Secrets Must Be Hidden (Batma...

By newsies_fan123

BAD DESCRIPTION SORRY Scarlet has been looked after by Bruce Wayne for many years living the normal life. Un... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Reunion
Chapter 2: The Long Mission
A/N UPDATE SOON
Chapter 3: Fair
Chapter 4: The Gala
Chapter 5: Rooftop Meet Up
Scarlet and Tim's Friendgroup
Chapter 7: The Wing and The Hood
Chapter 8: Just Tell Her.
Chapter 9: Becoming Detectives
Chapter 10: Maze pt1
Chapter 11: Maze Part Two
Chapter 12: Overwhelmed
Chapter 13: The Attic Club
Lore Book
This is why I will always Update
Mini Series !
Decision Made
Chapter 14: Roy Harper
Chapter 15: The Curious Meeting
RED HOOD STORY
Update in June
NEW BOOK COVER !

Chapter 6: The New Student at Gotham Academy

307 6 0
By newsies_fan123

This chapter is a little better. BTW there are spelling mistakes but I am too tired to look at them!

Scarlet chewed her gum as her registration teacher talked about all the announcements the princieable had in mind. The class heads were forward as their eyes glared at the bell to hopefully ring out. Instead of thinking of the test next class, or wondering what to do after school, or even how to skip third period where Mr Burns would irritate her out of her mind. Scarlet thought of that night at the gala. How the message caused such anxeity that everyone left without a trace. She was lucky that she wasn't effected badly by the incident but kept on thinking of what could be next?

Since then the news reporters have been saying their theories of this particular matter. How if another message may appear and where it could be? If this was all a stunt for more people to go to the museum? Is something big going to happen?..... Majority of the city have been effected by the Joker. So it was reasonable that they were getting stressed over the matter. Families had been broken, people had scars that reminded them every day of that horrid laugh, money had been wasted rebuilding everything again and again. Though Scarlet had many privileges now in her life, her adoptive dad being a millionaire and all, her mind always traced back to her childhood. How she is very grateful and lucky to have the lifestyle she has now. While walking down the halls to her class, her mind went out to all the families being scared over the Joker. Many couldn't even afford rent let alone escape the city from this crazy man. Some didn't have good security to stop robbers entering their homes. Maybe if she asked Bruce to help form a group or ask to help build a safe bunker or something for them all?

She sat next to Charlie who was rested her head on her hand "What's getting you down?" Scarlet took her books out while shaking her head " I don't know. Just all this Joker stuff is making feel kinda.... sick? Just knowing so many people are scared and there is nothing we can do" Charlie then comforted her saying the Joker hasn't been sited in years. Just someone wanted attention and making everyone scared. Why would the Joker return to Gotham? He had the power to take advantage of the White House if he wanted. Though it seems they weren't the only ones talking about the recent incident. Tray, a boy who was always good at bringing up topics in class, began discussing how the Joker was probably wanting revenge on batman.

"That's so dumb. Like don't they have better things to do?"

"They are crazy people! What do you expect?"

"What ever happens it won't effect us"

"What happens if another message appears?"

Soon the teacher quietened the class down before more theories were created. They all began writing the first question down when some people came into class late. Most were Scarlet's classmates, most likely messing around in the halls to realise they were going to be late, until she spotted the last boy. He was slightly smaller than the rest of them, though she didn't know how accurate she was while sitting down, while his built was quite muscular. Nothing too extreme but defnentiy could tell he did sport for a year or two. His skin was pale as his hair was dark brown with a curl. The uniform was smartly present but was ruffled a bit by running or wanting to fit into the crowd a little. Charlie and Scarlet made eye contact with each other before secretly extanging notes.

Have you seen him before? - C

No. Year below? -S

Nah. He looks like a senior. Bet he is new!! -C

Should we talk? - S

Probs found his crowd I think - C

They both looked up to him chatting away to some boys near him.

