Bad Intentions

By lisasinghh

I shook my head at him. This is his game. But that doesn't mean I can't master it. I gave him a seductive smi... More

Preview
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Announcement! 🚨
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three

Fourty-Six

17.3K 533 181
By lisasinghh

Leah

"I can't believe you." I told Kayla as I poured a bag of potato chips into a bowl that was shaped like and pumpkin.

"Believe what?" She questioned innocently grabbing a chip from the bowl.

I shot daggers her way. "You just had to go and invite the popular trio to my house. Isn't Halloween movie night our thing?"

We were currently setting up all the snacks and drinks for the movie marathon. Kayla made sure to add extra decorations to the ones my mom put up. It looked like I was walking into a Halloween decoration store.

Don't get my wrong, I love decorations as much as any other person.

But this was over the top.

Everywhere I turned there was either a pumpkin, jack-o-lantern or a witch's hat. Spider webs and fake spiders all over the ceiling. Purple, green, orange lights were wrapped around the staircase, the kitchen counters and all around my living room.

And for an extra touch. Halloween confetti. And it was everywhere.

Everywhere.

I sure hope she was planning on cleaning all that up.

"I thought you were close with Ian and Luke?" She arched a brow.

"I am. They're awesome." I answered placing some sugar cookies shaped as ghost on a platter.

"But?" She added.

"But what?"

"But Jace."

Just the sound of his name made my heart rate quicken. I wasn't prepared for the awkwardness that lies ahead this evening.

With Jace and Nate in the same room. And for more than five minutes. I don't know just exactly how that will play out. Especially since Jace and I were in a 'relationship'. This was definitely a test of how well we can keep up this act in front of Nate.

One slip up and he would know I've been lying about this 'relationship' from the very beginning.

Even though Nate has confessed his feeling for me, that was all the more of a reason to prove to him that I wasn't going to run into his arms and to keep up this façade.

Plus, with these 'feelings' for Jace, I just wasn't sure what to do.

Do actually like him? I might? I don't know. I think I do.

My feelings for Nate? Do I still have them? Do I like him still? I just don't know.

So many questions.

Why can't my love life be simple?

"You do remember Jace and I are technically in a 'relationship'." I told her and Kayla's eyes widen.

"This is going to be the first time that Nate and Jace will be around each other." She added. "Oh my god. I totally forgot!"

"Clearly." I took the bowl of chips into the living room.

"What are you going to do?" She exclaimed dropping onto the couch.

"Play the game I signed up for." I told her nonchalantly.

"This is going to interesting."

"You have no idea." I told her as the doorbell rung. We looked at each other.

Kayla waved her hands towards the door signaling for me to open it. I groaned, but made my way there.

Ready or not.

It begins.

I swung open my front door to be met with Nate and Jace standing there. Their eyes landed on me, neither acknowledging the other's presence.

I know I said I was ready, but I wasn't expect them at the same time! This was a sight to see. I never in a million years expect these two to be at my doorstep at the same time.

I was stunned. No words were forming. I was already fumbling from the start.

"Hey guys!" Kayla said coming to my rescue. "Come on in." She grabbed Nate's arm. "Let's leave the lovely couple alone, I have to show you the cool spiders." She pulled him into the house and away from Jace and I before he could get a word in.

"Hey." I said awkwardly. Why was I acting like this? Your guess is as good as mine.

Jace quirked a brow as he stepped into the house. "Are you okay? You looked like you just saw a ghost." He joked.

That put a smile on my face. "Very funny."

"I mean it's Halloween after all." He grinned.

I shook my head at his cheesiness, but kept my smile. Jace always has this way to calm my nerves.

I felt eyes on us and I knew they weren't Kayla's.

Sell it, Leah.

I stood on my tip toes and wrapped my arms around Jace's neck pulling him into a hug.

It seemed like he was surprised by the action because it took him a moment to respond. His arms wrapped around my waist pulling me in closer. The scent of his intriguing cologne filled my senses.

"I know this is probably the last thing on your mind." I whispered into his ear. "But if can just remember our deal tonight and help me sell this relationship I will be grateful."

