A Different Route ✓

Af YaoiYurishipper

What if Ash followed a different route while going on his journey? Instead of following the League route of P... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 21

922 22 7
Af YaoiYurishipper

(Pokemon is not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

It had been a few days and Team Rocket had come around snooping about Team Flare in the area. Ash had worried and asked if they needed a hand to which the trio waved off, but an extra eye out would be appreciated. When Clemont, Bonnie and Serena caught up with Ash he was waving good bye to the trio who disappeared into the crowded street. It looked like Serena got a Pancham to join her while he was talking to Team Rocket.

Serena was curious, "Who were they?"

Ash, "Very old friends. I will introduce you to them one day."

Clemont, "How long have you known them?"

Ash hummed, "Since I first started my journey. We run into each other a lot."

Bonnie, "They sound like really nice people."

Ash smiled, "They are... Too bad the world does not think so."

Serena, "Huh? Why?"

Ash sighed, "They made a few mistakes in the past and now a few people hold a grudge against them."

Clemont, "But everyone makes mistakes. Isn't that kind of hypocritical?"

Ash, "Yes, but what can we do? There is just no helping some people. Anyways we should get going."

Bonnie, "Okay! But you will introduce us to them right?"

Ash grinned, "Sure!"

While Ash and his friends were on the way to Cyllage City, Ash explained how he prepared for contests. Serena listened attentively and made diligent notes on what she and her Pokemon could use. She then decided to practice the moves that Fenekin and Pancham knew and master them. The three of them trained and practiced the moves for days while Ash practiced battling with Clemont. Jessie, James and Meowth on the other hand ran across a smuggler and may have gone a bit out of hand in catching him.

Ash and his friends were training near by when they heard the commotion and rushed to figure out what was going on. Ash took stock of the situation and told Pikachu to use agility to sneak close and use iron tail on the cages. The electric type nodded and did exactly that while Ash motioned for Bonnie to get Officer Jenny as fast as she could. He then got Clemont and Serena to sneak closer to the Pokemon with him and get them away from that area.

The two blonds nodded and hushed the Pokemon before sneaking them away and started to treat them. The trio on the other hand brought the smuggler down and Bonnie reached them with the cops. Officer Jenny thanked them for their help and after the cops left Ash introduced them to each other. Bonnie was gushing over Meowth being able to talk and asked if he was a Psychic. James and Jessie laughed at that and said Meowth is from Kanto not Alola.

Meowth grinned, "Tanks fr da complimnt doh kit!"

Bonnie, "But how?"

Ash, "Nothing is impossible if you put your heart, mind and determination to it."

Clemont was gushing, "Still this is amazing."

Serena was staring wide eyed, "It would be so awesome if we could communicate with Pokemon."

Meowth grinned and they talked till it was time for them to move on for the next assignment in a different city. Serena sighed, talking to an older woman had been really nice especially about her feelings. She had a crush on Ash, ever since he had helped her, but she knew Ash loved someone else very deeply. Not to forget, over the last few days she had started to notice how sweet Clemont was and how nice he always is towards her. Also the way Clemont was always patient with Bonnie, Serena found that very attractive and felt guilty about feeling attractive.

Jessie gave a her very understanding smile saying she understood how she felt about people who helped her. She told Serena to not worry about it, that love was not limited to one person and sometimes love could give away to deep care. Jessie told her it was fine to fall in love with someone who is not the first person. It was part of growing up and no one stops falling in love just because their first love did not work out. Serena took her advice to heart and decided to focus on her Showcase for now. After all Jessie pointed out she had just started branching out so just be patient.

Fenekin hummed, -You know, this is fun.-

Pikachu, -Which part?-

Fenekin, -Learning new moves and controlling them.-

Froakie, -Agreed! I feel stronger than before though I still have not gotten water gun down yet.-

Pikachu, -Just be patient, you will have to master water gun before you can try hydro pump. Water gun is the base for hydro pump, without it, learning hydro pump would be dangerous.-

Chespin, -Sounds like you had experience.-

Pikachu chuckled, -More like I observed Oshawatt make a blunder.-

Froakie perked up hearing more about a fellow water type and Pikachu indulged him by sharing stories. On the way to Cyllage they came across a teacher who was a big fan of him and Gary and Lugia. His friends giggled behind him and she requested him to visit her kindergarten and give a lecture. Ash was in the beginning surprised but agreed after thinking about it a bit. After leaving the kindergarten they had to take shelter in a mansion due to rain and they met an Espurr.

Bonnie became best friends with Espurr and Ash said if Espurr wanted to join her, Clemont could catch Espurr under his name. Espurr would be a non battler though as the little guy would be for Bonnie not Clemont. Clemont agreed after Espurr agreed to join Bonnie after thinking about it. There was a bit of a disagreement with Chespin eating all of their dessert but after a while they figured things out. A few days later they returned to Lumiose City and Ash greeted Gary with a hug.

Serena, 'They do look good together.'

Bonnie, "You okay?"

Serena, "Yeah, I am okay."

Clemont was blushing, "They really love each other."

Serena sighed, "Yeah, I hope I can find someone who can love me that much."

Gary, "Hello! It's good to meet you all in person."

Serena smiled, "It's good to meet you too. Ash tells us a lot about you."

Bonnie, "Yeah!"

Clemont, "I really enjoy reading your papers. They are awesome."

Gary grinned and the five of them travelled together through the region. There was an incident where Dedenne and Pichu got exchanged but after retracing their steps they found Lyn who had Dedenne while Bonnie had Pichu. Both girls gave a sigh of relief before bursting out laughing at what happened. After leaving Lyn's home town they came across a ninja called Sanpei and his Frogadier.

Froakie wanted to battle them and Ash asked Sanpei for a one on one battle. The ninja in training agreed and the battle went as it would with Frogadier using agility to dodge all of Froakie's attacks. Despite the loss Froakie impressed Frogadier who was interested in night slash. Frogadier swore they had to evolve to use that particular move. Froakie rubbed his face before agreeing to teach Frogadier if she taught him agility.

Ash, "Looks like they became friends."

Gary, "Yup and it seems they plan on teaching each other moves."

Sanpei, "You think so?"

Serena, "They are right, look!"

Bonnie, "Cool! They really are teaching each other."

Clemont, "Well, you have to admit it's a good exchange. They are teaching each other moves, that the other didn't know."

Gary, "There's more then teaching going on."

Ash, "Huh? Oh! Hey Sanpei is your Frogadier female by any chance?"

Sanpei, "Uh yeah... Oh! Oh! I don't know what to say."

Gary chuckled, "I think it's cute."

Serena squealed, "Very very cute."

Bonnie, "Totally!"

Clemont blushed, "Yeah!"

After learning what he could from Frogadier, Froakie leaves her although a little reluctantly. But Serena had an idea, she and Bonnie had been playing by the river side and had found a pair of heart shaped stones. Serena pulled Froakie aside and told him to keep one of the stones and give the other to Frogadier. Ash thanked her for helping Froakie who was much more happier after making a promise to see Frogadier again.

Gary, "Reminds me of us, when we were younger."

Bonnie, "Really?"

Ash took out his necklace, "Yeah, back in Pallet town, Gary and I found a pokeball floating in the water."

Gary, "We had a bit of a fight over who would keep it and the old pokeball broke."

Ash, "So we decided to keep one piece each."

Gary, "As a promise to each other."

Serena sighed, "Wao! I want to do that with someone."

Ash gave a smile, "I am sure you will find that special someone soon Serena."

Gary, "That's right!"

Serena, "Thank you."

Bonnie eyed Clemont, 'Come on bro! Make a move already.'

Bonnie sighed when Clemont did not make a move. Alain and Ash had taken her aside before leaving Lumiose City and told her about Serena maybe liking Clemont. She had also observed that the older girl from time to time would blush whenever Clemont helped her out. Bonnie had been happy but now she realized that Serena was a shy girl and would not make a move. So, it would have to be up to her brother to make a move but even her brother was hopeless.

They came across a town called Camphrier town where they encounter a problem with a Snorlax. According to the locals, usually the Lord of Shabboneau played a poke flute to wake up Snorlax but this year he was not present for the festival. Gary said, something must have happened and asked if his poke flute would work. The towns folk agreed to give it a try and thankfully Snorlax woke up and the harvest festival carried on.

They later found out that Princesses Allie from Parfum palace had taken the poke flute from Lord Shabboneau and was refusing to return it. The two young men went to talk to the Princess about her actions or rather lack of thereof and Ash and Gary pretty much chewed her ears out. The young Princess felt like she was bring scolded by her parents and the disappointed look she was getting. Ouch! The others pitied her but she kinda deserved it.

After leaving the palace and a properly chastised Princess the group came across a Lady and a Malamar. The Malamar tried to hypnotize them but Gary's Alakazam who was not a Champion level Pokemon just for show took him down. The group watched as Malamar screeched at Alakazam but Alakazam took the other Pokemon down. Serena, Bonnie and Clemont looked between the Pokemon and their two friends and looked at each other. They swore not to become evil no matter what, getting scolded by them was just a big no no.

Gary and Ash looked at them confused when they were extra polite and wondered what happened. Later they came across the Battle Chateau and Ash decided to get Clemont to take part. Bonnie asked whether they would take part and they pointed at another booth where people were signing up for double battles. Bonnie pouted, if Serena was into battling she and Clemont could take part together. Serena however had another idea and took Bonnie to the audience seats and took out pom poms.

Serena, "I got these to help me get an idea for my showcase but I figured we could cheer Clemont on."

Bonnie grinned, "You are really awesome, Serena."

Serena flushed, "Thank you, Bonnie. Let's cheer Clemont on."

Bonnie, "Yeah."

The Battle Chateau was fun to take part in and Clemont went as far as getting to battle Grant in the single battles while Ash and Gary won. Grant won the battle with Clemont and complimented the young Gym Leader on coming so far and expected him to take part again. Clemont rubbed his neck at the compliment and promised to try again next year.

The group was introduced to something called Poke - vision and Ash and Gary decided to pass as their dealings with media was very tiring. They had fun with the Poke - vision and after that they reached Ambrette town. In that town they enjoyed the aquarium before coming across Amuara who was suffering from a heat stroke. The little one had wandered away from the fossil lab and was not used to the heat outside yet. They helped the Amuara back to the lab which had an environment made for her. But the little one had become very attached to Gary who after talking to the Professors decided to catch Amuara.

(Hope you are all okay.
I had to update this twice, the network died while updating it the first time.
D:
But now it's back and I can update again. Yay!
♡(∩o∩)♡
Till next time my lovely readers!)

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

2.4K 83 5
Follow Avery through Kalos with Sparks, her Pikachu, and, her boyfriend, Ash Ketchum with his Pikachu. Together, they meet new friends and Pokemon wh...
171 0 13
Ever wonder what Ash's Journey would be if he was in Galar? Well, I'm creating my own rewrite to discuss What would that be like. The plot is about a...
1.7K 51 10
What would of happened if Red had lost to Giovanni's Bet in the Viridian Gym? Would he of still went to the Pokémon League? Yep. Not in the same posi...
14.7K 324 19
After Leaving everything back in Kalos, Ash worries about the decisions he had made that day. " I regret Everything" He always says to himself. Ash h...