Yeah just leave it - S

Soon enough the bell rang out to lead them all for further classes. She spotted Tim in the hall which Charlie called him over for. He waved while yawning, Scarlet guessing that he was playing games last night, and indicated how he was going the other way. Scarlet raised an eyebrow "That's weird. His next class is down this way" Charlie mentioned on how might've needed to speak to Ms Zeek about accessing the computer room at lunch and how he was thinking of taking an extra subject anyways. "Yeah, but he's guareteened to get into college anyways. I don't know what he is doing wanting to do more" Scarlet shrugged thinking about how he would discuss this later on at the manor.

Tim always overworked. Even from when they were kids. Scarlet remembered him spending hours and days ensuring all the Lego builds were completed and had 100% in every game they played. I guess in the long run it worked, as she could never win against him. However, she couldn't help but have a small sick feeling deep within her that he wasn't just visiting about a computer room....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim leaned against the only wall around a small corner that he knew no security would see. His face scrunched looking at his watch before seeing Damian come towards him. "You took your time" He walked over. Damian put his hand up saying how it was unlikely he would get to the high school quickly all the way from the other side of the building. Before Tim could jokinlying sneak in a comment about how maybe Damian might not be the best robin, he reported about nothing seemed off yet. "I hacked the school security about any package arrivals or any teacher transfers. Everything seemed the same for the new year and haven't seen anything weird. And I also checked all the halls for trackers" Damian rolled his eyes "And I checked the colouring room. Ugh.We should be on patrol-" Tim inturputed saying this is the only option hey have. Dick and Jason were solving things outside in the city. "But a school? Please" The younger boy crossed his arms "I know it's full of rich kids but it's not like anything is being held here"

Tim didn't want to admit it but it was true. In fact, apart from being a target, the Joker probably wouldn't want to use the school music rooms or labs for his evil plans. However, orders are orders. And if there is a slight chance the place might be connected of the Joker might show up to try and take kids hostaged then they needed to stay alert. Tim and Damian came up of a plan about how at lunch they will sneak into the roof. As they both haven't explored it yet and also very, very bored during their school patrol.

The bell introduced more students to the halls whiched made the boys realise they should go back to class. Hopefully something will turn up Tim thought.

---------------------------------------------------------

"That's so gross"

Raidan finished a whole massive carton of milk he recently bought at the shops. Wendy and Scarlet looked in disgust, with a hint of dissapointment, seeing the boy so happy about how he finished it under two minutes. Usually Scarlet would back him up but the thought of having milk as a drink and not mixed within coffee of cerel made her vomit in her mind. With Charlie giving him praise, and trying to make it a compotision, it let Scarlet look for Tim. Him not turning up made her more worried than before. She sent a text to ensure he was okay.

Yes! Just checking on Damian. Ms Zeek he was in a fight again and wanted me to calm him down. See ya soon!!!! - Timmy

"Ugh, Bruce is going to be happy" Scarlet muttered and hoped her friends changed subjects while her mind focused on them. Joel had just joined them "Why does it smell like milk so much here?" Scarlet put a hand up so that there would be no more discussions about the horrid version of the drink "Anyways, there is a new guy here" Joel fixed his glasses "Was made to show him about for a bit before someone took over. He seemed nice enough" Everyone nodded remembering how they saw him earlier on. Wendy spoke saying how she must have missed him, however, after Charlie pointed to a table noticed the boy straight away. "Meh, could hang out with better people" She commented harshly. "Hey, that group isn't that bad. They just having annoying people like Tray. At least they aren't in Finn's group" Everyone shuddered hearing the other people's names. They were associated with boasting about wealth and treating others poorly with respect. While the new students group was kind of annoying at least it wasn't full of racists.

"I'm sure we will see him at parties at some point" Scarlet mentioned "But there like he isn't a big deal to me" Everyone looked at him once more. And for a minute more. Until Charlie broke the silence "I think he is good looking" ".....Yeahh" They all nodded in approval until they started pointing out the things they liked about him. Charlie enjoyed his curly hair and how it looked perfect for someone to play with it while Raidan talked about his jawline shaped his face well. "His smile seems so cute" Wendy rested her head cheek on her hand "I his laugh seems cute too" Joel added. Scarlet slightly agreed with them all. He seemed like a lovely guy. But just like everyone else in the group, he was only for admiring from far away.

