Fever dream

By Alvidachaaya95

Dream High school is the perfect for every rich heir in the country and it is owned by the richest family in... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11: ENCHANTED
chapter 12
chapter 13: Distraction
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16:Right where you left me
chapter 17: Counting our days
Chapter 18: This the last time
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22: Letters
chapter 23: Choclate or vanilla?
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26: It's not a fever dream anymore
Epilogue: Fever dream Snippets
End: About me, My readers, Vegaspete and this story, my further schedule
Vegas Pete one shots
New generation pairs
Thank you
a survey to invite Biu to India...
Pete in this story
it's Pete again

Chapter 19: Begin again

7.2K 319 307
By Alvidachaaya95

Chapter notes:

Thank you for your comments. Last chapter comments exceeded 250.

I know I said I'll upload on Tuesday, but I completed this chapter. So posting it now. I have this sudden urge to post now

For Venice reference,I looked for Thai childhood actor photos,but didnt come across suitable age child photos for this story. I opted for another country child photos. Hope you understand

Story starts:

A group of 10 people , aka the top tier chain in the company, are waiting in the conference room waiting for the CEO.

The secretaries, and the secretaries of secretaries each one of the top tier are roaming from inside to outside with the reports.

The room is not silent as the CEO is not there.

" God, it's the evaluation and progress today. "

" And there would be new decisions to decide future idol groups members and actors too"

" And the progress of all the major idols and actors under our company"

" He's gonna chew us all, if we make any mistake."

" Remember what happened to the secretary who leaked the upcoming Wik's song to another company. He is arrested in this office itself in front of everyone.The company was sued and in bankruptcy right now. Our boss is relentless in punishing."

" Really?" someone asked, looks like a new person in this office

"Yes, you are appointed in that place now . In between a secretary changed also,because she thought the CEO was focusing on Wik's staff too much. Our boss has a particular interest in Wik."

" What? I just joined 10 days back, I don't know anything. Do I get fired now? " The lady is sweating.

" Don't worry , today's there is no review on Wik's...because he is currently on vacation with his boyfriend. "

When the CEO's secretary entered, everybody became silent.

" All of you, please be ready with the reviews and upcoming project ideas. Boss is gonna address in" he checked his watch again " 15 min ."

All are arranging and checking again once...

" Why all became silent, is secretary Yim scary?"

" Well, boss is scary. Rumor is that the boss only listens to the opinions of secretary Yim only. They both did a project together in college or something. If the boss is close with anyone it's secretary Yim Only.

Adding fuel to the fire, secretary Yim is also a second heir to the top company. But instead of doing work at his own company as CEO or CFO ,he chose to work here as secretary. Rumor is If there's nothing between them , why would he come ....?" Before the sentence got finished the door got opened.

When the door opened all became silent and Vegas entered in a suit tailored to him with his secretary following beside him.

All bowed in front of them, even though many are older in age ,but it's the respect for the CEO position and Vegas himself.

Vegas just nodded....and all are seated

"Can we start the meeting now,?" When Vegas asked , Everyone nodded.

"Let's start with the solo idol 'clair' come back next month.Is everything going smoothly?" Vegas looked at them.

"There is a problem sir, there is some dating rumour of 'clair' with someone."

He looked at his team and turned towards his boss " We think it's good to postpone the comeback for another month"

Vegas sighed " Mr, Lee...we are not selling dating rumours here. We are selling music and she has a good fan base. That's the only thing that matters. If everything is ready, don't postpone it..."

Vegas is not scary , he is good at analysing things.

" Ok, khun vegas...we will go for the comeback next month"

" Next one, The new idol group members selection, is it ready?" Vegas asked another top tier.

"Yes, khun vegas...5 member girl group. 3 of them are excellent in dancing, 2 of them are main vocalist."

" Good, who is the song writer?" Vegas asked

" No one sir,"

" Do you know why fans like idols for a long time? I am not talking about one hit wonders.Cause they resonate their life with the songs of their favourite idols.

We can have good chart busting hit comebacks with hired writers, but they don't give consistency.