Jace pulled away slightly and looked into my eyes. His own swirling as a smirk landed on his lips. His eyes saying something different from the rest of his features, but I couldn't pinpoint it.

"You think I forgot about our deal?" He asked. "Our game?"

I rolled my eyes at the mention of the 'game'.

"Don't worry." He gave me a wink. "I can sell it. I might even do it well enough that you think it's the real deal."

I almost forgot how big of a jerk Jace could be.

Almost.

"Whatever." I said dismissively. I moved to close the front door when a hand stopped it.

"Who is ready for some Halloween movies?" I heard Luke's voice say as he entered the house with Ian.

"Sorry we're late." Ian apologized. "Someone insisted on stopping and getting our hostess a gift."

My mood brightened at the sound of 'gift'. "Oo what did you get?" I said excitedly.

"You're gonna love us." Luke stated matter of factly and I raised a brow. Someone is confident. "Show her." He directed to Ian.

Ian pulled out a white box from his side.

"No you didn't!" I squealed opening the box to be met with the delicious scent of freshly baked cookies. Not any cookies. The best double chocolate chip cookies in the whole town. These were Halloween decorated with purple, green and orange chocolate chips and sprinkles.

My absolute favorite cookies!

"Have I ever told you guys how much I love you?" I said taking the box excitedly.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind hearing it again." Ian said.

"Yeah me too." Luke included.

"You guys know exactly the way to a girl's heart." I was literally jumping up and down from excitement.

"Take some notes, Jace." Luke teased him.

"Yeah man, you should know this stuff." Ian added. I giggled at the digs being made towards him.

Jace narrowed his eyes towards his best friends and grabbed the box of cookies from my hands. "What's so great about cookies?" He muttered walking toward the kitchen. 

I laughed and so did the guys. "Make yourself at home. There's a ton of snacks and drinks."

"Your decorations are so cool." Luke said looking around the house. "How did you do all of this?"

"Actually some of it was my doing." Kayla said approaching Luke.

He smiled and greeted her and they started talking about the decorations.

"Hook, line and sinker." Ian whispered to me.

"I thought so too." I told him smiling. "Go make yourself comfortable. I'm gonna go check on your grumpy friend."

"Good luck with that." He said. "Oo, is that chocolate covered Oreos?" He pointed to on the living room table and I nodded.

"Only the best for the best." I gave him a wink.

"If Jace doesn't snatch you up soon, I will. Tell him to watch his back." He said walking towards the Oreos.

I chuckled and walked to the kitchen and towards Jace who was opening the cookie box. "Ian said to watch your back, that he's going to steal me from you."

"I like to see that asshole try." He said.

"I mean he is already had two up on you. He took me on a date and brought me my favorite cookies. As my boyfriend you are slacking."

Jace's jaw was unhinged. "Well, excuse me." He mocked.

"You got to step it up, or he might just swipe me from you." I teased.

Jace reached towards me and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. Such a small motion ignited a flame with in me.

He tilted my chin up and looked me in the eyes with a devious smile. He knew what he does to me and loves every moment. "Like I said I would like to see him try."

Out of  habit, I bit my bottom and his eyes flashed down in an instant.

I heard someone clear their throat causing us to break away from each other. I looked over to see Nate at the entrance of the kitchen. Irritation filled his features.

"We're starting the movies." He said and walked back into the living room.

I glanced over to Jace who only worn a smirk on his lips.

This was going to be one hell of an interesting night.

***

Hello loves!

Did we enjoy this chapter?! I enjoyed writing it!

I love the little Jace and Leah moments ❤️

Are we looking forward for more?

I have so much more in stored!

Don't forget to

Vote (goal 50)

Comment (goal 25)

Share

Lisa S.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 87.6K 55
17 year old, Elena Hawkins thought she was going to be done with boys forever. What Nate Thompson did to her in the fifth grade was unacceptable. She...
42.1K 1.7K 34
"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very angry face. I have never seen a girl this...
3.1M 80.6K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
313K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...