Righteous - Bradley Bradshaw

By MickeyTheMess

Callsign: Skywalker Ranking: Lieutenant Status: Pilot Best Friends: Jake Seresin and Robert Floyd Wants as h... More

Top Gun
~Skywalker
~Dead?
~Graduate
~Above the Hard Deck
~As I live and breathe
~Good Morning Aviators
~Signature Move
~Cobra Maneuver
~Fireworks
~I Ain't Worried
~Miracle numbers 1-3
~Saying Goodbyes
~Two Fifteen
~Meant for each other
~Is it terrifying?
~Talk to Me Dad
~Radar Warning
~Good Ideas
~Out of everything
~Flight Attendant
~Side Effects
~Land of the Living

~Explain Yourself

1.2K 20 7
By MickeyTheMess

After returning to the house, Oakley had asked to be left alone. Jake's slap had resulted in a fist fight, which Oakley won by the way. Jake's cocky attitude has probably cost them the friendship. 

After disappearing into the bathroom to clean her cuts, her pained whimpers are heard throughout the shared house. Bradley, after listening for a few minutes, left his room. 

'knock knock'

"What?" Oakley snaps as she presses hard on her knuckle. "Can I come in?" Bradley's voice startles her, he was not on her list to show up. Opening the door to Bradley, he sees the full extent of what Jake did. 

"Oh love. Can I help?" pointing to the cloth in her hand, she nods. 

"Here, sit." Pulling herself up onto the counter, she groans as her hand hits the cold. "Are you okay?" Bradley asks as he cleans the wounds on her face. Wiping the blood off her forehead, he watches as a tear rolls down Oakley's cheek. 

"I don't know." Oakley sobs. Pulling her into a hug, Bradley lets her cry into his shoulder. Nobody seems to know why Jake has had a sudden mood change and it's not doing anyone any favors. 

'after the events of today, we will be skipping training tomorrow. Everyone is to meet at the Hard Deck at 0900.'

a text from Maverick pulls Oakley from Bradley's shoulder. "The Hard Deck?" Oakley questions. 

"Maybe he is encouraging early morning drinking." Moving to her hands, Bradley works so as not to put pressure on her split knuckles.

"Thank you." 

"For what?"

"For taking care of me."

"Always sweetheart." The old nickname just sliding out of Bradley's mouth startles both of them. 

"Oh no! I forgot you wanted to take me somewhere!" Oakley exclaims. "It's okay, you are hurting, we can do it another day." Bradley offers. 

"No I want to talk today." pushing herself off the counter, she turns to Bradley. "Give me a few minutes to change." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you taking me?" Oakley asks as they drive away from the house. "It's a surprise." 

"I don't like surprises." 

"I know, but don't worry bout it. You will like it." Bradley smiles at the girl in his front seat. "Is there food involved?" 

"You'd really think I'd take you somewhere without food?" 

"I don't know." She laughs. Pulling into a parking lot, he waits until the realization comes to Oakley. Which is taking a long time. "Um?" After watching her stare for a while, Bradley lightly taps her arm. "Do you know where we are?" He asks. 

"I can't believe you remembered." Sitting in front of them was the same café Bradley took Oakley to celebrate her return to flying. 

"Yeah, I could never forget this place." Opening his door and running around his truck, he opens the door for Oakley. 

"Thank you." Lowering herself down, her ribs twinge. "Oof." 

"Are you okay?" He asks. 

"Yeah, just sore." Nodding, he walks beside her, watching her steps. 

"Hi there, table for Bradshaw please." Bradley instinctively reaches for Oakley's hand which, much to his surprise, she lets him. 

"Here you are, your server Miles will be with you shortly." The hostess sets the menus down as they slide into the booth. "Thank you." Oakley smiles, picking up the menu. 

"What is good here again?" Studying the menu, her stomach starts to growl. Oh she's hungry hungry. 

"Hi there, my name is Miles. I will be your server tonight. Can I get you folks something to drink?"

Looking up, both Bradley and Oakley had to do a double take. Their server, Miles, is almost identical to Bradley. Right down to the hair. "Woah." Oakley's jaw drops. 

"Um, drinks?" 

"Right, um I'll just have a water." 

"And I'll have a Long Drink." Taking her eyes off Miles, she turns to Bradley who is picking at his nails, a nervous habit of his. 

"What's up?" She asks. Looking up, Bradley sighs. They have a lot to discuss and Bradley doesn't know where to start. 

"First, I want to apologize. I don't know exactly why it happened but it did and that is no excuse to you. I didn't mean for us to drift apart, I hope you know I never wanted to lose you." Playing with his hands, Bradley takes in a shaky breath, which Oakley can't help but notice. 

"Um, when I found out that Mav pulled my papers I spiraled. I had crashed three planes, I started drinking. And that day when you had called for our weekly facetime, I was passed out at the bar. I almost got kicked out of the navy. So I couldn't show my face to you because I knew I would disappoint you."

"I didn't want to show you that your Bradley was no longer your Bradley." 

Listening to Bradley speak, tore Oakley's heart in pieces. He was so afraid of disappointing her, and calling himself your Bradley just broke her in two. 

"And before I knew it, too much time had passed. And I was still working on myself. So I couldn't just call you up." Bradley finishes as the drinks arrive to the table. After ordering the food, Oakley gets up to walk to the other side of the table beside Bradley. 

"You do realize that you will always be my Bradley? Even if you aren't presently in my life. I don't think I could ever have another man in my life that could replace you. I'm sorry you felt that you couldn't make me proud or that you would disappoint me." Grabbing his hands, she looks at him as a small smile shows off his dimple. 

"Look, like I said the night I saw you, I'm here to fly." Turning his cheek to look at her, he waits for her to continue. "But I am also here to fix this. I want to fix this. I need my Bradley back in my life and I don't want it to be awkward passing glances or dry comments. Okay? I want to be friends with you, I want to be Rooster's wingman. So I forgive you as long has you don't do it again."  Sighing, Bradley smiles at her feeling like a weight just got lifted and he can breathe and function with his friend back.

"Hi there, my name is Oakley St. James. What's your name?" 

"Bradley Bradshaw, nice to meet you." Smiling hurts the bruises on her face but she manages. 

"Clean slate?" He asks, sticking out his hand. 

"Clean slate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'back at the house'

"Hey, Phoenix where is Oak?" Jake leans into the room that Natasha and Oakley share to see Natasha sitting on her bed. 

"Why do you wanna know? Are you going to sucker punch her again?" 

"Look, things have been pretty sucky for me lately so I'm sorry. I'm trying to find her to apologize."

"She's out with Rooster." 

"Do you know when she is going to be back?" 

"Nope. I didn't ask her because I trust Rooster."

"Let me know when she's back." 

"You can find out for yourself but I suggest you stay away, you just broke that friendship dude by beating her up." Slamming the door in his face, Natasha huffs. 

Any feelings for Jake have left the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 5.6K 14
⎯ 𝙩𝙬𝙀 π™₯π™žπ™‘π™€π™©π™¨ 𝙩𝙀𝙀 𝙨𝙩π™ͺ𝙗𝙗𝙀𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙀 π™–π™™π™’π™žπ™© π™©π™π™šπ™žπ™§ π™›π™šπ™šπ™‘π™žπ™£π™œπ™¨ 𝙛𝙀𝙧 π™šπ™–π™˜π™ π™€π™©π™π™šπ™§. ...
333K 3.6K 42
All Imagines are about Top Gun and are mine you can also find them on Tumblr.
910K 25.8K 62
❝ i wanted you, you wanted me ❞ b. bradshaw x mitchell!oc top gun: maverick (2022) πŸ›© lowercase intended Β© hollywillow-
76.2K 1K 16
june mitchell, call sign 'hawk' has always wanted to follow her father, pete 'maverick' mitchell, into the navy. she goes to top gun with a family fr...