Secret Headquarters: Charlie...

By MrsYNValdez

"𝕀 π•žπ•šπ•€π•€π•–π•• π•ͺ𝕠𝕦. 𝔸 𝕝𝕠π•₯." "𝕀 π•žπ•šπ•€π•€π•–π•• π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 π•₯𝕠𝕠, β„‚π•™π•’π•£π•π•šπ•–. 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕖 π•₯π•™π•’π•Ÿ 𝕀 𝕔𝕒... More

...
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~

~6~

1K 19 18
By MrsYNValdez

"But, we're gonna need to borrow a few gadgets."

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

"Bye mum!"
Y/N said waving to her mother as she got out of the car.

Her mum smiled and waved back.
"Have fun sweetie! And don't worry if you don't ace that test. It's ridiculous of them to expect you to take it in the first place."

Y/N nodded and her mother closed the window.
It seemed as if she was going to leave, but then she reopened the window and added, smirking
"Oh and say hello to Charlie for me."

Y/N blushed
"Mumm."
She said, covering her face.

Her mum laughed as she closed the window one final time and drove off.

~Charlie POV~

The next day, I drove to school in the super-van because I wasn't totally sure what else to do.

Thank god for those rocket boosters 'cause I'm already late.

I ran into the school at top speed, but before making it to the classroom, I tripped and fell flat on my face.
"Ow!"

I heard the sound of running feet approaching me from the right.
Whoever it was skidded to a halt right next to me.

I looked in their direction only to see Y/N crouching down beside me, the sun blaring down behind her, making her look weirdly ethereal.

The sun is literally making a halo around her head-could she be any more perfect?

"You alright there Kincaid?"
She asked, bringing me out of my daze.

I shook my head rapidly in an attempt to clear it, only making myself look more insane In the process.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good! I'm fine."
I said hastily, standing up and brushing myself off.

She straightened up and laughed.
"If you say so. Now come on! We're gonna be late for that test!"
She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside the school with her.

✩☆🪐☆✩

Y/N and I burst into the room and took our seats as the teacher gave us the mother of all death glares.

"You have five minutes to complete this test, no phones, Cheaters will be prosecuted."

What the hell is this place? A school? Or a courtroom?

Berger glanced at Y/N.

Time to put the plan into action.

We had placed one of the portal rings under the table that Berger saved for us, and the other one was placed in front of Lizzy who was covering it with a large textbook.

Y/N slowly slid her paper off of the desk and quickly jammed it under the table to push through the portal.

I heard a weird clap noise and looked at
Y/N.
"Did you just high-five? Through a portal?"
I whispered
She grinned.
"Yeah. It's so freaking cool. I love these portals."

I smiled at her and she smiled back.

I could see Berger eying us knowingly.

I nearly punched him.

"You ready to chop down the Sequoia?"
Asked Y/N, smirking.

Who the hell is this Sequoia?

I just smiled and shrugged, not wanting to ruin the moment.

'What the hell?'
I mouthed.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

"We got a hit. It's strong."
Said Virginia, watching one of the many monitors, staring particularly at the point that had been highlighted.

"Hawaii, Irons, you seein' this?"
She continued, attempting to get their attention.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

I high-fived Berger as I walked past him and Y/N to get to my locker.
"That was awesome!"
I said.
"She didn't even notice!"
Said Berger, happily.
I saw Mrs Squinty walking past.

SHIT.

I whipped around to try and warn Berger and Y/N, but before I could I heard

"Excuse me, Mister Berger!"

I heard the slamming of a locker and then turned to see Berger and Y/N trying to be nonchalant.

"Uh..."
Berger fumbled for a reply, but as always, Y/N was quick-witted enough to have a valid response fully prepared.

"It's an art project! We're just starting modern art in our studies so Berger thought he'd try to get ahead because he really enjoys art."

Mrs Squinty eyed her for a moment before turning on Berger and saying

"I got my eyes on you, Berger."

He nodded in reply, and before anything else could go wrong, Y/N took him by the arm and dragged him quickly away.

I swiftly followed behind, saying
"Very challenging test, thank you."
Quickly.

