The Humanity's Strongest & Th...

By MichaelaBurney

Graduating from Cadets and at the top of her class, twenty-three-year-old Tessa Lind is ready to join the Sco... More

A Memory of the Storm-Colored Eyes and the Knife
Just T
Altering Plans
One Year Later
It Can't Be
Reunited
"Safe With Me"
Complicated... Feelings?
Racing Thoughts
Impulse
Protect and Lie
Just Like Old Times
Style
A Promise
Stay With Me
I Love You
The Expedition
Our Last Chance...
Choices Are Made
Track
No Regrets
Tension
The First Of Many
Dé·jà Vu
An Unusual Request
The Torch of Hope
Luck
One Year Later... Again
Grace and Strength
Everything Changes
The Humanity's Strongest & The Graceful Soldiers
To Be Selfless or Selfish?
A Decision is Made
Relaxation
Pain
"When will it be enough?"
Wave of Emotions
The 104th Cadets
"Long Time No See."
"The New You."
A Shared Secret
Tension 2.0
Working Together
"Never Underestimate Me."
Punishment? Pleasure? Maybe Both?
Back to Reality
The 49th Expedition
Ilse's Notebook
The Approval
The 104th Cadets' Graduation
"Be Ready for Anything."
The Reluctant Heroes
A Race Against Time
How to Play The Game of Cat and Mouse
The Trial
Return Home
Feeling like a Stranger in a Familiar Place
Experimental Talk
The Waiting Game
Talks about the Future
The First Experiment
Decisions
"After All These Years..."
Keeping A Promise
A Late-Night Workout
Hope

One Month Later

386 7 1
By MichaelaBurney

While inside the Head Doctor's office, the rustling sounds of paperwork echo in the room. A mixture of sweet smells wafted in the Doctor's office of chamomille and honey in the teacup, which rested on the desk, and strawberries and vanilla from the soap she uses. Light shined through the window behind her desk and painted her space in bright colors from the design. Her long ebony-colored hair was tied in a loose braid while looking over the papers she had splattered around her with her sky-blue eyes. After a month of being in the Scouts, the paperwork never ended, which made her hands ache due to how many signings she had done, causing her to drop the pages in her hands and sit back in her office chair.

After a very tiresome and struggling year of being in the Military Police, Tessa was where she belonged, and she was happy because she was finally in the Scouts. When Hange promised Tessa that she would take care of it, Tessa believed there was no point because Alexander decided her fate even without her consent. So, Tessa dealt with her future being in the MPs while Hange worked endlessly to keep her promise to get Tessa out of there. Thankfully, with help from Commander Shadis, Erwin, and Nile, they aided Hange with Tessa's transfer. While enjoying her break, Tessa undoes her braid to run her hand through her ebony curls and starts thinking about what led up to the relocation.

One Month Ago

With the Interior Walls of Wall Sina closing in, Tessa finally accepted that this was her future, though not being her choice. She fiddled with the watch on her right wrist to distract herself from the impending annoyance of when it came time to meet with the entire Military Police regiment. Tessa already suspected the men would try to fake injuries just to see her, and she was right. On the first day, Tessa decided to overlook the girls first just to ease the tension from being there. Nevertheless, the men needed to see Tessa too, but it was due to fake symptoms and injuries. She hid her frustration but still checked on them, though they made unnecessary comments about her, resulting in Tessa cataloging it in a secret file, hoping to use it for evidence to get her a transfer. However, Tessa ran into a problem because to get approved, she must meet with the Commander of the Branch, and that person was Tegan, her worse patient in the entire Regiment.

Tegan would be in Tessa's office almost every day, if not every hour, complaining about feeling in pain. Yet when Tessa declared him healthy several times, he would still complain about it. Tessa knew it was bullshit because he would be laughing and training after leaving her office as if nothing was wrong. Tegan would often offer to escort her to see the patients she had in the city, fearing she could get hurt or lost, and each time Tessa refused because she needed space from the annoying unwanted attention from him and the rest of the men. Tessa dealt with all the lingering glances and unsuccessful flirtations from them until Tegan crossed the line with his inappropriate touching of Tessa's body. It became the final straw for Tessa's patience. It had been a year of being in the MPs, so her temper was already wearing thin, but when Tegan touched her, it made her snap.

