A Butler.... Apparently (TOTC...

By ReiReiWritesHere

"How the f*ck are you a normal butler?!?" -Cale Henituse (A Trash of the Count's Family/Lout of the Count's... More

0•The Polite Butler•0
1•The Famous Young Master Isn't A Simple Trash•1
2•Day Offs Are The Butler's Favorite Day•2
3•The Butler Is Still Busy On His Day Off•3
4•Looking For Bombs•4
5•Back To Work... *sigh*•5
6•The Polite Butler's Promotion•6
8•Prelude To A More Complicated Life•8
9•Ubarr Territory•9
Bad News
10•Need Sleep•10
11•Unexpected Encounters From Left and Right•11
Holiday's Special Chapter is Out!!!!
📣New Story ( Still a TCF/LCF Fanfiction)📣
Bonus
12•Accidental Trouble•12
13•Busy Butler•13
14• The Henituse Estate •14
15•Harris Village•15
16•Bombs Dropping Everywhere•16
17•Peaceful Days With The Henituse•17

7•Polite Butler On The Road•7

13.1K 895 195
By ReiReiWritesHere

  After what happened, Ree reevaluated his understanding on the people of this world. He knew that, in Cale's experience, people of this world seemed to love viewing things however they wished and usually they view them on a positive light.

  'I made a mistake.'

  Ree knew that even if his actions were only done for his convenience, the others might view it differently.

  For instance, his "I will do this work quickly and smartly to get out of my job early" would be "I'm hardworking and capable" for them.

  Now, Ree was the only one left standing in front of his young master Cale. The other four already left after passing the burdensome position to him.

  "You probably know what your job will be already."

  Cale nonchalantly said while giving him a pointed look. Ree, whose polite smile somehow didn't waver, bowed slightly.

  "Yes of course, young master. I'm guessing it has something to do with the children?"

  Ree was someone who was direct and blunt. Similarly, he knew Cale hated beating around the bush as well. So he immediately get straight to the point.

  Cale nodded in satisfaction of not needing to explain anything. He then calmly sipped his tea. Silence enveloped the room as Ree waited to either be released or be sent on an errand.

  "Pack your things, we'll be attending the ceremony in the Plaza before leaving to Ubarr Territory tomorrow."

  Ree bowed politely before taking his leave. Of course, he bowed toward the two cats as well.

  Ree heaved out a heavy sigh as soon as the door closed. He patted his chest repeatedly in an attempt to calm his wildly beating heart.

  'I f*cking survive. Briefly seeing the young master in the Inn before is already hard enough as it is, but seeing him face to face can't even come close. What the f*ck is up with this world's unfair beautification.'

  Ree didn't stop walking while still making an effort to calm his heart. Fortunately, his facial expression remained impassively calm.

  Mini Ree has long fainted right after seeing Cale, as he did with Beacrox before, so don't even mention him. Ree then remembered the first time he met Beacrox.

  'Hmm, if Beacrox was a hunk type hubby, then Cale would be the flower type wife. Now that I think about it, Hilsman was quite good looking as well.'

  Even as he was deep in his thoughts, he still noticed the presence of a certain green haired butler approaching him.

  Ree immediately smiled and faced him.

  "Matthew Harizo, let's talk."

  Ree gave him a bright closed eyed smile.

  (A/N: Pronunciation was Ha-rizo. The stress was on the "Ha" while "rizo" wasn't separated, it's pronounced straight without a pause in between.)

~

  "I specifically told you before not to get me into any troublesome situation. Why the f*ck did you think that recommending me to that position wasn't troublesome?!"

  Ree couldn't help but blew up right after they reached the mini forest he usually slept at. Mat avoided his gaze awkwardly but cleverly stayed silent.

  The usually calm and polite Ree was nowhere to be found. In his place was a rather intimidating Ree glaring daggers at the poor green haired.

  "Not only that, were you also advertising me with the young master's knights? And to deputy butler Hans as well?"

  Mat remained silent, but his silence was confirmation in itself. Ree sighed in frustration after seeing his friend's guilty expression.

  "I know you thought it would help me. I appreciate that. But why the f*ck did you need to involved young master's chef with it? He wasn't even supposed to be concerned about that position."

  This time, Mat met Ree's gaze with a confused one.

  "Who?"

  Ree froze. He looked at his friend's confused expression and came to a realization.

