The Prodigal Son (Complete)

Oleh munsen12

A man is known by his name. What if one day it is snatched from you, and you are termed a con man in your own... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
The Return of Prodigal Son
Epilogue

Chapter 15

1.1K 221 92
Oleh munsen12

Rahul touches the shoulder of Sidharth, "Where have you been lost? Ghar nahi jana kya?"
They are in Abhijit's office, discussing their new project. Abhijit had left to attend some party. Rahul and Sidharth were still there working.
"What are you thinking?"
Sidharth says, "Bhaskar Ganguly ne last mein googly dal di. That Naresh f*****g b*****. Kitne jhoot bole usne."
"Maybe he didn't lie."
Sidharth stares at him, "Do you believe Naresh?"
"Sid, there could be a possibility that the real Ratan Kumar was with him for a period of time. Who knows? That Ram could be Ratan. I just want to say that maybe the defense are using a fact against you. "

"If you can believe the theory, others will too."
"Sid, I didn't say that."
"What do you think will be the verdict? Will I lose the case?"
"Are you crazy? Sidharth Dewan doesn't lose."
"But Ratan Kumar can."
"So, you are saying you are Ratan Kumar."

Sidharth smiles, "You believe that, don't you? So, you tell me, kaun hun main?"
Rahul smiles back, "I have never doubted you. I know who you are. I have been with you since we were in school. I can't make any mistake in recognising you, my friend."
"Still, didn't you ever have second thoughts about my identity? Maybe now or the time when I returned back. Kabhi laga nahi ke shayad main Sidharth nahi par koi aur ho sakta hun? Like now after Naresh's story."
"Kyun lagega? I knew you were Sidharth the moment I saw you. I said Naresh could be telling the truth about Ratan. But I never said that you are him. Sid, I never had any doubts on you being anyone else. And honestly everyone including your step mother and her family knows you are Sidharth Dewan. They knew it on the day you came to the office. What you said there, made everyone believe you are back. How can I forget that day?"

Flashbacks.

A board meeting was going on in the main office of Dewan Groups where Dida, Raghunath Chatterjee, Nirupama, Saivi, Abhijit, Darshan, Rahul and Sidharth sat. After discussing the matters, Dida left and so did Nirupama. Sidharth wanted to leave but Saivi made him sit. Raghunath wanted to talk about one important project that Sidharth had started before he went missing.

Rahul said, "We need more funds to finish this project. We are going at a good pace and we can finish the construction before the stipulated time. But not with additional funds."
Raghunath looked at him and said, "That's the problem. We have exhausted the money allotted to us for the project. I don't think AK Groups aren't going to give us more."
Saivi asked, "Can't we talk to Mr. Adhir Kalyan? I am sure he will reconsider. It was him who asked for changed that made us spend more."
"He might but thing is he isn't here. He is on a vacation with his family abroad. He won't talk about business until he returns. That's his policy."
Darshan rolled his eyes, "Who does that? Now what to do?"
"We need to come up with a solution now."
Abhijit asks, "Can't we use our own money?"
Rahul replied, "Our money is all tied up in other projects. We can divert the money from one project and invest it into this. That would mean, stopping that specific project. So, ultimately we have to sacrifice one project for the other. It now up to you people to decide which one, if you go for this solution."

Darshan looked at everyone and said, "We can't do that for sure. It will look bad. I think we should stop this one till we talk to Adhir."
"That will delay the project. Is it the right thing to do? This one is a highly ambitious project."
Raghunath shook his head, "Exactly. Our reputation is at stake. This is a big project, we can't stop this now. We need to find some other way."
Darshan with an irritated voice said, "This is the reason why I was against this project. We were investing much more than time and money behind this. But then who would listen to me? Sidharth Jo bole wohi final hota hai na."
Saivi, equally frustrated then, said, "Why should we listen to you? Don't forget it was you for whom we lost a good amount of money and our reputation. Remember Mr CEO? Sidharth's decisions, his fore-thinking, has taken this organisation to a new height."

