Stuck with the Bad Boy | ✔️

Da d_arkening

COMPLETED, CURRENTLY EDITING/PARTIALLY REWRITING (please excuse the mess. Some of the plot is being changed s... Altro

Introduction Note
Author's Note: For the Assholes
1. Gray Eyes
2. Toast
3. Beautiful Distraction
4. Insanity
5. Kiss and Make Up
6. Body, Personality, and Brains
7. Stuck
8. Doing Something Stupid
9. Challenge Accepted
10. She-Devil
11. Lies
13. Tradition
14. With Every Breath I Breathe
15. Family
16. Confrontation
17. Late night games and early morning car rides
18. Arrival
20. Sunshine and Bubblegum
21. Car Encounter
22. It escalated from there
23. Navigation Problems
24. Little Band
25. Chivalry's not Dead
26. Numb
27. Bullet Hole in my Chest or not, I'll put you Six Feet Deep
28. Vegas, Baby

19. Goodnight Kitten and Farewell

5.2K 220 15
Da d_arkening

Phoenix's P.O.V.

Oh my god this taco is sooo good. I love food. I already said that but I don't care I just love food so much. I'm down to my last taco, sadly. Everyone else is just finishing, like me.

"So have the two of you ever raced your cars?" Nate gestures to Bentley and I. He's sitting next to Emily and I swear there is still something going on there.

I look up and Bentley and I make eye contact. It's like we're debating on lying or telling the truth. Lying means more secrets and the truth means more questions. Ugh.

Bentley decides for me. "Yeah."

"Who won?" Jake asks.

I smirk. Bentley has never beaten me in a one on one race and I like to remind him or that whoever it's convenient.

Bentley sighs before speaking. "She did." He says quietly.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear that. What did you say?" I chuckle.

"You did!" He says louder and crosses his arms.

"That's correct." I nod my head, clearly enjoying the moment. Luca, who's sitting at my side is trying to hide his smile.

After the small conversation is over we all get up and head towards the door, tossing our trash in the garbage can on the way by. I cannot believe it's almost ten by the time I'm back in my room with Emily.

"Gossip time." Emily says with a smile. We're both sitting on our individual beds in pajama's. I was kinda sad when I realized the only pajama shirts I packed were my own and I hadn't thought to bring Luca's t-shirts.

I'm obviously so much less excited about this than she is because my voice sounds bored. "Gossip about what?"

"The latest adorable couple, of course!"

"You and Nate?" Her face goes white.

"W-we aren't a couple..." Now it's official. Their totally a couple. Em can't keep secrets and gets all weird when she's lying. "I meant you and Luca..."

"Well... Ask away then." I know. It was stupid. I shouldn't have said that. Here comes the ocean of questions.

She begins, "First off, what did he say when he pulled you aside in the lobby after Taco Bell?"

Greeeeaaat.

"I hope you know I'm going to be miserable without you tonight." Luca knows I can't stay with him no matter how much we both want me to, but he decides to make it worse and plead.

"I love you and honestly would do anything to stay with you but I really need to spend more time with Emily, who I've basically been ignoring, by accident, but still."

He sighs and kisses my forehead gently, lingering there for a few moments. "Fine. Goodnight, Kitten." He turns without looking at me but I grab his wrist.

"You aren't mad, right?" My voice is quiet.

"No." He smiles softly. "I'm just sad. I thought we would share a room together like most couples would, but it's fine. I'll be fine for a few nights."

By now the rest of our group was already back in their rooms or close to it.

My eyes meet his. "I am sorry, you know."

"I know." It's so obvious that this little separation feels like a lot for both of us. As our conversation went on you could hear the happiness fade from out words.

The elevator opens up and I step out on my floor. "I can walk you all the way to the door." He says but he's just stalling. I wish we could stall longer.

"I'll be fine, but thanks." I smile.

"Goodnight, Kitten, and farewell till morning." And the doors close like in the cheesy romance movies, cutting off my view of him.

"And that's the gist of what went down." I finish telling her about the incident.

Emily's mouth falls open. "Go get him now. He's sleeping in here you evil evil person."

"What? But I thought it was girls night?"

"I'm not letting you kill your boyfriend! Go get him!" Emily demands.