  "You didn't..."

  "Huh? Didn't what? I only brag about you with the knights and deputy butler Hans. No one else."

  Matthew's honest confusion was proof that he really had nothing to do with Beacrox's action.

  'D*mn it.'

  Ree sighed... again. He looked up in helplessness and resignation. After calming himself down, Ree finally turned to his friend who was looking at him with curiosity filled eyes.

  "Right... Sorry about that. I was just really stressed out. By the way, I got in."

  Ree couldn't find it to himself to be happy as he informed Mat of the "good" news. But the other simply nodded as if he already knew.

  "I know. It's kinda obvious that you will. Everyone already know that you'll get it even before they found out who the other competitors are."

  Mat looked more happy and proud than he was. Ree didn't bother killing his friend's mood and just let him be. He sighed again before starting to walk.

  Mat immediately followed after him. Actually, Mat was already prepared when Ree blew his fuse at him. After all, he was well aware of his friend's unique thinking pattern.

  But Mat also knew that he if he didn't push his friend, then he'll be stuck in this mansion forever. It was such a waste for his talent and hardwork. Thus, Mat did what his friend didn't want to do.

  'The things I do for this lazy guy. Seriously.'

  Mat inwardly complained while preventing the sigh that was threatening to escape from him.

  "So..."

  Mat started. Ree shifted his gaze toward him before bringing his pocket watch out.

  "What?"

  Ree calmly asked while looking at the time. He had more than enough to prepare his things for the journey.

  "What's that about the chef?"

  Ree froze. He avoided the green haired's gaze with an impassive expression.

  "Nothing."

  Although unsatisfied, Mat didn't get the chance to ask anything else. That was because Ree raised his hand to stop him just as he was about to inquire for more.

  He turned toward Ree but he wasn't looking at him. Instead, he was looking at the other end of the hallway up ahead. Not even a few seconds later, someone appeared from around the corner.

  It was the deputy butler Hans, who was carrying two kittens on his arms.

  "Mat! Oh, and you must be the new butler under young master-nim. Ree, right?"

  Ree smiled politely and bowed slightly toward the orange haired butler.

  "Yes. I'll be in your care, deputy butler, Sir."

  Hans, who was as cheerful as Matthew or even more so than him, smiled brightly at Ree. He was practically beaming to be honest.

  Inside, he was actually assessing the new butler that the young master assigned. After all, he promised Ron that he'll take care of the young master.

  'So the rumors are true. He really is as charismatic and polite as they say. No wonder young master-nim picked him.'

  Seeing the friendly butler looking at him fervently, Ree felt awkward. But he didn't show it on his face, instead he maintained his calm composure.

  "Is there anything I can help with, Sir?"

  After a few minutes of Hans doing and saying nothing, Ree finally couldn't bare it anymore. Thus, he took the initiative to ask.

  Hearing this, Hans finally snapped out of his thoughts. He awkwardly cleared his throat after realizing that he was staring.

  "R-Right. Ahem, young master mentioned that you'll be packing for our journey tomorrow and that I should offer my help. So..."

  Realization dawned at Ree as he nodded in understanding.

  "In that case, shall I lead the way?"

  In order to avoid making things more awkward, Ree immediately led deputy butler Hans toward his room after seeing him nod in agreement. He sent Mat a silent nod in goodbye before leaving.

  Silence enveloped the two as they walked toward the brown haired butler's room. Ree's gaze then drifted toward the two cats on the deputy butler's arms.

  "You seems to really like kittens."

  Ree offhandedly commented to start a conversation. Hearing this, Hans blushed a bit.

  "Yeah. Well, I love small animals to be exact."

  Hans bashfully said while smiling brightly at the cats on his arms. Ree simply watched him in the corner of his eyes.

  'An animal lover. Okay.'

  Mini Ree, who finally recovered, smirked. On the outside however, Ree was as nonchalant as ever.

  "Then is there any specific reason why they're coming with us?"

  This question was actually something Ree really wanted to ask ever since he first saw them. After all, as far as Ree knew, there were no part in the novel where the two willingly jumped at the butler's hands.

  In fact, the cats mostly ignored the butler at the beginning. So seeing them obediently being carried by him was quite amusing.

  "This? I don't know as well. They just suddenly jumped on my arms when I was leaving young master's room. I think they're starting to like me."