If we have one songwriter in the group, other members also try to write from their life. That's what fans like. Change the group setting. I am giving you 2 weeks time, i want a good trainee song writer in the group." Vegas said with finality in his voice.

Vegas looked at the corner seat "Next one is production of new dramas ...and progress till now?"

" Sir, this department is the 1st position in profits of all the departments,khun vegas"

Vegas eyes narrowed and his jaw line tightened

" I asked for progress not positions "

." Sorry khun vegas. We received almost triple the profit upto now. And already 2 dramas are in production , ready to released in 3 months khun vegas"

" Ok Good...Did you contact the director I said to hire?"

"We contacted Mr.Tong, and he's coming to Bangkok in 2 days to discuss the terms . He wants to meet you directly khun Vegas. He said he wants to discuss some things with you".

After sometime the meeting is over.

" Our boss is cool, I became a fan of his... i thought he was arrogant from your words...but he is not..." the new secretary said enthusiastically.

" He is not arrogant at all, he is patient. Did you know he started working immediately after high school?

Finished his degree and masters through special and private classes while working as full time CEO. He worked very hard for this.... I think that's why he knows and understands the problems..." one secretary said

" But all this interaction is only limited to work. Yes he gives us a bonus and talk good if we ask anything, but he is aloof...only his secretary is close to him" another one chimed in

" Are they in a relationship or something?" The new one asked

" Well, no one knows that"...

---------

Yim followed Vegas into his cabin. It's large and not overly decorated.

" Schedule?" Vegas only said a single word

" Khun vegas , you had a meeting with Mr. Saengkaew at lunch, Ms.Ngam at 3...

With Mr. A-wut at 5 and last meeting with Porsche, at 6:00 clock"

" Didn't Porsche get tired ? That I won't give Kimhan back to him?" Vegas smiled slightly seeing his friends' antics.

"Looks like he is not khun vegas"

"Then we let him try." Vegas just smirked.

" I'll inform you when it's meeting time. I will be available in my cabin,if you want anything sir" Yim said and turned around ,but stopped when he realised what he said.

Vegas jaw tightened hearing sir from Yim's mouth, his secretary understand that

" I am sorry khun vegas, it's just a slip. I won't repeat it again" Secretary Yim Said and went away.

Vegas got reminded once again with the love he had let go in the past.

Nobody calls him sir, in the company all addresses him as khun vegas.

He doesn't want anyone to address him as sir except his princess....

-------*---------

Someone is cooking breakfast wandering around the kitchen hurriedly and breathed in relief when he finished.

" I will arrange it in carriage , you can go and wake up your baby" when his Ma said he just smiled and went through the door.

He went to the bedroom and just sees a burrito made with a bedsheet on the bed. It looks a big rounded ball.

Pete gently removed the bedsheet from the face and kissed his forehead.

" Baby, get up , time for School" Pete tried to wake up his 7 year old son smoothly.

" No," a whine came from the sheets.

"Come on baby wake up" Pete tried again.

The kid woke up and hugged pete right and nuzzled his face into Pete's neck

" Good morning Mama"

" Good morning to you Venice"

His grandma who is watching everything at the door smiled and said

" You are 7 year old already, why should your mama is the one to wake you up everyday,Such a brat you are."

" My mama woke me up, then what's your problem old lady?" Venice said

" Venice ,don't talk to elders like that...." Pete said with a lightly harsh tone.

" But she...." Venice tried to convince but his mama is strict in this

" Ok. Mama, for you" Venice said with a sweet voice.

"Go and fresh up, breakfast is ready" Pete said kissing his forehead

-------*--------

Venice got ready and sat in the sofa , pete is arranging breakfast and Tong came into the living room unannounced.

" Some one came mama" Venice shouted.

" What do you mean someone came.? It's your uncle brat. It's your favourite uncle to be specific" Tong said annoyingly

(Thankun is the uncle Venice should have but I already introduced him as other character, so I gave him his original name Tong. )

" You are my only uncle" Venice commented sarcastically...

" Brat... where did you get this brat pete?" Tong shouted

" Definitely not where you came from uncle" Venice said with a high voice too.

Pete just smiled, this banter is common between Venice and Tong.

