Falling Too Far

By anifantasies

A girl with her heart on her sleeve and boy with a reputation of breaking them. A/N: I started writing with t... More

Chapter 1- Black Haired Boy
Chapter 2- This kid literally just got here.
Chapter 3- Why must everyone disrupt my reading?
Chapter 4- "Do not call me angel."
Chapter 5- The bakery just exploded.
Chapter 6- Crab biscuits.
Chapter 7- Okay, now he's stalking me.
Chapter 8- "Why are you staring at me?"
Chapter 9- "Do you dream about me, angel?"
Chapter 10- Picnics, and killer ham sandwiches.
Chapter 11- Out of all things, tampon brands.
Chapter 12- "I'm not whipped."
Chapter 13- "Looks like the good girl has a dirty mind."
Chapter 14- The girl that got away.
Chapter 15- Are you fucking crazy, Andrews?
Chapter 16- He expects me to run?
Chapter 17- I had about as much dignity as a bottle of nail varnish.
Chapter 18- Hospitals and flaming microwaves
Chapter 19- "Baby, you haven't even had me yet."
Chapter 21- "Ready to face the infinitely torturous wrath of mother's?"
Chapter 22- That is more adorable than the pug-licking-screen thing.
Chapter 23- Finally! A fanboy!
Chapter 24- I have friends worse than Godzilla.
Chapter 25- Are there even murderers at the top of mountains?
Chapter 26- "Because I don't see that 'Jace Herondale, thing going for you."
Chapter 27- "It's my freaking birthday! I have rights!"
Chapter 28- Quicker than Harry Potter on his Nimbus 2000.
Chapter 29- "Your sister kicks harder than a fucking kangaroo."
Chapter 30- "Or I might never forgive you and you'll rot in hell."
Chapter 31- I want to wring her neck then toss her into a pit of piranhas.
Chapter 32- He ships Voldemort and Bellatrix?
Chapter 33- "You have that insane, psychopathic beaver look in your eyes."
Chapter 34- Social interaction and I mix as much as Kronos and Percy.
Chapter 35- Great. He's asking me for fashion advice.
Chapter 36- Gorgeous friends of my first loves happen to turn me into Yoda.
Chapter 37- And here I was, awkwardly flapping my arms like a seal.
Chapter 38- You are meant to be acting like a merciless, savage, squirrel.
Chapter 39- I swear, she's a banshee.
Chapter 40- "I wish you were, Andrews. I really do."
Chapter 41- Monster nails and butt bruises.
Chapter 42- 'Single Pringle And Never Ready To Mingle' Noelle.
Chapter 43- If looks could kill, she'd be stabbed and tossed to the Grievers.
Chapter 44- Good, maybe she'll find a brain back there.
Chapter 45- "About seven camels. Maybe a few chickens."
Chapter 46- You're weak.
Chapter 47- "I definitely didn't imagine this."
Chapter 48- Oreos, my one true love.
Chapter 49- "WE HAVE A CODE 12-15-22-5!"
Chapter 50- Rebecca hates Ribena.
Chapter 51- "No one is going to stop me from having this damn good cheesecake."
Chapter 52- Angry Blonde Devil

Chapter 20- "Shut it, Voldemort. You're not so good looking either."

214K 7.2K 9.5K
By anifantasies

Dedication: @jennamark

Idiot.

Idiot, Noelle.

Sure, a guy you have liked for two and a half months will definitely change his player ways and suddenly like you. Sure.

I groaned and hit my head on the fridge, my heart still aching. I had just come down to the kitchen after the fiasco in Harper's room.

It's okay if he doesn't like me though. I can just live on my own with twenty-four cats. Oh, and Misha my dog.

That would save me some heartbreak.

Get it together, Noelle.

I stood up straight, stretching out my arms. Let's make some chicken soup for my crush who doesn't like me back.

What?

I hesitantly opened the fridge, glancing inside. I stared blankly at it.

So... I need chicken, right? Isn't that how you make chicken soup?

I rummaged through the fridge, slipping my hands around a plate of brownies. I grabbed what looked like the leg of a chicken and brought it out, before dropping it and letting out a high-pitched scream, frantically wiping my hand on my jeans.

It was raw.

