MATES | ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ.

By l4vlix

๊’ฐ stray kids ๊’ฑ - ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜น ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๏ฟฝ... More

0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
29.
30.
31.
32.

28.

2.7K 99 233
By l4vlix

this took—a while. :)
boring n bleh. not proofread.

"let me get this straight," pursing his lips chenle blinked slowly, face mirroring that of confusion "jaehyun texted you...asking to talk..after he distanced himself from you?"

"yeah." dusting his coat off felix stepped a little closer to the shelf, intrigued eyes reading the spine of a book that looked rather cute. hm..

"and what did you say?" crossing his arms over his chest chenle stared at his friend closely, like he didn't trust felix to respond to jaehyuns request in a smart way(he didn't).

"..."

"well?"

grabbing the book carefully felix shrugged his shoulders, face as nonchalant as he could make it "i didn't respond."

staring at felix for what the freckle faced boy deemed as too long chenle broke out into a screechy laugh.

"hey shh," quickly swatting his friend felix frowned "it's not funny and we're at a library dumbass."

"i-i'm sorry but—" unable to contain his laughter chenle bent down in a strange almost squatting position, a hand gripping the shelving for support. felix peering down at him with an unimpressed look "i'm not doing this with you today."

"hey don't," trying to collect himself chenle inhaled before attempting to speak again, a giggle bubbling in the back of his throat at the look on his friends face "i-i just mean—you're cute. i would've thought you'd reply to him—being so kind and all."

"i didn't know what to say." felix grumbled holding the book closer to his chest. jaehyun texting him out of the blue was nothing short of surprising and admittedly he panicked.

"fair i guess. i would've told him to eat my ass and not in the fun way." chenle uttered finally standing straight once he gathered his composure, his face carrying a bit of pinkness to it.

"yeah well you're also mean."

"i am not. here i'll text him for you." chenle uttered holding his hand out towards felix, fingers wiggling with expectation.

"nope. i know how this goes." felix mumbled denying his friends request immediately. he had some experience with chenle 'helping' him respond to texts he was stumped over—and having his friend telling people to choke and die on their own spit wasn't good for either him or them. he's like an untrained kitten—smelly and mean.

"what? i won't say anything bad! i'm mature." chenle promised with a smile. felix squinting before shaking his head "nope. and i don't want to talk about jaehyun right now. we're supposed to be hanging out." felix pointed out blankly.

huffing chenle dropped his hand, a look of defeat on his face now "whatever i guess."

"great! what'd you do yesterday?" switching the topic smoothly felix beamed, genuineness smothering his question. he hadn't spoken to his friend all day yesterday (namely because he figured the boy needed space due to his hangover) and had definitely missed him(only a little though).

tapping his chin the chinese male started naming off random things as he remembered them, "sleep..yell at haechan for singing loudly..eat ramen with jeno and sleep some more.."

laughing a little felix chose not to comment on the cute blush that overtook chenles face at the mention of jeno "nice."

"mhm. what did you do?" chenle asked following felix over to a small table near the library exit, the australian male pulling a plastic chair out and placing the book he had flat on the tabletop. why chenle had decided a library would be a perfect place to catch up felix wasn't all to sure.

"nothing much."

copying felix chenle pulled the cracked chair that was across from felix and sat "you sure about that?"

"yeah," sending chenle a strange look felix opened the novel so he could read a little bit of it "pretty sure."

"interesting. i heard different actually." chenle muttered, felix lifting the book just enough to slightly cover his face.

"did you?" flipping the first page over felix hummed thoughtfully.

"yup. jeno was telling me jeongin said-"

"that we kissed?"

pausing chenle tilted his head "what-"

"it was a small kiss so before you start teasing—you weren't talking about that were you..?" realizing that his friend definitely wasn't talking about his and jeongins shared kiss felix cursed. chenles lips slowly stretching into a smirk "you and jeongin kissed again?"