Today like any other day, Tessa is in her office organizing her medical supplies to relax until a knock disrupts her way of therapy. Tessa closed her eyes and sighed, knowing who it could be, "Come in." She replies in a deadpan tone while placing her notebook on her desk. When Tessa turns around, her assumptions are correct when she sees Commander Tegan walking into her office, "Good morning, Dr. Tessa," He greeted as he walked into Tessa's office, "How are you today?" He asked while closing the door, to which Tessa faked a smile, "Good morning, Commander, I'm well." She replied before turning to get the two files from the cabinet behind her. One was Tegan's actual file, and the other was from the evidence of harassment Tessa filed of the men constantly harassing her. After closing the cabinet, Tessa sighed, "What seems to be the problem this time?" She asked while opening his records. Tessa hated when Tegan said her name instead of her title. 'It's Doctor Lind, Dumbass. How hard is that?' She thought as she waited for her answer.

Tegan fakes a cough before wincing and grabbing his side, "I still feel unwell, Tessa-" Tegan says, but Tessa interrupts him, "It's Dr. Lind to you." Tessa hissed when she looked up from the file, which made Tegan gulp when he saw her cold-blue eyes, "Apologies, Dr. Lind," Tegan apologized, "I figured we could use the first name bases since we've worked together for a year." He confesses, and Tessa takes a deep breath as she closes the file shut, "Well, I would appreciate it if you addressed me as Dr. Lind like you're supposed to, Commander Tegan," She snapped, "And we haven't worked together. You and most of your subordinates have been harassing me since I got here!" Tessa corrected as she slammed his records on her desk. Realizing his charade is no longer working on her, though it never did in the first place, Tegan takes a step toward Tessa, "I suggest you watch your tone, Doctor," He warned as he glared with his hazel-colored eyes, "Otherwise, I'll make you respect me!" He growled through gritted teeth, but Tessa scoffs, "You don't scare me, Commander. I've dealt with far worse things than a little boy acting like a grown man," She smirks, "So your little tactic isn't going to work on me." She corrects while glaring at him, only for Tegan to eye her up and down again, "Is that so, you ungrateful bitch?" Tegan asked while he eyed Tessa, "I suppose I'll show how much of a man I can be." He threatened in a deep voice before he grabbed Tessa's hips.

Before Tegan could try his next move, Tessa removed his hand and twisted it behind his back. He let out a painful yelp, only to get silenced as Tessa punched his face repeatedly, causing him to fall to the ground, but she was far from being done. While Tegan swayed on the floor, Tessa kicked him in the groin, and he collapsed, yet Tessa still wasn't done because her patience had snapped. Tessa grabbed a handful of Tegan's hair, pulling him from her office floor to make him look at her, "Never put your filthy hands on me again!" Tessa hisses before dragging him to the door and throwing him outside. Luckily, when Tessa threw him out of her office, there was an entire crowd to witness everything. Realizing she had made her point with Tegan, she decided to give it to everyone else, "The next person that touches me or fakes an injury will get the same treatment as the Commander! Got it?!" Tessa warned while pointing at Tegan, who was still groaning from what happened, and everyone nodded. With everyone listening to Tessa's warning, she slams the doors to her office, resulting in echoes throughout the base.

Tessa threw her jacket on her desk and walked over to the sink to clean her hands from the encounter with Tegan and calm down her boiling blood. After Tessa dries her hand, she grabs the harassment file, ready to fill it out because she is taking this entire folder to Premier Zachary, the man in charge of all the Regiments. After all, she has had enough. Before Tessa can begin to write what happened with Tegan, there's a knock on her door, "Whoever it is, I'm not in the mood to see anyone." Tessa answered, yet there was another tap, resulting in Tessa sighing and getting up from her desk to answer the persistent knocking. After unlocking and opening the door, Tessa sees that it's Nile standing outside, "Nile, what can I do for you?" She asks while letting him inside. While Nile walks in and closes the door as he clears his throat, "Well, you can tell me what the hell just happened, Tessa. I return from delivering letters to see you dragging Commander Tegan out by his hair. So what happened?" He asked, "Are you okay?" He questioned, and Tessa nodded but remained silent.