I heard thudding footsteps down the staircase, before Harper swung through the door of the kitchen, god save me, still shirtless. I choked, remembering the almost-kiss from earlier, and how much it hurt when he said he didn't like me. And it wasn't helping that right now, he looked achingly hot.

"Are you okay, baby doll? You screamed."

He's acting like nothing happened. Did he really get over that so quickly?

"Um, yeah," I gasped out, fiddling with the edge of my jeans. "It's just," I feebly pointed to the raw chicken leg on the floor. "It was raw."

Harper stared at me for a shocked moment before erupting into laughter. My mouth fell open, surprised. I blushed.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You," he replied. "Oh my god, baby doll, you're hilarious."

He leaned down, picking up the chicken leg. I couldn't help but sneak a glance at the muscles rippling in his back as he did this, and blush when he caught me admiring his astonishing physique. He didn't say anything, just winked.

Oh my lord.

"Okay, Noelle, have you ever cooked with chicken before?" He asked, still smirking. I shook my head, feeling on edge being near him. He didn't seem to notice.

"I have never cooked anything before. Well, unless you count scrambled eggs. Which, technically, I burnt. But it wasn't even my fault! I swear it was the pan. Yes, there was something wrong with the pan. God, what is up with the pan industry nowadays? What happened to- "

"Hush, baby doll." Harper stopped my nervous rambling by placing his index finger over my lips. I tensed, feeling butterflies come to life in my stomach, my mouth burning where his skin touched mine. My heart instantly soared. The heat was too much for me to handle, so I stepped back. I immediately regretted it when I saw hurt flash in Harper's eyes, before disappearing completely.

"You can't be that bad of a cook." Harper replied, avoiding my eyes, suddenly very interested in the chicken leg. "Your mom is an amazing baker. I had the cupcakes that she sent over when I first moved in."

I rolled my eyes. "Believe me, she's the only one. Lana set fire to the microwave the other day."

He laughed, looking back up at me. "Come on, baby doll, I'll teach you."

I smiled slightly, before hesitantly stepping towards him. "So what do we need?"

Harper instantly started rattling off a long list of ingredients before I interrupted him. "If you know how to do it, why did you ask me too?"

He rolled his eyes. "I was feeling lazy."

I grinned, before walking to the fridge, starting to pull out the ingredients he had requested, passing them to him so he could wash them.

Tomatoes, beans, peas-

I see brownies.

I slowly looked at Harper, who was hard at work washing the vegetables I passed to him, biceps flexing.

I slowly turned back to the plate of brownies. Well, I was hungry. And Maggie did say I could help myself to whatever was in the fridge.

I slowly reached my hand out to grab a brownie before tentatively biting into it.

Damn, that's good.

I continued eating it, before greedily reaching out for another one, before I stopped, suddenly giggling. I felt a bubble of happiness burst inside me, despite my terrible day. I started giggling again, before it suddenly turned hysterical, and I had to lean against the fridge.

Harper turned to me, alarmed, before rushing to me.

His expression is funny.

I started laughing harder.

"Why the fuck are you laughing so much?" Harper questioned, green eyes wide. I didn't care about the worry in his voice, I just started laughing even harder, so that my stomach hurt, and tears started running down my face. Harper frantically looked behind me, before gaping at the sight of the brownies.

"You didn't have one of the brownies, did you?"

I giggled. "Maybe."

HARPER'S POV:

I widened my eyes at her giggling form. "Shit, Noelle, those were alcohol soaked brownies for a party this weekend," I ran my hand through my hair, worried.

"Baby doll, your tolerance is really low. Okay, from my experience with drunk teenage girls... " I closed my eyes, thinking. How do I handle her?

Max.

I slipped my phone out of my pocket, quickly texting Max to come over. I sighed, turning to Noelle.

"What am I going to do with you?" I mumbled. She giggled cutely, poking my cheek.

"You're cute when you're worried." she hummed, pinching my cheeks. I smirked ever-so-slightly.

"Okay, maybe I like drunk Noelle," I established. She had now decided it was a good idea to pull at my earlobes. "You have big ears," she giggled. "Like Bigfoot." She frowned. "Wait, no. Bigfoot has big feet."

Max decided now to walk into the room, and stopped abruptly. "What the fuck happened to her?" He asked, taking in the sight of Noelle pulling at my ears.

