Harry Potter and The Shadowed...

Від itshannieee

After the final battle Harry learns some unsettling truths about himself and those who he trusts the most. Fo... Більше

The bonds that hold us
Unlocked Potential
A look beneath a mask
The master of Three
Hello Old world, I'm back
Honey I'm home
Snake in the nest
Revenge served cold
Magical Maze's
Allies and Enemies
Friends, old and new
A web is cast
Then there were three
Let the disillusionment begin
Black family values
new experiences and namely friends
Fate really does like certain events
Unravelling a web
Far fetched reality
Four out of five
Second year
A peacock and two weasels
Traditions
Building bridges
Secret chambers and sacred maps
How to get rid of a peacock
foolish plans of a peacock
Theft and compulsions all around
A diary
yuletide
An inner circle
Mortem Magicae
Call me Marvolo
A complete soul, more or less..
Relocation
A baby Dark Lord in the making
Part two
It begins
It's not all sunshine and daisies
Bug Hunting
The First Steps
Will there be dragons?
Magical interventions
I see fire
End of a Legend
A monster of our own making

How to catch a goat

9.2K 408 151
Від itshannieee

Chapter 45

~

Previously

Sirius pulled a face at the snake tongue, "again, seriously?" he whispered

Smirking, Harry drew away and hugged his father, "I've missed you too, why don't know."

Sirius tightened his hold, "because I'm awesome."

"you're certainly something," Lucius muttered. The children who were waiting for Harry, laughed at that.

Pulling away Harry let his magic caress his mates one last time, "write to me if anything happens?" he asked.

"I will, I trust you to do the same," Marvolo said with a nod.

///

Albus paced his office as he waited to hear back from St. Mungo's, the hospital ran on taxes and donations, so was free to use for magical British citizens, however outside sources, such as an international tournament or the world cup, needed to pay towards their treatments. This change in policy had been introduced years ago, and Albus had supported it, now though it was coming back to haunt him as he did not have the funds to pay for an expert. Both his private, and Hogwarts own school funds, were running dangerously low. However he knew he couldn't not get young Ron the best help, if only to save his reputation, he couldn't have his champion left unattended.

Green flames broke him from his thoughts as magical creature specialists stepped from the floo.

"Welcome welcome," Albus greeted, smiling genially.

The healer at the front scowled at the headmaster, "where is the boy?" she demanded, unsure why the headmaster had summoned them here instead of directly to the hospital wing.

"Now my dear, I thought it best to greet you here and inform you of the situation."

"We have been informed, your medi-witch has kept us up to date. You're just wasting precious time now, headmaster."

Albus scowled but swung his arm out to show them to the door, he would walk with them to the hospital wing, perhaps if they saw the state of the boy they would forget about the bills. He could always argue his way out of it by garnering sympathy about poor Ron's fate. Everybody knew of the financial difficulties faced by the Weasley family, added with their recent loss... Yes, he could use that to spin his tale.

Still, that he even had to think up such plans was tedious, he deserved better. If only he still had access to Potter's money, then this wouldn't be a problem, or even just having access to his own powers. Whatever the brat had done to get out of the tournament was still affecting him, his magic was still weak and lethargic. He was getting desperate at this point. If anybody found out he would be done for, he could hardly function daily at the moment, simply casting basic charms left him breathless. He needed more power.

///

Harrison sat with his friends in the great hall, they had all joined him at the Ravenclaw table, surrounding them where the students from all schools. The anxious energy that the students let off being mirrored by the staff who sat up on the dais.

"Do you think he will be able to continue?" Draco asked

"If he's able to, he has to," Blaise pointed out, "the rules are clear, he competes or he loses his magic."

"He will, though I think he is starting to realise his mistakes,'' Luna agreed with a hum.

Harrison titled his head, he wouldn't forgive the boy, but if he took himself off the board, so to speak, he supposed he would be able to let him go. He knew that although a part of him craved retribution, to see the redhead withering in agony under his wand, he would be able to settle for Ron fading away into obscurity; out of sight out of mind.

Harrison let out a breath, "we will have to wait and see."

The twins shared a look of dissatisfaction, "too little, too late," they muttered.

A delicate throat clearing drew Harry's attention, standing behind him was Fleur.

He hadn't had much to do with the French champion this time around, beyond speaking to her about the dragons. He had seen her in passing with her friends as they often sat at the Ravenclaw table, but that was it.

"Can I help you miss Delacour?" he asked, seeing as she hasn't spoken yet.

The part veela tilted her head and for a moment looked conflicted, "I wanted to thank you," she said, "you warned me when you didn't need to."

Harry nodded, "you have nothing to thank me for, I only gave you a tiny hint. What you did with it was all your own hard work."

Fleur nodded, "still, you helped me, so I wanted to thank you. I realised now how dangerous this competition is, thanks to you I had time to practise, and prepare. Without that I could have..." she cut off, her hand coming up to hesitantly touch her face, "I am alive and well, thanks to you," she whispered.

Harrison nodded, "then you're welcome."

