4•Looking For Bombs•4

Long story short, Ree still got dragged with the children around the Capital.

  Now, the brown haired butler was walking around with a group of children following him like baby ducklings with their mother duck.

  "Alright, we've pretty much toured half of the capital. Let's eat first."

  Ree announced while looking around for a suitable place to eat. He was really playing the role of a tour guide/babysitter well.

  Ree was holding the hands of one of the youngest amongst the children. Meanwhile, both Lock and Maes were helping him with the others as well.

  On and Hong were on Lock's arms as well.

  "Hmm. Childrens like sweets right? There's a sweet shop there selling cakes and pies there. How about that?"

  Ree looked towards the children for confirmation. Seeing them all nod, he nodded as well before guiding them to the sweet shop.

  The sweet shop was cozy, with tables and chairs inside for customers to dine. When they all sat, they almost occupied half of the shop.

  "Okay, what do you guys want?"

  Ree meticulously memorized all their orders before going to the counter. Meanwhile, Lock was watching Ree in a trance.

  Lock was amazed by the butler. He noticed that Ree hyung never got the chance to relax throughout their outing as he was always taking care of all their needs.

  Even when Lock wanted to help him, he always prevented him on doing so. Saying that childrens were supposed to enjoy outings and Lock was a child as well.

  It felt... warm. To be taken care of and pampered by a warm and caring adult. Like in a family.

  When they lost their village as well as their family, Lock was given the responsibility for his younger brothers and sisters. Honestly, it was heavy.

  But today, thanks to his Ree hyung, the weight of the burden vanished. As if it never existed at all.

  "Here's the chocolate cake for this table. Lock, are you okay? You're in daze. Do you want water or juice to drink?"

  Lock snapped out of his thoughts with Ree's questioning. The brown haired butler looked worriedly at Lock.

  Lock smiled brightly, a slight contrast with his usual shy one, at the butler before shaking his head. Ree simply nodded and didn't ask anything else.

  'Poor kid. Must've been tough playing the role of an adult so suddenly. Don't worry, I'll take care of you until I came back to the mansion.'

  Ree thought to himself before patting Lock in the head. Lock was stunned upon feeling the warm hand patting him but it felt really nice.

  Ree didn't get to see the warm smile on Lock's face as he immediately turned towards another table.

  After taking care of the food for the children, Ree turned towards the two cats by the side of their table.

  Ree immediately pulled two more seats on their table for the two cats. He placed a chocolate cake in each seats before lifting the cats and sitting them there.

  The cats looked warily at Ree's direction. Specially the older one, On. She was wondering if the butler somehow found out about them.

  But Ree simply patted the both of them in the head without saying anything. He then left to tend to the others.

  Both On and Hong watched the butler's back as he moved around their table, handing drinks and placing more treats. They started to eat while still watching Ree.