Hold You Down

By HippyHilda

(Book #2: Rich Kids series) Brooklyn and Travis have been tight for over 13 years. They've always been the i... More

2| Travis
3| Brooklyn
4| Travis
5| Brooklyn
6| Travis
7| Brooklyn
8| Travis
9| Brooklyn
10| Travis
11| Brooklyn
12| Travis
13| Brooklyn
14| Travis
15| Brooklyn
16| Travis
17| Brooklyn
18| Travis
19| Epilogue

1| Brooklyn

1.5K 41 2
By HippyHilda

"Happy Birthday, baby mama. I can't believe you growing up on me," Travis snuck up from behind me as I was going through my locker. I turned around and smiled at the sound of his voice.

"Thank you Travie. Where you been fool? I didn't see you in AP Lit today..." I shut my locker, waiting for his explanation and his flushing red face said it all.

"Let me guess, Marco?" I murmured with a dry expression.

"B, don't make that face. He didn't have classes this morning, so we spent some time together. I don't see any harm in that." Travis argued.

"Yeah, if you say so. It's already February and I really don't want you crying to me in June because you missed too many classes and can't graduate," I sighed as I tried to speak some sense into him about his sudden nonchalant behavior in regards to school. 

"I understand that you guys are in lovers land, but at this point we need to be in focus mode. Have you considered what schools you looking at?" My brows furrowed with inquiry.

'Yes, of course..."

"Ok, and? When did you plan talking about it with me? I thought we were looking at schools together."

"Um, well you know I got the scholarships coming in for basketball so my options pretty deep. Plus, I've been on Southern Cal's campus so many times. It's looking like my top choice," he said with a soft smile on his face.

"I thought you were trying to get out of Cali for college. Why the sudden change?" I asked, while placing my hand on my hip as if I didn't already know the answer to the question.

Travis bit down on his lip before replying to me. "Um, I might've changed my mind. USC will be good for me: I get a free ride, it's a great school, and it doesn't hurt that Marco and Sky go there as well."

I smacked my teeth and shook my head. "You don't hardly care that Sky go there. I know this all has to do with Marco, but don't give too much of yourself and you end up with nothing."

"Not with this lecture again, please stop."

I raised my hands to surrender that I was done trying to advise him. "Whatever. I'm about to go to Izzy house to get ready for my B-day dinner tonight. Do you need a ride home?"

He gandered down at his phone and by the look on his face that it was none other than, Marco. Very convenient.

"Hello? Lover boy, are you there?"

I waved my hands in his face to regain his attention, something that seemed impossible to get these days.

"No, I'm good. I got basketball practice. If I miss it again, Bam gone be on my ass. I'll see you at your dinner later for sure," he said with a convincing grin before pecking my forehead.

"Yeah, whatever. You better not leave me hanging this time, Trav."

"B, I got you. I'll be the first one there with your gift ready to go baby mama. So just chill," he reassured me.

"Ok, fine. I'll see you later then." I said as we parted ways in the hallway.

"Hey. Ms. Zuko may I have a word with you?" The sound of a familiar low voice that I hadn't heard all year caught my attention. I quickly spun around to make sure that I wasn't tripping and it definitely was him.

"Yes, Mr. Mason..."

He made a simple head gesture, signaling that he wanted to go inside the empty classroom beside us. I lead the way in and he followed suit. When we got inside, there was a strong sense of uneasiness that took over my body.

"Ok, you wanted to talk...talk."

Gabe took his hands out of both his pockets and in one hand was a diminutive size box. He walked closer and held it out for me to take.

"What's this?" I questioned his motive at this point considering the fact that we hadn't been in personal contact with each other in some time.

His mouth formed an alluring grin that was still undeniable. "Happy 18th Birthday, B." I gave him a small smile and shook my head.

"Thank you, but I can't take that." He sighed deeply as a sign of frustration and ran his hand through his brown head of hair.

"I want you to have it, now here." Gabe opened my hand and put the small box in my possession.

"Do you buy birthday gifts for all your former students?" I slightly joked and he chuckled softly before answering.

"No, this is a first..." He started, before seeming conflicted by if he should continue talking. "Then again, I didn't fall in love with any of my other students either."