The veela smiled and Harry was momentarily stunned, he wasn't trapped by her allure, but simply taken back by her beauty. He heard a few people around him gasp and knew that his friends were probably only just holding onto their decorum. As she wandered back to her friends Harry noted that more than a few of his fellow students sent him looks that ranged from envy to awe.

"Interesting," Harry muttered, he knew that Fleur had grown up to be accomplished witch last time, but it seems the shock of the first task had brought about her maturity faster.

///

Rita flew towards the form of Dumbledore, the old man had been off his game in recent weeks and she was able to move about the castle with more ease than ever before, as he seemed to stop noticing everything around him.

She had been hesitant when first approached by the boy-who-lived all those years ago, but now she thanked her lucky stars that he came to her, he had made her career.

///

Albus circled his office, he had a plan but it was risky. Still he needed to be strong again, not for himself but for the greater good. Tom was back, therefore he needed to be strong enough to fight him, he couldn't let the dark win

Glancing at the book he hardened his resolve, it was the only way.

Grabbing a handful of floo powder he stepped into the fire and shouted, "St. Mungos."

Appearing at the hospital, it didn't take him long to locate Molly, though actually gaining access to her was difficult.

"I understand she is under observation, but I must speak with her, it is in regards to one of her children."

"She isn't allowed visitors. Mrs Weasley received some terrible news moments ago and had to be sedated."

Albus groaned, he knew what news it was, he had been sure she wouldn't have heard yet; He had not informed Arthur yet either, clearly somebody was meddling.

"I understand, I won't disturb her rest, but just seeing her for myself so I can tell poor Ronald that his mother is okay, it would mean so much to him."

The healer looked torn, Albus could see the hesitation and uncertainty in her eyes, "a few moments is all I need," he added, adopting the grandfatherly façade he was so known for.

"Five minutes, that's it," the healer agreed reluctantly.

Albus nodded, pleased that somebody was finally doing as he demanded.

Entering the room Albus looked around in disgust; the wards and enchantments would make his job harder but his plan would succeed, he needed it to. Pulling out a pepper up he poured the potion into the drooling witch's mouth. Molly looked awful, since little Ginny's untimely death she had lost weight, her frame, while still fuller than some, was somehow also diminished, and her red hair liberally streaked with grey. She had aged a decade in the last year.

Seeing her eyes blink open, Albus stood back, allowing her a moment to reorient herself.

"Albus?"

"Hello de-

"- YOU, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" the witch screamed cutting him off, spit spewing from her mouth and a crazed look in her eyes.

Albus recoiled in shock and disgust, he was relieved when he saw the magical restraints holding the witch back, it was the only thing protecting him from her wrath.

"MY POOR RONNY, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT. YOU AND THAT POTTER DEMON!"

Albus grimaced, he understood her upset, he did, truly, yet sacrifices must be made for the greater good, she would recognise this one day.

"I know you're upset, but trust me, young Ron is getting the best help possible. I will do everything I can to see him recover from this tragic accident."

"ACCIDENT? This wasn't an accident! My poor boy will be scarred for life. Never able to see properly again, disfigured and disabled."

"Dear, I swear to you, Ron will recover. I will see to it. I will make Potter pay for what he's done." Albus wasn't beyond throwing the brat to the wolves, it was his fault after all.

Molly seemed to calm, "you swear?"

Albus knew better than to swear a magical vow, so instead he nodded, "trust me dear."

The witch nodded, eyes growing manic again as she imagined getting retribution on the boy she blamed for her children's fates.

"Though in order to do so I require your help,'' Albus finally announced, finally confident enough to reveal the true reason he was here.

"Help? Haven't I helped enough? Hasn't my family suffered enough? What help can I give when I am trapped here by that boy and his blasted father?"

"That boy, when he tricked the fire into making Ron take his place, cursed me as well. I've kept it hidden from the public, so as to not cause panic, but, my dear it is my magic; He has drained it, weakened me," Albus said solemnly, watching as horror etched itself across Molly's face.

"But you're the strongest wizard alive."

Albus nodded his head, pleased that somebody saw him for who he was, "I know, whatever this curse is I can't shake it, and I dare not seek help as if it got out then You-Know-Who would surely make his move."

Molly nodded frantically, "of course, I understand. How can I help?"

"I need you to share your magic with me, not a lot, you wouldn't even notice it," he lied, or rather misled.

Molly frowned, magical sharing was an intimate thing, only done between family and lovers, and even then it wasn't common, "Albus..."

"I know it's a lot to ask, but it's for the greater good. Think of everything you've sacrificed, Molly, think of your children, their future. I need you to help me, to help them."

Molly's resolve hardened, "do it," she agreed.

Albus smirked internally, he would have attached the leach anyway, but having Molly's cooperation would make the process much easier.

Pulling out a potion he had made previously, he instructed Molly to add 7 drops of her blood, excitement building as the witch didn't hesitate. After she swallowed the potion he pulled out his wand and started muttering the incantation, his mind so focused on what he was doing that he never noticed the beetle flying out of the room. He felt the connection snap into place and for the first time in weeks felt a rush of magic within himself. It wasn't as strong as he was used to but it was stronger than he had been before. Relishing the feeling of having magic back, Albus didn't notice Molly's eyes going unfocused, too caught up in his elation.