"Has? Where is he now? He left 3 years ago. He is gone."
Saivi clenched her teeth, "Shut up Darshan! Sidharth is here, among us right now. Are you blind?"
Darshan started laughing, "Sidharth is here? Are you talking about that dehati? That's not Sidharth. And we all know that. I don't get it, why is he even here in the first place?"
"I said enough, Darshan. You can't talk like this about him. He is my brother. Samjha!"
"You both relax. We are here discussing something important. Darshan, Sidharth is a board member. He has to be here. And I wanted him here."
"Chatterjee uncle, first of all, there's no proof that this guy here is Sidharth. And if we still accept what you all believe, is he of any help? I mean, look at him, he is just sitting staring at the papers and laptop while we are bumming our heads to find a solution. He is not Sidharth Dewan but some ganwar."

"Darshan, stop or else.."
"What Saivi? If he is your brother, ask him to give a solution to the problem. Hey, you.."
Darshan snapped his fingers and called Sidharth who was engrossed looking at the laptop and papers in front of him and scribbling something down.
"Hey you! C'mon tell everyone what your view is? This was your project, so what do you think?"
Sidharth stared at him and then turned back his attention to the jotting. Darshan started laughing.
"Sidharth Dewan? Hun? Saivi, this man is not him. And if he is him, he is useless now. He is mentally derailed. I think we should go with my plan. Stop the project or we can sell some.."

Sidharth cut him short, "We don't need to do that.."
"What?"
"Shut up! You know nothing so just shut up.."
Raghunath said, "Darshan, let him speak. Sidharth, bolo beta.."
Sidharth stood up and went to the front. He stood there for a minute rubbing his hands out of nervousness.
On being asked again to talk, he said, "We don't... don't need .. to stop the construction. We.. are already .. ahead of our timeline as.. the labour used.. are high in number. We... can reduce.. the labour for now to ⅓ .. let the work continue. This will reduce the cost.. This .. can help us.. The funds can last 15 days more than time estimated. "
He went to Rahul's chair and pointed at his laptop. Rahul connected it to the projector and they could see the figures on the screen.

"We need.. time to talk.. to Mr. Kalyan. We can .. continue like.. this until then. "
Raghunath nodded his head as he checked the paper that Sidharth was scribbling on.
"He is correct. The figures he has jotted down is accurate. Marvelous!"
Darshan, irritated, said, "But what if Adhir says no? What if he doesn't give us any money? Then how long can we continue this?"
Sidharth walked to the chair, picked up the papers and placed them in front of Raghunath.
"We.. we can sell this.. the land here.. This is our land.. right?"

He pointed at a particular area on the map.
"This is supposed to be .. a garden with a fountain. There's already a dedicated area for a park and there will be running flowering plants and bushes by the pathway. This huge area was just wasted space which was later designed for an additional garden. The cost of this land will be high because of the construction. We can raise a good amount of money from this if we put this up for sale. Any real estate company would love to develop this land. We could have done it but now we can get a good deal by selling this.. This is also not in the plan. So the AK Groups have nothing to say on this."
Sidharth finished with a smile and then realised he had spoken everything without any stammer. He loved it and the nervousness was suddenly gone. All liked the idea and were impressed except Darshan. But he could not say anything further as the majority supported his idea.

Rahul came to drop Sidharth at Dewan house after he had taken him for lunch to celebrate his comeback. They could hear Darshan yelling at the top of his voice. He was arguing with Saivi and Dida about Sidharth. And Nirupama had turned a silent spectator, occasionally supporting his son and at the same time trying to calm him down. Sidharth stood at the door hearing all the bad words Darshan could find for him. He was called a fraud, thief and whatnot.