Instead of giving in to this moment that I had waited for, I ran. "I gotta go. See you around Mr.Mason." I rushed out of the room before he could say anything else and made my way outside to my car.

I sat in the parking lot for a while just staring at the box, thinking that it would open itself. I did not even have the balls to open it, so I tossed it in the backseat and started up my car.

My thought process as I drove to Izzy's house was screwed up because all I could think about Gabe.

Why did he get me a gift?

Is he trying to rekindle our relationship?

Is it because I'm legal now?

Those were just a few of the burning questions running through my head and I didn't like how he still has me wrapped right around his finger without even trying.

"Pull yourself together, B. He dumped you, remember..." I mumbled to remind myself of the hurt he caused me.

When I pulled up to Izzy's house, there was a shirtless guy outside washing her car. I had never seen him before, but by the dreads alone I assumed that it was the infamous twin brother that went to broading school for a while.

"You're staring. See something you like?" Hearing his raspy voice caught me off guard, mainly, because I didn't know I was staring him down.

"My bad," I said clearing my throat as I walked to the porch.

"It's cool. I'm Isaac, Izzy's brother." he said, introducing himself when walking over to me.

"Uh, hi. I'm Brooklyn Z-"

"Brooklyn Zuko...I'm aware, very aware." Isaac's charming grin got even bigger and it made me slightly skeptical.

"Aware of what exactly?"'

"Eh, depends on who you ask. Anyway, the door is open so you can go in," he deflected from my original question, but I shook it off and strolled to the front door.

"Oh, and by the way I'm aware of you too," I pointed out and he cackled before turning picking up his soapy sponge from the bucket.

"Well, everything is true until proven otherwise."

*

"Hey, B. Happy Birthday boo." I turned away from my group of people to see Skylar standing behind me with a gift bag.

"Thank you so much. Preciate you for coming, Sky."

"Aww, it's nothing. I can't believe you 18, like that's crazy. Now, you can come visit on campus and get in the parties legally," she joked.

"Yes, we'll be lit for real." I looked around for a particular person, but had no luck.

"You seen Travie?"

Sky shook her head, no. "Nah, I thought he was coming with you and I was gone drive him home because it seems like he's always busy nowadays." I just sighed.

"I thought it was just me that was noticing that. On a lighter note, how's Lauren and the baby?" Sky's face lit up just thinking about it.

"Mannn, that little boy is really ev-ery-thing. I just wish I didn't have to leave and come back to LA so soon."

"Aww, you sound so cute talking about your god son little Nasir." I giggled.

"I still can't believe she named her baby after her favorite rapper though." Sky added.

"Hey, don't sleep. Nas is the goat and he fine...Lauren had the right idea." I defended her with a sly grin and Sky shook her head as she looked down at her watch.

"Ok, B I gotta go. We got curfew and I only got a hour to make it. I just wanted to give you some birthday love. Enjoy the rest of your night and have that fool Travis call me when he get here." We embraced each other and Sky handed me the gift bag.

When people were starting to leave the venue, I called Travis several times but I got the voicemail on the first ring each time

"Wow, he actually turned his phone off."

After that, I gave it up and started to help my moms clean off the tables from the dinner.

"Hey, baby girl...did you enjoy yourself?" My mama asked. I nodded.

"Yes, ma'am. I had a good time." I did enjoy myself and everyone that came, but it just sucks that my partner in crime wasn't there.

Vote, comment, and whatever else :)

Thoughts, questions or concerns

Is Travis tripping or is he just sprung?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Typical By Farah Eid

Teen Fiction

1.5K 111 26
Just another typical wattpad story that has the same typical drama, jealousy, love and betrayal will brooklyn keep up with violet and Liam's actions...
1.5K 70 19
Meechiee And Caleb met at a park and became bestfriends instantly when they were 8. They went to the same elementary, middle and highschool together...
6.3K 95 20
The two boys have known each other their whole lives. Best friends forever but will they become something more? Book 2 in the Life series. You don't...
173K 4.1K 51
Three best friends since kindergarten were literally inseparable. Everything changes when Zion gets discovered and moves to LA. And suddenly... he's...