Edancy One-Shots

De JessieLynn425

Collection of one-shots featuring the rare pair of Eddie Munson x Nancy Wheeler from Stranger Things! Mai multe

When you're near me darling can't you hear me SOS

I'd stare a lifetime into your eyes

39 4 0
De JessieLynn425

Honestly Eddie forgot all about the show tonight. Who holds a Battle of the Bands in the middle of February, let alone Indiana? The planners of the show were lucky it was at least 40 degrees fahrenheit. The only thing he now had to do was cancel his weekly study session with Nancy Wheeler. He was rather intimidated by her actually. She had kept a tight schedule, using her own time to help tutor him. He groaned in defeat as he already saw her sitting at their table. 

Her face immediately lit up upon seeing him. God she was stunning. He walked to her and flipped the chair backwards and facing her. 

“So I have bad news.” He said quickly. What was it about her that intimidated him? A strong breeze could probably topple her over. “And what would that be? Hm.” Nancy asked, folding her hands in front of her on the table. “I’m afraid I actually double booked myself tonight. I forgot the band and I had a concert that was set months ago. Sorry Nancy.” He stood back up, not bothering to fix the chair. “Well we can do both.” She replied. Nancy could feel her heartbeat in her ears. Why did she do this for boys? Why was she so intent on changing herself to impress a boy? 

“You do your show and we find a place to study after. Or we do before you play. Either way I’m going to have to come with you.” “Nancy, it’s not that easy. It’s in Indy. Plus it’s a school night.” She probably needed her beauty sleep. But Nancy had gone many sleepless nights since the week that followed November 6, 1983. 

“So. After Halloween my junior year I came to school following the worst hangover of my life. I’ll survive.” Eddie studied her for a moment. She had this determination to her that he felt she would be ok. He let out a breath. “Will it be ok with your parents?” he asked. “Hell no.” Nancy replied. “I’ll just say I’m staying at a friend’s house or something. I’ll figure it out.” “Ok.” he said as he yanked a piece of paper out of a notebook. He scrawled out his address and handed it to her. “Meet me there at 6 pm sharp.” He began to walk away before turning back. “Otherwise we’ll leave without you.” Nancy seriously doubted that. She walked out to her car to see Mike leaning up against it. 

“What took you so long?” Mike asked. “I had to reschedule a study session with Eddie.” Nancy said as she unlocked the car as they both got in. “Weird way to pronounce date.” Mike sassed. “Whatever.” Nancy said. “We rescheduled for tonight.” “But tonight is-” “The Battle of the Bands, I know.” Mike eyed her as his sister started the car. “Mike, we’ve survived worse.” “But even I wouldn’t take El to a metal concert.” “It was my idea, not his.” Nancy said, driving back to their house. “So it is a date.” Mike insisted. “You really need to stop listening to Dustin. He just listens to Steve and Robin all the time.” Nancy grew annoyed. “And what’s wrong about that?” he asked as they pulled into their subdivision. “You know damn well why. I have zero intention of dating anytime soon.” They pulled into their driveway. “Don’t tell Mom and Dad. They would freak.” “Agreed.” Mike said as they both walked into the house. Karen was putting away groceries as Ted was watching some sport on tv. Nancy dug her hands into her cardigan pockets to assure Eddie’s note was still there. 

“Mom, Abigail invited me to her house tonight to help out with a paper. I probably won’t be home until late tonight. Is that ok?” Nancy chewed on the inside of her cheek. “Of course honey. Are you eating there?” “Yep.” Nancy lied. Who knew what would be available there. “I’ll be ok, don’t worry about me.” Nancy ran back upstairs, leaving Mike to help with the groceries. She quickly scanned her closet, realizing most of her pastels and skirts wouldn't fit with the night. She threw on a pair of black jeans and a gray knit sweater. She went to the bathroom to fix her hair before grabbing her textbooks. She was out the door and doing her best to follow the directions Eddie left for her. They took her to a trailer park. She knew Max already lived across the street. She pulled into the freshman’s driveway and knocked on the door, hoping Max was the one that answered. 

“Nance, what are you going here?” Max asked. Anymore, the girl looked tired, her hair tied back with a dark colored scrunchie. “Um, can I park here? I’m going to the Battle of the Bands with Eddie tonight and I don’t want anyone to get the wrong idea.” Max almost broke into a grin. “Yeah of course. We don’t need that.” Until the door closed in her face, Nancy realized the girl was being sarcastic. She almost wanted to invite Max to help her get away from her mom. But unfortunately Max wasn’t old enough. Nancy barely was, just turning 18 a few months ago. She reached back into her car for her books and ran back to Eddie’s. She knocked. 

“Hello, hello Big Wheeler. Come on in.” he said, letting her in. The smell of weed immediately hit her in the face. Eddie put out the one he was smoking upon seeing her sniff the air. “Sorry.” There were 3 others on the couch. “This is Grant, he plays bass.” Eddie began. Grant nodded in her direction. “This is Gareth, he’s on drums.” Gareth waved. He was a junior as the both waved at each other. “And this is Jeff. He’s on electric guitar.” Jeff waved as well. “And I’m Nancy since Eddie didn’t bother to introduce me.” “He did.” Grant interrupted. Nancy let out a small oh as she sat down on a nearby chair.

“Can I get you anything?” He asked, brushing off Grant. Nancy’s mouth ran dry. “Water please.” She said, beginning to dig around her bag. She immediately felt eyes on her as soon as Eddie left the room. She turned to face the band. 