Tessa knew Nile meant well, especially since he was like a big brother to her when they were younger, resulting in Tessa delivering his three daughters. She was grateful to have at least one friend in the Military Police because she probably would've snapped sooner if Nile wasn't there. Tessa crosses her arms and sighs, "I'm alright, Nile. I didn't break my hand, but I did break Tegan's nose," Tessa laughs, but Nile doesn't crack a smile or laugh, "Nile, I promise, I-I'm okay." Tessa lies through the stutter, making Nile raise a brow when he looks at her, "Tessa, I've known you for a good bit. You're on the verge of tears," He replied as he crossed his arms, "What did Commander Tegan do to you?" He asks, and Tessa sighs as she tries to steady her breathing before looking at Nile, then tells him everything that has happened since her arrival and how today was the final straw. While Tessa told him everything and showed him the harassment file she had for evidence, Nile knew he had to tell someone he could trust.

After handing the file back to Tessa, Nile grabs a clean piece of paper and pen to write a letter to his friend, and Tessa raises a brow, "Nile, what are you doing?" She asks, but Nile doesn't answer, so she asks again, "Nile, what the hell are you doing?" She questions while crossing her arms. After signing his name at the bottom, Nile looks up, "I'm repaying the favor I owe you by you getting the hell out of here, Tessa." Nile answered, "Marie would kick my ass if I didn't help you. Just trust me, okay?" Nile pleaded as he tied the piece of paper. Tessa hesitates to answer as she looks at her friend, but he is right; Marie would be upset with him. After every time Tessa had delivered his three daughters, Nile looked for a way to repay her, and now it would be his chance, "Please let me do this for you. You've done so much for me." He pleads, and reluctantly Tessa agrees, making Nile smile before he walks out of Tessa's office to give the note to a soldier. After Nile left, Tessa was alone in her office again. 

Tessa runs a hand through her ebony curls as she walks behind her desk and sits before taking the knife out of her boot. She flips the blade in her hand and then takes a handkerchief out to clean it. While cleaning it, Tessa looks at the drawing on the desk. It was of the cavern of the underground, and Levi was in it. She had managed to sketch it while Levi stood looking up at the hole above them. Besides the knife and the lessons, it was the closest thing Tessa had to remembering Levi's face except for his steel-gray eyes. She didn't know anyone with that unique eye color except Levi and Kenny, "So much for being patient with everything. I'm sorry, Levi." Tessa whispers as she wipes away a tear.

It wasn't until the following day that Hange, Erwin, and Commander Shadis came to the capital for Tessa's transfer. While Hange helped Tessa pack everything, Erwin, Commander Shadis, and Nile informed Premier Zachary of everything Tessa had endured from her graduation to her year in the MPs. Luckily, Hange had held onto the documents that Instructor Alexander forged, and Tessa documented all of the harassment in the files of the MPs that would visit her. With all of the evidence presented to Zachary, he formed his decision. Zachary stated Tessa would be transferred to the Scouts immediately, she would be the Head Doctor, and her patients would be transferred to Trost the following day. Tessa bows her head, enjoying this feeling of relief, "Thank you, Premier Zachary," She smiles as she salutes Zachary, "I'm forever grateful for your help." She confesses while dropping her hand from the salute to the Premier, and Zachary chuckles, "There's no need, but you're welcome, Doctor Lind," He smiles, "Though I had a small part in this, you should be thanking these four instead of me." He offers as he guides his hand to Hange, Erwin, Nile, and Commander Shadis. Tessa nods, "Right, of course!" She chuckles and turns to the group, "Thank you. I don't know how to repay all of you." She confesses, and everyone smiles, but Erwin bows his head, "Just don't drag any of us out of your office, and we'll call it even, Tessa." He chuckles, and Tessa gives him a thumbs-up, "You've got a deal." Tessa nods before looking at Zachary again, "Sir, may I ask what's in store for Commander Tegan and Instructor Alexander?" She asks.

