Jesse-Satan's Instrument (Seq...

By ArianneBarroma

He wasn't finished. He wasn't going to be defeated. Especially not to a teenage girl. She didn't quit. She w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 23

288 13 1
By ArianneBarroma

Chapter 23

                                                                                 Jesse

               I felt a strong pressure under my fingers, a warm sensation trickled the tips…what exactly was happening?

               Suddenly I felt a small vibration underneath my hand, like someone was struggling to breathe.

               “LET HER GO!” A strong voice shouted from behind. I tried to turn my head around, but I couldn’t. I could barely see out my own eyes! What was going on?!

               Then, out of nowhere a heavy load hit me from the side, sending my body flying to the ground.               

               “Oh, the boy wants to fight!” I heard my voice speak.

               Did I say that?

               “Damn right I do!” The previous voice shouted.

               Soon, a stiff pound hit my face, again and again.

               Laughter escaped my lips.

               The hitting stop and I felt my face grow swollen, my laughter still continuing.

               “Oh, dear,” An old voice whimpered.

               Lucifer?

               “Seems as though they’ve escaped.”

               They?!

               “Jesse,” Lucifer called out. “Are you still in there?”

               “Sadly,” My voice answered.

               “Eugene shut your mouth, I wasn’t addressing the question to you.”

               Eugene!?

               “Jesse, are you there my son?”

               I didn’t say a word.

               “Well nether the less, you’re friend has escaped. She has an angel with her. Things are far more complicated than I predicted. So, our approach has to be a little different I’m afraid.”

               “What do you purpose?” My voice asked.

               “We need to go home; we need to go talk to some old friends.”

               My eyes began to open from my command this time. My body was sore, and I could feel the bruises around my eye.

               “What the-“ I mumbled suddenly finding myself lying on a bed.

               “Sorry about that mate.” A man spoke from behind me.

               Abruptly I turned around. There standing in a dark button shirt and dark pants. His shirt had three buttons undone from under his chin. Disgusting…

               I glared at the man.

               He curled his thin lips into a smile. “Now, let’s not get angry. I’m going to need your body again.”

               “For what?!”

               The man chuckled, causing his black eyes to squint, and his dark hair to fall around them. I didn’t like him. “For fun of course, I’ve haven’t talked to living humans in a long time…besides, I adore hurting your little Lucia!”

               “Lucia? You mean, the girl who killed my grandmother.”

               He rolled his eyes. “Yes, that beauty…a little killer. What a shame, she’s quite a sight.”

               I felt a strong feeling of repulsion growing in the pit of my stomach.

               He laughed. “Name’s Eugene,” The man reached his hand for a shake, but I ignored it. “Now, come one. Let’s go…I told Lucifer I would bring you down to the Hall after I got out.”

               He gestured for me to follow him as he walked out a door.

               Where was I!?

               The corridors outside the room were long, and narrow. Each side contained multiple doors…every single one of them held a plaque that read a name.

               Before I knew it I found myself standing in front of a large door. When we walked in, I spotted Lucifer, standing on the top of a stair case facing a crowd of people. Above us was a chandelier. I glared at it. Why did it look so familiar…?

               Around the room stood glass table cases, each held something, like an artifact from different eras. When Eugene gestured for me to stop, we had stood beside one glass case that held daggers. All the blades mocked me. All the blades shone at me in taunt. All three of them.

               Suddenly Lucifer began to speak. The people around us grew into a hush.

               “Ah,” He took a sigh in. “Ladies and Gentlemen. I bid you a good wakening from your rooms.”

               Rooms? Was this a hotel?

               The crowd slowly began to murmur. As far as I could tell everyone around me was confused…

               “Hush hush my children. I know it’s all a little abrupt the way I’m about to handle things. But let’s cut to the chase shall we?”

               Once again the people grew to a whisper.

               “You all are going to be given one special chance at a wonderful fear-free life. I am so very aware of your rooms, and all the horror you are facing. But believe me you all well, bluntly put, deserve it! Being the devilish people you are.” He chuckled. “But, this deal…this deal is going to be placed under the table. My presence above…well it won’t last long, and won’t go unnoticed. But everyone else! Well…let’s just say, you can all be my little instruments.”

               “What do you want us to do?” A grungy woman shouted from the corner.

               A smile grew across Lucifer’s face. “I need you to start a riot…but not just any old revolt. See, if you all agree to do this in a clean fashion manner, and succeed mind you. A life will be given back. You can live on earth again.”

               On earth again…? What?!

               “Who are you?!” A man cried in anger.

               “The devil my good lad,”

               A scream escaped the teenage girl beside me.

               Lucifer shook his head. “Oh goodness, it’s not that shocking!”

               “What do you want?! Why are you letting us go?”

               “I just need one little favor; one little death…who ever can do this…well is rewarded with their life. Your soul will return into a body, and you may prance around anyway you please.”

               People began to grow loud. Whispers and talk were spreading around the crowd. Everyone was talking to anyone. What exactly was his favor? Who would get their life back? Why was he so generous? Was he telling the truth? What did he want?

               Frustrated, I raised my voice above the loud crowd. “What exactly is your favor?”

               The man in the suit, smiled. The devil smile he always seemed to have reserved for me. “I need you to kill a girl. I need you all to kill Lucia.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 92 25
This is the final book to the series, or is it? Every journey has to reach its end. But how will her story will end is the true question. Nicole has...
237 22 11
A lost soul can only mean bad things. Right? Yes. Onyx is an average girl. Lives by herself, very friendly and kind, never read any horror or to viv...
21.7K 829 10
"My fucking french fry!" "Suck it bitch." °•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•° Adam was beaten to the point he fell towards the mortal plan. Now he lives 'temp...
5 0 8
Ella Lopez was having a bad day... or week... or however long it had been. First there was being asked to drop her cool aunt act to deal with her fr...