“Can I help you?” She asked them. “We were just wondering-” Gareth began. “Why are you here? You don’t want to get too dirty do you?” Grant rudely said. “No. I’m just here to help Eddie pass.” Nancy said with annoyance teetering in her voice. “What class, he’s nearly failing them all?” Jeff joked, easing the tension Grant had set. “History but I have been helping him with all of them at this point.” She looked into the kitchen wondering what was taking him so long. 

“Are you two together?” Gareth asked. “What. No. I’m helping him study.” “Good.” The boys exchanged glances before Gareth spoke again. “How much do you know about our kind of music?” They filled her in on their band and their songs as Eddie returned with a glass of water. At some point Nancy had him look over their history textbook, continuing to listen to them discuss their band. Around 6:30, they all piled into Eddie’s smelly van. Eddie insisted she took shotgun. She once again noticed the band members whispering to themselves in the backseat. She brushed it off as Eddie popped in a tape. “Iron Maiden?” she asked. “Mm Hm.” he mumbled as the tape began to play. She would never listen to this in a million years but found herself tapping her foot to the beat. She grabbed a book from her tote bag. 

“Now?” he asked. “Yes now.” Nancy replied, annoyed. She asked him a few questions and he answered them mostly right. “Damn dude, how’d you get that wrong.” Gareth teased at a particular wrong answer. “Whatever.” Eddie rolled his eyes as the venue was in sight. 

They pulled in, found a parking spot, and walked to the stage. The contest was near the fairgrounds in Indianapolis. Nancy followed them backstage. 

The more she looked around the more she realized how much she stood out from the rest. Eddie picked up on her tense frame. 

"These people are honestly the nicest ones you've ever met." He reassured. "I'm not afraid of them. I'm more afraid of getting lost in a place like this. I stick out like a sore thumb." "So do we." Jeff added with a smile. "Honestly look at us. You're the least of their concerns." They all walked to a sectioned off area and set up their instruments. Nancy sat on the floor, writing in a notebook trying to tune everyone else out. After practicing, Eddie and Nancy talked for a bit more. Most of the bands had played before a speaker boomed. 

"CORRODED COFFIN TO THE STAGE PLEASE." 

Nancy nodded at them. "Good luck!" She called as they ran off. She lingered there for a minute before running up to the stage left, to get a good view of the performance. 

What shocked her the most was that Eddie was the lead singer. His voice felt like it could split her in two. Her heart thudded in her chest as the song ended and he glanced her way. 

Oh no. No.

She couldn't be. They had barely interacted during her 3 previous years of high school. She offered him a small grin and wave in return despite feeling like she was going to vomit. They played a few more songs but that went by in a blur. 

He ran to her immediately after their set ended. Night had fallen over the contest. Winners would be announced within the hour. Nancy was anxious for him. They studied more. Nancy was looking over his notes when she felt a presence looming over her. Eddie looked up as well as they both stood. Nancy suddenly felt very small. 

"Tell your girlfriend to scram Munson." The man said. "And why should I." Nancy challenged. "She's distracting to my guys over there." The man said pointing back to his group of equally burly men. They looked at Nancy as if they wanted to eat her alive. 

"I don't see how that's my problem." Eddie said stepping in front if her. Nancy desperately wished she had her tote bag nearby with her pistol inside. Then another booming voice interrupted the exchange. 

"WE HAVE OUR WINNERS SELECTED." the loudspeaker said. "CAN CORRODED COFFIN, ABLE SPEAK, AND RENOVATION BLUES COME TO THE STAGE PLEASE!" 

Eddie, Gareth, Grant and Jeff whooped. The man stormed off. "Don't bring her here again, we may have to take her somewhere and treat her right." Nancy felt like she was going to vomit again but for a different reason. As soon as the man was gone, Eddie turned to her.

"You good?" He asked. She nodded and grabbed her bag. Gripping it tight. The Bands ran onstage. Corroded Coffin hoisted their trophy into the air and pocketed the check. They all hurried back to the van.

The band in the back passed around a celebration joint as Eddie drove them all back home. Nancy grinned at their joy. Finally the joint was passed to her. Then a memory came back in a flash. The night Barb disappeared.

"No thanks." Nancy said. "Suit yourself." Grant muttered. "Damn dude. Did you have to pick the most vanilla tutor?" Gareth said. 

"Vanilla. I am not vanilla. Smoking is just gross. You'll regret it one day." "It's not for everyone." Eddie agreed. "The freshman of the group don't." Nancy breathed a small sigh of relief. "That's why we're the freaks and the others are tolerable." Nancy just shrugged. 

"The show was amazing by the way. I had no idea you sang?" Nancy added. "Yeah. Our lead graduated last year and doesn't want to hang out with us anymore." Eddie shrugged. "I was nearly coerced into choir my freshman year." Nancy laughed. Nancy didn't notice his gaze on her as they pulled into the trailer park. 

“You can head home if you want. We’re going to just smoke all night and plan our campaign. If you don’t want to stay, that's fine.” Eddie said. “As fun as that sounds.” she said with a laugh. “I told my mom I’d be home tonight.” “We should’ve rescheduled.” he said, taking a puff of the joint. “Yeah.” Nancy smiled. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She got out and ran to her car. She half expected him to follow her.

Eddie waited until she drove off to go inside. “Lets celebrate loverboy.” Gareth teased. “Serenade us.” Jeff said as his own high began to kick in. “You all suck.” Eddie said as they entered the trailer. 

Nancy got home to a quiet house. As she walked upstairs the basement door creaked open. Mike appeared in the doorway. 

“So. How was your date?” Mike said. Nancy just groaned. 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.2M 51.7K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
376K 6.2K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
551K 19.9K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.3M 50.3K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...