The Only Girl - Remus Lupin x...

By Mystic_Nightmare075

"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n B... More

Authors Note :D
1 - The Beginning
2 - Friends
3 - Birthday
4 - Christmas
5 - Going Home
6 - Escape to James'
7 - Return to Hogwarts
8 - Finding Out
9 - Bright Red
10 - Sleep is for the Dead
11 - Summer
12 - Try-outs and Plans
13 - Time with Remus
14 - A Shitty Christmas
15 - Emotions Are Dumb and Confusing
16 - Hogsmeade Date
17 - Summer at James'
18 - Nail Polish
19 - Mistletoe Kiss
20 - Homework, Sneaking and Illness
21 - A Date
22 - Picking Up The Pieces
23 - A Really Shit Summer
24 - The Shit Summer Gets a Bit Better
25 - Confessions and Kisses
26 - A Date and Christmas
27 - Telling Them
28 - The Full Moon
29 - The Year Ends
30 - Forced
31 - Summer With Remus
32 - I Hate This Planet
33 - Winter Dance
34 - Hurt
35 - Rumours
36 - Normal?
38 - Lily's Confession
39 - Love Is In the Air
40 - The Best Christmas
41 - Who's the Cuter Couple?
42 - Cuddles
43 - End of Year Party
44 - Finale

37 - A Pleasant Summer

1.6K 51 42
By Mystic_Nightmare075

The final quidditch match approaches, and the closer it gets, the more I want to stab James in the throat.

I didn't think it was possible for him to be more annoying, yet here we are.

Obviously, since James is the captain, he's even more motivated to win than he usually is.

On the day of the match, I whack James at least fifty times before eight am. But in my defence, that fucker woke me up at five to try and get to me train with him. I was feeling very murdery, so he should be glad that the worst I did was whack him.

After about thirty minutes of pestering, I did finally give in and get out of bed to train with him.

And then at around six thirty, Remus arrived with coffee to hopefully help me feel more alive, which I was really thankful for.

Then it was time for breakfast, and then the match.

We walk out onto the pitch, James approaching Ravenclaw's captain and shaking heir hand.

Marlene and I fist bump before we get onto out brooms and fly up, chasing after the quaffle that had been chucked into the air.

Marlene, James and I work together flawlessly. I may complain about it a lot, but James making us train almost every single day has seemingly proved useful.

The game progresses and I have no clue how much time has passed but it feels like its been hours. Everyone seems much less energetic than they were at the beginning. Even everyone in the crowd is less enthusiastic.

The other teams calls a time out, so we all fly back down to the ground. I go drink some water and try to re-energise myself. Now that we've stopped for a moment, I feel exhausted - which I blame James for, the idiot woke me up early.

We have to start the game again, so we all get back on our brooms and keep playing.

After another hour or so, pretty much everyone has given up. Marlene, James and I, plus all the chasers on the other team are just tiredly throwing the quaffle around in a circle, the beaters are just hitting the bludgers back and forth, the keepers are just sitting in the goal hoops, but the seekers are still trying to find the snitch.

The crowd is silent and looks as fed up as we are.

Then, finally, a fucking miracle happens, both the seekers suddenly begin shooting down.

Everyone watches in suspense as they race to the snitch.

It's exciting. And so suspenseful.

But finally our seeker grabs the snitch and holds it up in triumph. We won! And it would be a much more pleasant victory if I wasn't exhausted and hungry.

~*𓃦*~

Before I knew it, it was the final day at Hogwarts. As usual, exams were stressful but I survived and had hopefully done well.

I was sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall with James, Sirius, Peter, Lily, Alice, Marlene and Remus. It was breakfast time but I wasn't hungry, how could I eat knowing that we were soon coming into our final year at Hogwarts.

"Y/n, you need to eat something." Remus whispers to me.

"I'm not hungry." I mutter and he gives me a concerned look.

"You've got to eat." He says and gives me puppy dog eyes. I try not to look at him, he always knew exactly what to do to get his way. I sigh and take a bite of some toast I had already buttered.

"Happy now?" I ask sarcastically.

"A little." He says before playfully kissing me on the nose, earning multiple "eww's" and gagging noises from our friends. They are all very mature.

As usual, the owl post arrives around midway during breakfast. I watch as the owls fly around the room, looking for the person they needed to deliver a letter to. To my surprise an owl stops in front of me. I take the letter off the owl and it's addressed to me and Sirius. I go into my bag and pull out some owl treats to give to the bird.

"Y/n, why do you have owl treats in your bag?" James asks.

"Emergencies." I say without looking at James as I open the envelope. In the envelope there is a key and a note. I look at the key curiously and read over the note.

Dear Sirius and Y/n,
Your mother has told me about you both leaving home. You are family and I worry about you so I'm giving you this key to my vault, its number 711. Please spend the money wisely and I hope you both are okay.
Uncle Alphard.

