira/Shawn
7 - Shawn/Kira
8 - Kira
9 - Kira/Shawn
10 - Kira/Shawn
11 - Kira
12 - Kira/Shawn
13 - Kira
14 - Shawn
15 - Shawn/Kira
16 Shawn/Kira
17 - Kira
19 - Kira

18 Shawn

2 0 0
By TBThomsen

Last night was completely insane. We made love four times, and I came four times! Luckily Kira came five times because I want to give her all the pleasure I can, but it was just insane.

The green pulsing light was so intense the last time that it almost blinded me. I don't even want to think what that was about.

I'm lying in bed, spooning her and listening to her lightly snore. I'm so happy that she's back in my arms and not a floating thing in the sky. Then I think about what she told us last night. A normal person would call her insane but when you have seen a floating Kira up in the sky nothing is impossible!

I slowly get out of bed, put on some pants, and go into the bathroom to take a shower. I need to wash off the sweat and juices from last night. When I'm done, I walk into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

There's no one around, so I put on a pot of coffee and boil some hot water for tea before I start to make breakfast. After last night I need some solid food, so I make eggs, bacon and sausages.

Then Sharon comes into the kitchen, yawning. I smile at her and ask, "morning sis. How did you sleep?" She glares at me. "I would have slept like a baby if you two weren't so loud." I can't help but grin. "Sorry."

Not sorry! Not sorry at all!

"You should be," she says. I just shrug. I'm in no way embarrassed about making my woman scream.

She sits down at the kitchen table before I give her a cup of coffee and she yawns again. "What do you want to do today?" she asks. I think for a moment. "I think we need a day where we don't do a damn thing. We could binge watch a series or something?"

She nods. "Cool. I'm good with that. Boe is going back to talk with all his contacts about plumbing supplies and windows and stuff like that." I quirk a brow and ask, "He has contacts with window suppliers too?"

She shrugs. "He has connections with everything. Apparently, he did a lot of charity work for all supernaturals, so he knows a lot of people and he said he would find free windows for the town."

Well damn! "That's very good of him," I say. She smiles to herself. "He's a very good guy." I nod and smile a little too. "Yeah, I'm realizing that. I'm happy for you sis."

"Thanks, Shawn. That means a lot to me."

I plate us both some breakfast and sit down to eat. Then I ask, "why aren't you going with him?" She swallows a mouthful of scrambled eggs and says, "I want to stay here and help if I can. I don't know shit about how to help Kira with her powers, but maybe I can help with something else. Cooking, cleaning. I don't know."

I smile at her lovingly and put my hand over hers. "Of course you can help. There's a lot to be done here. The house that keeps growing needs working on and you are a good people person. You get along with everybody here so you can help them with everything they need." She smiles. "True."

I pat her hand and get back to eating. Just then Hillary comes into the kitchen and when she sees us, she smiles and says, "good morning you two." We say good morning to her as she pours a cup of coffee before she sits down next to me.

"How are you two doing? What do you think about what Kira said last night?" Sharon thinks a for a moment. "I think it's totally insane, but I believe her." I nod and smile. It makes me happy to hear that Sharon believes her. That she doesn't doubt her one bit and that she trust her.

"What does it all mean though? Can she destroy everything too?" Sharon asks.

I nod. "Yeah. She has the power to create AND destroy. What we saw when... What we saw was her destructive powers. That's why the forest and the wheatfields were destroyed and she can't control that part of her when she's angry. That's the thing the nymphs will help her with."

"That's kind of cool," she says. I smile a little. It IS cool but also dangerous.

"What about William? What do you think about that?" Hillary asks. That shuts us up. He was our father and yes, I said WAS. What he did was so brutal and inhuman that I don't want him anywhere near my life, but he was our father. I have memories of a good childhood. It was only when I got older that he became distant.

Nevertheless, I think he deserved worse than being sent away and I'll do my best to find him and get him thrown in jail for what he did. Or worse! He killed Kate. I will NEVER forget that. Not to mention that he was ready to kill me. His own son.

Sharon looks a little sad when she says, "Don't get me wrong. I want to kill him for what he did, but he was still our dad. I don't know. I'm very confused about my feelings, but one thing I know is that he needs to be punished!"

Hillary nods and takes both our hands. "It's normal to feel how you feel. Don't feel guilty. If you want to talk about it, I'm right here." I put my arm around her shoulder and give it a little squeeze. "Thanks Hillary."

Just then we hear voices coming from outside and it makes the three of us raise our eyebrows. Isn't everybody here in the house?

"Hello? Is anybody here?"

Getting up, I walk out to the door and go outside. In front of me, a family stands with suitcases looking VERY surprised that I just came out of a tree. Then they start to look nervous.

"Where... Is Kira here?" I raise a brow. Who the hell are these people. Hillary comes up behind me and asks, "Gerard? What are you doing here?" He swallows before he asks, "we just... We have nowhere else to go and. Is Kira home?"

I cross my arms over my chest. "She's sleeping."

"Oh... I... Is it okay if we wait here until she wakes up?" I'm about to tell them no, but Hillary speaks first. "Yes. I'll go and wake her up." She's about to turn around and I gently grab her arm. "No, Hillary. You know what she's been through. She needs to sleep."