"No. We're having girls night. He'll be fine." I state.

"Whatever. Just know that when he's dead tommorow, it's your fault."

I roll my eyes. "He's probably forgot all about that by now. I'm sure he's perfectly okay."

After much convincing, Emily drops the subject and we continue on to other things.

"I just realized something." Em says.

"What?"

"All this time I've know you and I still don't know your middle name."

Hmm... Come to think of it I still don't know Luca's middle name either. "It's Arria."

"Phoenix Arria Wood, go get your boyfriend NOW!"

"Really?! We already talked about this!" Ugh.

☕️☕️☕️

Luca's P.O.V.

If I go up there she will either kill me or let me in. Are the chances in my favor? I hate this! I just want to be with her, damnit! Fine! I give in!

It's like 1AM and I can't sleep without Nix so I've been tossing and turning since 11PM. I slide out from under the comforter and slip my shoes on. I slide a pair of those long fuzzy pants (mine are batman) over my boxers and silently walk out the door and towards the elevator, hoping no one will see me.

"Please don't kill me. Please don't kill me. Please don't kill me." I chant repeatedly.

After a minute I'm at her door, prepared to knock. I hear Emily laugh from inside. How are they so easily happy right now?

Then I hear Nix's voice. "Is my misery funny to you?!" A crash comes from the room and it sounds sort of like glass breaking. Then more laughter.

I knock on the door, a little to curious to just walk away now. All sounds cease.

"I wonder who that could be?" Emily's tone is sarcastic.

"You get the door." Phoenix. Lazy as ever.

"Fineeeee." The door opens to reveal Emily, but behind her is the scene I'm focused on. Scattered around the room are the remains of feather pillows and blankets everywhere. There's a glass vase shattered in the corner as well. And in the middle of it all, sitting criss cross applesauce on her bed is Nix, looking utterly defeated.

I'm speechless.

"Come on in Romeo. We were just placing bets on how long you two' last apart. I won, of course." Her grip on my arm is stronger than expected when she grabs me and practically launches me towards Phoenix.

She proceeds to shut the door and walk towards her bed. "Goodnight." She flips the lamp on the bedside table off and rolls over to go to sleep. No doubt she's still listening to us though.

Nix speaks first. "I'm unable to explain this."

"Well someone needs to. Did a tornado run through here? Because it looks like a wreck."

"Em was making fun of me because I couldn't sleep without you and so I may have thrown a few things."

"Temper tantrums are not the answer..." I move onto the bed to sit next to her. The rooms chilly, especially considering I don't have a shirt on. "Why's it freezing in here?"

"The window."

I look to the side to see that the glass panel in open and the curtains are being ruffled by every gust of wind.

"Close it."

"It's broken."

"Did you break it?"

"Yup."

"Wonderful."

My eyes move back to her. She has a hoodie on and some incredibly short shorts that I'm having a lot of trouble not looking at.
I move backwards a bit to slide the comforter back and gesture for her to move under the covers as well. She quickly obliges and moves as close to me as she can, her back against my chest. Her skin is like ice, compared to me, she's Antarctica and I'm Florida. I wrap my arms around her, trying to warm her up to the point where she's comfortable.

"How are you so warm?" Her voice has grown soft and quiet. She sort of stumbles over ever word as well. She must seriously be exhausted.

"I was just thinking how you're so cold." I chuckle a bit as she tries to get closer despite the fact that she's as close as she could possibly be.

"Warm me up then. It's freezing."

"Sure thing." I turn her around so her head's against my chest and I pull the comforter up over her shoulders. "Goodnight, Kitten. I love you."

"I love you too."

•*•*•*•*•

Oh my gosh it's been so long I'm sorry. Sorry it's short too. High school has taken me away from writing a bit. Im gonna try and start up again. Sorry. I love you all! Thanks for sticking with me!

~ Nyx S.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

161K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
62.2K 2K 26
*WARNIO!! This is my second book I wrote on Wattpad. THERE will be mistakes!* Read at yo own dang risk! "Who is she?" "Can you get me her number?" "...
11.4K 1.2K 48
---Book of the Month 2018 winner in the sci-fi category from awardofthemonth2018--- ---1st place winner in teen fic Writer's Circle Awards by concinn...