"no—i didn't say that. i'm not sure—that's not what was said." denying his friend in hopes chenle would think he somehow misunderstood felix smiled awkwardly.

"you whore! was it good? did you use tongue? did you have sex?" snickering the boy wiggled his brows suggestively, felix flushing at the mere thought.

"zhong chenle!"

"hey sh, we're in a library." chenle said mocking felix with a shit eating grin.

"i'm not saying anything." felix mumbled trying to ignore his friend.

"no no, i won't tease you for now," placing his chin on his palm chenles smug grin turned pretend innocent "but i am curious to know something."

"what?" figuring his friend was just going to continue his teasing felix huffed, his brain prepared for something silly to come out of the latters mouth.

"have you finally realized it?"

"realized what? that you're annoying? because if so then yeah—im a few years past the point." felix said with a straight face. chenle sending him a blank look "y'know what i'm talking about."

"i don't actually."

"aish, i mean have you finally come to terms that you're madly in love with your roommates?" chenle asked with no traces of teasing whatsoever.

snorting felix rolled his eyes "you're funny."

"i know that. this wasn't a joke though."

"m'not in love with anyone chenle." placing the book down felix sent his friend a be serious look, his phone vibrating at the exact same moment and saving him from furthering his conversation with the boy.

"hold on." holding a hand up before chenle could even open his mouth again felix skillfully slid his phone out of his pocket and answered the call without checking.

gritting his teeth in annoyance ( being shushed wasn't his thing) chenle leaned back and watched felix.

"hello?"

"hi! it's um—jisung," giggling slightly in an attempt to not sound weird the bubbly boy cleared his throat after a moment "i was calling you to see if you wanted to go somewhere with me?"

"today?"

"yeah—like in twenty minutes today." jisung mumbled scrunching his nose, his foot nudging changbins thigh some. said male ignoring him completely and continuing to watch the movie minho put on.

"um," glancing at chenle felix squinted "sure. i'd love to actually."

trying not to act surprised the boy sat up quickly, minho sighing in relief as his heavy head weight was moved.

"really?"

"mhm."

"ok um—i need to get dressed and then minho will drive me to meet you." jisung uttered. minho snorting and smacking his arm "i'm not taking you anywhere."

"..changbin will-"

"no."

stifling his laughter felix bit his lip before releasing it "chenle and i will come and get you. he can drive us." felix said offering his friend up with nonchalance.

"ok! i'll see you then..love you!"

choking on his saliva felix froze, ears turning red slowly as he dropped his arm.

"not you volunteering me—why're you pink?"

"...we've got to—go." standing to his feet felix snatched his book up, his flustered expression making chenle all the more curious.

"oh my god you're so dense!" chenle exclaimed as felix went to place the book back. a read for another time.

"shut up!"

"you like them~" quick to follow after the freckle faced boy chenle started singing, felix trying to ignore him as he returned the book to it's place and headed toward the exit.

"felix and his roommates sitting in a tree," pausing the chinese boy grabbed felixs arm "f u c k i n g!"

"chenle!" elbowing the boy felix hurriedly placed his hand over chenles loud mouth, face flushing even more as he and the library assistant made eye contact.

"i-i'm sorry." bowing quickly and dragging chenle down with him slightly, hand still firm over his friends loud mouth.

"..."

pulling chenle closer felix grit his teeth "when we get out you're dead."

gasping (or at least trying) chenle started talking although it did him no good because felix had no plans in letting go.

"mmm!mmmm!"

rolling his eyes felix pulled his friend right out the double doors "shut up."

-♥-

"—your heads in my way." squinting seungmin leaned back so he could see the paper he was scribbling on.

"shit my bad." apologizing quickly jeongin pulled away some, his eyes flitting from seungmins interesting drawing before he looked back at his friend.

"i think i'm finished with my side." adding a small squiggle to his drawing seungmin smiled in appeasement before sliding it to the boy who was taking a seat again "here."

