Rivals

By ASHLYNAUTHORS

Rebecca Vecellio is dying to be a part of the family business, or the gang, The Wolves, but her father is hel... More

CHAPTER 1:
CHAPTER 2:
CHAPTER 3:
CHAPTER 4:
CHAPTER 5:
CHAPTER 6:
CHAPTER 7:
CHAPTER 8:
CHAPTER 9:
CHAPTER 10:
CHAPTER 11:
CHAPTER 12:
CHAPTER 13:
CHAPTER 14:
CHAPTER 15:
CHAPTER 16:
CHAPTER 17:
CHAPTER 18:
CHAPTER 19:
CHAPTER 20:
CHAPTER 21:
CHAPTER 22:
CHAPTER 23:
CHAPTER 24:
CHAPTER 25:
CHAPTER 26:
CHAPTER 27:
CHAPTER 28:
CHAPTER 29:
CHAPTER 30:
CHAPTER 31:
CHAPTER 32:
CHAPTER 33:
CHAPTER 34:
CHAPTER 35:
CHAPTER 36:
CHAPTER 37:
CHAPTER 38:
CHAPTER 39:
CHAPTER 40:
CHAPTER 41:
CHAPTER 42:
CHAPTER 43:
CHAPTER 44:
CHAPTER 45:
CHAPTER 46:
CHAPTER 47:
CHAPTER 48:
CHAPTER 49:
CHAPTER 50:
CHAPTER 51:
CHAPTER 52:
CHAPTER 53:
CHAPTER 54:
CHAPTER 55:
CHAPTER 56:
CHAPTER 57:
CHAPTER 58:
CHAPTER 59:
CHAPTER 60:
CHAPTER 61:
CHAPTER 62:
CHAPTER 63:
CHAPTER 64:
CHAPTER 65:
CHAPTER 66:
CHAPTER 67:
CHAPTER 68:
CHAPTER 69:
CHAPTER 70:
CHAPTER 71:
CHAPTER 72:
CHAPTER 73:
CHAPTER 74:
CHAPTER 75:
CHAPTER 76:
CHAPTER 77:
CHAPTER 78:
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 79:

248 3 0
By ASHLYNAUTHORS

Rebecca

"I was so hoping you wouldn't remember our little encounter, Dante," Xander spoke low and ominously. "I was so hoping to keep Rebecca out of our...dispute," he finishes as I finally turn around.

He was leaning against the locked door, smiling slightly and showing his teeth.

His arms were crossed and I noticed he held a knife in his left hand.

His eyes were hungry and wild and his stature reminded me so much of Lachlan in this moment and it was terrifying.

I wanted to run, or turn away, but his glare was preventing my body from moving.

I could hear the blood pounding behind my ears, and fear was taking over me, causing me to tremble.

"Why?" Is all I could choke out.

"Why? I think you should be asking why not?" Xander antagonized. "Why not betray the man that betrayed me?" He asked, putting thoughts into my head. "Has it really not been obvious? I mean, I've been feeding Lachlan information for a long time now."

"What do you mean?" I ask suddenly.

He started to pace back and forth, growing impatient by the second as he rambled in about his motives.

"Dante told me about you that day at the mansion. I left to keep myself from telling you. Lachlan found me at the bar and made me an offer. I refused back then and obviously lied about seeing him, but I still made sure to keep a close eye on you," he explained as he continued to pace. "Lachlan took an interest in me and I didn't understand why for a long time. Not until vital information was put into place," he laughed, like this entire situation was a game to him. "I was Lachlan's son."

"Just because you're his son doesn't mean you have to listen to whatever he tells you to do," I tried to reason as Xander chuckled at my statement.

"You think this is me following orders? Oh no no no," he shakes his head violently and gives me a large toothy grin. "Once I found out I was Lachlan's son, I became the mastermind. I staged the trade for me in exchange for you Rebecca. I mean, when Reese suggested it, it was almost so good I wish I'd have thought of it myself. And after I left with Lachlan at Central Park, he was so surprised at the show I had put on. I had everyone convinced I was sacrificing myself."

Xander pulled up a chair from the corner of the room and took a seat, his legs tired from all the pacing.

"When Reese and Morgan went to Ocean City, I checked it out just to find you there with Adam. He really was a marshmallow by the way," he giggled to himself. "But I also found Killian there, and I have been struggling to not beat his ass every time I see him."

"Why do you hate Killian?" I inquired hesitantly.