Zachary looks at the papers again and slowly nods, "They'll be arrested and stripped of their military titles," He answered, "I hope it will be justifiable for what they've done to you, Tessa." He said before folding his hands. Tessa felt another wave of relief lifting off her chest when she heard the news, "With them out of the way, no more Cadets or women will deal with what I had to experience. It's more than enough for me, sir," She reassured him, "I must finish packing. If you all will excuse me." Tessa saluted before leaving Zachary's office, only for Hange's voice to stop her, "I'll come and help you, Cat," She said, then looked at Shadis, "If that's alright, Commander Shadis?" Hange asks, and Shadis looks at her before nodding, "Yes, that's acceptable. After the two of you finish, there will be a carriage to take you back to headquarters," Shadis replies, "If you'll excuse us, Erwin and I need to speak to Premier Zachary. In private." He says discreetly, and Hange nods before joining Tessa's side, "Of course, sir. Thank you for helping my friend, Premier Zachary." She salutes and then leaves with Nile following her out.

Flashback Over

After thinking about the memory, Tessa smiles because she finally has achieved her dream and gets to share it with Hange, but a few people are missing from this moment. Tessa picks up the wooden frame off her desk and smiles through her tear-filled eyes. The same drawing that stayed on her desk of Levi in the cavern is now here with her in the Scouts. She gets lost in tracing the details while wiping away the tears escaping. Suddenly Tessa heard something slam against her door, causing her to jump before hearing a muffled "Ow." on the other side, and Tessa shook her head, "Dammit, Zoe." She whispers, then walks over to her door. When she opens it, she sees Hange rubbing the sore spot on her head, "I thought our times in the Cadets that you would remember to knock before bargaining into a room, Zoe." Tessa chuckles, but Hange groans, "Oh, shut it, Cat!" She hisses, "Why did you lock your door?" She asks while readjusting her glasses as she walks in. 

Tessa rolls her eyes while closing the door, "Because I'm still ass deep in all of this paperwork, Zoe," She responds, "After a month of being here, I'm not even close to being done." She sighs, and Hange fake pouts, "Oh, well, you're forgiven then," Hange chuckles, and Tessa raises a brow, "Anyways, I came to see you because I need you to see something!" She squeals, and Tessa narrows her eyes at the auburn-haired woman and sees the familiar mischievous smirk she knew too well, "Okay?" She answers while crossing her arms and raising a brow, yet Hange continues to mischievously grin at her, which now concerns Tessa, "Zoe, what did you do?" She asks, but Hange chuckles, "Just come here," She teases and takes Tessa's hand to her window, "We have recruits joining us today. They're about to arrive." She explains and moves the curtain on the window. Tessa shakes her head and sighs as she joins Hange in spying on the new individuals soon arriving.

It's not long until the girls see the Scouts' flag coming through the Scouts' Headquarters gates as it rests atop the wooden carriage. Hange crosses her arms, "Hmm. I wonder what Erwin's idea about these guys is." She admits, and Tessa shrugs, "It's hard to say, Zoe. Because you know how Erwin is in planning things." She implies, and Hange nods, "Yeah, I suppose. It's just weird, I guess," She confesses in time to see the carriage door open, "Oh, Cat, look!" She says while pointing at the courtyard. Tessa follows Hange's index finger to see three people stepping off the metal steps and taking in the place around them. There were two guys and a girl, so only three. Somehow, Tessa couldn't take her eyes off the one in the middle. She tilted her head as she studied him more because he looked familiar, but she couldn't place how. Suddenly Tessa sees him look up at her window, and she lets out a squeak before hiding behind the curtain. 