"m'its kinda," pausing as he thought jeongin leaned back in his chair, mouth lifting into a playful grin "ugly."

"ugly? that's—mean no?"

realizing his mistake jeongin sat up straight "no i—it's cute. i was teasing."

seungmin wasn't like jisung—he wasn't easy to tease or get along with, and jeongin hadn't thought about that before he spoke.

blinking almost animatedly seungmin hummed "you're like that with jisung...but in a more playful way."

rubbing his lips together jeongin nodded stiffly "y-yeah. we joke around.."

"i think your phone lockscreen is ugly." seungmin mumbled, face blank and words just as void. he didn't think he could joke like jeongin and jisung could—or like how minho could. being purposely mean was sorta difficult for him.

"i think yours is ugly." jeongin replied almost naturally. seungmin staring at him for a long second before a small smile took over his lips "that's cute."

"wha—what?"

"i said that's cute. did you not understand me?" making a face the boys brows knit together tightly, jeongin rather flabbergasted and unable to respond right away.

"i did just—since when did you get so confident?" jeongin asked.

"just now actually." seungmin mumbled shrugging his shoulders, pointer finger pushing his glasses back up his nose.

narrowing his eyes jeongin made a small sound in the back of his throat "you're cute seung."

"yeah?"

"do you want to get food? i'll pay." jeongin asked sweetly. and now it was seungmins turn to be surprised, his expression that of innocent confusion.

"what kind of food?"

shrugging jeongin crossed his legs "whatever you want."

"deal. but we're not kissing afterwards." seungmin stated firmly.

"no? i'd make it worth your while." jeongin teased lightheartedly, his fingers tapping his lips.

giggling seungmin began collecting his things "did you say the same thing to lix last night?"

"maybe. you jealous?"

shoving his items into the bag he stole from minho seungmin shrugged nonchalantly "maybe."

"are we bonding right now?"

"are you going to hurry so we can eat?" feeling at ease with jeongin seungmin snorted. having someone closer to his age was always nice. plus he had thought about what changbin said some and he did figure he was still rather seclusive compared to everyone else.

"yeah-"

"then yeah—we're bonding. now let's hurry before changbin asks where we went. i don't want to share with him again."

-♥-

"—suh..jeon..nakamoto..where's bang and where's," flipping the thin roster paper the man lifted a brow "hwang?"

staying silent the boys exchanged looks, none of them particularly sure about their whereabouts.

"suh you're friends with them. any ideas?"

"i'm not all too sure coach." rubbing the back of his neck the tall male sent his coach a sorry look in hopes he'd appease the man's agitation.

"the most important game and i'm missing two of my star players—"

"i'm right here coach." dusting his jersey off hyunjin shuffled towards the group of players, eyes immediately gravitating to him.

sending the boy a very unimpressed look the man lifted his sunglasses "where's chris?"

shrugging hyunjin crossed his arms over his chest, neck sporting a pink glow "not sure."

"...this is ridiculous." dragging his hand down his face the man scoffed, his angry eyes scanning the field till they landed on chan. said boy making his way towards them slowly, an almost drowsy type of smile on his plush lips.

"bang where the hell have you been?" choosing to immediately question the captain because he had higher expectations for him the man raised a bushy brow.

"sorry coach," mumbling a few excuse me's chan smiled apologetically "slept in."

grunting in response to chans smooth lie the man tucked the shiny clipboard under his arm "start some warmups. i need a coffee."

watching the old man stalk off johnnys gaze slid to his friend, chans overall appearance looking a bit off to him.

"you think he got laid?" slinging his arm around johnny yuta snickered.

"chris? no he walked hyunjin back to the...hotel." trailing off johnny cleared his throat loudly, yuta's amused gaze flitting to hyunjin who was stretching his arms above his head with a bored look.

"you think? nah no way..i mean it's chris and hyunjin..." denying what they were both thinking the japanese male flicked his hand back in dismissal.

