Hiraeth | R. Weasley

By pxrfectly_sxrene

Hiraeth || Welsh Deep longing for a place which can never be revisited. He stands. . .as he watches her red... More

Author's Note
🏆Achievements🏆
Chapter One || Everything In The Name of Love
Chapter Two || New Places and Hallucinations
Chapter Three || Melancholy
Chapter Four || A Hole in My Heart
Chapter Five || Hiraeth
Chapter Six || Disappointing Discoveries
Chapter Seven || Mother's Music
Chapter Eight || Longing Among Lies
Chapter Nine || Pure and Strong
Chapter Ten || The Sad Status
Chapter Eleven || The Confrontation
Chapter Twelve || Midnight Farewell
Chapter Thirteen || The Surprise That Came After
Chapter Fourteen || Pointless Outbursts
Chapter Fifteen || Stags and Weasels
Chapter Sixteen || Oreo
Chapter Seventeen || The Jolly Trip
Chapter Nineteen || Our Ethereal Love
Chapter Twenty || Beauty of Bonds
Chapter Twenty One || Astounding Revelations
Chapter Twenty Two || A Day of Fun
Chapter Twenty Three || Lovely Memories of the Past
Chapter Twenty Four || Down To A Photo Finish
Chapter Twenty Five || The Bet
Chapter Twenty Six || Only Hope
Chapter Twenty Seven || Sacrifices For Love
Chapter Twenty Eight || Fading Reality
Chapter Twenty Nine || Truth Brought Out
Epilogue || Far Off Blue Sky
Author's Final Note || Thank You

Chapter Eighteen || A Drop of Intrusion

31 3 13
By pxrfectly_sxrene

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

Chapter Eighteen: A Drop of Intrusion

"Sometimes it is just better to NOT poke your nose into someone else's life."

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Loud chatting along with the sound of forks and spoons on melamine filled the atmosphere and made it jovial.

Ron almost fainted seeing all the delicacies. There was a large variety of food ranging from pure vegetarian to non vegetarian. Desserts and snacks were on the other side which was crammed with stubborn kids and their moody mothers.

In this commotion, Ron missed Oreo get out of the car and run to Harry, Hermione and an elderly lady. Naturally, he was startled out of his wits and dropped his plate containing chicken wings.

"–aren't the best, are you?" the woman scoffed. Ron squinted his eyes and to his horror, identified her to be his great aunt Muriel.

"I'm sorry?" Harry all but replied politely. Hermione was looking awkward so Ron broke into a run.

Muriel scoffed. "What else can I expect from a boy like you? The-Boy-Who-Lived, The Chosen One and to top it all, The Savior of the Wizarding World! I still wonder how Molly consented your marriage to my niece. Good that she's gone. Better to be dead than watch her freak of an husband talk to another woman."

"Oi!" Ron shouted as he finally approached them. Harry was looking at his feet by now and Hermione seemed relieved that Ron finally came. "This isn't what you think, Aunt Muriel. Harry and Hermione are just –"

"You say rubbish young man! Love has blinded you, hasn't it? There is a reason why our ancestors believed muggleborns and purebloods can't mate!" Muriel shouted at his face. Ron's wrinkled his nose in disgust.

By this time, almost all the Weasleys had gathered and Ron was glad Hermione had set up the Muggle repelling charm around them.

"Aunt Mu–" Mrs Weasley started but was forced to shut her mouth in shock as the aging lady grabbed Hermione's left wrist in a moment of vigorous action.

Ron was ready to pounce on her but someone held him back. Hermione was wriggling her arm uncomfortably and Mrs Weasley started pleading. Oreo started barking rather savagely.

After a moment or two of tense silence, Muriel shouted at Hermione in a harsh voice. "Bearing another life of my nephew and talking to this fame-seeking freak?!"

Collective gasps were heard and Hermione's face fell. Ron turned pale but quickly broke out of his brother's grasp and tried to pull his wife away but that seemed impossible without hurting her.

"Didn't even tell the family, Ronald? What a shame!" Muriel spat. "What really makes you think it's your offspring –"

"Blimey, Aunt Muriel but our hearts –" he gestured to Hermione and himself. "beat as one in there. I don't care what you or the world thinks because I know my Hermione," Ron retorted and pulled Hermione into a hug.

Mrs Weasley came forward. "Aunt Muriel, wasn't it wrong of you to accuse my young children of such vile things?" she asked in disbelief. The elderly lady snorted in response. "You have done a mistake –"

Muriel held up an hand to stop her. "I know where I stand. Do not cross your limits, Molly. You crossed once by bringing a half-breed into the pure family." She glared at Fleur who returned it with a much fiercer eye. "Then you marry off your youngest son to a muggleborn. To top it all, you have the fame seeking madman as your only son-in-law."