I take another look at the key. I hand Sirius the note.

"Read this." I say feeling unable to contain my smile. Sirius sceptically takes the note and reads over it. His eyes light up slightly as he reads it and I can see him smile. I show him the key, which he inspects before handing it back to me.

"You'll probably do a better job at keeping it safe." He says.

"Who was the letter from?" James asks.

"Our uncle." Sirius answers.

"Is this a family member you two actually get along with?" He asks and we both nod our heads. "Wow, didn't realise you actually had relatives the aren't total assholes, this feels like I'm seeing some mythical creature, y'know, like a giraffe."

"James, giraffes are real," Remus says while Lily looks at James with a mix of confusion, disbelief and horror.

"What?"

~*𓃦*~

Once the term ends, Sirius, Regulus and I buy a small two bedroom apartment in London. It was amazing being on our own for once, we finally felt free.

We haven't really got round to decorating much yet and there are still a bunch of boxes everywhere.

The apartment has a muggle telephone, which I cant figure out how to use at all, I'll just ask Remus when he comes to visit. I miss him even though its only been two weeks since we last saw each other. James has already been round to visit almost everyday since we moved in here.

Today I plan on going furniture shopping for the living room, I'm considering getting a sofa bed so that James can stay the night if he wants to. I head to the local furniture store and pick out a bunch of stuff that I like.

I thankfully found most of the stuff that we'd need. I also found a really nice looking burgundy red sofa bed. I was getting most of the larger items delivered to the apartment because there was no way I was going to get them back to the apartment by myself. I took all the stuff I could carry and walked back to my apartment.

When I got back, I set up all the furniture I had and then Sirius arrives home and covers my eyes.
"I've got a surprise for you." He says and turns me around, hands still covering my eyes.

"Sirius, get off me," I say, trying to push his hands away. He laughs slight before taking his hands away from my eyes and I see Remus standing in our doorway smiling at me. I run over to him and engulf him in a tight hug.

"I've missed you." He says.

"I've missed you more." I mutter into his chest. I look up at him and he leans down to kiss me. He presses his lips against mine and Sirius pretends to throw up. Me and Remus part from the kiss and I look over at my brother, who was refusing to look at us.

"You're so mature." I say and Sirius sticks his tongue out at me.

~*𓃦*~

"Its getting late," Remus says and stands up "I should probably get going."

"Or you could stay here tonight." I suggest and he looks over at me.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure," I say. "There's enough space in my bed for two people."

He smiles at me.

"I'll need to go home and get pyjamas," He says.

"No, you wont," I respond and he looks at me in confusion. "I may have stolen some of your pyjamas before the holidays."

He chuckles.

"Why?"

"I like your clothes. They're cosy."

"Okay, but my t-shirts and sweaters I can understand you stealing, but pyjamas?"

"Leave me alone, meanie," I mumble. He laughs, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Alright, well I'm going to call my mum and tell her that I'm staying."

He heads through to the kitchen just as Sirius exits his bedroom, where he's been for the past hour so me and Remus could spend time alone, even though I told him that he didn't need to leave.

"Remus gone home?" He asks.

"Nope. He's staying here tonight, he's just calling his mum to let her know," I explain and Sirius raises his eyebrows at me.

"We've been here two weeks and you've already got boys staying the night?" He asks teasingly.

"Shut up, its not like its some random person I found in the streets. Plus, you've had James round a bunch of times." I argue and Sirius sits beside me on the sofa.

"That is not the same."

"Mhm, sure."

"I want to kill you."

~*𓃦*~

For the first time in a while, I manage to fall asleep quite quickly. The past couple weeks have been filled with late nights of tossing and turning and losing my mind, but having Remus' arms wrapped around me manages to comfort me and put my mind to rest.

He then stays for a few more days, which just makes the holidays even more amazing. But he does go home eventually, which I find extremely rude. How dare he abandon me.

~*𓃦*~

As I'm making dinner one night, the phone begins to ring. I immediately go over and pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Its me." I hear Remus say. "Are you free tomorrow?"

"You assume I have a social life." I say and he laughs at me.

"I'm taking that as a 'no' then." He says and I laugh.

"Of course I don't have plans." I say.

"Well, why don't we go out on a proper fancy date." He suggests and I'm thankful he cant see me because I'm probably grinning like a fool.

"Sounds like a great idea."

"I'll pick you up around half five." He says.

"Perfect. See you tomorrow." I say.

"See you tomorrow." He repeats and hangs up the phone.

I smile to myself and head back to the kitchen to continue making dinner. I hum quietly to myself as I cook and I hear Sirius enter the apartment. He pokes his head round the kitchen door.

"I smell food," He says.

"It'll be ready soon," I respond. "So can you go tell Regulus to quit hiding in his room and come eat?"

"Sure," He says, walking back out the room.

~*𓃦*~

I was finishing sorting my hair when I heard a knock on the door. I smooth my dress and check myself out one last time in the mirror and go to answer the door. Remus is there, carrying a bouquet of beautiful flowers.

