Trapped

By ragequiit

Luca Apollo Romano is a 17-year-old pessimistic asshole and student at Crestview High. He doesn't believe in... More

Welcome
1| The Beginning Of The End
2| Bella
3| Welcome To Hell
4| Cazel
5| Lunchbox Friends
6| Lazy
7| Secrets
8| A date w/ Mazel
9| Feelings
10| Reflection
11| Sleep
12| Black and White
13| Lost
14| Drenched
15| Why?
16| Sleep or No Sleep?
17| Apologies
18| More Apologies...
20| The Truth
21| Music
22| Ponder
23| Faze
24| No Good
25| ALT
26| Stems
27| Words
28|Mint

19| Incoming

290 19 0
By ragequiit

"The word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness."  - Carl Jung

Luca🖤

It was the Monday after the party, and Luca was getting ready for school... kind of. Because of his insomnia, he often woke up before the rest of the house. After preparing for a morning jog, he heard the doorbell ring. He mumbled a string of swears hoping that his brothers weren't awakened by it, much worse, his uncle. He opened the door only to see his older sister.

"Hey, brat." she grinned with a suitcase next to her

"Aless?? What the fuck are you doing here?" Luca asked in disbelief.

"Watch your tone," she warned, making him roll his eyes. "Is it so bad that I want to spend time with my baby brother?" she asked, pulling him into a hug he reluctantly took.

"No, but... what are you doing here?" he asked suspiciously.

Alessandra had been away for months. Regardless, she was the best sister. She damn near raised them when their parents died—dealing with Luca's brooding and soon Leon's pubescent hormones and mood swings, even caring for baby Leo. Even after moving out, she ensured the kids were ok. Even looking at her sometimes made Luca want to cry. Of course, she would never know that.

"Move. This is my vacation." she brushed past him entering the living room. She put her bags down and headed toward the kitchen. Luca followed behind her.

"What do you mean vacation?" he asked, leaning on a counter

"Awe, look at you! You're getting so big," she pointed out, pulling Luca in for another hug. She spoke as Luca did. Their words often lacked emotion, even though they usually meant what they said. They also shared a resting bitch face making them look intimidating.

Aless herself wasn't small. She was 5'9, almost Luca's height. She had the dark, wavy hair that ran in the family but instead of dark blue eyes like Luca, Leo, and their father, she had light caramel ones like Leon and their mother.

"How long are you staying."

"Two weeks," she said, motioning to the suitcase. That caught Luca off guard. After moving out the most, she has mostly seen them on the weekend, thanks to her busy schedule.

"Really," he asked

"Yep." after college, Aless has been working for about a year to get her psychology license and finally took a break.

"Leo and Leon will be happy to see you."

"You're not?" she asked, raising an eyebrow

"You know that I'm happy to see you."

"Awe, Luciano!" she hugged him again

"Don't call me that," he gritted, holding back a smile.

"I am," he assured

"I know."

- - -

Happy was an understatement, baby Leo freaked out while Leon tried his best to look nonchalant. Their uncle wasn't too happy to see her but wasn't hostile either.

"Uncle."

"Alessandra." was the extent of their verbal interactions, but they were staring daggers at each other.

Luca made his way to the kitchen where his kid brother Leon was

"Did a girl sleepover?" he asked pretty straightforwardly, sitting on the counter.

"Huh- what?"

"I saw the clothes I dyed in the laundry," he stated, shoving the BLT in his mouth.

"I let a friend borrow it." He rolled his eyes, plating Leos's food

"A female friend?" he raised an eyebrow behind Luca's back

"Leon."

"Ouuuu... actually, ew."

"Quiet," he instructed, making Leon laugh

"Whatever you say," he responded, hoping off the counter.

"So, Lucie, you gonna tell me about that girlfriend of yours?" Aless inquired, making Leon earn a glare from Luca.

