Masked

By paige021198

What If the Yule ball was a masquerade ? What if no one knew who anyone was until the unmasking at midnight... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Epilogue
Authors note

Chapter Thirty One

51.6K 1.6K 1.6K
By paige021198

Things happened so fast Hermione could barely think. One minute they were discussing about Ravenclaws lost diadem when the entire school shook and broke out in chaos. It was time. Voldemort had come. War had began.

"Slow down!" Hermione called as Ron pulled her down to the chamber of secrets. Ron had the brilliant idea of the basilisk fang to destroy the horcruxes. Upon hearing this, Ron and Hermione took off running to the girls bathroom.

With the fang clutched in her hand, Hermione leaned over the golden cup. On the count of 3, one....two....three. It released an ear piercing shriek and a wave of water rushed into the air. Feeling Ron grab her arm, she was yanked back as they ran down the chamber. The water, at a glance, took the face of Salazar Slytherin.

Suddenly the wave died and crashed over them soaking Hermione to the bone. Both panting Ron turned to her and grabbed her face leaning in for a kiss. With a hand to his chest she pushed him back, her heart breaking more.

Ron looked at her feeling ashamed. "I-I'm sorry....I know that...he's gone...and you still l-love him...I just wanted to know what it would be like to kiss you all these years." At the mention of Draco being dead or dying brought tears to her eyes. She had lost her Slytherin prince.

Dead. So many were dead. Hermione walked down the isles of deceased bodies in the great hall. With each passing step tears pricked in her eyes. Tonks and Remus and so many more were gone. Little Ted would grow up with out a mother or father. She could see that the couples hands were just touching. Another blow to her heart. And then she saw it. The crowd of weeping red heads.

Fred Weasley was laying lifeless on the ground. Ron broke down to his knees beside his brother and allowed himself to cry for the loss. All around Hermione were dead faces of ones she knew and wounded fighters waiting to be healed. And all she could think about was that she had lost another person dear to her. Fred was gone. Tonks, a good friend of hers, was gone. Remus was gone. And Draco was gone.

Hermione sat upon the stairs and allowed herself to weep for all her decreased friends. The witch allowed herself to weep for the boy she loved. Suddenly she felt an arm around her shoulders. Looking up she saw the worn face of Professor Mcgonagall. In her eyes, Hermione saw was sadness, sorrow and sympathy. "Are you hurt dear? We have a healer open if you are." Hermione only shook her head.

"I'm afraid there is no healing potion for the pain felt in ones heart. Only time. I know you have lost so many, but you must keep strong if we are to win. When you raise that wand of yours, think of everyone you love who is gone. Fight for them." Smoothing over the girls damp hair and stood and dusted off her robes. "Fight for Mr. Malfoy, Hermione."

How was it she knew about them? There was almost an amused glint in the professors eyes when she saw the young witch's reaction. If only Hermione knew that Mcgonagall had been studying the Marauders Map and happened to find the foot steps of Hermione and Draco together. Very often. She had confiscated the map from a certain dark haired boy one evening and decided to keep it for herself. The only words out of Hermione's mouth were "I will."

The witch remained on the stairs, until a commotion caught her attention. Students and parents made their way out of the great hall out the front door of Hogwarts. Hermione, curious, followed and managed to push her way to the front with Ron, Ginny, Neville and Luna.

Before them stood the Dark Lord and his followers. Death eaters stood behind their leader as Voldemort took a few steps forward to address the crowd of students. Hermione recognized Bellatrix, her hand instantly going through her arm, and Draco's parents. Narcissa looked up to find the gaze of Hermione. Her lips parted, finally realizing that was the girl her son had given his life for.

Voldemort then spoke up, gesturing to Hagrid. Who seemed to be carrying something, a figure. "You see? Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!" A cry for Ginny filled the air once they all realized Harry was dead in Hagrids arms. "He allowed so many to die for him." The dark lord concluded by giving few of so many names who had died. Ginny was crying in Ron's arms.

"Fred Wesley, Draco Malfoy, Remus lupin." He continued with a few more and then lastly Harry's name was added to the list. But Hermione didn't hear. She had collapsed to her knees upon hearing Draco's name. The inevitable had been answered. Draco was dead. " Harry Potter is dead! And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us or die." Voldemort called out to the Hogwarts crowd.

Hermione heard the gasp of all students and felt the crowd part behind her. Lifting her face she turned to look at the doors that lead into Hogwarts, a place she called home, and to the figure standing there.

"Oh I'm not dead. And neither is Harry Potter."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 21 11
hi! this story is about a relationship between draco malfoy from harry potter and y/n (which means 'your name') the story will switch perspectives ev...
361K 9.6K 50
The Battle of Hogwarts has ended. The damage has been repaired and the school is re opening. Life in the wizarding world is resuming and everyone is...
212K 5.4K 54
Love is a curious thing. You can find it in the most unlikely of places and I happened to find it under the stars that night in the Astronomy Tower...
3.2K 59 25
The seventh part of un unforgettable story. A Wizarding World Story Lucy's future has been planned out for her since she first met Draco. Now they ar...