"She had one of the alcohol brownies," I sighed. "And how did you get here so quickly?"

"I was going to check on you, I was practically in your driveway when you texted. You didn't come to our meet up. Why do you even need me here?"

I rolled my eyes. "To control her of course!"

He raised an eyebrow. "It looks like you've got the situation at hand." He gestured to us.

"Take me to Bikini Bottom!" Noelle squealed, before crashing into the fridge, hitting her head quite hard. Alarmed, I grabbed hold of her, shooting a pointed look to Max. "Nooooo!" she cried. "Spongebob Squarepants awaits me!" She broke an arm free, pointing at a pineapple in the fridge.

You have got to be fucking with me.

"She's fucking hilarious!" Yelled Max, erupting into laughter, clapping his hands like a demented seal.

Noelle broke her other arm free, and again tried to stuff herself in the fridge. I grabbed her, tighter this time, trying hard to control my laughter. She turned to send me an adorable glare. "Let go of me, you sexy beast!" she shouted, before bringing her knee up and kicking me where the sun don't shine.

"Fuck!" I cried, falling to the floor as Noelle ran away to the fridge, thankfully not slamming into the door again. "You weren't kidding when you said you did karate."

"Dude, I love this girl," Max chuckled from the doorway. I glared at him. "You could help, man!"

"No thanks," he shook his head, smirking. "This is really entertaining."

I flipped him off before grumbling and standing back up, only to get hit in the face with a mango.

"How dare you?" Noelle gasped. "You stole Jace's mangoes! You dirty little boy," she tutted, shaking her head. I took the opportunity, sidling up next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Baby doll, I can be dirtier," I winked. She turned to face me, disgusted. "No! NO! Don't go rolling in the mud! You'll catch germs!" she squealed. I gaped at her. What the fuck?

"Dude, you just got rejected!" Max drawled. I turned away from him, grumbling.

"Okay, maybe I don't like drunk Noelle so much."

I looked up at her, only to see her holding a bag of mushrooms. She grinned psychotically. I felt something hit my chest.

"Power up, Mario!" She squealed, making fire noises and clapping her hands. Did she just-

She just threw mushrooms at you.

I sighed. "Okay, it's sleepy time," I picked Noelle up, heading for the staircase. I only got as far as the living room.

"There's a snake in my boot!" She wailed, pulling off her shoe, screaming, and throwing it on the ground.

She just quoted Toy Story.

"Kill it with your super blasters Buzz Lightyear!" She screamed, before tumbling out of my arms and landing in a kneeling position, her hands held out in front of her like a gun. I burst out laughing. Taking care of drunk Noelle was tiring. And entertaining, of course.

She narrowed her eyes, scanning the area, pouting when she didn't see any 'danger'. Finally her eyes landed on Max, who had followed us into the living room.

"Aaaah!" she screamed. "It's the hideous Joker!" she gasped, before making firing noises with her 'gun', pointing at Max. I smirked, amused, as Max gaped at her.

"Take that, you motherfucker," I yelled in victory to Max. "You're the Joker and I'm a sexy beast!"

"Shut it, Voldemort," Noelle grumbled at me. "You're not so good looking either. Now to save," she thrust her arm up. "The Land of Oz!"

I gaped at her.

Oh, fuck it.

Max burst into peals of laughter.

Okay, that is it.

I pulled her back into my arms, ignoring her unnerving presence that almost

makes me nervous.

Almost.

I lifted her up. I was going to make her sober, before any more harm came to my precious feelings. Or body parts. Or her.

I darted to the small pool in my backyard. Noelle gasped in delight, squealing and clapping her hand's excitedly. "Are we going to Bikini Bottom?"

"Yeah," I rolled my eyes, amused. "We are." She grinned, before frowning, her eyebrows furrowing together. The urge to kiss her there was burning.

Wait... what?

"That's not Bikini Bottom!" She cried. "Where's Spongebob's house?"

"Max!" I called. "Get the pineapple!"

"I don't know if I want to- " Max began. I cut him off with a glare over my shoulder. He sighed. "I'll get a pineapple."

I turned back to Noelle as soon as he had left. To my surprise, she was staring up at me, smiling goofily.

"What happened...?" I began slowly, on edge. She sighed.