"He's not good for you Rebecca. You can't tell me that every moment since he stepped into your life has been good. Only the year away from him was good," he told me as I stayed quiet. "Exactly. Also, stop interrupting, we're just getting to the good parts. So I called Lachlan, he came to the club and the idiot missed his shot and didn't kill Killian. And then you were all gone again and my plan needed to speed up."

He stood up from the chair and began pacing again, spinning the knife over and over as he did so.

"I took Adam to lure you out and then I called Dante to lure him out so I could kill him. You were all pawns in my game, a means to an end if you will. I left Lachlan at the forefront because he was the only person on everyone's radar," he laughed even louder, just as a banging sound came from the door and the window next to it.

Killian and Reese had come around the corner and saw the events that were happening in here, realization and betrayal becoming their emotions as they tried to bust the door down.

"Now it's a party," Xander laughed as he waved the blade around, regaining his composure and walking towards Dad.

"I bet you weren't expecting Damian to show up," I huffed, reverting his attention from my father to me.

He groaned and rolled his eyes, pointing the knife up at me briefly.

"That kid gets on my nerves sometimes. Bloody great hitman, but bad if not on your side. When I traded myself for you, Lachlan took Damian to make sure everyone thought I'd have no choice but to go with him, but I didn't take him into account for tonight. That's my mistake but truly, I can't believe everything just worked out so—perfectly," he smiled, stepping back and thinking about his manipulative accomplishments.

"No one would have suspected he was double crossing us. He didn't have to earn our trust because he already had it," My father piped up, his voice composed and clear.

"Ah. He speaks after all. Guess I really did miss that shot," he laughed sadistically, only further reminding me of Lachlan.

"What happened to you Xander?" I asked shakily, barely recognizing the man in front of me who claimed to be my brother.

He looked up at me and smiled, slowly walking over to me.

He positioned himself a foot from me and cocked his head to the side, not in confusion, but in arrogance.

"Nothing happened to me sis. This is who I am, and who I have always been," he chuckles and picks at a strand of my hair to twirl around his fingers.

"Why would you betray your family like this Xander? After all that we've done for you," I plead, trying to understand.

"After all you've done?" He questions and pulls his hand back, restraining himself from coming any closer to me.

He may have hated Dante, but he wouldn't dare hurt me.

"This family is the reason I am like this," he turned and kicked a metal wrack from the wall and to the ground, creating a boom that made me jump slightly. "I am the son of Lachlan Lion and his sadistic and murderous traits run through my veins. I will not suffer from any more lies from him," he pointed the knife at Dante.

Veins were starting to bulge in his arms and his forehead while his eyes were wide and red with dark circles blackening by the second.

I breathed in and held it in, scared as if one noise from me and he would snap and go on a massacre killing spree.

I tried to understand why he would do this, but I couldn't. The things Lachlan did were too far behind comprehension, but Xander had proven he was willing to go just as far if not farther than his insane father.

"It's nothing personal Rebecca," his voice grew calmer with every word.

I let out a staggered breath and he looked at me with the brotherly emerald green eyes that I grew up with.

His expression was saddened and calm.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way," he confesses.

"It doesn't have to be," I hesitantly spoke.

"Yes actually, it does," his voice grows dark again as gunshots come from outside the small room. "It's been fun talking to you sis, but I think that's my que to leave," he declares as he backs toward the other exit in the room.

"Actually, I forgot," he recalls as he turns around slowly. "We're in the endgame," he says as he hurls himself at my father.

"No!" I scream as Xander stabs my father in his stomach with darkness and no remorse in his eyes.

"Now my dear little sister, you can either save Dante from dying, or catch me. Hm—who will you choose?" Xander quickly snickers as he bows and strolls out the back entrance of the room.

I look back at Killian and Reese who are standing in shock behind the door, then only Killian runs after Xander to try and cut him off.

Reese stays immobile in his spot.

I immediately ran to my wounded father.

I try to stop the bleeding around the blade that Xander punctured through his stomach moments ago as my father reaches for my hands to stop me.

"Stop Rebecca, please," he choked out breathlessly.

"No Dad, I can help you," I say, trying to convince myself everything will be alright, but I know that it is only a matter of time now before the light in his eyes goes out.

I move my hands around the blade, not quite touching it, not sure what I am supposed to do.

"Rebecca, it's no use," he says even more breathless now as tears fill both our eyes.

His blood is soaking the sheets around him and I know I only have moments left with him.

"Dad," I start but he cuts me off.

"No, I want to say a few things. Reese," he calls weakly as I unlock the door to let him in.

He kneels on the opposite side of the bed, tears streaming down his face.

"I love you Reese. You were always meant for great things and I don't want this gang to change who you are inside."

"I love you too Dad," Reese sobbed as my father patted his head.

"Never stop reminding Luca how much I love him. Even when he is old and has children of his own," he says, bringing tears to my eyes. "Please, raise him to be a good man, better than I was. And Rebecca, I only want you to be happy in life, always remember that," he lets out a deep breath but winces in pain from the blade. "I love you Rebecca, never forget that."

"I love you too Dad," I choke.

"I advise you to not pursue Xander through anger. You have to keep a clear head or he will win. Remember all that I have taught you both," he advises and Reese and I reluctantly nod our heads.

There are faint footsteps behind us then and Killian kneels down next to me with Vincent.

"He...got...away," Killian breathily reveals.

"Live today, fight tomorrow," my father chuckles, but winces in pain. "Vincent, you know what to do in my absence," my father stated as Vincent nodded his head.

My father's eyes started to shut then, causing my tears and sobs to be uncontrollable and Killian pulled me into a hug.

"I remember when I first met you," my father started, referring to Killian. "You were this arrogant kid who would not take a damn order without a fight," he laughed softly.

"My attitude got what it deserved too," Killian added, slightly smiling through water filled eyes.

"Now I see who you have become and I know you will make my Rebecca happy. If you don't, just know that whenever you feel a ghostly breath on the back of your neck that makes you shiver in fear, that's me haunting your arrogant ass," he threatens.

"Thank you Dante," Killian says as my father closes his eyes.

"I'm sorry your mother and I lied about everything. We knew all of you were too young to remember who Lachlan was, and we used that so none of you would be inclined not to fight him. His thirst for revenge has driven him insane and it has driven Xander into that mindset also," my father explains. "Even with my death, their vendetta isn't over. Please be cautious."

"We will be Dad," Reese sniffles.

"I love you," Reese and I say at the same time.

"I love you all too," he says but it becomes a haunted echo in the room.

Silent tears roll down my cheeks as I stare at his lifeless body.

The sound of his chest rising and falling for the last time unleashed the pain that was clawing my insides limb from limb. The pain knocked me unwillingly breathless, and the astonishing force of it froze my entire body.

My body felt like it was broken, and my tears fell steadily along with my brothers. All of us could have been there for hours, the crying never ending while no one moved.

Soon, Damian and others arrived, they tried to pull Reese and I out of the room.

We were both reluctant, kicking and screaming at the men who were trying to take us away, but we lost the battle and were carried out of the building, along with my father's body.

Everyone else was evacuated from the warehouse as well as any materials we would need before Morgan placed a blanket around my shoulders and then rushed inside one last time.

I stare at the warehouse in horror as the rain finally clears up.

This was a safe zone for the gang and yet, it was compromised in seconds by the one person we had entrusted our lives with.

Killian pulled me a few feet away from the building as Morgan came running out.

He held me against his chest and rubbed small circles on my upper back to comfort me as tears rolled down my cheeks.

Not ten seconds later, flames started to emerge from the warehouse and guards were throwing bottles of alcohol inside to keep the fire going.

My father's body had been placed into an ambulance and it started slowly creeping down the vacant street.

Reese, Morgan, Damian, Killian, and I all walk away in a horizontal line from the warehouse and down the street, following the creeping vehicles.

Damian is on my far left, Killian is holding my left side, Reese is on my right, and Morgan is on my far right.

None of us dare turn back to look as we all hear the crashing of the glass exploding and wood crackling.

I hold Killian's hand in my left, and sling my right arm around Reese's neck.

"Is the bad finally over?" Reese asks.

"No," I admit truthfully. "There will always be loss, always something new being thrown at us. But no matter how selfish we feel, we have to take advantage of the present and enjoy life while we can."

Reese and Killian both smile at me then.

"Please tell me you're done kicking my ass at least," Morgan tries to joke but agony fills his voice.

We all force out a laugh and I give Morgan my best encouraging smile.

"This is the last time we've been torn down like this," Damian interrupts our silence. "It's about damn time we fight back and win, not as rivals, but as allies—as a family."

We all exchange looks that agree in silence.

Fire truck sirens whistle a few streets behind us as the warehouse finally makes its last thunderous roar and explodes.

I look over my shoulder and see the smoke and debris flying in the air a few streets back.

"It's only the beginning of the end now," Killian exhaled as he squeezed my hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 111 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
132K 10.7K 41
Tia was the most sought after model in Germany. Flanked with grace and beauty she was destined to be more. However she suffered at the hands of an ab...
The Arrangement By ☆

Mystery / Thriller

468K 10.3K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...
2.5K 10 31
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence and will move fast. He pulls me closer leaving no space between us. "We can't...