The Castle Of Sand

Oleh theinklessquill

It is a play, revolving around the murder of a child. Going deep into the mystery, a policeman works tireless... Lebih Banyak

CHAPTER 1: The Morning of Mourning
CHAPTER 2: The Mystery Begins
CHAPTER 3: Fate's Play
CHAPTER 4: Perished Destiny-Point Of View
CHAPTER 5: Perished Destiny-Point Of Action
CHAPTER 6: Welcome To The Underworld
CHAPTER 8: Empty But Infinite
CHAPTER 9: The Underworld Syndicate
Chapter 10: The Sinking Castle

CHAPTER 7: The Beginning of The End

7 3 0
Oleh theinklessquill

Inspector Nadeem: Why do you think Ahriman is involved in this case?

Shakti: As you might be knowing, I was jailed for illegally passing a tender. I passed that tender for Ahriman.

Inspector Nadeem: Go on.

Shakti: When I was caught, I revealed everything about the act, and when Ahriman came into limelight, his company AhriCorp, suffered losses. Not so big losses, but for a dignified man like Ahriman, it was a slap on his face. And I think he planned the bomb blast to kill my son! And I think he is involved in this case too!

Inspector Nadeem: Listen Shakti, you may be raged, but your allegations are rootless. How can you say he is involved in this case too?

Shakti: Don't you know that Rajesh is an employee at AhriCorp.

Inspector Nadeem: By Rajesh, do you mean Mr. Sharma??

Shakti: Yes.

Inspector Nadeem: Oh my God, I was unaware of it!!

Shakti: Huh, rootless!!!

Inspector Nadeem: I am sorry Shakti, you are right. I need to suspect him too!

Shakti: Okay, you suspect. But can I go now??

Inspector Nadeem: Shakti, you know Ahriman, more than me, why don't you help me out.

Shakti: As you say.

Inspector Nadeem: Thanks! Now let's move to Sharma's residence!

[Nadeem and Shakti jumped into the car. They reached Mr. Sharma's house. Shakti sat in the car and Nadeem went inside. He rang the bell. Mrs. Sharma opened the door.]

Mrs. Sharma (hesitantly): Oh hello Inspector.

Inspector Nadeem: Hello Mrs. Sharma. Is Mr. Sharma home?

Mrs. Sharma: No sir, it's his office hours 

Inspector Nadeem: Okay Mrs. Sharma.

Mrs. Sharma: If you have any work, I can call him better.

Inspector Nadeem: No, no Mrs. Sharma, it's okay!

Mrs. Sharma: Okay sir.

[Nadeem turned back and sat in his car. ]

Shakti: Is he home?

Inspector Nadeem: No, at the office.

Shakti: Let's drive there then!

Inspector Nadeem: Yes.

Shakti: What are your thinking sir?

Inspector Nadeem: The Sharmas are good friends of the Kumars. Mrs. Sharma didn't ask anything about the progress of the case. I was expecting such a question from her.

Shakti: Look this is not a matter to discuss, okay. Let's go to AhriCorp first.

Inspector Nadeem: Yes.

[They went to AhriCorp. It was a big building. Mr. Sharma was not just an employee, he was the Marketing manager of the company, such a glorious post. Nadeem and Shakti reached there. They went into the building. At the reception.]

Inspector Nadeem: Excuse me. Where can I find Mr. Rajesh Sharma?

Reception (checks in the computer): Sir, he's busy in a meeting right now. You have to wait.

Inspector Nadeem: Oh well, when will the meeting be over?

Reception: Sir, it will take some time, minimum of two hours. 

Inspector Nadeem: Oh, okay. We will wait 

Reception: I will inform you as soon as the meeting is over.

Inspector Nadeem: Thank you.

[ Shakti sat on a sofa. He was looking at the picture of Ahriman, on the wall. Nadeem started moving there. He collapsed with a guy. It was Ahriman.]

Ahriman: Hey, man, can't you see?

Inspector Nadeem: Sorry mister.

Ahriman: It's okay. But who are you? I have never seen you before.

Inspector Nadeem (Flashes his ID): I am senior inspector Rahul Nadeem. 

Ahriman: Oh hello Inspector. Nice to meet you. So what called you here? I must say, my accounts are well prepared and all my work is done in white (Chuckles)

Inspector Nadeem: Ha ha, nice to hear that but I am not for you. I wanted to meet Rajesh Sharma. 

Ahriman: Oh, Mr. Sharma. He's our Marketing manager. Sorry but can I ask what happened?

Inspector Nadeem:  A murder! A child has died and Mr. Sharma is his neighbour. So I am here just to talk to him.