"Shawn, go and wake her up. Now! She needs to be here." She stares me down, so I sigh and reluctantly go into our bedroom. I put my hand on Kira's shoulder and kiss her on the cheek.

"Kira? Wake up, baby." She stirs and groans. "No. Go away. Need sleep." I smile and kiss her eyelids. She smiles too without opening her eyes.

"This better be good!"

"I don't know about that but there are some people here who wants to talk to you." She groans again and says, "Tell them to go away." I kiss her nose and her smile widens. "I would, but Hillary insisted."

"For Goddess' sake."

Sitting up in bed, she rubs her eyes and yawn. "Who are they?" I shrug and shake my head. "I don't know."

She slowly gets up and clumsily puts on the dress she wore yesterday. Following me out of the bedroom, we go outside, and she stops in her tracks when she sees them.

"What do you want?"

"We... Something weird is happening around here and... We don't feel safe in town anymore. Toby said that maybe we could live here for a while?"

Her eyes widen. "What? You want to live HERE?"

"It's just until we find another place to stay." the woman quickly says. Her tone is desperate, and they truly seem lost. Kira sighs. "I don't think it's safer for you here. This is where all the strange things happen."

"We don't care. Please..." Gerard pleads. She tilts her head back and sighs. "Wait here for a minute." With that she walks into the untouched part of the forest. I follow behind her and wonder what she's doing.

Two minutes later she stops and looks around. Then she walks up to two trees, put one hand on each of them and whisper something I can barely hear.

"If this is what you want, please help me." Kira's hands turn bright green and the trees pulses once. They grow closer to each other until they are one big tree with a large hole in the middle.

My eyebrow raises all the way to my hairline and my jaw drops. What the hell?

Kira sighs again and looks down. I slowly walk over to her and wrap my arms around her. She leans against me, buries her head in my chest and mumbles, "I guess they can stay,"

I furrow my brows and ask, "are you sure you want them to?" She shakes her head. "No, but the forest seems to think that they should stay."

She pulls back from the hug and we both look inside the small opening. The floor is filled with small branches, and it actually looks like one big nest. I lie down on the ground, and she quirks a brow and giggles. "What are you doing?"

"I'm seeing if it's comfortable for them to sleep on." It's actually not bad. We don't have extra mattresses and the house is filled so there's no room for them there.

"Maybe with a lot of blankets? Do we have any?" she asks. "Yeah, I think there are some in the hallway closet." She nods and sighs again. "Alright. Let's get back to them."

Getting up off the ground, I take her hand in mine and we go back to the others. When we get there, she walks over to stand in front of them. "Okay, listen. It's not much but I have a... tree you can live in until we find something better."

"A tree?" Gerard asks with raised eyebrows.

"Yes, a tree! If it isn't good enough for you, you can't stay because I don't have anything else for you to live in."

Kira looks like she hopes that they say yes. They have two kids with them, and I just know that her heart reaches out to them. I also know that she's not overjoyed with strangers being here, but she just has such a kind heart that she would have a really hard time sending them away.

"We'll take it," he quickly says." She nods and start to walk back to the tree with the family following her.

"What happened?" Hillary asks and I scratch my neck. "Well, she made two trees grow together and there's a small space inside of them. There should be enough space for them to sleep there."

"Fascinating," Olea says before she follows them. "Right." Chloe says next to me. "Is this a normal thing around here?" I shrug. "Not really but I'm not surprised. The tree we live in keeps growing so a small 'hut' doesn't surprise me."

"Alright then," she says. Kira comes back with the family and shows them towards the house. "You can use the facilities in the house. Just put your hand on the tree and it will open. If not just knock." The family stares at her in disbelief but they still nod. "Alright. Come on inside and get something to eat. Maybe I can make you some cocoa?" She looks at the children with a tired smile. "If that's okay with your parents that is?"

They nod and the children smiles a little shy.

"Good. I'll get you some blankets."

"I'll help you with food," Sharon says and smiles at them. They all go into the house and I'm standing outside with Hillary. "Are they good people?" She nods and says, "yes, they are a nice family. They have never been Kira's biggest fans though, so for them to come here and ask for help... They must be desperate."

"Hm." I grunt and cross my arms over my chest. I'm not happy that they're going to live here when they don't like Kira, but I know that I can't talk her out of it. If the forest made the small space for them, she'll let them stay.

We go back inside, and I take the rest of my breakfast into the living room since the kitchen has become a little cramped. Turning on the TV, I put on Netflix and find a good comedy to see. Kira comes in and sits down next to me before she leans her head on my shoulder. I give her a piece of bacon and it makes her smile.

"Thanks." I kiss the top of her head and we start to watch the movie. When Kira has eaten all of my bacon, she walks into the kitchen to make some more.

Who doesn't like a girl who loves bacon?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 25.9K 19
"You are mine and belong to no one else" he sneered in my face "You're wrong" I mumbled turning my head away "You are my toy and I use you when I wa...
58.3K 846 26
Hello! This is my first book so there will probably be some Errors but i'll try my best to fix it. Also English is not my native language so pardon m...
447K 14.6K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
477K 23.6K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...