///

Pain.

Pain.

PAIN.

That is all Ron knew, he opened his eyes as consciousness came to him, or rather, he tried to. He couldn't see out of his right eye, the darkness distracting him momentarily from the agony he was in. Why couldn't he see?

"Waa-" he broke off, speaking impossible as moving his face sent unimaginable agony through his being.

"Ah Mr Weasley you're awake, please don't try to speak or move," a firm voice said, drawing his attention.

He was in the hospital wing but it wasn't Madam Pomphrey talking, but rather a younger and much sterner looking woman, who was wearing St. Mungo's robes.

Ron stared at her, he couldn't remember what happened but the pain he was in, he knew it must be bad. They had magic and potions, usually you could be healed quickly, that he wasn't already better was a bad sign.

"Do you remember what happened?" she asked.

Ron blinked, forcing himself to think... He remembered the tournament, how Potter had forced him to compete... no, it wasn't Potter's fault. The headmaster made him compete, and made Ron go after Potter. He had been promised a life of fame and fortune, of adventure alongside the Boy-Who-Lived. Yet Potter wasn't like the stories the headmaster had told him growing up; Potter was just another slimy snake, Ron didn't even like him.

Still he tried to not focus on that and instead thought of what he last remembered...

He was about to go compete, he had to face a dragon...

A dragon.

He had fought a dragon.

Bile rose up as he realised why he was in agony.

He had seen dragon fire scars, Charlie had a few, but his was small, surface wounds at best. He knew that his scars would not be small.

Seeing the boy's growing panic, healer Sinclair sighed. She had been outraged when she heard they were introducing the tournament, knowing the risks could lead to something like this. This boy would forever bear the marks of his actions. His face, although they had done their best, was half covered in thick scar tissue. They had been lucky in being able to magically grow back some of his flesh, filling in the holes, but even with magic they could only do so much as dragon fire was magical in its own right. His eye was gone and until the healing was complete they wouldn't know if an artificial eye could be added.

"You've been through something awful, but now it's time for you to be strong," she advised the boy.

"A mirror," Ron croaked out, fighting through the pain.

Jessabelle paused, "I don't think that..."

"A mirror!" Ron shouted, or rather tried to shout.

With a hint of pity she waved her wand, summoning a mirror.

Ron stared in horror, his head was bound in bandages, but he knew it was bad, his right eye was covered. Bringing up his hand he whimpered when he realised he was missing fingers.

He was a monster.

Seeing the terror on the boys face healer Sinclair dispelled the mirror.

"I know that this is hard, but with potions and healing you can be expected to recover. You will carry scars, but they shouldn't affect your ability to live a full life."

Ron however didn't hear her, didn't even notice the mirror disappearing, too caught up in his eternal misery. This wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't supposed to get hurt. The headmaster had promised him it would all be fine.

The headmaster had lied.

///

Albus entered the healers wing with a flourish of bright robes, His mood had been great since leaving the hospital and the return of his magic.

Seeing Ron awake he dropped his smile, he couldn't appear happy, not if he wanted his pawn to help him.

"My dear boy," he said softly

Ron ignored the headmaster, caught up in his head as he realised his whole life had been a lie.

Albus frowned, looking closely, he noticed that Ron's eye was hazy and unfocused. Stepping closer he stepped into view, "Ron," he said, louder this time.

Ron blinked, turning to face the man he now knew was to blame for all of his problems. Oh he still thought Potter was evil, and he was sure he had something to do with Ginny's death, but he now realised it wasn't all Potter's fault.

"My dear boy, I can't even begin to apologise for the pain you must be in, but rest assured I've got you the best help," Albus said, smiling gently.

Ron blinked, but remained silent, the headmaster wasn't worth the pain of speaking.

"I know you're probably upset, but rest assured I will do everything in my power to make it so that you recover fully. One day this will all be a distant memory, something to look back on and laugh at."

Ron stared at the man in shock, he couldn't believe that he had once brought into this man's lies.

Seeing the disbelief, Albus frowned, "I can help you Ron, you just have to trust me."

Ron blinked, his heart wanted him to say yes, to trust him, but a part of him knew he shouldn't.

Albus saw the wavering trust in the young man's eyes, "I know I've failed you, not lived up to the promises I've made, but let me fix my mistakes Ronald. Let me fix you."

Ron felt his anger dying in place of hope... Dumbledore was powerful, and if anybody could fix him it would be him, he didn't trust the man, and wouldn't help him anymore, but he was willing to do what he could if it meant his face would be fixed.

"How?" Ron croaked out.

Dumbledore smiled, "I can place a glamour over you initially, with my magic sustaining it it will be impenetrable," he boasted, "while that is placed I can find a more permanent solution."

Ron hesitated, but memories of what he had seen in the mirror won out, and he found himself nodding.

"The most effective way for this to work is to trick your body into thinking that my magic is yours, therefor I will set up a little bond with you," he lied, he wouldn't use the word magic bond with Ron as he had seen how sceptical he had been, also the boy wouldn't understand what was happening unlike his mother, so he could be kept in the dark, for the greater good of course.

Ron frowned, but agreed as it made sense.