"I had seen his dead body. I had seen it. How can a dead person come back? How? Why don't you people understand he is a con artist? He wants the money."
Dida in a strict voice said, "Darshan, stop yelling. I won't tolerate this in Dewan house."
"You claim to see his dead body. We haven't seen it. We all know and accept his is our Sid. What is your problem in doing so?"
"So, now you are calling me a liar."
Nirupama said, "Calm down Darshan. Saivi, Darshan is not the enemy here. He is thinking about you and everyone else."
Saivi gave her a smirk, "We all know how much he thinks about us. Chotti mom, please ask him to stop it now."

Sidharth entered the house and stared at everyone.
"Why should I? You people are blind. Apne Sid ke death ka sadma bardast nahi kar pa rahe ho isiliye iss dehati ko Sid samjh rahe ho. I won't do the same mistake. I won't accept him rulling the Dewan Empire. No."
Dida stood up from the sofa and said, "Enough Darshan. Enough. I really don't care what you believe. I know what's the truth. I had enough from you today. So, I ask you to just go from here. Leave."
"Dida, I was here as I wanted to protect you from this man. He could kill you and take away everything. Chor kahinka."
"Shut up Darshan! "
Dida signals Saivi to calm down and then she said, "I don't need any protection from my own child. This house and everything in this is his. You might believe anything you want, I know this is my child, the son of my Sourav, the heir to this empire. So, go back to your house."

"Darshan only wanted the good. If his intentions are being questioned here then it is better that he leaves. But as a mother I can't abandon my child. I will leave too."
Dida smiled, "You are correct Nirupama. You must go as well. I don't want you here away from your child."
Nirupama didn't say a word and went inside to pack her bag.

Dida walked up to Sidharth and said, "Don't listen to them. I know who you are. You don't need to worry about anything."
"Dida.."
Sidharth's words were cut short as they heard a clearing of voice sound. It was Basundhara. She was standing at the door. Sidharth tried to smile at her but she didn't react so he lowered his head.

"Basundhara, beta come in. I am so happy you came. I knew you would understand and return back to this home, to him."
Dida said, holding her hands. Basundhara had cold eyes, a still face and pursed lips. She released her hands from her and opened her bag. Out of it, she took out a packet and gave it to her.
"Your medicines. I came to give these to you. I have always taken care of them and I will continue that."
She stared at Sidharth and then quickly turned her eyes away.
" I am not here to stay. I am not coming back. Why should I? "
"For him. Your husband is back. This is your home."
"No. This was never my home even when he was here. And today he is not, he is gone. That guy is a stranger. I don't believe it's him. I don't. I have to go."

Basundhara left immediately without looking at Sidharth or anyone else. Sidharth gulped down saliva. Nirupama and Darshan with his wife were back in the living room with their luggage.
Darshan before leaving said, "You are a con man. Your wife believes that too. I am going to make sure that's proved. I will not make you enjoy this. You will never get to enjoy this home. Never."
Sidharth stood there still as they left. He then ran his fingers through his hair and said, " I need to go.."
He started walking towards the door. Rahul grabbed his hand and so did Saivi.
"Where are you going?"
"Away from here. "

Saivi held his arms, "Stop it, Sid! Ignore them."
"I can't. I don't remember much but I do know that I am not a con man. I might have no proof for that but I know I am not a fraud. But from the day I have returned, all I can see is doubt and questions in everyone's eyes. I don't remember how I landed there. I don't remember what had happened to me. But I know now that I am Sidharth Dewan."
Dida came closer and said, "We know that, Sidu. This is your home. You don't need to leave."
"Is it, Dida? Then why can't I feel like home here? I can't stay in this house. I can't. This place is suffocating me. I will die if I do. Let me go. Please."