Ahriman: Oh, sorry to hear about the kid. You please wait here, I am sending him. 

Inspector Nadeem: The receptionist said, he's busy in a meeting, so I was waiting here.

Ahriman: Oh inspector, meetings will be done later also, you are on national duty, we shouldn't make you wait.

Inspector Nadeem: Thank you!

[ Ahriman went inside the lift. He searched Mr. Sharma and told him everything. Mr. Sharma rushed down.]

Mr. Sharma: Hello, inspector. You were searching for me. Did you find anything about the case sir??

Inspector Nadeem: Hold on Mr. Sharma. I came here to introduce you to someone. 

Mr. Sharma: Who sir?

[Shakti comes up]

Mr. Sharma: Shakti!!

[Mr. Sharma hugged Shakti]

Mr. Sharma: How are you my friend??

Shakti: I am fine Rajesh. How are you? You jumped to a big position.

Mr. Sharma: By god's grace.

Shakti: Good good!

Mr. Sharma: Inspector why did you want to introduce him to me? We already know each other.

Inspector Nadeem: No, no Mr. Sharma. Shakti is now with me, which means he is helping me in this case. 

Mr. Sharma: Oh great. But how?

Inspector Nadeem: No, we just met in the police station. His son's file was closed so he was there to put a signature. When he heard about this case he asked if he could help, so we just teamed up. And I am linking this case to the underworld as well, so I thought who else could know better about the underworld other than a dealer himself. (Chuckles)

[Mr. Sharma stayed silent.]

Shakti: Believe me Rajesh, I am changed now. My son's death changed everything.

Mr. Sharma: Good luck brother.

Shakti: Thanks.

Inspector Nadeem: We shall be going now. Thankyou Mr. Sharma for your time.

Mr. Sharma: I am always available sir. And please keep intimating me about the progress of the case.

Inspector Nadeem: Of Course. 

[They went back to the car. In the car.]

Shakti: You changed the plan! Why didn't you ask him about Ahriman?

Inspector Nadeem: Ahriman was watching us. There was a camera behind us.

Shakti: Oh gosh!! Did it capture me??

Inspector Nadeem: No I don't think so. But I am not sure about the talks. If it recorded audio, then it's a matter of concern!

Shakti: Shit shit shit!!!

Inspector Nadeem: Ah, leave it! Let's head to the police station.

[They went to the police station.]

[Meanwhile in the AhriCorp.]

Ahriman (in call): Send Mr. Sharma to my cabin.

[Mr. Sharma came in.]

Mr. Sharma: May I come in?

Ahriman: Yes yes Mr. Sharma, come in.

Mr. Sharma: Sir, did you call me?

Ahriman: Mr. Sharma, I have a good news for you!

Mr. Sharma: What sir?

Ahriman: The BOD and I have decided to promote you. Now you are the General Manager of the company, all the departments are now yours! Congratulations.

Mr. Sharma (Overwhelmed): Thank you, thank you sir. I am glad for this. Thank you.

Ahriman: I expect the same energy in your new duty sir.

Mr. Sharma: Obviously sir!!

Ahriman: Don't you want to share this news to your family? You can go home now!!

Mr. Sharma: Thank you sir!!

Ahriman: And and Mr. Sharma, I am arranging a dinner for you and your family today. You must come. Okay!

Mr. Sharma: Okay sir thank you, thank you!!

Ahriman: Congratulations once again.

[Mr. Sharma went home. At Sharma's residency.]

Mr. Sharma: Hey, Shaurya! Where are you??

Shaurya: Dad! What happened? You look so cherished!

Mr. Sharma: Where's your mom??? Call her too!

Mrs. Sharma: I am here. What happened??

Mr. Sharma: I got a promotion !!!!

Shaurya (Cherished): Woah, dad!! Congratulations!!

Mrs. Sharma: Congratulations honey!!

Mr. Sharma: Thank you thank you.

Shaurya: So dad, where's your treat?? Haha!

Mr. Sharma: Ah yes, my boss asked me for a dinner tonight. We will be going around eight.

Shaurya: It's already six thirty, let's get ready!!!

Mrs. Sharma: Yes yes (laughs)

[They started getting ready. It was seven thirty already. Mr. Sharma had booked a cab. It arrived.]

Mr. Sharma: Oi ! Let's go. The cab's already here.

Mrs. Sharma: Yes, I am ready. 

Shaurya: Me too.

Mr. Sharma: Let's go!

[The cab started. On the way, Mrs. Sharma purchased some sweets and a bouquet for Ahriman. They reached the mansion. ]

Shaurya: Woah! It's so big!