While Tessa continues to hide, she doesn't realize that her face has turned red until she sees Hange trying not to laugh, "Shut up, Zoe." She hisses, which only makes Hange laugh, "Haha, Cat, you're turning red," She teases, "Did one of them catch your attention?" She asks through her giggling, but Tessa bites her lip, afraid to answer. She moves the curtain to see the trio below but sees them walking away, "I suppose they all did, Zoe." Tessa admits while walking away from the window, hiding her disappointment by not figuring out the mysterious male in the middle. Tessa sighs before sitting at her desk with the remaining paperwork awaiting her signature, "I reckon I'll miss out on the welcoming committee because I need to get this done." She admits while picking up her pen again, and Hange sighs as she leans against the desk, "Cat, you need to have a break. You've been working on this for days," She protests, "Please, take a break." She pleads as she takes Tessa's hand, but Tessa gives her a weak smile, "I know, Zoe, but I need to finish it," Tessa repeats, "Go. I'll see you in a bit." She says before squeezing Hange's hand, and Hange nods, "I'll be alright." She reassures with a smile, only for Hange to sigh but agree, "Alright," Hange grins while letting go of Tessa's hand, "Don't overdo the paperwork today, please." She pleads as she walks over to the door. After Hange leaves, Tessa returns to the paperwork on her desk. 

While continuing her work, Tessa hears pawed feet walking across the floor, resulting in her putting the papers down to see her black lab, Kip, coming into her office, "Hey, Kipper," Tessa smiles as she pets the top of Kip's head, "Did Zoe send you to check on me?" She asks. Kip became Tessa's dog while she was in the MPs, and he's been by her side ever since. Everyone in the Scouts loved him. Besides Tessa and Hange, Miche and Kip shared a close bond, especially during dinner. Kip sat beside her chair as she continued to pet him. However, a familiar voice made her stop, "No, I did." A voice answered. When Tessa looks up, she sees Erwin leaning against the door, "Erwin, hey," She greets, "What can I do for you?" She asks while standing from her chair. Erwin and Tessa used to know each other when they were little but lost touch when he went to the Cadets before the Scouts. Erwin was another who became like a big brother to her, so Tessa knew the look in his eyes when he stared at the paper-covered desk and then back at her, "You can take a break from that pile. You look exhausted, Tessa," Erwin answered, but Tessa rolled her eyes, "Since I know you won't listen to Hange or me, I figure Kip would convince you." He admitted, and Tessa raised a brow, "Well, I guess your plan backfired, Pretty Boy. Because I plan on finishing this stack." Tessa grins, only for Erwin to shake his head, "You still haven't changed after all these years, Tessa," He smiles, "I'm sorry that I wasn't here for the warm welcome after your transfer." He confesses, but Tessa waves him off, "It's fine, Erwin. I understand the importance of you being a Section-Commander." She reassures him.

Erwin slowly nods before giving Tessa a look, "Tessa, have you?" He asks, but Tessa shakes her head again, "No, I haven't done it yet, but I might do it soon," She warns before meeting Erwin's gaze, whose eyes widen, "What happened?" Erwin asks while folding his arms across his chest. Tessa scoffs as she throws a hand up, "The same shit as always, Erwin, but I can handle it," She chuckles, "Flagon has told everyone not to get too close to me since I'm already with someone," She explains while rolling her eyes, "All I ask is if he does anything tonight to let me handle it, please?" Tessa asks as she leans against her desk. Erwin sighs because Tessa is facing the same problems in the Scouts now, "It's not up to me, Tessa, but I have to inform Commander Shadis about this because it's part of my job." He explains. Erwin knew Tessa could handle the situation because it was just like with Commander Tegan. Plus, Tessa's temper is one not to mess with. However, Erwin wanted to ask her how she learned to fight like that but figured it was from Cadet training.