  Hans stated proudly. But, according to how On rolled her eyes, Ree thought that that wasn't the case at all.

  As if proving his thoughts, the two cats suddenly jumped out of the butler's hands before proceeding to jump on his. This shocked both Ree and Hans.

  "...."

  "...."

  The two simply stared at the cats that was now on Ree's arms. He simply caught them out of instincts but he didn't really expect them to randomly jump on his arms, so it surprised him.

  "Well... I guess they like you more. Come to think of it, they jumped on my arms as well only after hearing young master's order for me to help you pack."

  Ree only gave an awkward smile after hearing that. In fact, he'd rather not know that at all.

  Still, Ree couldn't do anything but silently carry the two until they reached his room.

  Ree's room was, quite frankly, really ordinary. The only thing noteworthy was that it was really clean and tidy.

  After the two, along with the cats in Ree's arms, entered the very first thing they noticed was the faint masculine scent in the air. As well as how tidy it was. (A/N: You guys know how our natural scent tend to stay at the places we frequented, like our rooms for example? Yeah, that's what that is.)

  "You have a nice room."

  Hans complimented while looking around.

  "Thank you."

  Ree smiled politely at him before placing the two cats on top of the bed. He patted their heads before opening his cabinet and taking out his empty bag.

  "Shall we start packing then?"

  With that, the two packed everything inside the room that belonged to Ree. While the two cats layed in bed watching them work.

~

  Ree found himself sitting on top of the tree branch again. It was the same exact tree he usually slept in. Today was probably the last day he would be able to climb this tree.

  'I totally deviated from my plan. I should've known that it was impossible in the first place.'

  Ree's first plan was already f*cked up beyond recognition. He was well aware of that. Well, he never really expect for it to work in the first place.

  "I'm really a sucker for pretty faces."

  Ree sweatdropped while mini Ree facepalmed at his really late realization. Just as he was feeling amused, a little bird suddenly perched on his shoulder.

  Ree glanced curiously at the little bird. It was the exact same one who always sleep with him whenever he was here.

  "Well, hello there little guy."

  The bird tweeted cutely as if returning his greeting, which further amused Ree. This bird was only as big as his palm and was green in color.

  Ree wasn't really an expert on birds so he didn't know what type of bird this little guy was.

  The brown haired butler simply shrugged as it didn't really matter. He just simply layed down while the bird nestled itself on his brown locks.

  He used his arms as pillows while staring at the bright sky uncovered by the leaves of the tree he was in. He knew that, after today, he would be officially joining Cale's crazy crew.

  'Hopefully, I don't turn as crazy as them.'

  With that thought in mind, he fell asleep.

  In the hallway just across the tree he was sleeping in, a pair of brown peered at him. Gaze visibly and unknowingly softening when it landed on his peacefully sleeping figure.

  The figure stayed there for a few minutes. Simply watching. Before it left without making any sound.

~

  "Are you sure you have everything? You didn't left anything, did you? You better check now before leaving."

  Ree silently shook his head while watching his friend panic. Listening to his friend nagging like a mom really amused him to no end.

  But he still calmly pointed at the carriage that was almost full of luggages.

  "Mat, I already have everything. And most of those aren't mine, it was you who forced me to take them. I think that was more than enough. So stop nagging now."

  Ree sighed but still spoke politely.

  'If it weren't for Mat's loose mouth, this wouldn't even happen.'

  Mini Ree once again facepalmed while staring at all the servants in the mansion who came to send him off. They were all tearfully bidding him goodbye.

  While Ree simply smiled politely on the outside while exchanging pleasantries with them. By the time he finished bidding them goodbye, it was already time to go.

  "Ree, let's go."

  Hearing the attractive voice beckoning him, Ree immediately hurried over. He was sharing a carriage with two servants, namely Hans and Beacrox.

  It was Beacrox who called him and his seat was also beside the said chef. Because, for some reason, deputy butler Hans occupied the whole seat all for himself even if it can fit over three people.

  Ree nodded politely at the two as a greeting before moving his gaze to his pocket watch. Internally sighing to himself.

  'Let's hope nothing else happen. Sh*t I think I just unintentionally jinxed myself.'

  Again, mini Ree facepalmed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 3.5K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
865K 45.8K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
437K 13.2K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
277K 8.4K 78
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...