Mrs. Sharma: It's so beautiful!

Mr. Sharma (laughs): Hey, be patient!!

[They reached inside. Ahriman was on the door. He was waiting for them.]

Ahriman: Hello Mr. Sharma.

Mr. Sharma: Good evening sir. 

Ahriman: Good evening, good evening. Wouldn't you introduce your wife and son.

Mr. Sharma: Yes sir. Sir this is my wife Payal, and this is my Shaurya.

Mrs. Sharma: Hello sir, good evening.

Shaurya: Good evening sir.

Ahriman: Oh boy, don't call me sir. You can call me…

Shaurya (before Ahriman stops): Mr. Ahriman

Ahriman (fakes a laugh): You can call me Mr. Oberoi

Shaurya: Okay Mr. Oberoi!

Ahriman: Nice. Hey, why are you all standing here, come inside. Come Shaurya!

[They all went inside. Mrs. Sharma was flattered to see that mansion from the inside. It was like a Royal House. There were pictures on the wall. There were some idols and statues. The pillars were making the mansion look like some King's court.]

Ahriman: So, Shaurya how's my mansion, eh?

Shaurya: Looks like heaven!!

Ahriman: Oh thanks!

[Ahriman took them to the dining hall. They sat on the table. His servants were waiting there. They started serving them the food.]

Ahriman: So let's start!

Mr. Sharma: Yes sir!

Ahriman: So Mrs. Sharma, how's the food? Mr. Sharma honours you a lot. Is it like the food you cook? (Chuckles)

Mrs. Sharma: Yes Mr. Oberoi it's delicious.

Ahriman: Shaurya did you like it?

Shaurya: Yes sir, it's mind blowing!

Ahriman: Haha, mind blowing! Thank you. I am really glad to have you here.

[They were enjoying the dinner. Suddenly a something came inside the hall, breaking the glasses.]

Shaurya: What's this?

[That was a smoke bomb. It exploded. Nothing was visible there at the point. Few more fell inside. But those were not smoke emitters!]

Ahriman (screams): All of you go below the table! Now!

[All of them were frightened. They were under the dining table. A chandelier fell on the table.]

Ahriman: It's not safe here, let's get outside. Shaurya you come with me and Mr. Sharma, you come behind us!

Mr. Sharma: Yes sir. Shaurya go.

[Ahriman and Shaurya were rushing. The bombs were exploding one by one. Those bombs damaged a pillar. It fell down, letting few more to fall. One by one all the pillars started falling.]

Ahriman: Shaurya come quick!

Shaurya: But sir, my mom and dad???

Arhiman: They are coming Shaurya!! You run.

[Mr. Sharma and Mrs. Sharma were still near the table.]

Mr. Sharma: Payal, come out, it's okay, quick!!

Mrs. Sharma: Let's run!

[Rajesh and Payal started running. The path was not clearly visible and thus they were unable to run quick. Suddenly a pillar fell down. It injured Rajesh.]

Mr. Sharma: Argh!!!

Mrs. Sharma: Rajesh!!

Mr. Sharma: Ahh!! Payal, my legs!! 

Mrs. Sharma (trying to pull him): Come out Rajesh, nothing will happen to you!

Mr. Sharma: Payal, my legs!! I, i ahh! I don't think I can run!! You go!! Payal you go!

Mrs. Sharma (started crying): Don't talk shit Rajesh! Try coming out!

Mr. Sharma (unable to talk): Payal, i am feeling unconscious.

Mrs. Sharma (shouting): Mr. Oberoi!! Help us!! Shaurya!! Where are you??

Mr. Sharma: You run Payal!!

[Another pillar fell down. It fell on Payal. She got burried under it.]

[Ahriman and Shaurya rescued safely. The building has caught fire. It was burning.]

Shaurya (crying): Sir, my parents sir! Where are they??

Ahriman: Hold on kid, they will be coming out. I am going inside wait.

[Ahriman went inside. But he didn't walk to the hall. He had a back door by the store room, under the stairs. It took him to the garden, that is backside of the house. He sat on the grass. He put his hand inside his pocket and took out a cigar. He lit it up, took a breath and started looking to his mansion. He started laughing, a very creep laugh.]

[Meanwhile Shaurya, called Inspector Nadeem.]

Shaurya(crying): Hello, sir, sir, it's me Shaurya sir.

Inspector Nadeem: Why are you crying kid?

Shaurya: Sir, my parents sir. Sir please help. Please come here!

Inspector Nadeem: What happened to your parents?

Shaurya: Sir the mansion caught fire and they are trapped inside!