"Muriel!" This time it was Arthur who shouted in frustration.

"Hush hush, Arthur. I am in no mood to start an argument. I'm rather surprised you and your family managed such an expensive trip. Until next time, which I bet is when it's Mr Potter's disappointing second wedding." With that she left the spot.

Ron nervously glanced at Harry. He had folded his fists tightly and Albus was crying in Teddy's arms. Thankfully, Oreo had made sure to keep James preoccupied.

"The one who ruined our mood says that!" George joked. A few Weasleys let out nervous chuckles but Arthur walked forward and grabbed Harry's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, son." Harry looked up at him, his lips quivering.

"If it's anyone's fault, it's mine," Percy piped in, looking sombre. "I shouldn't have won that lottery. . . I'm sorry, mate."

"It's not your fault, Percy. I think it's time to call it a day," Harry reassured before walking to Teddy and taking the wailing Albus from his arms. He gently rocked the baby as Mrs Weasley turned to Ron and Hermione causing the former to sweat.

"Uh – we were planning to – um. . . tell –" Ron stuttered but his pains were cut short when his mother pulled him and Hermione into a bone crushing Weasley hug.

"I don't care about what aunt Muriel said. I am really happy that you are making me an old lady again! Congratulations dears!" she said, joking warmly. This time, everyone laughed.

When Mrs Weasley released them, Ron looked at Harry who smiled.

"Well, I guess the tradition of me congratulating you guys first is long gone unless you give me another nephew or niece," he said, winking. Ron scratched his neck and Hermione mouthed 'Harry!'

Harry grinned and continued as if he hadn't been interrupted. "Congratulations. I know it will be another beautiful baby."

Ron grinned back but before the round of wishing could commence, he started. "You can take the car, mate. I'll Apparate back when it's time to leave and get the car."

"But–"

"No but's! I know it'll be hard to handle all three of them whilst walking back. Now c'mon, I'll give you the keys," Ron said then grabbed Teddy's shoulders and guided them to the Angelia.

Ginny was sitting in the backseat, looking serious. Oreo stealthily left the car but Ron caught the pup's blue eyes shining vengefully. As soon as they approached, Ginny shouted at Ron, causing him to wince.

"You didn't defend my Harry against Muriel?!"

Harry noticed Ron's grimace. "Are you fine, mate?"

"Yeah!" Ron answered Harry. Smoke literally erupted out of Ginny's ears.

"WHY?!" Ginny flared.

"Okay?" Harry answered, still looking puzzled.

"Merlin's beard!"

"What?" Harry asked.

"Answer me!" Ginny demanded.

"Oh, ruddy hell. Look Harry! Muriel is mental! I tried so hard to defend you but she just turned it on me!" Ron said, discreetly looking at his red sister. Harry looked really perplexed.

"Why would you tell that to me, Ron?" he asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"Because you asked for it!" Ron replied then mentally smacked himself. "I mean you did not – did not ask for it. Err, mate! Does it even matter? My poor lil godson looks so tired so drive home already!" He proffered the car keys to the confused raven boy.

"Right. Okay, then." Harry took the keys and opened the back seat. Ron saw Ginny tense and blush as he looked steadily at the backseat and ushered Teddy in. Teddy then took the now asleep Albus in his arms as Harry locked the backseat door. He walked around the car as Ron helped James in.

"Good night mate," Ron missed James's forehead. James chuckled before waving at him.

"Thanks, Ron, for everything," Harry said with a smile. Ron grinned before hitting Teddy an high five. The engine of the car roared to life and Ron observed his sister.

She was looking at him with big brown eyes; they held happiness in them.

"Thank you, Ron," she whispered. Ron smiled to the air as with one last goodbye, the Ford Angelia drove away, disappearing into the thick misty clouds.

He knew it all right: Ginny was with her family.

Aunt Muriel has a much greater part to play soon enough so I decided to introduce her.

Also, do you guys have any request for any sort of special moment to take place in this book? Let me know if you do!

Your thoughts on this chapter? Comment!

Thank you for reading!

Miyoko x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 4 20
Ginny Weasley is in her final year of Hogwarts with her boyfriend Harry Potter, Best friend Hermione Granger and Her brother Ron Weasley. Ginny is a...
16.4K 414 35
His past keeps up with him, no matter how hard he keeps the fight with his inner demons. He tries to forget but oblivion doesn't come to those who su...
34.1K 2K 45
hermione x femoc In the foreboding corridors of Malfoy Manor, where opulence disguises a suffocating darkness, lurks the elusive enigma, Merla Malfoy...
59.9K 1.2K 20
Alain Weasley is in Gryffindor just any of her other siblings but just like her twin sister Ginny, she also had a huge crush on harry but not just a...