///

A few days later saw the students from all three schools enjoying themselves in Hogsmeade, even Harrison was smiling as he watched his fellow students bustling about the busy streets of the magical village.

"Anywhere you need to go?" Blaise asked, he had been standing close to Harry as the rest of their group decided where they needed to go.

"Honeydukes, I could do with resupplying, and maybe grabbing a few extra rolls of parchment. But other than that I'm good," he replied.

Blaise nodded, "your obsession with their dark chocolate is unhealthy, I love it."

"What about you?"

"I need some more sugar quills, as well as a new pair of winter gloves. I can't seem to find mine."

"I can get you your sweets master while you're in your meeting,'' Luna said, appearing as though from thin air.

Harrison tilted his head, "meeting?"

Luna nodded serenely, "a little fly told me there she's caught a massive story."

Harry blinked, "I see," he replied, digging out a handful of coins and giving them to Luna, who frowned but accepted the gold, even though it was more than she would need.

"Harry, please tell Draco that I don't need him to buy me new robes and that the ones I have will be fine for the ball."

"I'm sure Neville will look fine, Dray," Harrison replied.

Draco scrunched up his nose, "fine is not fine, we must all look our best."

Harrison rolled his eyes at the petulant pout on his cousin's face, "Neville will look amazing, I'm sure. Don't worry Draco, we won't let you down and force you to associate with poorly dressed wixen."

"How do you know? Have you seen his grandmother's hat? If she helped him pick his robes then you can't guarantee anything. You at least have Sirius to help with your lack of fashion sense."

Harry laughed, "rude, very rude."

"Tell me I'm wrong?"

Harry smiled, "shall we meet up at the pub in an hour?"

They all agreed, splitting off until only Blaise and Harry remained standing, "you don't need to accompany me," Harry told his friend.

Blaise smiled, "perhaps not, but I would feel better if you were not alone."

Harry felt something inside him lighten at his friend's proclamation, "come along then you worry wart, we have a reporter to find."

Harry headed to the hogshead, he knew if Rita was anywhere she would most likely be there. Entering the pub Harry noticed the lack of customers and how Ableforth didn't even look up at the chime of the bell. This was a place where people knew to mind their own business. Moving to an unoccupied table hidden in the corner Harry didn't even flinch when a beetle landed on his arm. Pulling out his wand he quickly cast privacy wards, making Blaise goggle at the casual show of power.

Once the wards were in place, Rita transformed, making Blaise exclaim in shock.

"I see you've brought a friend, little lord, I trust he knows not to mention anything he sees or hears?" Rita said, eyeing Blaise suspiciously.

"I trust Blaise."

Rita nodded, she wouldn't push the issue as she had come to respect the young man in front of her, he had made her career, and their deal was undoubtedly the best thing to ever happen to her.

"I have news about the old goat."

Harry inclined his head to Rita for her to continue.

"He's been acting erratic since your display in the great hall when your name was called. So I decided to follow him..."

Harry hummed "that was risky."

"I think his punishment was worse than we all suspected. I think his magic was taken, not all of it, but enough to significantly weaken him. He didn't even notice me..."

Blaise let out a horrified gasp, not that he didn't think Dumbledore deserved much worse, but rather the idea of losing his magic was immensely disturbing.

Rita nodded in sympathy to Blaise, she too had been horrified when she reached her conclusions, she too believed Dumbledore got exactly what he got, but still, the idea of losing her magic was awful.

"I followed him to St. Mungos, he was visiting Molly Weasley. She was enraged at him because of Donald's poor condition..."

Harry internally sniggered at Rita's refusal to correctly name people she didn't think worth her time.

"He eventually calmed her, and that's when he did it..."

"It?" Harry asked.

"He attached a magical leech to Mrs Weasley. And from the looks of it it was a strong one, if she ever fully recovers from it I would be surprised."

Harry felt his eyes widen, he couldn't believe Dumbledore would be so foolish, to do such a thing in a hospital was beyond risky.

"You're sure?" He asked, just to be safe.

Rita nodded, "I left straight after, I wasn't willing to see if he could sense once he had access to magic again."

Harry nodded, he didn't blame Rita, she wasn't known for her bravery, that she fled wasn't surprising and he didn't judge her for it.

Blaise gaped at the information he had just found out, "what are you going to do?" He asked Harrison.

Harrison ruffled his hair, sending his curls wild, "for now nothing, that includes you Rita. You will expose his actions, but not yet. I think it's time we finally brought in the aurors. It's time for Dumbledore to be found out."

Rita nodded, "I can wait, but I won't sit on this for long. I will give you until the end of Yule."

Harrison inclined his head, that would be more than enough time for his plans to come together.

///

Ron sat in his hospital bed listening to the healers. They had done all they could and compared to what it had been, it was better, but he couldn't help but feel disgust. He was a monster. The reconstruction had been painful and the results left him with no gaps in his flesh, but half of his face was mottled with thick scar tissue, which would fade with time apparently, but would always be there. His eye, the one which he lost, was unable to have magical nerves attached, so although he had a fake in place, he was unable to see out of it; His ear was gone alongside half of his hair, which made its loss all the more visible, although he had been given a hair growth potion which he would be taking soon which should help. Finally, on his hand the headers were able to regrow his fingers, though he lacked feeling in them, making them near useless.