"You have really nice cheekbones." She giggled, before leaning up to softly kiss the arch of my left cheekbone. I froze, dumbfounded. My skin burned.

She just kissed me.

I blushed slightly.

I swear, she is the only one who can make me blush.

Before I could do anything, Max came back, tossing the pineapple into the pool. I stared reluctantly at the water.

I didn't really want her sober now.

Hesitating, I threw her into the pool.

NOELLE'S POV:

I suddenly felt myself being submerged in cold water. The last thing I remembered was eating the brownie... how did I get here?

I kicked up, emerging from the water, gasping and pulling hair out of my eyes. I was greeted with the sight of shirtless Harper and Max staring down at me, Harper's face flushed slightly red. Max was laughing. I opened my mouth, ready to demand an explanation, when I felt something poking my foot. Curiously, I dipped my head back in the water, grabbing hold of the foreign object and pulling it out. My eyes widened.

"Why the hell is there a pineapple in the pool?"

Both boys burst into laughter. I narrowed my eyes, swimming to the edge of the pool and resting my arms, weighed down by the weight of my wet clothes.

"I'll leave this one to you, man," Max saluted, before going back into the house. I turned to Harper, my eyebrow raised. "Well?"

He smirked, the redness erased from his face. "You ate an alcohol soaked brownie and got drunk. I threw you into the pool to make you sober."

I gasped, realization dawning. "Oh my gods! I drank alcohol? Oh my gods, I'm not even legal yet! Oh my gods, if this goes on my resumé- "

"Calm down, baby doll," Harper said, rolling his eyes and walking to the edge of the pool. "It's just a little bit."

"But still," I groaned. "I'm a terrible daughter."

"Ah," Harper replied. "But you're a hilarious drunk. And I bet you're good in bed."

I blushed.

Did he just-

He did.

I reached out to slap his shin. He winced. "And you also had a tendency to injure me as a drunk."

My eyes widened. "How bad was I?"

"Pretty bad," he admitted. It was my turn to wince. Harper smirked wider. "But you could always make it up to me." He winked.

"No way, Andrews," I groaned. "Now help me up."

"I liked drunk Noelle better," he grumbled, before leaning down to offer me his hand. I grinned evilly to myself, coming up with a plan."Thanks- " I began, grasping his hand, before yanking him into the pool. He yelped a manly yelp, before tumbling in, splashing me completely. I quickly jumped out. He emerged from the water, looking like a disgruntled cat, and I burst out laughing, clutching my sides.

"Oh, you didn't, baby doll," he growled, cocking his head. I giggled and nodded.

"Come here!" he yelled playfully. I screamed and ran into his house, darting into the kitchen. For some reason, food was already splayed all over the floor, as well as a bag of mushrooms. I wrinkled my nose.

Ew. Mushrooms.

In my momentary pause to establish to myself how much I hate mushrooms, Harper had caught up to me. I suddenly felt a pair of arms loop around my waist and hold me to them. I squealed.

"Got you," he whispered huskily in my ear. His breath was warm on my neck, making me shudder. And just like that, the confident Noelle that had bravely pulled Harper into the pool died, nothing but a shell. Despite the fact that he was wet, the heat from his body radiated off his chest, seeping through my clothes.

"Harper," I muttered quietly, my back still pressed to his front. My voice cracked. "Did you- did you hook up with Amanda?"

He froze, and I could feel his abs tense against my back.

Swoon.

No! Head in the game, Noelle!

"No," he finally answered, releasing me. A curious feeling washed over me at our lack of contact. I stepped away and spun around to face him. He sighed. "But I should. I know I should. I don't want Amanda to tell everyone."

My heart clenched, and I almost fell over. I wished, desperately, that I could tell him. That I could tell him that I didn't care, I'd rather that happen then have him with Amanda. But I couldn't.

"You don't have to do it for me," I mumbled, looking down. I felt his hand brushing at my wrist and my eyes darted back up to his piercing green ones.

"I know," he muttered back, his eyes scanning my face. "And I don't want to... hook up with her. But you have to know, baby doll," he paused, taking a deep breath, before continuing. "That I would go through hell and back for you."

I froze. His words washed over me, and I closed my eyes, basking in the momentary wonder. "Why?" I asked softly.

No!

Why did I ask that?