"What about you, Scarlet?" Raidan asked while they left for class. Scarlet shrugged. He just was like every other good looking guy in school "You know me, Raidan. I haven't been really lovely dovey for that stuff in a while. Of course there was that time with Zoe,,,and Jackson from basketball ...and maybe Millie.... But! Apart from that he is just a guy" Raidan laughed "Ha! I was only asking. But knowing you, you will not be interested until he starts talking to someone else" Scarlet biting her lip looked at her friend and shook her head "If you say sooooooo" He joked before splitting ways with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlet was waiting for Tim and Damian just at the doors of the main entrance. She had called them four times until Tim finally picked up "Where are you?" Tim looked down onto the ground before looking at Damian anyalsying the roof and collecting samples for the bat cave "We will be out soon! Just em...eh waiting in the office. Just sit with Alfred right now or text him" Scarlet was then led with a hang up which made a graon leave her mouth. She looked around the entrance of the school and out of boredom went to see the notice board. Maybe a new club might be on? See scanned the various pages of of colourful sheets until there was nothing left to look at. There was a missing dog poster up that she took notice of but apart from that there wasn't much there. She soon then got startled by a voice. "Hello" she jumped back to look.

It was the new student who was now awkwardly apologising to her "I am so sorry. Just was wanting to see what clubs that were on" Scarlet laughed a little nodding before they both turned their heads to the board. "Do you do any?" Scarlet pointed how she helps with keyboard classes and tries her best to go to basketball. However, she ends up using her time for studying. "Little study geek then" He joked which Scarlet had awkwardly laughed at again. She was going to make her escape when he asked "Is chess club good?" Crossing her arms with a smile, Scarlet laughed "And you called me a geek?" There was the a discussion on how Tim usually runs the club but there is no crazy culture of intense games at the school or anything. The two students then ended up chatting away as they walked towards the main entrance.

It was actually his second day at the school but no one seemed to notice him the other day. He seemed to enjoy it much more today and Scarlet asked "So did you move city of something?" "Yeah," he nodded "My dad wanted to move here to get some business done? I think he was going to work with Tray's dad" Scarlet nodded "Yeah. Like that dude is loaded. Probably the riches man in the whole city" He nodded saying he knew from reading the papers and from what his dad said. His dad also mentioned about how Gotham would be a good start to moving forward "Not to trauma dump but my dad just broke up with his girlfriend and...well needs to get away" Scarlet nodded. The question about his mum was in the air but realised it probably was not a good time to ask. To ensure there was no awkward tension she responded "Well, I know you have sorted a little group already but I am always here to chat" She smiled at the end. A phone rang and she noted Tim was outside waiting on her. How did he get there???

"Gotta go, but will catch later okay?" The boy then piped up "Oh..em not in a weird way but what is your insta? I am just trying to make friends and kinda know everyone sorry and em.." "Oh it's no worries!" Scarlet took her phone out for him to put his user in and he did the same for her. When she got her phone back she smirked looking up at him "Jake? Nice name" There wasn't many pictures apart from one of him at a fancy dinner. It consisted of him wearing a lovely black suit with a designer tie around his neck. She secretly bit her lip while looking. It was now his turn to look at her profile "Scarlet Wayne. You're Wayne?... I am so sorry if I bothered you. I hope Mr Wayne-"

Scarlet put her hand up with a laugh "You have done nothing wrong. And Bruce is not mad. But he will be with my brother's later on" She quickly waved cloeccting her bag and heading to the big doors "Bye, Jake!"

-----------------------------------------

The limo door slammed shut as Scarlet glared at the two brothers. They both tried not to laugh seeing her reaction and also hearing Alfred getting annoyed about how she should not treat the limo like that, no matter the mood. "Whatever" she muttered "Let's go home"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40 1 10
"What do you have to hide? An unrequited love perhaps?" Bruce Wayne is dead and that has took a toll on everyone. Gotham mourns the billionaire, but...
231K 8.2K 38
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...
716 19 14
This is just a reality show fanfic about the Batfamily being crackheads while being vigilantes. The TV show can only be watched by the Batfam, the Ju...
59 0 16
Jason's back after seven years away. How's Batdad and the gang going to react to his return? How will they feel about the additions he's brought with...