"Apply this cream every other day," the healer instructed him, passing over the vial.

Ron took it, hand shaking, he still felt weak. "Thank you"

After the healers left, Ron rolled the vial in his palm. Even with it, he would still look horrifying, unless Dumbledore came through on his promise. He hoped Dumbledore came through on his promise.

Closing his eyes he started to doze off, his sleep had been troubled recently with nightmares about that day; burning golden eyes, dragon fire, and pain.

He slept for a few hours, or so he assumed, before waking. He didn't know what woke him, for once his sleep was calm. However, soon he saw the figure of Dumbledore standing in the corner.

"It's time my dear boy," the old man said.

Ron nodded, "you can fix me?"

Albums smiled as he pulled out an amulet he had charmed, the necklace had two purposes, it would reinforce his will on the boy, and act as a lock point for the glamour he had crafted.

Growing up, Ron had accepted his mild compulsions, and had never fought them, meaning that now he didn't need to place additional ones as the old were interwoven to his very soul. The younger such things were placed the harder they were to overcome and remove. This meant that Ron Weasley's personality was specifically crafted by Dumbledore and his mother over the years. Even if he tried, Albus doubted the boy would ever be free, or rather, ever be sane, if they were removed.

"You will still be injured but this amulet will make it so that nobody can tell. It holds a very powerful glamour created by me," he boasted.

"What happens if I lose it, or it gets taken from me?"

"Only you can remove it, so as long as you never take it off you'll be fine."

Ron nodded; hope filling him at the prospect of looking normal, "thank you."

Dumbledore nodded, "now before you put it on, I will need to access your magic, it will strengthen the glamour," he lied.

Ron hesitated but nodded, "okay."

Dumbledore pulled out the vial, "it requires some of your blood."

Ron hesitated, internally warring however his desire to look normal won out, "okay."

Dumbledore smiled as he took the blood and added it to the vial. Pleased as he watched as the child swallowed the potion without any of his mothers hesitation. Muttering the spell, he grinned as he felt magic well in him, he felt stronger.

Ron gasped as the potion took effect, he suddenly felt tired, "is that it?" He asked, too young to know the ramifications of his actions.

Dumbledore paused, "of course my dear boy, the initial sharing is always taxing but you'll be back to normal soon enough," he lied.

Ron nodded, eyes feeling heavy, "thank you."

Dumbledore smiled as the child drifted off to sleep, a part of him felt guilty, a magical leech in a child was dangerous and usually he wouldn't stoop so low, but for the greater good he was willing to do anything. He had to be strong enough to fight evil. If it wasn't for that traitorous Potter brat then he wouldn't have needed the leeches... yes it was all his fault.

///

Harry watched as his letter flew off, his instructions to Marvolo and his family being to compile all of their evidence against Dumbledore. It was time to destroy the man, let the world know of his actions and the evil that he did in the name of the greater good. He doubted Dumbledore would go down easily, but destroying his reputation and legacy before they killed him was something Harry wanted with a burning passion.

"He won't go down without a fight," Luna chimed.

"I didn't expect him to," Harry repeated, he knew Dumbledore would fight, a part of him couldn't wait. He wanted to fight the man, to watch him suffer.

"Neville has been looking for you," she said suddenly.

Harry turned, he hadn't spent as much time with Neville recently but still considered the boy his best friend, other than Luna herself.

"Come along then, we shouldn't keep him waiting," he said, offering his arm to the tiny blonde.

Harry found Neville sitting in a small alcove with Hannah and Susan, "hello guys," he greeted.

The trio looked up and smiled.

"I heard you're looking for me Nev," Harry said.

Neville smiled, "I'll talk to you two later," he told the girls before standing.

Harry followed him wordlessly, "is everything okay?" He asked.

Neville nodded, "I heard that you might need some help with the ball."

Harry paused, "who...? Luna."

Neville nodded at the smiling blonde, "she may have mentioned that for all your grace, you don't actually know how to dance."

Harry paused, Neville wasn't wrong, he didn't know how to dance, "so you're going to teach me?" Harry asked, he remembered from last time that Neville was a very good dancer.

"I thought you'd like my help more than Draco's."

Harry smiled, "Ahh you would be right. Thank you, Professor Longbottom."

Neville flushed, "Luna said she knew a place we could practice and that you'd want to know both how to lead and be led."

Harry nodded, he hadn't thought about it but knowing both would make sense. He doubted Marvolo would let him lead often, but he would no doubt have to lead at least some people around the dance floor.

Harry realised quickly that Luna was leading them to the room of requirement. Entering the room he saw it was rather basic in its set up, with mirrored walls, and a large gramophone being the only additions that Harry could see.

"So I thought it best to teach you to lead first, after you've got the basics down you can switch to Luna, changing partners should help you memorise the steps, after that learning to follow should seem easy."

"You'll also be taking me to the ball," Luna said smiling.

Harry tilted his head, he wasn't opposed to the idea as it made sense, he hadn't thought about having a date.