Mrs Squinty eyed me suspiciously before saying
"Anytime."
In her normal monotone, slow voice.

I was honestly expecting her to start calling me Wazowski and tell me that she was always watching.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

(I can't tell what the announcer is saying and the subs just say 'Indistinct chatter' so I'll just leave that part out.)

I can't wait to see if this works. The look on Steroid-abuser-boy's face will be priceless.

I strolled up to Coach, jumped up beside him with a smile, looked out at the pitch and said
"Hey, coach?"
He replied with
"Yeah?"
"Put me in."

He sounded dubious when he spoke next.
"You sure about that?"

"Hell yes."

The next thing I knew, I was on the pitch.

'Next up, Charlie Kincaid.'

The batter- or should I say Sequoia- flipped his bat in the air, and pointed it at me threateningly.

I plastered a stern look on my face and without batting an eye, threw the ball as hard as I could.

The ball whizzed right past the Sequoia and into Berger's open mitt. He flinched backwards- probably due to the force of the throw.

"Strike one!"
Shouted the plate umpire as I heard the satisfying buzz of the scoreboard signifying that the strike had been recorded.

I looked to the bleachers, just to see Robbie Fernandez holding Y/N's hand.

Oh. So that's how it is? Is it?
You know that I've liked her since we were seven. You were one of the first people to find out.
You promised you would keep a secret and be my wingman for the rest of time- I know that's dramatic but we were seven and you were my best friend-
Do pinky swears mean nothing to you?

~3rd Person POV~

"This is the lifeline."
Said the boy sitting next to Y/N, Robbie
Had offered to do a palm reading for her while they watched the game. She accepted because it sounded interesting.

~Charlie POV~

I took the mitt off of my right hand and carefully adjusted the force of the throw I was about to do so that no one could see what I was doing.

'Power increased."
Said the automated voice.

~3rd Person POV~

Irons and his crew sat around a set of monitors in their office staring at one of them as a beeping sound was emitted from the speakers.
"We got a strong flash signal. Like single-mom strong."

Irons' eyes grew wide.

"This could be it."

✩☆🪐☆✩

"This is the prosperity line."
Said Robbie, briefly glancing up at the game.

~Charlie POV~

Berger started by pointing his pointer and middle finger down- curveball

I shook my head.
No way am I playing it safe today.

He grimaced and gave me a look, reluctantly closing his middle finger back into his fist, leaving only his pointer finger remaining. Fastball.

I nodded with a grin.
Wasting no time, I threw the ball with all my might.

Berger caught it perfectly.
"Strike two!"
The buzzer buzzed.

Come on. Just one. One more strike.

~3rd Person POV~

Robbie was still doing Y/N's palm reading when he decided to take a risk.

"And this is the, uh, line that tells me that you don't have a date to the dance."

Y/N looked up at him, surprised. She thought for a moment.

~Charlie POV~

I watched as Robbie asked Y/N to the dance. I couldn't quite hear him, but I could just tell by the smug look he gave me when Y/N wasn't looking.

Pinkie swear-breaking bastard.

I grabbed a fly that had been buzzing in front of my face and turned away to yet again, remove my glove.

We're going all out this time.

I turned the dial on my HUD until I heard the automated voice say

"Maximum strength."

~3rd Person POV~

"Do you wanna go with me?"
Robbie asked Y/N.

Y/N bit her lip, thinking.
She made up her mind.

"I'm sorry Robbie, you're lovely, but I've already got someone else in mind."

-Flashback to last night-

"Has he asked you to the dance yet?"

Y/N's friend, Ed, asked over the phone.

Y/N briefly looked up from her mug- fixing to speak to them on FaceTime
"No."
She said, quickly looking down at the mug fragments again in order to not accidentally cut herself on any of them.

Ed groaned.
"Come onnnn Y/N. Either get over him, or ask him out yourself! He's clearly too chicken."

Y/N bit her lip.
"I know! But what if- what if he doesn't like me back? And- and I ruin our friendship? I just got him back. I don't want to lose him again."