"look at him." motioning subtly toward hyunjin johnny crossed his arms over his chest, as far as he remembered hyunjin hadn't left the bar with hickies on his neck.

assessing the tall boy closely yutas eyes widened as they landed marks as well "no fucking way."

"why're you two standing around?" fixing his wrinkled shirt as best as he could chan looked at both yuta and johnny questioningly. his sudden appearance startling the two who were analyzing the smallest details of hyunjin.

"we—you handle this." slipping away immediately yuta left johnny to fend for himself, the american not even surprised.

"handle what?" ruffling his hair chan hummed. he was curious to know what they had been talking about so avidly that they missed a few of their teammates calling out for them.

"nothing." fighting the urge to say something else johnny rolled his shoulders back, lips pursing slightly. no wonder this bitch couldn't answer his phone last night.

"i'm assuming hyunjin got back safely." johnny muttered with a half smile—the action itself innocent enough.

"i guess so."  not playing into whatever johnny was attempting to do chan shrugged with nonchalance.

"i thought sex was off that table." johnny uttered choosing to simply get to the point, chans lips quirking in the corners ever so.

"nobody had sex."

"no? you're telling me stiff face hyunjin just casually comes to practice with hickies on his neck after you 'walk him back' ?"

"i did walk him back." chan murmured acting a bit confused at johnny's insinuation.

"jesus fuck chris—" hitting the male johnny snorted in slight disbelief. he was having a difficult time wrapping his head around the whole ordeal but then again—he was one that believed they all liked each other some type of way.

"what?"

"you're supposed to be the mature one." johnny uttered with a disappointed noise—almost like he and yuta hadn't encouraged hyunjin days before to continue having sex with his roommates. but that wasn't the point. hyunjin and chan were supposed to be at each other throats—not in.

going to tell johnny that he indeed was mature chan stopped as a hand was laid on his shoulder.

"could you give me a second with our captain here please johnny." flashing the american a light smile hyunjin looked at chan, fingers digging deeply into the latters shoulder blade.

looking between them for a second johnny nodded quickly "yeah."

watching the american walk away chan sighed "what's up sweetheart?"

"i should fucking kill you." hyunjin snapped icily, eyes full of frustration yet his cheeks were tinted cherry red.

"me? for what?" turning around chans brows rose in a questioning way.

"for what—you can't be serious right now." finding himself baffled by chans reply hyunjin inhaled sharply.

"i'm not sure what i've done wrong darling." chan uttered quietly. the faux confusion in his tone pissing hyunjin off even more.

"i specifically," looking around momentarily hyunjin lowered his voice before continuing "told you no fucking marks—so what the hell is this?" motioning to his collarbone hyunjin stared at chan intently. not only had chan left many marks but he placed them in the most blatant places that the boy couldn't hide.

"well, it looks like a hickey to me." chan murmured, chilly fingers brushing over the mentioned spot with featherlight touch.

"oh does it really?" giving the older male a look of sarcasm hyunjin scoffed before smacking chans his hand away. hickeys were something he wasn't fond of especially if he was on the receiving end.

"i think it's cute. the color suits you love." chan teased lightheartedly, hyunjin's eye twitching.

"..."

"i think you got your payback though." the australian mused. his statement causing hyunjin's brows to kink together "what?"

grabbing the hem of his shirt chan lifted it a little, hyunjin not wanting to look and be weird but also wanting to know what the hell chan was talking about. choosing to man up and just take a quick glance hyunjin gaze flickering to chans abdomen.

"i didn't do that." hyunjin uttered matter of factly.

"no?" chuckling chan dropped the fabric "must've gotten you and ji mixed up then. you do both beg so sweetly."

flushing hyunjins lips parted. chan squinting a little "if you'll excuse me, i've got to get going now. i am the captain."

"...."