"We'll have to open the dance," he told her.

Luna nodded, "I know, I don't mind. I've already got robes to match yours."

Harry smiled, "I can't wait."

Harry found that learning to dance this time wasn't as bad as it had been. For one he didn't need to feel embarrassed in front of his friends, and without an audience staring at him he found it easier to focus on what Neville was showing and telling him.

"Do you think you can lead Luna now? Neville asked.

Harry nodded and gently took Luna's hand, slowly they fell into rhythm together.

Neville smiled watching them dance, they looked like day and night together. If he hadn't known, he wouldn't have guessed that Harry had only just learnt the steps, They flowed together gracefully.

After the song ended Neville clapped, "right now, I'm going to lead, this should be easier as you're just following me."

Harry danced with Neville again and even Luna who grinned at the chance to lead him in a dance.

"Thank you," he told the Gryffindor gratefully.

Neville smiled, "it's okay, I'm happy to help, and to be honest, me actually being able to help you felt good. You always seem so much, well, more, that you needed my help, well it made me feel useful," Neville said, making Harry frown slightly.

"You are useful, but even if you weren't, you don't have to be useful to be my friend Nev."

The blonde boy smiled ruefully, "thank you."

///

Marvolo felt a wave of emotion when he spotted Hedwig flying through the window towards him. His little raven was good at keeping in contact while he was away at school, yet still every time he saw the bird he felt happiness. Removing the letter from her, Marvolo waved his wand, conjuring a stand for her to rest while she waited for his eventual reply.

Reading the note Marvolo smirked, he wasn't shocked by the lengths Dumbledore was willing to go to, not anymore. He had always known the man wasn't as pure as he portrayed himself to be. Ever since his rebirth and the restoration of his sanity he had been thinking and reflecting on his past and his own actions. He had realised that Dumbledore had never given him a chance, he had been suspicious and caustic towards him from the start. The man had practically forced him into his role of dark lord. Marvolo wouldn't be surprised if he had even directly influenced some of his actions, though he knew that finding out such things would be nearly impossible.

Penning a reply, Marvolo watched as the snowy owl flew away before standing and walking towards the fire, he needed to summon Lucius, and probably the mutt as well.

///

Sirius followed Remus through the floo, a part of him was still in disbelief about where he had ended up. Had you told him 10 years ago that he would be answering summons from Voldemort he would have cursed you, yet here he was.

Once Lucius arrived the four men settled down in a drawing room.

"Dumbledore has finally made a move that he cannot work his way out of," Marvolo announced to the men, "it would seem his attack on Harrison left him without his magic, or rather without most of his power, and rather than repenting and asking Lady Magic for leniency he has decided to attach a magical leech to Molly Weasley."

Sirius gaped, "but isn't she in St. Mungos still?"

Lucius nodded, "she is, her initial week turned into more after the healers decided her mental health needed closer monitoring."

Marvolo smirked, "her hospitalisation makes it easier for us, Harrison believes that we now have enough evidence to destroy him; Before his actions were against his opponents, now he endangers his own light followers."

Remus hummed, he hadn't realised that this was the reason why they had been waiting, he had believed they had enough to go to the aurors years ago, "this will destroy his reputation amongst the light."

"And make it easier for his eventual annihilation. Before if we killed him he would have been a beloved martyr, now though, he will die as a heretical has-been," Marvolo said savagely, his magic leaking out and filling the room with dark intent reminding the others just why he was a dark lord.

The other shared looks, they are ready for Dumbledore to be removed from power. They didn't doubt that taking away his reputation would let stop him, but it would be a step in the right direction.

///

Harrison ran his hands down his chest, smoothing out his dress robes. The robes were an iridescent dark green that appeared almost black, yet when hit by light showed various shades of green, Underneath he wore black trousers and an emerald shirt, which together brought out his eyes. He had pulled his hair back into a bun, allowing pieces to fall out, softening and framing his face. With one last look over he nodded, and walked out to meet Luna.

Waiting for her, Harry exchanged words with people still in their common room. It would seem everybody was excited at the prospect of a ball, even those who ran in pureblood circles where such things were not uncommon. Still the ravens general attitude towards the tournament hadn't changed; Especially as Ronald Weasley hasn't been seen since his brush with the dragon, the Hogwarts rumour mill had been going wild with conspiracy theories. Harry knew the boy was alive, yet even the twins hadn't seen their brother, he had been in seclusion in the hospital wing since his accident and refusing visitors.

Hearing bells, an indication that Luna was near, as she nearly always had some strung in her hair, Harry turned and smiled. He had done her hair earlier before she had gone to get dressed, their tradition not being put away for a simple dance. Still the completed image she made drew Harry's breath away. Luna was beautiful, inside and out, and tonight that beauty shone. Her dress was tulle, with layers of various shades of green, staring out a pale colour and ending by her feet a dark emerald. Around her neck she had a daisy chain, something she had most likely made herself. Smiling, he took her hand and placed a kiss on it.

"My lady," he greeted, pleased when she smiled

"You truly look like a lord tonight, My lord," Luna replied.

Harry shook his head, "Well I couldn't look anything but my best for you, and Merlin knows what Draco would do to me if I showed up in anything but my finest robes."