" Tell me, why did Venice called me someone , what did I do now" Tong asked Pete,because something definitely happened

" He watched an episode of your drama Yesterday"

" What's wrong with my amazing writing and direction skills?" Tong asked and sit beside Venice on the sofa.

" If the main leads just sit and talk to each other, everything will be solved quickly...It won't be extended unnecessarily "

'' this is the main for dramas, dramatic ness. " Tong explained with hand gestures and big facial expressions.

"If everything is solved easily. It gets bore" he continued again.

" Its unnecessary*

" Stop your banter both of you, come eat breakfast" Pete said and they both listened to him.

+--------

After dropping Venice in the school, Tong and Pete are going in the car.

" Pete, what did you think abou what i said " Tong asked

" I discussed with my ma, and Venice too... they are ready to move to Bangkok" Pete answered

" You?"

" Me too" Pete said after a moment of silence.

" I am going tomorrow to discuss the terms and conditions. If we get the contract , it will be best for both of our careers."

"Yes ,you as a director, me as production team head" and they both laughed

--------*-------

Tong discussed every thing with Vegas and he is satisfied.

' Everything is ok, but I have a condition" tong said

" Along with me, you should include my assistant director and production team head too"

" Yes to the assistant director,but Is it necessary for production team head?we have them here too...even with good education and experience." Vegas said directly.

" Maybe you have,they can work as an assistants to my team head. He is talented and easy to work with for me. And he can arrange any logistics for me with plan and urgently too. He can make it work for me in any condition" Tong said

" Is he that educated and experienced,? " Yim asked him this time

" He didn't continue his studies due to circumstances " Tong gave the truth.

" Then, is it right to put highly educated people under him as assistants? " Secretary Yim said directly again

" Well,That's your problem, not mine. The rapo i had with him won't come easily with anyone"

" Ok,Mr tong. I will agree " Vegas accepted easily and it surprised his secretary.

" I have a request, not condition tong" Vegas said this time.

" My brother wants to be an assistant director for you. If you like his work, he want to work under you for one project. Only if you like his work...."

Tong nodded.

" My secretary will prepare the contracts "

"and welcome to the team".

Vegas said and They both shook hands

--------*----------

Pete is in the kitchen cooking and Tong and Venice are in the sofa watching the drama directed by tong.

Venice is rolling his eyes for every 10 min,

" Come on , stop doing that." Tong hissed

" Well, it's like that only " Venice answered

" What's wrong with that, main leads finally reunited " Tong gave the explanation

" Well, everything is wrong from the title to end ."

"What's wrong with title destiny?"

"They reunited because the hero is rich, And he paid all the detectives to find where his lover was., Not because of destiny"

" The main leads always meet because its destiny that unites them"

" In this drama it's because of hero is rich" Venice sassed and turned towards the television

" Even if he is not rich they'll reunite" Tong argues again.

" Oh, yeah then tell me what dramas did you made the main leads poor to reunite by destiny? " Before Tong could say anything Venice added

", both of the leads?"

Tong is silent...the dramas he directed till are, one lead is rich .

" Well my next dramas, i am not explicitly showing that they are rich" Tong tried to compensate precvioys question with his answer.

" What would be hero background?"

"Mafia ,"

" That means he is rich " Venice narrowed his eyes.

Tong is frustrated," I will tell your mama that you are bullying me"

" Pete , why did you get this monster again as your son? " Tong sulked.

-------*--------

Secretary Yim is securing the documents, and it's been 2 months since Tong visited the company

They prepared contracts for 3 members and the members signed them yesterday

Tong, and an assistant director and the production team head

Yim is checking again and stopped his eyes at the production head name

" Pete "...

"Is this the same pete?" He wondered

"But that pete is rich as he studied with Vegas in Dream High , Director Tong said his colleagues didn't finish his studies...so they are two different members "

------*--------

Tong is at the Venice new school, seeing is it good location for the shoot to flim school scenes for the upcoming drama.

Pete called him on the phone , Tong asked him " where are you?"