Idiot, Noelle, you know the response be what you were hoping. He basically said that he wouldn't have kissed you. Isn't that proof enough?

Luckily, Maggie chose this time to walk in with bags of her shopping.

"Oh, Noelle! It's nice to see you!"

I stepped away from Harper, relieved. I waved to Maggie. "Hi."

"Will you be staying for dinner, dear?"

I shook my head, reluctant to be around Harper after I asked that question. Always messing things up, aren't you?

"Thank you, but that's alright. I think my mom wants me over."

She grinned. "That's okay. Well you two kids have fun!" Maggie said, heading up the stairs, before stopping abruptly and spinning around. She winked. "But not too much fun."

I gaped at her as she raced up the stairs, feeling my face grow red. Harper chuckled.

"Sorry about that, baby doll. She wants us to be together." he explained, winking at me. I blushed even harder, trying to push the topic away.

"Well, I have to go now," I mumbled. Harper's face fell, so fast I almost missed it, before it returned back to his usual smirk.

"I'll walk you."

I smiled slightly, heading for his door. I was just about to turn the knob, before he stopped me.

"It's raining." Harper grabbed one of his hoodie's off the coat rack and handed it to me, draping it around my shoulders. I smiled in gratitude, close to bursting at his small sweet act, looking at him.

"Won't you be cold? You're still, um," I coughed. "Shirtless."

He grinned. "I'm never cold when you're around, babe."

I flushed, before grabbing another of his hoodies off the coat rack, thrusting it towards him. "Here. Wear it."

Harper chuckled. "Glad to see you're so concerned about my welfare."

I rolled my eyes before stepping outside in the rain. It was pounding mercilessly down, burning through my back.

"On the count of three we run!" Harper shouted. I nodded.

"One... two... three!"

We set off rushing through the rain to my house. I almost fell once, but Harper grabbed onto my arm, laughing. Finally we were at my porch, sheltered under the ceiling. We were both laughing, and I never felt more alive. Not at ease. Alive.

I hooked my fingers onto the zipper of his hoodie, ready to pull it down, before Harper grabbed my wrist.

"You look good in it." He smiled, a real, genuine smile that made me want to press my lips to his. "Keep it."

I shook my head, but he stopped me with a look. I smiled shyly, before glancing through the window of my house. "Don't tell my mom I was drunk." I pleaded.

He smiled. "Not in my wildest dreams."

We stood in comfortable silence for a while, before quickly, almost mechanically, Harper's head shot forward, pressing his lips against my cheek- my left cheekbone to be exact. I froze, blushing red.

"That was pay back," he muttered in my ear, before stepping away and darting back to his house before I could say a word. I stood there, probably looking like a lost puppy, dumbfounded, heart threatening to explode.

It was minutes before I managed to turn around and stumble into my house dazedly. I was suddenly ambushed by my mom, who lightly pushed me down onto the sofa. She stood in front of me, hands on hips, grinning mischievously.

"So you like Maggie's son?"

I stared at her, blushing slightly.

Well that was unexpected.

I opened my mouth, ready to protest, before stopping myself. What's the point in lying?

I nodded shyly. She grinned, thrusting her fist in the air, vaguely reminding me of Emma. "I knew it!" she squealed. I laughed, amused by my mom's childish behaviour.

"Maggie and I think you two would be adorable together," she gushed, clapping he hands. I looked up at her surprised. "You're in this with Maggie?"

"Of course I am!"

I rolled my eyes, smiling slightly. Harper hearing this would be a nightmare. I like him, he doesn't like me. What kind of awkward situation would that be to tell him that our mom's had a fan club for us?

"So," she began. "I think you'll be happy to know that next week we are going out to a fancy restaurant for dinner with the Andrews."

My head snapped up.

"What?" I demanded.

"Don't worry," she reassured. "It will be fun. Oh, and- "

She cut herself off.

"Look pretty for Harper."

She left the room with a flourish, leaving me sitting in a sober, blushing mess.

OH MY GODS THIS TOOK AGES

WELL I HOPE YOU LIKEY GUYSSSSSS

OMG WE ARE #155 IN TEEN FICTION AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *FANGIRLS*

The pic is NOELLE :)

Dedication will go to: the sweetest comment :)

REMEMBER TO:

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

-A xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...