"He is very particular when it comes to clothes."

"I hope tonight will be fun," Harry commented as he lead her towards the hall

Lina hummed, "it will be an unforgettable night."

Harry tilted his head at her choice of words, "oh..?"

Luna however just smiled, "come, we should meet the rest of your circle."

Rolling his eyes at her choice of words, Harry led her without comment from the room. Entering the hall, Harry saw his friends congregating near a table towards the back. Walking towards them he noted that other than the addition of Angelia Johnson, the rest had either come together or picked a date from within their group.

The twins quickly approached him, George leaving his date with his friends.

"Is everything okay?" Harry asked once close enough.

"We finally saw Ronniekins," Fred said.

"He looks as though nothing is wrong, but there's something off about it..." George continued.

Harry frowned, he knew the power of glamours but he hadn't thought Ron capable of casting one, and having somebody else cast one would be energy consuming to the caster. That's why glamour amulets were so expensive, the magical cost was high meaning few could create one, making the physical price astronomically expensive.

"Was he wearing an amulet, or a broach?" Harry asked, the gem needed to hold such a glamour would be large.

The twins frowned, "I didn't see one?"

"Nor did I brother mine."

Harry titled his head, "Dumbledore must have done something; dragon fire leaves scars, there are ways to minimise them, but not ones that British healers would use or, no offence, that he would be able to afford."

"None taken my lord," George said, eyes showing his honesty. "We know about dragon scars, Charlie has his fair share, even with his less than light connections in Romania helping with his."

Harry pursed his lips, a suspicion forming but he didn't think Dumbledore would stoop so low...

"He would," Luna said, eyes hard.

Harry shook his head, the headmaster would be ruined when this got out, he couldn't wait.

"McGonagall also had to bribe one of the fourth year girls to open the dance with him," Fred said.

Harry let out a chuckle under his breath, Ron never had much luck with girls, "who was the unlucky lady?"

"Lavender said she would do it, though she only said she would do the opening dance. She couldn't be swayed into staying with him all night."

"A noble sacrifice on her part," Fred added.

Harry laughed, he hadn't considered that Ron would have to open the dance with a date. He also briefly wondered if his robes would be the same...

They were, and they were worse than he had remembered.

Harry watched as the champions entered, fleur accompanied by Roger Davis once more, the quarter Veela looking ethereal in her silver robes. Viktor however had a different date, obviously, this time he was accompanied by a 5th year Slytherin Harry recognised but couldn't name. The quidditch star once again looked stern but Harry could see that his eyes softened briefly when talking to his date. It was Ron's entrance that drew his eyes the most, not just because of the ghastly robes, but his general attitude. his face, or rather glamour showered his displeasure as he entered the room. His movements leading lavender looked jerky and the poor girl, for Harry in this moment could pity her, appeared to be having a hard time.

"His face is off" came the surprisingly insightful observation from pansy.

Harry hummed, he had been watching the Gryffindor and his friends were wrong, the glamour was off.

"Look at him..." Draco sneered, "those robes are at least 100 years out of fashion, if they were ever in fashion, and has he ever heard of a comb?"

Harry rolled his eyes as the rest let out laughs, the twins shaking their heads.

"We would have offered to charm them for him,"

"But we really didn't want to," George finished.

Draco shuddered, "honestly, it's like he forgets we have magic."

Harry chuckled, "shall I add this to the list of reasons why we dislike the boy?"

Draco rolled his eyes, "it doesn't help his case, is all I'm saying."

Hearing the music change Harry felt a tug in his arm, "dance with me my lord?" Luna asked

Harry smiled and gently took her hand, happy to see the rest of his friends setting up similar arrangements.

Dancing with Luna was easy, they flowed in and out of the crowd but stayed near their friends. After a few dances Harry led Luna away from the dance floor and headed to the refreshments.

"You dance well little raven," a silky voice said, causing Harry to turn quickly.

Marvolo stood there, hair coiffed and robes pressed.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked

"I couldn't resist the opportunity," Marvolo replied, smirking at his little mate.

"Has Dumbledore seen you yet?" Harry asked

"No, I've been keeping a low profile, I thought I would see you first before I greeted the old man."

Harry laughed, stepping closer so that they were nearly chest to chest, something Harry noted as it would seem he had grown slightly since the first task.

"He's going to lose his mind," he commented, hands itching to reach out and touch his soulmate.

Marvolo hummed, "such uncouth behaviour, hopefully he will remember that we're hosting our foreign friends. It wouldn't do to be known internationally as a has-been."

Harry laughed, "that would be a shame."

Luna giggled, "have you considered a dance my lords?"

Marvolo turned to the girl who always appeared to be with his soul mate, something he didn't think he liked, "a dance?"

"It's a ball, and you're trying to make connections. Surely you can dance with a young and important heir?"

Marvin hummed, "I suppose I could dance, what do you think, my soul?"

Harry smiled at him, "I don't know, it seems like such an imposition for you?" He hissed

Marvolo's answering smile was more smirk, "you would never be an imposition to me little one. Though your current age does make it harder for me to truly dance with you how I would like."