" I am in a bakery. Buying something for Venice. Do you want choclate cup cakes ?" Pete asked

" This is why I love you pete, you will bring me food without asking." Tong said with a big smile and cut the phone

Pete seeing all the items in the bakery and stopped at a cherry pie, he wants to avoid it ,but he wants to taste too.

" 2 cherry pies, 1 apple pie and 6 chocolate cup cakes please"

------*-------

Vegas came from the 3 o'clock meeting in the car, it's now close to evening.

From the morning the thought of Pete lingers in his mind. Seeing food places always reminds him of Pete, even though he is working all the time to avoid thinking about pete, Pete always has a way to intrude his thoughts.

He is looking outside observing all the people , but suddenly he felt that he saw at the entrance of cafe.

"PETE?" he thought instantly

"Stop the car " he shouted.

When driver stoped the car , Vegas just ran to the cafe and started searching frantically.

He looked inside too...

" Vegas, what's wrong" yom followed him to the cafe when his boss searching everything like a mad man

" I ....I...saw...." Vegas tried to talk but no words coming out from his mouth.

pete is not here or anywhere

He is sure that he saw pete...

He looked at his secretary expression he calmed himself lightly but his heart is bursting inside.

"Where is Macau now? " Vegas asked instead

He is at "Frank walkers" school to check the location for the shoot.

"Take me there, this instant"....

-----*-------

Macau sat at the bench after Vegas' secretary called him and said Vegas wants to talk to him urgently.

Vegas dismissed Yim when he get down from the car and he went away

" What happened hia?" Macau asked his brother.

Macau hold the shivering hands of Vegas and Vegas looked into his eyes.

" I think i saw pete today "

" What where?" Macau is surprised and happy too.

"At some cafe, but just a glance he just disappeared again ."

"Are you sure, it's Pete" Macau asked for confirmation

"Yes , I am"

Macau made Vegas to sit on the bench ,

"How do you feel?happy ?" Macau asked with a smile on his face.

"More than that Macau. More than a word could describe" Vegas answered truthfully.

"What will you do now?"

"I need information about him right now, like where he is? How is he?

After that

I'll apologies to him for hurting him"

Vegas tone became low while saying the latter part

They are silent

" You know, Pete could have been in a relationship with some other right? in these years ?" Macau doesn't beat around the bush.

" I know Macau , I just want him to be happy. It'll be difficult for me to see someone beside pete...but I'll be just happy for him."

" What if he is single? "

Before Vegas can answer he felt someone is staring at him continuously.

There is a small boy, with a backpack looking at both of them, simultaneously

Looks like school is over , all kids are coming out side

He is looking at them from top to bottom again, again and again....

The kid sat on the bench with them , he has to work climbing up cause he is small and he didn't accept help from Macau, when Macau tried.

Even after he sit on the bench ,he continued glancing at them

Vegas is done with being stared.

" Why are you looking at us like that?" He asked the kid

The boy narrowed his eyebrows made a thinking face

" I think I saw you both somewhere."

" Where?" Macau asked

"That's the thing, I couldn't remember, " the kid said.

Vegas turned his head away from the kid and looked at his brother

" I remember now.." The kid said suddenly

" Where? " Vegas asked this time

" In the morning I watched the news. Two people who are dressed well, are waiting outside school to kidnap children. You are them right!?" The kid said with a sure voice

Vegas and Macau jaw dropped hearing this little kid.

" Do they look like kidnappers now?"

" My Mama said to look out for dangerous people ,told me to be careful...my mama is right, you two are dangerous people" the kid continued again.

Vegas is getting angry now.

" Your mama said to look out for best dressed people and accuse them as kidnappers? Is your mama ok? " Vegas couldn't filter his words

Macau tried to stop his brother from an argument with the kid.

" Don't say anything about my mama" the kid glared at Vegas.

Before Vegas could say anything

All three of them heard a voice. and Vegas feels like he hears the voice after a long time . It sounds like Pete calling him Vegas loudly.

-----*-----

Pete is at the school, Just 5 min late and is searching for his baby.

His baby sat on the bench

Pete can imagine how Venice would struggle to sit on the bench, his stubborn baby won't accept help from anyone, Pete smiled to himself thinking about that.