When Erwin sees Tessa nod to his reason, he breathes a sigh of relief because he knows how Tessa's temper and stubbornness are, "Alright," He replies before clearing his throat, "Now, I suppose Hange told you about the three recruits who arrived earlier today, right?" Erwin asks, and Tessa nods, "Well, there's a girl among them, and I-" He explains, but Tessa stops him, "She can room with Zoe and me," Tessa smiles, then Kip barks, "And Kip, here." She chuckles while scratching Kip's head, resulting in Kip wagging his tail as he enjoys the pets from Tessa. Erwin bows his head, "Thank you, Tessa," He smiles, and then he looks at Kip, "You too, Kip." Kip barks again, which causes Erwin to laugh. Tessa smiles, "You're welcome, Erwin. Now, I have to finish this stack of paperwork before nightfall," Tessa explains, "If you'll excuse me." She says while walking over to her desk, and Erwin nods, "Of course. Thank you again, Tessa." Erwin smiles, then he closes the door to Tessa's office. After Erwin leaves, Tessa resumes finishing the paperwork with Kip resting by her feet.

After a few hours, Tessa finally finished the files on her desk. She sighs while popping her knuckles and looking at the remaining stacks beside the wooden legs. Tessa bites her lip before tapping her index finger on the leather chair, "Maybe Zoe is right," She whispers, "I need to take a break," She admits before standing from her desk, only to feel the kinks in her back, "Ow, ow, ow." Tessa groans as she tries to undo the knots in her back. During her stretch, Tessa notices it's already midafternoon and blinks because she has been in her office that long. She snaps out of her thoughts when Kip's cold nose touches her palm, signaling he is waiting for pets from her. Tessa shakes her head but smiles at her hound, "I suppose you're ready to get out of here too, huh, Kipper?" She asks, and Kip barks. While Tessa continues scratching Kip's head, her door opens, and she turns around to see it's the girl from this morning, but she looks lost. Before Tessa can say hi, Kip runs over to the girl and tackles her, "Shit! I'm so sorry!" Tessa apologizes as she runs over to the girl, only for the girl to laugh, "Haha, it's okay," The girl laughs, "I love animals. He's a cutie." She admits before petting Kip, making him bark, and Tessa smiles, "Thank you. His name is Kip," She smiles while she helps the girl off the floor, "Are you alright?" She asks.

After Tessa helped the girl up, she noticed she had a unique strawberry-red color to her hair, her eyes were emerald green, and she was almost the same height as Tessa. The girl smiles while patting the dust off, "I'm okay, thank you," The girl nods, "Actually, I'm trying to find the women's barracks. My Squad Captain told me to find it on my own, so that's what I'm doing," The girl admits before looking around Tessa's office, "And by the look of this room. I'm lost, so this is great," She huffs, then realizes she hadn't introduced herself, "Oh! I'm Isabel, Isabel Magnolia." Isabel greets while holding her hand out, and Tessa takes it, "Nice to meet you, Isabel. You have a beautiful name," Tessa smiles, "I'm Tessa, Tessa Lind." She replies.

When Tessa revealed who she was, Isabel's eyes widened because she couldn't believe she was staring at the girl Levi had just told Furlan and her a month ago. Isabel knew she had to find Furlan to notify him about Tessa, but how could she do it without letting Levi know? The more Isabel stared at Tessa, the more she discovered why Levi had thought about Tessa so much. Tessa was more beautiful than Isabel had imagined, with long curly ebony black hair, sky-blue eyes, and a smile that gave you hope. Realizing she is still staring, Isabel clears her throat and smiles, "Thank you, Tessa. You have a pretty name also," She compliments before going over to the door, "I should let you get back to work, and I'll go back on my search." Isabel apologizes and then starts to walk out, but Tessa stops her, "Wait, Isabel, I finished for the day," She clarifies, "And you won't have to look for your room because you're with me, my best friend, Zoe, and Kip," She explains, and Kip barks, "So, I can show you to our room if you'd like?" Tessa offers as she opens the door for Isabel, and Isabel smiles, "Really?" She asks, and Tessa nods, "Are you sure you'd want to room with someone from the Underground? Aren't you worried that I'll be filthy?" Isabel asks as she looks down at her clothes.