Inspector Nadeem: Which mansion, where are you?

Shaurya: Sir we are at the mansion of Mr. Oberoi, my father's boss! Sir please come sir, i need help sir!!

Inspector Nadeem: I am coming.

[Nadeem screamed, "Ahriman". He entered his car and rushed to Ahriman's mansion..]

[Nadeem reached the mansion. Fire brigade was there, extinguishing the fire.]

Inspector Nadeem: Shaurya!!

Shaurya: Sir, my parents sir, they are inside.

[ One of the fire brigade was Rohan. He was Nadeem's brother. He saw him and came to him.]

Rohan: Hey Rahul!

Inspector Nadeem: Rohan!

Rohan: So you are the inspector in charge here.

Inspector Nadeem: Yes Rohan. Brother, some people are still inside. Please start your rescue mission quickly!

Rohan: Yes, my rescue team is already inside. Don't worry, everything will be right.

Shaurya (sobs): Sir, can I go inside, my, my parents are inside.

Inspector Nadeem: Shaurya be patient!! You stay here, I am going inside. Rohan are you coming?

Rohan: Let's go!

[Rohan called his team and they along with Nadeem entered the mansion. They searched each and every room. Then they entered the dining hall. The beautiful king's court has now turned into ruins. Rohan climbed upon the fallen pillars. He saw something red on the it. He touched that part, it was blood.]

Rohan: Rahul!! I have got something!

Inspector Nadeem: What??

Rohan: Look, what's here. It's blood!

Inspector Nadeem: Oh gosh!! Call your team, we have to remove these.

Rohan: Team, come here!

[Rohan, Nadeem and others cleared the place. They moved three pillars, the crumbled and broken. Rohan saw a man and a woman.]

Rohan: Oh god, two persons were under these!

[They took out the body.]

Inspector Nadeem: Damn it!!

Rohan: What?

Inspector Nadeem: The kid outside is their son. 

Rohan:  Ohh!! May god bless the child.

[They carried the bodies on strecher. In the mansion total fifty people were present at the time of the accident. Out of those seventeen died and rest others were injured.]

Shaurya: Sir, where are my parents?? Where are they??

Inspector Nadeem (Hugs shaurya): Son, they are no more!

[Shaurya was in tears. He couldn't believe what was going on. He cried a lot. Meanwhile Ahriman came.]

Ahriman: Inspector, where is Rajesh and his wife,?

[Nadeem takes Ahriman away from Shaurya.]

Inspector Nadeem (Angrily): They are dead!!!

Ahriman: Oh God!! (Takes his hand to his forehead) what will happen to this kid!

Inspector Nadeem: Nothing will happen!! He is all okay with me.

Ahriman: May god give him strength.

Inspector Nadeem: By the way, he did this happen?

Ahriman: Inspector, I had invited the Sharma family for a dinner. So we all were having dinner and first a smoke bomb and then some grenades were thrown inside the mansion. We were panicked, so we started running outside. I and Shaurya, we came out easily, but I don't know how Rajesh and his wife got trapped in there. I also went in to rescue them, but it was all dusty, nothing was left inside.

Inspector Nadeem: Did you call the fire brigade?

Ahriman: Yes.

Inspector Nadeem: Where were you this long, if you have already seen the ruins inside?

Ahriman: I was finding my other staff members, to check if they were okay or not.

Inspector Nadeem: Okay, but you shouldn't have left Shaurya like this.

Ahriman: I know inspector, but I was frightened and thus I entered inside.

Inspector Nadeem: Do you know…. No you must not be knowing. Another question, do you doubt anybody for this kind of event?

Ahriman: No sir.

Inspector Nadeem: Oh, it's a no. You, you Ahriman…

Ahriman: Call me Mr. Oberoi!!

Inspector Nadeem: Listen Ahriman, don't try to get out of the city till the case is solved! Okay.

Ahriman: Yes yes.

Inspector Nadeem: Shaurya you come with me right now.

[Shaurya was crying hard. He didn't say anything and walked with Nadeem. Nadeem hugged him and patted his back. Ahriman gave an evil smile.]

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

525 22 84
A detective who receives information from an anonymous informant that something suspicious is going on at Winston Company. The detective goes there t...
10 1 13
Feelings ranging from love to greed are shared between people. People whose attitudes and lives vary greatly. An easy going guy, who when he has no c...
69 1 13
Just a story about a school of teenage mafia fighting and uncovering secrets. Includes a Murder Mystery and Romance.
90.7K 3.2K 30
A group of friends get trapped in their school along with their history teacher. A single game of Truth Or Dare to pass the time, soon turns into a g...