"make sure you take it easy on yourself. i couldn't help but notice you're a little wobbly." chan whispered in a faux caring tone, hand balling up into a little fist before he gently nudged the males shoulder. and if hyunjin didn't know any better he'd say chan was finding the ordeal more amusing than anything

staring at the brunette who left him rather speechless hyunjin snapped his mouth shut. this asshole..

watching as the brunette approached johnny who looked strangely offended hyunjin grit his teeth.

"unbelievable."

-♥-

"here try," dividing two pieces of the cherry pie he had messily cut jisung carefully gathered the sweet dessert on his fork before extending it toward felix "it's good."

placing his spoon inside the bowl of half melted ice cream felix grabbed his napkin before wiping his mouth clean. jisung had brought him to a cozy little place that served an abundance of dishes that served to multiple different taste palates.

the boy had been overly excited to see felix and had a whole list of things he wanted to do but chose to stop and eat first before they really started.

"what is it again?"

"cherry. it's sorta on the tart side." jisung muttered waving the fork some as if to signal felix to grab it. taking jisungs fork carefully so he didn't spill anything felix crossed his legs.

jisung clasping his hands together as felix ate the spoonful of pie, his eyebrows creasing as the latter made a cute face. a small laugh leaving jisungs mouth as felix handed him his fork back, nose scrunched some as he swallowed the pie down.

"don't like it?"

"it's," running his tongue over the inside of his cheek felix sent the boy a halfhearted smile "not particularly bad."

"m' cherry pie is one of my favorites. after cheesecake of course.." jisung said, his attention drifting to felixs mouth. the bright red filling smeared faintly on the latters lips making him shift in his seat.

"lix..you got a little.." touching his own lips jisung smiled softly. felix cocking his head to the side "hm?"

"you've got some filling on your lips." jisung explained tapping his fingers against his legs to distract his wandering mind. behave yourself han.

"oh," picking his napkin up felix was quick to lightly pat at his lips "did i get it?"

finding that most of the filling was indeed gone jisungs eyes couldn't help but linger on the faint staining of felixs lips. he wondered what it would be like to kiss felix, like hyunjin and jeongin had got to. the thought lingering in the back of jisungs mind every time he saw felix. he wanted to kiss him—wanted to know what he tasted like.

"actually," standing up jisung placed a hand flat on the table, his other hand reaching toward felixs face "you still.."

it was a lie. it was probably one of the dumbest lies jisung had told to someone right to their face but he couldn't help himself. not when felix looked so innocent and clueless, like he was begging jisung for help with his pretty eyes.

finding himself frozen as jisungs thumb brushed over his bottom lip first felix stared at the chubby faced male intently, his mouth going dry as he exhaled shakily. jisung pausing momentarily "...."

mustering up the courage to say something felix smiled some "y-you okay?"

"i'm fine." jisung replied lightly as he pulled back, his lips drawing into a dry grin as he wiped his thumb off on his own napkin.

"you sure?"

"yeah i just," thinking really hard jisung smiled before responding "really wanted to kiss you."

the confession was simple—and it was nothing short of the truth. but jisung knew felix wasn't like that—and he wasn't one to force anyone into anything. especially someone he liked.

"k-kiss me?" swallowing his surprise down felix bit his inner cheek hard. truthfully his mind was so full of shit he swore he hadn't heard jisung correctly.

"yeah," chuckling jisung picked at the edge of the frilly cloth "i've thought about it often."

you're passing the line again ji..

keeping silent felix released his cheek, tongue soothing the sore flesh quickly. he had stayed up all night trying to figure out the uncomfortable feeling in his chest—even going so far as to google search. not because he was just plain dumb. but because he was overwhelmed—he had a crush on his roommate—on at least a few of them. at least that's what google told him it was.

a crush.

"c'mon lix—you're mature enough to have a little fun." chenle murmured reaching over and patting his friends knee. felix had finally—let chenle know what had been gnawing at his mind and just like any friend chenle gave him his take on it.