Harry felt himself flush, "you're an arse," he said in English

Marvolo laughed, "dark lord."

"Come on then my lord, show me what you can do," Harry said offering up his hand to his mate.

Marvolo took the hand and easily pulled his little raven through the crowd, the dancers parting for them without thought.

Harry laughed as Marco navigated the room, he had noticed it before but it was all the more clear when they were together; their magic made people subconsciously submit and move out of their way.

Coming to a stop, in what Harry would assume was the centre of the room, he allowed himself to stare up at his mate for a moment.

"Did you come just to push the old man over the edge?" He asked

Marvolo hummed, gently taking his little mates hands and starting to lead them, "no, that was simply a bonus that I can't wait to exploit."

Smiling Harry allowed himself a moment to indulge in simply being in his soulmate's arms. Letting his magic out he allowed some to twine with Marvolo's, the feeling making him breathless.

"Are my father and Lucius here?" Harry asked after a few moments of dancing.

"Indeed, I do believe the only reason that the wolf isn't with us as well is because of the moon," Marvolo replied, he too sounded slightly horse, their combined magic clearly having had an effect on him as well.

///

Sirius watched as the dark Lord disappeared into the crowd of students. A pet of him wanted to follow him as he didn't doubt he would end up at his pups side.

"Come Back, we should go and greet the judges and headmasters," Lucius said, eyes alight with glee.

Sirius knew that Lucius had been given an additional task tonight, but what exactly that entailed he didn't know. Following the blonde Sirius smirked when he saw Severus standing with the teachers, the expression on his face something that would t be out of place on a man in the gallows.

With slightly more bounce in his step he approached the potions master, "you know, my mother always used to tell me that my face would stay that way if I glared as hard as you are now."

The sigh Severus let out was whole bodied, "what could I have possibly done to be punished like this? I'm forced to dress up and spend my night ensuring that the students don't end up adding to the population, which was bad enough and now you're here to torment me."

Sirius smiled widely as he came to a stoop close to the man, "come now Sev, your night just got all the better from simply seeing me."

Severus allowed his eyes to slowly trace up the lord's body, lingering a a few areas before forcefully continuing in his perusal, a part of him outraged that he couldn't help but be impressed by what he saw, "well a pretty face does do wonders for one's disposition ."

Sirius spluttered out a laugh, "you wound me, I'm surely better than pretty?"

Severus smirked, "whatever helps you rest your head at night."

Sirius shook his head, "so mean to me Severus, after I came all this way just to see you."

Severus rolled his eyes, not noticing how his colleges had gone quiet and we're now watching them with hidden smiles, "I'm sure, and your son being here had nothing to do with it?

"Fine, but I did come and greet you first, that surely counts for something."

Severus felt a part of him soften, "an honour."

"One that many would kill for, I assure you," Sirius added with a wink.

Severus rolled his eyes, though quickly stiffened when he saw his Lord and Harrison now standing in the centre of the dance floor. He couldn't believe that his lord would come here after the fiasco that Dumbledore pulled at the Wizengamot.

"Tell me you slipped something into my drink that is causing me to hallucinate," he said to the former marauder.

Sirius turned, "I would never," he said, hurt clear in his voice, "why would you.." he drifted off when he saw where Severus was looking.

"What hurts the most about this, is that I can never give him the shovel talk," Sirius whined after a beat. He knew the dark Lord would go looking for his pup, but he had thought the man would lay low.

Severus let out a choked laugh, "yea, that is the worst thing about this situation."

Sirius pouted, "it is..."

Severus shook his head, before noticing that Lucius had disappeared, "where has Lucius gone?" He asked the still pouting man.

Sirius around, "I don't know, he was right there... though he was given something to do by..." he trailed off, eyes finding the dark Lord, who was now dancing with his pup. The sight of them together making Sirius sigh, even with the knowledge that they were soulmates, and that Harry had been through this all before, he couldn't help but want to protest.

Severus stilled, hoping nothing bad would happen tonight if only to spare the children who still possessed their innocence. "You have no clue?" He asked

Sirius frowned, "no, maybe Harry does?"

Severus looked over at the dancing couple, who without even realising seemed to be drawing the eyes of the crowd. They had a natural magnetism, and even though Severus would bet this was the first time, they moved together as though they had been dancing with each other for years.

Still before he could ponder the Dark Lord's plans some more, a hush fell over the room, Dumbledore had appeared and the look on his face was one Severus would cherish for years to come. Many had recognised the dark Lord, not for who he was, but as Lord Gaunt. The old man was furious, eyes bullying and lips pursed, practically shaking with righteous indignation.

"You!" The old man bellowed

The pair dancing stopped, Severus noticing how Harry rolled his eyes at the smirking dark Lord. Severus made a mental note to talk to the boy about appropriate responses to real threats. 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

505K 31.5K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
6.6K 393 21
Events of Too Little Too Late from Tony Stark point of view. Tony is going through depression throughout the begining. He will have suicidal thoughts...
216K 9K 25
Disclaimer: This story is not mine. It was written by dra6on on fanfiction.net Attempting to erase his memory, Lord Harry James Potter-Black actually...
1M 45.4K 91
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC