STARRY EYES ⎯ BRIDGERTON

By Paris_El10

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ STARRY EYES ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ [ You were there when I needed someone ] ❞ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥIn which... More

Starry Eyes
act. one
001. Thornharts
002. Tea Party
003. Girl Talk
004. Kiss Ass
005. Decisions
006. Black Sheep
007. Sickness and in Health
009. No Matter What
010. New Addition
011. Grief
012. Recovery
013. One Thing After the Other
014. A Little Too Late
015. Time will Tell
act. two
016. Here we go...Again
017. Reunited
018. Deja Vu
019. Letters
020. Sneak Glances
021. May the best man Win
022. Secret Date
023. Gossip
024. Happiness is a Butterfly
025. The Vronskys
026. Revelation
027. Betrayed
028. No means No
029. Conflicted
030. Big Question
031. Ultimatum
032. Marriage
act. three
033. The calm before the Storm
034. Awkward Conversations
035. Set the Trap
036. Whose side are you on?

008. Worst is yet to Come

5.1K 182 62
By Paris_El10

~Worst is yet to Come~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Rachel in fact did not get better.

Rachel continued coughing and having fevers left and right. It seems as though all you can hear throughout the house were her usual coughs. The maids went in and out the room giving all types of medication but nothing seemed to stop her heavy coughs.

Persephone paced back and forth in front of mother's room as the doctor came around the second time to inspect what was going on. The first time he came around he believed it was nothing to worry about and she would be better in the next couple of days but it had just gotten worse.

Persephone stopped midway as she watched Margaret exit from her mother's room. "Any news?"

"He's still checking her."

Persephone sighed, continuing pacing in front of the door, biting her nails.

Margaret smacked Persephone's hand out of her mouth. "What did I tell you about biting your nails?"

"Sorry, it's a habit." Persephone replied, rubbing the spot where she was hit. "You know I bite my nails whenever I get nervous."

"Well, find another way to control your nerves." Margaret scolded the young teen. "Where is your father anyway?"

Persephone shrugged. "How should I know? It's not like we talk or anything."

"The nerve of that man." Margaret shook her head. "He should be here with his wife instead of doing god knows what."

Persephone could have cared less about her father but she did agree with Margaret. Francis should be present and be there for his wife. Ever since her mother had gotten sick, Francis has been more and more absent. 

He was no longer sleeping in the same room as her. Scared he'll end up having the same flu she has. If Francis wasn't in his office, he was out. There was always a rare occurrence to see the man in the house.

"You're right about that."

"At least your sister has come around."

Athena was just as hard headed as Persephone—if not more. But she had realized she had to put her differences aside and focus on what was important for this moment. Her mother was getting sick and nobody knew if she would make it or not. Instead of fighting, they had to come together and be there for their mother.

"Have you spoken to her?" Margaret asked, looking at Persephone.

"Only when we're in the same room as mother."

Truth be told Athena still was very upset with Persephone. Only speaking to her when she felt like it or whenever she was in the same room with their mother. 

Rachel never liked whenever she fought so they pretended like everything was fine between them.

"You girls have to put your differences aside." Margaret stated. "You have to understand she chose Daniel as her husband and she needs to understand that people should have opinions."

Margaret hated whenever the two sisters fought. You can feel tension in the room whenever they were ever in the same room. But she was used to the two sisters arguing. They argued more than actually having a simple conversation.

"Pardon my language but I'm not going to kiss her ass." Persephone responded, crossing her arms. "If she doesn't want to talk to me then so be it. I won't talk to her as well."

Margaret rolled her eyes, knowing how hard headed the teen was. "You girls are going to drive me mad."

Before Persephone could respond back to the older woman, the door opened, revealing the doctor that was attending her mother.

"Any news on my mother?" Persephone asked.

The doctor looked between Persephone and Margaret and sighed. "I'm going to prescribe her some medication. Keep giving her tea and use a cold towel to reduce the fever."

"Will that help her get better?" Margaret asked.

"Hopefully it does."

"Hopefully?" Persephone shrieked, looking at the doctor up and down. "You're the doctor, you should know."

"Yes, Lady Thornhart but the problem is she should've been better by now." The doctor explained. "Look, if these medicines don't help her, then—"

"Nonsense, she'll be alright." Margaret interrupted him.

Persephone felt her heart drop. To hear that there was a possibility her mother wouldn't make it, devastated her. Her rock, her best friend could possibly die and there was absolutely nothing she could do.

"I'll see my way out."

Margaret looked at the young brunette before turning to the doctor. "I'll go with you, doctor."

Persephone held onto the railing, feeling as though she was bound to collapse on the floor. She was hoping to hear good news from the doctor but by the look on his face, she knew not even he was sure her mother would recover.

Laughter was heard down the stairs. Persephone turned and found Francis laughing at something Daniel was saying. Rage filled Persephone as she quickly descended down the stairs, approaching the duo.

"Are you serious right now?" Persephone hissed, wiping her tears. "Mother is fighting for her life right now and you're doing absolutely nothing but laughing like a bunch of little boys."

"Who do you think is paying for your mother's doctor bill?" Daniel huffed.

"And who said I was talking to you?" Persephone looked at Daniel before turning back to Francis. "Mother has been going through it these past weeks and all you've done is nothing."

She was sick of his absence. As her mother's husband he should be with her in moments like these. What happened to sickness and health? For better or worse?

"Persephone I don't have for this right now." Francis stated, not wanting to get into an argument with her.

"But you do have time to do god knows what." Persephone crossed her arms.

"Persephone we work. That's why Margaret is here to help in whatever Rachel needs." Daniel butting in again.

"Did I ask for your opinion Daniel?" Persephone glared at him. "God, don't you ever mind your own business? I will never see you as family so stop butting in our conversations."

"Persephone, that's enough." Francis yelled, glaring at her with his icy eyes. "Your arguing isn't going to help your mother."

"Yea, but unlike the rest of this family, I'm not scared of you. Someone has to put you in your place and let you know when you're wrong." Persephone snapped, glaring back at him. "Be a husband for once in your life and be there for your wife before she's gone."

Persephone turned around, walking away from the male duo who were no doubt glaring at the back of her head. It had to be said. Francis was never around her mother and the moment her mother needed him the most, he wasn't there. He only took his husband's role whenever it was beneficial for him.

"Don't listen to her." Daniel turned towards Francis who was seething with anger. "She's just a stupid teenager."

Daniel always had a bad relationship with Persephone. Mostly because of Persephone's attitude towards the male. But deep down, Daniel knew Persephone could see straight through his facade. She was bound to uncover everything and Daniel couldn't let that happen.

"I knew the moment she was born she'd be trouble." Francis spoke as tried to control his anger. "She has been the only person to ever raise their voice at me."

Francis felt as though Persephone was brought into this world just to torture him. Being his last born and a girl was basically a slap in the face. On top of that Rachel had named her after the queen of the underworld.

Persephone was different. She was never scared of him. Never afraid to voice her opinion on him and didn't care what would happen. She never showed an ounce of fear when speaking to him.

"She shouldn't be asking this way. At the end of the day you're her father and she should respect you." Daniel looked thoughtfully as an idea popped into his head. "You should teach her a lesson."

Francis turned towards Daniel. "What do you mean by that?"

"I have an idea." Daniel smirked.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰ 

"How are you feeling?" Persephone asked her mother, putting a cold towel on her mother's forehead to reduce the fever.

After her argument with Francis, Persephone went straight into her mother's room. At this moment all she cared about was her mother and prayed she would recover from her illness.

"I'm feeling better after that medicine Margaret gave me." Rachel looked at daughter. "What's wrong? I heard the argument between you and your father."

Persephone looked up. "You heard that?"

Rachel nodded her head. "You guys weren't exactly quiet. Be glad Athena isn't home or she would have had your head."

Athena was out with her friends. Enjoying her alone time before she would embark in motherhood. Athena would have gone full on rage if she were to have heard Persephone talking to Daniel and her father any kind of way.

"They deserve it." Persephone justified. "Daniel is always in our business while your husband should be with you during these times."

"But that's no way to speak to them Persephone."

Rachel understood where Persephone was coming from but at the end of the day Athena chose to be with Daniel. She had to understand Daniel was now part of their family whether she liked it or not.

As for Francis, Rachel knew her husband would never take care of her. In a way she agreed with Persephone's frustration with the man. He was too dry. She hoped Francis would at least visit her but ever since she's been sick, Francis has never stepped into her room.

"Mother, I don't see Daniel as family and I never will. You all have to understand that." Persephone stated. "Francis hasn't even visited you. Honestly, I don't know what you saw in him."

Persephone never understood her parent's marriage. While her mother was calm, fun, and lovning, Francis was the complete opposite. She honestly didn't know what she saw in him. Her mother could have done much better.

Rachel laughed. "You'll understand when it's your turn."

"I'll find a better husband than yours."

"I hope so." Rachel smiled, kissing the side of Persephone's face. She hoped for the best for Persephone. If Rachel couldn't have any ounce of happiness, she hoped Persephone would.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"I'm not too sure about this."

Francis didn't know what to think about Daniel's plan for Persephone. At the end of the day Persephone was his daughter and the plan sounded too extreme, even for him.

Daniel shook his head. "That's because you're not seeing my vision. We can all benefit from this."

"I understand Daniel but this just sounds too extreme and it isn't like she'll agree to it. You and I both know this plan will most likely fail."

"I won't let that happen." Daniel persisted. "Either way, I have a back up plan."

Daniel knew Persephone would be hard. But Persephone was starting to get on his nerves and he needed something to bring her down from that high horse she's been on.

"I don't know. Her mother wouldn't like this. Hell, I don't even think Athena would agree on it."

"We'll get her to agree. You just have to convince her. As for Athena, I'll take care of it myself." Daniel stood, facing Francis. "This is a win-win for the both of us."

"Of course it is but I know Persephone. She's always done things her way."

Ever since she was always able to walk and talk, Persephone always did things her way. The girl always grew up to be independent and to do things she wanted to do. It would be extremely hard to get her to do something by force. She wasn't like Athena. Persephone did not care about the Thornhart name or her father's opinion.

"At least just think about it." Daniel expressed. "You don't have to give me a solid answer now but just think about the benefits."

Francis nodded his head. "I'll think about it and let you know."

The two males had something big planned, something they wanted to keep to themselves. But the Thornhart house had eyes and ears everywhere and at some point someone will know what they were planning. Someone willing to do whatever it takes for their plan to fail.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

! Author's Note !

─◌✰್ I honestly had to search up if during the 1800s doctors were able to prescribe medicine and they did lol. 

─◌✰್ What do you think Daniel's plan is with Persephone? Slowly but surely the big plan will be revealed. I will give you guys some hints but the big reveal will be later on.

─◌✰್ Thank you all for reading. Enjoy♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 1.8K 17
Wilting || Colin Bridgerton Last season was hard enough for Magnolia Hayward after her father passed, leaving her and her siblings orphaned, just be...
20.7K 686 21
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗳𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸, 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗱 �...
267K 2.9K 79
Did you watch Bridgerton and wonder which brother you would choose? Well now is your chance! Play this "choose your own adventure" Bridgerton book an...
178K 7.9K 22
❝ i don't suppose you remember me, do you benedict? ❞ ❝ belle! you've grown ... i mean you're a lady now! ❞ ❝ i think 'lady' might be a bit...