Ed rolled their eyes. He was sick of listening to Y/N go on about this 'Charlie Kincaid'- Why couldn't they just get together? They're so obviously in love. Hell! Ed could see that even though he had never so much as seen a picture of Charlie. Let alone seen Y/N and Charlie interact.

"Oh my god! No! It won't ruin your friendship! Just fucking do it already! I'm sick of listening to your lovesick ass."

Y/N sighed, contemplating her options.

"Ok. I'll do it. Tomorrow. After school."

Ed smiled and started clapping.
"Woo! Yes! You go get 'em, girl! Get your man!"

Y/N blushed.

Ed finished clapping and said
"Right, well, I'm going to bed. Don't stay up all night fixing that damn stupid ass mug, please. I don't need to deal with a tired grumpy ass Y/N."

Y/N smiled.

"Bye, Ed! See you the day after tomorrow- it's the school dance tomorrow otherwise I'd call you."

"Oh, I see how it is. You'll be too busy dancing with Mr 'I'm the best person alive clearly because that's the only person who deserves Y/N' Kincaid, to talk to little old me."

Y/N laughed.

"Night, Ed."

Ed waved and ended the FaceTime.

-End of flashback-

~Charlie POV~

I glared over at Robbie as I prepared the ball in my hand.

Would it really be so wrong to throw this at his head right now?

I decided against that and instead brought my focus back to Forrest.
I got into position and reeled back, prepared to throw the ball.

Forrest had a determined expression on his face.

Can't wait to watch that fade away.

I threw the ball.

It whizzed straight towards Berger and through his mitt, leaving a gaping hole. But oh no. It didn't stop there.

It flew through the netting surrounding the Baseball pitch and just kept going.

It was pretty far away, but I think it went straight through the red brick school wall.

Hope it hits Mrs Squinty's lab.

Forrest swung his bat, only to be met with the buzzing of the scoreboard. a strike.

Laying flat on his back, Berger raised his mutilated mitt in front of his face as the crowd clapped.

"Now that's fast."
Said Coach Hammer.

"Strike three. You're out."

I turned to the bleachers and looked for Lizzy and Y/N's faces.

I found them, clapping and cheering, smiling with glee.

I smiled and shrugged awkwardly which only made Y/N laugh. Once she finished laughing, she picked up a set of keys that I happened to recognise.

I looked back at her face only to see her grinning widely and Lizzy staring at her, open-mouthed.

(I'm back bitches! Sorry for the wait, I've been sick the last few days, but I'm back at it! Hope you liked the chapter.
Also, hey, EdSheeransCrustyToes you're in the story! You're famous! How are you?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 244 29
***I'm back. I know it's been two years. But I'm back. Officially not on hold anymore!! (I'm so sorry) *** Some people keep secrets to protect other...
3.1K 261 45
**Unedited** "She can't come to the phone right now. I'll be happy to take a message for you." My blood runs cold. "Where is she? What have you done...
1.8K 1K 65
Ranked #1 on Wattpad for "Mindbending" and "Thought-provoking" Categories " Ιͺ Κœα΄€α΄ α΄‡ α΄„Κœα΄κœ±α΄‡Ι΄ ʏᴏᴜ Κ™α΄‡α΄„α΄€α΄œκœ±α΄‡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ α΄€ ꜱΙͺΙ΄Ι’α΄œΚŸα΄€Κ€Ιͺᴛʏ. α΄€ ɒʟΙͺα΄›α΄„Κœ ΙͺΙ΄ ᴍʏ κœ±Κκœ±α΄›α΄‡α΄. α΄€...
24.8K 865 49
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 π‹π¨π§π π¦πšπ§ πƒπ’πœπ­π’π¨π§πšπ«π² 𝐎𝐟 π‚π¨π§π­πžπ¦π©π¨π«πšπ«π² 𝐄𝐧𝐠π₯𝐒𝐬𝐑 π™±πš˜πš—β€§πš—πš’πšŽ πšŠπš—πš π™²πš•πš’πšπšŽ /ΛŒπš‹Ι’πš—πš’ Ι™πš— Λˆπš”πš•πšŠΙͺ𝚍 $...