"That night Rahul brought me here. And I felt at ease coming back."
Sidharth says sipping coffee. He was back at the Penthouse with Rahul and was joined by Shehnaaz.
Rahul nods his head, "We got the information that Darshan was meeting lawyers to file a fraud case against Sidharth. He had already released statements in the press presenting him as a fraudster. So we went on and filed a declaratory case. Sidharth had to stay away from his properties until everything was proved in the court of law. So in a way he did right by coming here."
Shehnaaz says, "You never really felt good in that big house. This is where you always felt comfortable. One must do things and stay only where he or she feels happy."

Rahul smiles, "And he is actually very happy now, all because of you, Shehnaaz."
Sidharth slips his hand into hers and stares at her with love.
"True. I feel at content and fulfilled. Even in so much stress, I find my peace here with her. I am lucky to have her in my life."
"Sach bol raha hun, I never thought, you out of everyone would ever fall in love. But you did and now I am so happy for you. You found your true companion."
"Yea, isn't it? Sidharth Dewan never knew love. One accident and it really changed my life. I am a changed man and I am in love."

Sidharth wraps his arms around Shehnaaz as she stands on the balcony.
"Rahul loves you very much. He is a true friend. You are lucky to have him with you."
"Yes, I am. We both have been friends for a long time now. He is happy for us. You know what I am lucky to have a few good souls around me."
"But you appear worried. Something is bothering you. What is it?"

"I have not told you something."
"What Sidharth?"
"Basundhara. I met her yesterday. "
Shehnaaz turns to face him.
"Oh!"
"Are you angry?"
"No. Why didn't you tell me you had met her?"
"You returned late and you were tired."
"It's not that, Sidharth. You could have told me during the breakfast time or after dinner. Why didn't you say anything then?"

Shehnaaz goes inside and Sidharth follows her.
"I am sorry. I don't know why I didn't say anything. Perhaps I wanted to understand everything before I could tell you anything."
"Understand what?"
"Her behaviour. She appeared strange. I think she is up to something."
"Do you think she wants to sabotage the case?"
"No. She wants me to win. She said after the verdict I should punish the culprits without thinking who they are. She was upset about the apparent divorce. But there was something strange in her.. actions. I don't know what it was."
Just then they hear a doorbell.
"Who is here at this time? Security didn't call. What is going on? You stay here. Let me check."

Sidharth walks towards the door and thinks once he opens it. He gets surprised to find her standing in front of him. Her face is flushed and covered with sweat beads. It appeared that she was in a hurry.
"Basundhara! What are you doing at this hour? Are you alright?"
"Can.. Can I come.. in? Please.."
"Of course. Please come."
She steps in and says, "Sid, I am.. trying to keep my promise..I.. "
Her words trail off as she misses one foot and us about to fall off. Sidharth holds her.
"Are you okay? Please sit down. Shehnaaz, get a glass of water please."
"No, first listen to me. There's something.. in my bag for you.. use it. Just use it. Promise me, you will.."
Sidharth unable to understand stays silent.
Basundhara gives him a meek smile, "You are.. so innocent.. like a child.. how did I miss this? How.."
She closes her eyes and falls into deep slumber.

Judgement will be out soon. Then what? Find out in the next chapter.
Do vote for the chapter by clicking the ⭐ and give comments.
Love 💕💕💕💕💕💕

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

88.9K 13.1K 32
Can you fall in love with someone you hardly know? What if he is just a stranger with a mysterious aura? Can you trust him if you find out he has lie...
202K 18K 70
"𝑺𝒉𝒆 π’Žπ’–π’”π’• 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒅 π’‡π’π’‚π’ˆ, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰'π’Ž 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓 π’ƒπ’π’Šπ’π’… π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’Šπ’• π’„π’π’Žπ’†π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒓. 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓. 𝑰'π’Ž π’ƒπ’π’Šπ’...
763K 76.4K 95
Sana is a well known actress working in the Bollywood industry from a young age. She has everything, money and fame but no real family. She craves fo...
35.3K 3.2K 27
The story contains cussing, violence, sensitive topic and mature content do read it at your own risk, if you don't like reading books like these than...