"i can't just be like oh yeah let's make out to everyone." felix replied sinking down in his chair. as much as he didn't want to listen to chenle spill what he deemed as nonsense his friend was giving him pretty—ok advice. advice he was internally scared to even try. i'm not confident enough for this shit.

"yes you can actually. i know you—you're not all that innocent."

"you can—kiss me. if you want to." felix said quietly. his voice so quaint and soft jisung almost missed what he said, even in the quiet restaurant.

"hm?" blinking rapidly jisung sat up more.

"i said you can kiss me." felix repeated firmly. you live once yongbok.

"really?"

"mhm..if you really want to."

"do you want me to?" jisung asked adjusting his beanie in a slight attempt to distract himself, but he also needed to know that felix was one hundred percent certain. his sudden suggestion was out of character and jisung wasn't going to even think about putting his mouth on felixs if the boy didn't actually want it.

"yeah. i do."

"positive?"

"hundred percent."

felix was certain the restaurant had went silent—or at least it felt as though it had. his focus solely on the boy in front of him, the conflicted look on jisungs face was almost worth cooing at. eyes all wide and cherry stained lips parted ever so, fingers turning almost white as he squeezed his hands into fists.

"...."

"you look adorable all nervous and stuff." felix muttered trying his best to play his own nervousness off. jisung almost dying right then and there—he wasn't sure if felix knew how much he liked him. the simple thought of being actually able to kiss felix was a bit too much.

"are you flirting with me," scrunching his nose jisung stood to his feet "because that's what it feels like mr. lee."

pulling at his lip felix shrugged "i could be."

placing his palms flat on the table jisung forced a smile, soft eyes unable to look anywhere but at felix.

"how do you like being kissed lix.?" jisungs question was so pure felix swore his head would pop.

"however you want to kiss me ji." felix muttered, his hands smoothing themselves over his legs. jisung was a bit closer now, body leaned over the table and face awfully close to felixs own. both boys so jittery that it was comical—jisungs knowledge of kissing suddenly dispersing into thin air.

"—felix?"

pausing jisungs fingers dug into the table, felix turning his head towards the voice.

"hiah.?"

smiling a little the girl glanced between both jisung and felix, her eyes widening significantly as she realized exactly what she had walked into "oh—i'm sorry.!"

unable to say anything felix glanced at jisung, the male looking a cross between confused and a tad bit upset.

"is this your boyfriend lixie?"

quirking a brow jisung sat back down, eyes glued to felix. lixie?

"u-uh no." shaking his hands felix sat straight "he's not—we're just-"

"friends. i'm his friend. it's nice to meet you." jisung mumbled politely, his attention leaving felix just long enough to look at the girl.

"oh friend." flashing felix a cryptic smile that had him flushing even more the girl nodded "well it was nice seeing you felix. call me so we can catch up alright? i missed you."

shooting felix a little playful glare she smiled once more before excusing herself and hurrying back to her own friends. felix and jisung sitting in silence for a few seconds before jisung spoke again.

"ex?"

"hiah? oh no! she's—she's a friend. chenle and i spent all of high school with her." felix explained trying to clear the air. hiah was a friend of his who he hadn't seen since she moved and truly didn't expect to see ever again. she knew him about as well chenle (the two always made it a competition) did.

"i didn't get to kiss you." jisung uttered in a sulky way. felix biting his lip to keep from giggling.

"you've got all day with me." felix teased grabbing his now melted ice cream, the chocolate treat a gloppy mess of sugar and chocolate chips. where his newfound confidence came from he wasn't too sure.

nodding with what anyone would call starstruck look on his face jisung grabbed his phone "y-yeah."

and maybe right then and there jisung fell a little harder for the freckle faced boy.

-♥-

8:02 pm

felix: sure. meet me at the campus cafe?