That's when Tessa recognizes who Isabel's Squad Captain is because the only one to be that judgemental of different people is Flgaon. Tessa puts a reassuring hand on Isabel's arm and shakes her head, "Isabel, you don't have to worry about that. I don't judge people on their backgrounds because I know they don't get to decide where they're from. I am one of the good ones, I promise." She smiles, and she notices Isabel's body becomes less tense. Suddenly Tessa watches Kip walk over to Isabel, and he nudges her hand, "Besides, Kip likes you too." She adds, and Isabel smiles at Tessa and then pets Kip. She started to like Tessa more and more as she continued to talk to her, "Well, I like you and Kip too. Thank you, Tessa," Isabel chuckled, "I'm happy I get to a room with some nice people. Truthfully I was worried because I lived with my two friends for so long, so I thought I would be alone." Isabel admitted, and Tessa nodded, "Well, you're in good hands and paws. I'll promise you and your friends that you'll be okay with me," Tessa smiles and wraps an arm around Isabel's frame, "Shall we go to our room?" She asks, and Isabel nods. 

While walking to their room, Tessa shows Isabel the different pathways to navigate in headquarters, "So, I know it's your first day on the surface, but how do you like it?" Tessa asks as they follow Kip to their room, and Isabel hums as she brings a finger to her chin, "Hm, there are so many things I can think of," She smiles, then her eyes widen, "Oh! The sweet smell of flowers was the first thing I liked." Isabel beams as she looks out the windows. When Isabel reveals that she loves the smell of flowers, Tessa smiles at her excitement, "Well, that's great because it ties into something I made as a 'welcome to the Scouts' gift," Tessa admits, and Isabel gasps, "You don't have to take it if you don't want to." Tessa explains, only for Isabel to stop her, "Tessa, thank you for that. I've never received a gift, so this will be my first one." She admits as her opinions about Tessa keep getting better and better. 'Levi is a lucky guy to have someone like her.' Isabel thought as she continued to walk with Tessa and Kip.

Seeing Isabel enjoy her welcome gift makes Tessa smile, "You're welcome, Isabel," She says before tapping the box of tea leaves, "The tea leaves are from my stock. The two ingredients are honey and chamomile. They can help you sleep better. I give it to all of my patients after I visit them, and the journal is for you to keep to document your journeys or thoughts," Tessa explained as she wiped the tear that had formed, "Whatever you decide to write, let it bring you happiness and peace." She smiled. That saying has always remained with Tessa since she could remember, and Isabel grins before hugging Tessa, "Thank you, Tessa. I promise I will." Isabel smiled as she put the sketch inside her brand-new journal. After Isabel put her diary away, Tessa helped her set up her things in the room, and Kip jumped on the bottom bunk and watched over the duo. Tessa shared the many things she knew about the surface, and in return, Isabel shared some funny stories from the Underground.

Whenever Isabel talked about Furlan and Levi, she called Levi 'Bro' instead because she wanted to hide his identity from Tessa since she was planning the surprise reunion for them. After the girls finish with the room, they take a short break until Hange bursts through the door, "Hiya!" Hange squeals as she grabs Isabel's hand, "Zoe Hange. It's so nice to meet you!" She beams while squeezing Isabel's hand, and Tessa jumps up to help Isabel, "Zoe, you're going to break her hand," She protests as she frees Isabel's hand, "I'm sorry, Isabel. Zoe gets excited over new things and people, but you'll grow to love her!" Tessa chuckles as she squeezes Hange, only for Hange to roll her eyes, "Shut up, Cat!" Hange chuckles as she shoves Tessa. Hange adjusts her jacket and then looks at Isabel, "I apologize for being late. I went looking for the guy Tessa was admiring from her window earlier. He was one of the guys that arrived with you, Isabel." She explains, which makes Isabel raise a brow and become intrigued by who Tessa was looking at earlier. She notices Tessa's cheeks reddened from the reveal and laughs, "Which one was it, Zoe?" Isabel asks, "Maybe I can help you out." She offers before winking at Tessa. 