" Venice?" He called and his baby just jumped from the bench seeing him

" Mama" Venice said loudly, ran towards him, hugged him.

Pete ruffled his hair lovingly.

" Baby, I brought your favourite pie..." Pete showed him the cover he brought.

" Really?" Venice asked and Pete nodded.

" Mama, they are saying bad things about you..." Venice said and turned around to point at Vegas and Macau.

Vegas' eyes got wide hearing this kids words, but when Pete looked at him all of his worries went away.

----*------

It's Pete , smiling all to himself looking so beautiful calling him

But Pete didn't call him, Vegas saw the kid running and hug Pete calling him
" Mama"

When did Pete become a parent?

----------*--------

When Venice showed him the persons,Pete looked at Vegas. It's been 7 years since he saw him in person. There are some tears formed in Pete's eyes and Vegas eyes too.

Vegas and Pete are just staring at each other for a solid 2 min

Venice tugged Pete's shirt to bring him into this world.

"Do you know them Mama?".... Venice asked seeing his Mama's silence

Even before Venice finished his words, Macau came and hugged him tightly....

Macau said slowly " I missed you Pete, I am sorry for everything. Why did you go away like that? Without telling us? Telling me?"

Pete hugged him too.....they broke the hug

" How are you? " Pete asked looking at Macau properly this time

" You have grown" Pete said looking at Macau.

" 7 years is long time Pete" Pete became silent.

Vegas is still looking at Pete, longingly, like he doesn't believe Pete is standing in front of him. Vegas didn't approach him or anything

Tong came to both of them.

" Oh, you already met each other? " Tong looked at both

"Pete, he is Khun Vegas Theerapanyakul...our boss..."

Pete's eyes widened....if he is correct Vegas company didn't produce dramas at the time of his leaving...

" And khun Vegas, he is Pete...our production team head, "

Pete stood like a statue and tong whispers

" Bow to him, or wish him, he is our boss" Tong elbowed him

Pete blinked rapidly...

" Kamsahmida" he bowed and wished in Korean language and Tong face palmed himself mentally.

Pete closed his eyes realising his mistake in greeting.

" Uncle , mama already knows them..." his baby said

" You knew them already? " Tong asks Pete.

Before Macau could interrupt , Pete smiled awkwardly..." studied in the same school in final year in high school, Just acquaintances..." Pete smiled awkwardly again

Tong understood the situation,

" We'll take our leave Khun Vegas ," Tong took Venice and three of them walked towards the car.

Tong and Venice are talking to each other, Pete is walking behind them silently.

Tong shook him...to go to the other side to drive when they reached the car.

Pete just looked at him not knowing what to do...

"Give me the keys, I'll drive today..." Tong asked and take the car keys away.

Pete opened the back door car seat and before getting into the car he turned back and looked at Vegas , Vegas is still staring at him.....

Pete went away getting into the car...

-----*------

" You asked so many questions hia" Macau looked at him sarcastically after Pete's gone

" I wasn't able to talk when he was in front of me"... Vegas answered and sat on that bench again

" Pete is healthy, Pete is looking good, he saw Pete again after these years, he became more pretty " vegas is thinking internally

" Pete became a father?The kid is clearly calling him mama. Pete had a baby in these years, doesn't this mean he is in a relationship with someone....?" Macau expressed his doubts.

" Pete has a baby and the baby insulted him in the first interaction and tried to pitch against him to Pete. Its doesn't look like a good scenario at all"

End notes:

Next chapter will be on Saturday afternoon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.3K 2.8K 34
He's the head of the minor family, known for being ruthless and a psychopath,after his fathers death he became worse. Cold and angry at the world. Pe...
145K 5.1K 32
Part of my Minor Family Supremacy Series. This is Vegas's story. What if the Devil of Thailand was interested in Pete long before Porsche entered the...
15.2K 774 25
Porsche Kittisawasd hails from a wealthy mafia family, but as his family's power waned, they found themselves under attack from rival mafia clans. In...
88.8K 2.7K 20
Pete, chubby and energetic teenager who give positive vibes and happy to all the people around him Vegas the CEO of big company in Thailand who is co...