"Hi." He says with a smile.

"You know you don't have to knock right?" I say. "You're welcome to just walk in." He just shrugs his shoulders and hands me the flowers.

"You look beautiful." He says and I can feel myself blush.

"You look nice too." I say. "Come inside while I figure out what to do with these flowers."

He enters the room and sits down on the couch. I head into the kitchen and fill a large glass with water and put the flowers in it. I walk through to the living room and set the flowers down in the centre of the coffee table.

"So, what've you got planned for tonight?" I ask and sit down next to Remus.

"Well first we're going out to a fancy restaurant," He says. "Then there's this pub that's doing live music tonight and I thought we could go there. Then we could take a moonlit stroll through the park."

"Sounds wonderful." I say with a smile. "Why are we going on this date so randomly?"

"Well, we never really go on proper dates, I just thought that we should actually do something romantic for once instead of staying inside cuddling by the fireplace."

"Good point." I say. "This date sounds amazing, when's dinner?"

"I got reservations for quarter past six so we should probably leave soon."

"Sure, let me go get my bag." I say and quickly go into my room and grab an over the shoulder bag that went with my dress. I had put my purse in it, which had some money, both muggle money and wizard money, my house keys and my wand, just in case I needed it, you never know these days.

"Right, I think I've got everything." I say as I exit my bedroom. "You ready?"

"Yep. Lets go." Remus says and takes my hand as we leave the apartment. I don't need to lock the door on my way out, Regulus is still here. Sirius is out doing something with James and Peter though.

~*𓃦*~

Dinner was amazing, Remus definitely picked an amazing restaurant, I will definitely be coming back here one day. It was quite a fancy restaurant so it was a bit pricy and I insisted on paying for some of the meal and Remus knew better than to argue with me, I'm like a stubborn little child.

After we finished eating and paid we headed to the pub. I sat down at a table while Remus got us drinks, non-alcoholic of course, we cant legally buy alcohol yet. The music started before we had even arrived so some band was in the middle of a set and they actually sounded really good.

Remus sat down across from me at the table and passed me my drink. I took a sip of it and enjoyed the music. There were a few people standing by the stage dancing and I watched them in amusement, they seemed pretty wasted.

That's when I noticed Remus had stood up.

"Wanna go dance?" He asks loudly in my ear to be heard over the music. I nod and he grabs my hand.

He leads me over to the dance floor and we begin wildly dancing to the beat of the music, which probably looked strange considering we were both were dressed up nicely. Eventually the band leaves the stage and the music stops.

"Lets go." Remus says taking me by the hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we exit the pub and the cold breeze hits me instantly.

"Moonlit stroll." He says and we head to the park and begin walking along the dimly lit path.

Remus wraps one arm around my waist and I lean my head on him. We walk slowly, enjoying the scenery and the silence around us. A cool gust of wind flows by us and I shiver.

"Are you cold?" Remus asks and I nod my head slightly. He takes off his jacket and places it on my shoulders.

"But now you'll be cold." I say and try to give him his jacket back but he refuses it.

"I'll be fine," He insists. "You're more important to me."

"If you get too cold tell me."

"I will." He says and I know he's lying.

~*𓃦*~

We arrived back at home quite late but when we got back we saw Sirius and James asleep on the couch with the TV playing quietly in the background. I giggle quietly to myself as I notice that Sirius is resting his head on James's shoulder. I hear Remus chuckle to himself quietly as I walk over to the sleeping boys.

"Oi, wake up." I say and both boys slowly open their eyes.

I laugh as I see their faces of realisation and horror as they realised how they were sleeping. Sirius sits up and James quickly slides across the sofa away from him. I laugh as I turn around to turn the TV off.

"So, how was your date?" Sirius asks clearly trying to avoid talking about him and James.

"It was great." I say and see Remus smile to himself. "How was yours?"

"Shut up," Sirius grumbles.

"I'm assuming you're staying here tonight James." I ask and James nods his head. "Are you sleeping on the couch or in Sirius' bed?"

Both James and Sirius glare at me. Remus and I laugh as I head to my room and he goes into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

I sort my hair and take my shoes off. I remove my dress and get changed into my comfy pyjamas. Remus quietly knocks on the door, checking to see if I'm dressed.

"You can come in." I call and he opens the door. He looks over at me and smiles as he tilts his head slightly. "What?"

"Nothing, you're just really beautiful." He says as he gets into bed. I turn off the lights and get into bed next to him. He pulls me close to him.

"I love you." He mutters as I drift off into sleep.

"I love you too." I mutter sleepily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 365 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
170K 7.9K 68
**Book 1/4 in the TATM series** Teddy Lupin awoke on the hard concrete of the Hogsmeade train station to see the face of someone he knew to be long...
1.9M 121K 104
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...
141K 5.7K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...