Before Tessa can clamp Hange's mouth shut, Hange speaks, "He was the one with the undercut, and I think his hair was black. Tessa couldn't stop looking at him." Hange teases, but Tessa groans, "You guys, can we-" She starts to beg, but it's too late because Isabel stops her, "You were looking at Bro, weren't you, Tessa!" She shouts, and Tessa's eyes widen. Isabel hides her smirk as she notices Tessa's embarrassed complexion, 'This day keeps getting better and better! Wait until Furlan hears about this!' She thought as she saw Tessa's face go completely red and speechless. Tessa runs her fingers through her ebony tresses, and her neat curls are now a mess. Tessa scratches the back of her head, "M-Maybe?" Tessa winces from the embarrassment, "Shit. There's no way I'm getting out of this, am I?" She asks when she sees Hange and Isabel smirking, "Nope." The duo answers with a laugh, then Hange looks at Isabel, "Isabel. Would you and your friends like to join us for dinner in the mess hall?" She asks while wrapping an arm around Isabel's neck, to which Isabel nods, "Of course. I would love to, but I'll need to let Furlan and Bro know," Isabel answers, "Do we have time to go find them, Zoe?" She asks while grabbing her jacket. Hange smirks when she notices Tessa's messy curls before looking at Isabel, "Yeah, plus, we can give Tessa time to fix herself before dinner," She teases, only for Tessa to raise a brow at what she means, "Come on, Kip, you can come with us," She says, resulting Kip to jump off the bed and joining the girls, "Cat, we'll see you at dinner. Don't forget to fix up your curls." Hange repeats before she closes the door.

After they leave, Tessa is still confused by what Hange means until she sees herself in the mirror, causing her to shriek because her curls are a mess, and her face is flustered and sweaty, "Oh, God! Have I looked like this all day?" She asks herself as she touches her face. Tessa checks the time on her watch to see that she has fifteen minutes until dinner, "Zoe's right. I have to clean myself up since I don't want to make a bad impression on Isabel's friends, She admits while grabbing a new set of clothes, then goes to the bathroom and starts her shower, "I just need to be quicker than what I'm used to." Tessa says while stripping her old clothing off before jumping in the shower. For some reason, Tessa was nervous, but she didn't know why. After changing, Tessa brushes her long ebony curls while checking her watch for the time. She had only ten minutes left until dinner, "Shit." She mutters before quickly tossing her old clothes in the bin and leaving the bathroom.

Tessa goes over to the vanity to style the curls and takes a deep breath, "Just breathe, Tess," She whispered, "Just breathe." She repeats while trying to calm her anxiety. After calming her nerves, Tessa stands from the mirror to grab her knife off the bed and begin cleaning it, only to stop and admire the metal blade, "Oh, Levi, I wish you were here." She whispers as she clutches the hilt in her hand. Tessa kisses the knife, and then she puts it in her boot. After wiping her tears, Tessa grabs her jacket and goes to the door. However, before Tessa could leave her room, she realized she had to give a list to Shadis. While Tessa loved being in the Scouts, other patients needed her. There were a few people in Trost that she needed to see because it was time for their checkups. Suddenly Tessa realizes the list is still in her office, "Can today get any more problematic for me?" She groans while walking out the door and heads back to her office. When Tessa looks at her watch again, she sees she will be late for dinner, "Fucking hell." She mutters before rustling her hair again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 539 11
Levi feels captive to the admirable features of one of his friends, and after he's completely fallen, he can't help but desire to grow closer to Ligh...
344K 9K 83
Gwen Regaey, or is that really her name? She was 17, she knew nothing about her past, she believed her family died in the hands of humanity's enemies...
7.5K 285 24
You've worked your whole life to join the military. The child of two Military Police officers, orphaned as a young teen, you have always focused on y...
31.7K 423 12
Fem reader x Levi Ackerman Y/n has been part of the Scouts for a few years now and has made friends with the new recruits (Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and t...