"I told you; I don't have a girlfriend," he grumbled

"Fine, I'll meet her soon enough," Aless smirked

- - -

Luca filled Carter in during class. He hadn't seen Melody all day because she was doing some Thanksgiving whatever the hell for the school.

"Alessandra, Aless? he asked, stunned

"What other Aless do I know?" he deadpanned

"Dude, she's so-"

"Carter, call my sister hot and I swear-"

"Chill, I was gonna say she's so badass, especially all those times she almost knocked you out when we were kids." he laughed, making Luca roll his eyes.

"But.. you can tell her that I'm single."

"You know that she's gay, right?"

"And? I'm still single." Carter raised a brow leaving Luca speechless

"You're..."

"You love me, I know," Carter finished making them both laugh

"You sure you're single, though? What about you and Hazel?"

"I don't know. We're just friends."

"Huh? You and a girl just friends?"

"Yea, is that so hard to believe?" Carter asked as Luca nodded his head

"Ok, fine," Carter added, "but she's not into me, and I'm not trying to develop false hope."

"Character development?" Luca exclaimed

"You're one to talk. Since you started talking to Melody, you've become prince charming from the telenovelas."

"You know I'm supposed to get my act together this year."

"Sure, sure, if you say so."

"They kicked me out for a year, your ass."

"Not technically-" Carter argued, receiving a glare

During his sophomore year, Luca's behavioral problems were at their peak. He was a good student but a terrible peer. His grades started to lower while the number of physical altercations rose. On the brink of expulsion and after lots of vouching, Aless convinced the principal to let Luca return after one year of homeschooling.

---

He walked to lunch alone since Carter since he needed extra help from a teacher. Finally, he reached their regular table; Hazel was already there.

"Hey, Hazel."

"Luca."

"Did you finish that history project?"

"Yea, you?"

"Almost. How do you do it? It's so boring."

"Eh, it's easy, though."

"Fair enough."

"Is Shortcake coming?"

"Yea, she'll be late, though. Thanks for taking care of her on Saturday, by the way." Hazel commended

"No problem; sorry for not being a better friend in the first place." Luca replied, the word 'friend' lingering in his mid

"Eh, she's not your responsibility anyways. Jack and I dragged her there. But if you have to apologize, tell Melody. Especially after that asshole Jake or Jace or whatever."

"Wait, what?" Luca asked dumbfounded

"The guy that threw the party. You know..." she squinted at his confusion-filled face, "or maybe you don't know."

"Know what? What happened?"

"Look, this is a conversation between-"

"Is she ok?"

"Yea, no, she's good, you know maybe I should get her-"

"Hazel." Luca pleaded

"Ughh, fine. You gotta promise that you won't do anything violent."

"I promise." he falsely assured

"You don't mean that."

"Not at all," Luca confirmed

"Geez..." Hazel rolled her eyes but explained anyways. By the time she was done, Luca was angry but also confused. Why didn't Mel tell the truth? Is he that overbearing? Did she think something was going on between him and Valerie? How many punches would it take to break Jake's face? These were all questions that roamed in Luca's mind.

"Do you know why she didn't tell me?" he asked Hazel.

"She probably didn't want you to feel responsible for her. Not to mention that she also knew that you would do something violent like you're about to now," she noted

"Well, you were both right," Luca confirmed, getting up and heading straight for Jake's table.

"Jeez," Hazel muttered under her breath

Luca saw Melody walking up to him in the corner of his eye.

"Hey, Luca-"

"We need to talk." he interrupted, taking her arm and leading her into the hallway.

A/N: Wooooooo I finally finished changing the POV of the old chapters. I'm so excited for what's to come!

If you enjoyed please like, share, and comment!

(Edited) 1189 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 264 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
70.1K 2K 46
(Silently Drowning Series - Book Two) Maybe that's it. We eventually go numb; because you can't break a heart that's already broken. Maxwell Augustu...
296K 7.6K 66
"The Only Difference Between The Good Guys And Bad Guys Is Perspective." . . Scarlett Eve Pierce likes to think she's an average student that only ha...