-♥-

picking at his fingers felix slid his feet back and forth across the smooth floor, his eyes sweeping over the half cafe. not a single sign of jaehyun.

sighing felix pursed his lips ever so, it had taken a lot of debating before he even responded to jaehyun. the inner turmoil of whether he should or shouldn't gnawing away at him heavily. and in the end he decided it would be best to see what jaehyun had to tell him.  if he even shows..

dropping his hands felix shook his head and stood up. he wasn't going to sit and wait on jaehyun for long. especially when it was already so late.

"—you're not leaving are you?"

stopping midway felix lifted a brow, jaehyun stepping a little closer, the male seemingly appearing out of thin air "i've been waiting for almost ten minutes jaehyun."

"i'm sorry. i got caught up with something." jaehyun murmured with a small sigh. felix choosing to shrug "it's fine. we can talk another day."

"no," stopping felix before he could take another step jaehyun smiled halfheartedly "i'd really like to—talk now. please."

saying nothing in response felix crossed his arms over his chest, his lack of response giving jaehyun the smallest impression that he could continue.

"firstly, i think i should apologize to you. for being so abrupt the other day with—everything. i've thought really hard about it and i didn't exactly go about it the right way." chuckling slightly the latter rubbed the back of his neck. he had been beating himself up for how he went about the situation—hell johnny had been on his ass since he found out.

"secondly, i still stand by what i said. i need the space away from you. and yeah i know—it sounds so shitty right? but for my own reason, i need to distance myself. i think that's what's best." jaehyun said with a calculated slowness. the words themselves felt like thick sludge leaving his mouth.

frowning felix narrowed his eyes, the action a very bad attempt to stop the stinging in his eyes "is that all?" 

"i'm sorry felix..really i am. i want you to be happy and—i can only do what a friend can."

"i thought we were friends jaehyun—you were one of my best friends. at least i thought of you like one."

running his tongue over his teeth jaehyun smiled sourly "friends felix. that's all we are—no matter how much i wish it were different i'm your friend and that's all i'm ever going to be."

"jae-"

"i'm not upset at you sweetheart. i don't want you to think i'm doing this to purposely hurt you because i would never do that," jaehyun murmured quietly, his hand touching felixs head "i like you felix and i think this is what's best for me and for you."

chewing the inside of his cheek felix avoided jaehyuns warm eyes, the latter becoming a blob of color as tears clouded his vision.

"hey don't cry..." chuckling(a sound that was far from humor filled) jaehyun was quick to cup felixs warm face between his hands "i don't like when you cry."

"i-it's your fault." hitting jaehyuns chest felix sniffed.

"i know." smushing felixs face until the boys lips were puckered jaehyun couldn't help but smile. the sad—i'm going to miss you kind of smile.

"this is goodbye then..?"

"goodbye..hello..they're all the same." jaehyun uttered playfully. he knew where he stood in felixs life. he was on the outer shell—there for support and giggles but not for love. least not for a reciprocated type of love.

"i think i like them." felix whispered as he swallowed down the lump in his throat, his shaky hands moving to rest on top of jaehyuns.

simply humming jaehyun nodded his head, voice full of warmth "i know."

"i'm sorry."

"don't be." if anything i should be sorry.

"..." sniffling a few times felix wiped his eyes as jaehyuns hands fell from his face. goodbyes were hard.

"i'll see you around sweetheart."

"do you want your elephant back?" felix asked bringing up the stuffed animal that he had taken by accident.

"no you can keep it," shoving his hands into his jeans jaehyun flashed felix a big smile "i've got to one up them in at least one category."

trying his best not to laugh (the situation was a little too bitter for that) felix inhaled "i'll see you later jae."

"yeah—i'll see you around."

-♥-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534K 17.8K 60
#CHANLIX. | ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ข'๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ข๐˜บ?
54.8K 2.3K 12
"they don't come everyday. the thunderous ones have arrived."
10.6K 347 18
- SKZ Family but very different from the original concept. - Ships: โ€ข 2Min โ€ข Hyunsung โ€ข Chanlix โ€ข Changin
213K 8.2K 54
[๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜น] ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