12 - Try-outs and Plans

The first night back we make a pillow fort, it really has become a fun little tradition. For hours we talked and laughed about dumb stuff, but something was wrong. Remus has been acting quite distant with me, and he barely spoke to me at all. It's like he's avoiding me and I don't like it. Have I done something wrong?

I leave it alone for a few days, thinking that maybe he's just in a bad mood, but he still wont say more than a few words to me.

I decide the only way to find out what's going on is confronting him about it.

I head to the common room Saturday afternoon, finding James, Sirius and Peter, but no Remus. I ask the boys where he went and they tell me he just left to go to the library.

I thank them before quickly heading out of the common room, hoping to catch up with him before he gets to the library.

I briskly walk through the halls, smiling when I finally spot Remus.

"Remus!" I call out his name, which causes him to stop, turning around to face me. I speed up a little to catch up with him.
"What's going on?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"What do you mean?" He responds, not looking at me.

"You've been avoiding me," I answer. "Did I do something? If I did, I'm really sorry."

He struggles to find the right words, managing to stumble out a couple words that made very little sense.

"If you don't want to be friends with me, then just tell me." I mumble quietly.

He looks at me shocked for a moment.

"What? No." He says quickly.

"Then what's going on?" I ask again.

"You- you didn't respond to my letters over the summer," He answers and I'm suddenly confused. What letters? "I assumed you changed your mind about being friends with me since you found out I'm a werewolf."

I'm taken aback for a moment. "Remus, you know that you being a werewolf doesn't bother me, it will never change anything between us, I promise. And as for the letters, I didn't get any, I just assumed you were too busy to write or something."

"So you don't hate me?" He asks.

"Absolutely not," I answer. "You could've just talked to me about this instead of avoiding me y'know."

"I know, and I'm sorry." He says.

I pull him in for a hug. He tenses up at first but quickly hugs me back.

"You're my best friend," I say. "Nothing could ever change that, especially not you being a werewolf."

"Thanks, Y/n."

~*𓃦*~

The first class we had on Monday morning was transfiguration with McGonagall. As always, we waited outside for her to arrive and let us in the class. Thankfully she didn't take too long. I sat down next to Remus, James and Sirius sat together and Peter sat with Frank Longbottom.

The class began with McGonagall turning into her animagus form, a cat, and then she begins telling us about animagi.

I notice James and Sirius whispering about something.

Sirius turns around to face me and whispers; "We have an idea, we'll talk to you about it later."

"Mr Black, what is so important that you feel the need to discuss it during my lesson?" McGonagall's stern voice says and Sirius turns back around to face her.