The Curse of A Life Time

Da rustymccarthy2012

A girl named Sarah Allen is a psychic medium who can see the dead amongst the living. Her whole life she has... Altro

CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- Truth
Chapter 12- Nightmare on Fridley Ave
Chapter 13- Jail
Chapter 14- Missing
Chapter 15- Rushing
Disclaimer
Chapter 16- James
Chapter 17- Break
Chapter 18- Hospital
Chapter 19- Figuring It Out
Chapter 20- Carter
Chapter 21- Rain
Chapter 22- Shell Shock
Chapter 23- Dog House
Chapter 25- New Things
Chapter 26- WEED
Chapter 27- BFF
Chapter 28- Crash and Burn
Chapter 29- Heat Wave
Chapter 30- I'm Alive
Chapter 31- Darkness
Chapter 32- Finding the Light
Chapter 33- Six Feet Under
Chapter 34- Soran
Chapter 35- M.I.A
Chapter 36- Something in the Orange
Chapter 37- Eyes On Fire
Chapter 38- White Tee
Chapter 39- Witcher
Chapter 40- Sanctuary
Chapter 41- Mary on a cross
Chapter 42- Deja Vu
Chapter 43- YUKON
Chapter 44- Yeah Right
Chapter 45- Cinema
Chapter 46- Late Night Talking
Chapter 47- Easier
Chapter 48- Bring Me Back To Life
Chapter 49- Death by Dishonor
Chapter 50- Sweet Creature
Chapter 51- Fed Up
Chapter 52- Sleep On The Floor
Chapter 53- She Knows
Chapter 54- Matte Black
Chapter 55- Fight or Flight
Chapter 56- The Hanging Tree
Epilogue
BOOK TWO!!!!

Chapter 24- Confusion

17 1 0
Da rustymccarthy2012

The bell rings and I gather my stuff together. Becky is one step ahead of me though.

All class she didn't pay attention or talk much. She is the smartest person in the class or even the school.

Something is definitely wrong. I think I am going to ask her about it at lunch.

She is the first one out of the room and when I finally get m stuff together, everyone is barging out of the doors to get to lunch. I see her at her locker and stop.

"Hey, are you ready for lunch?" She places her things in her locker and shuts it quickly.

Without thinking, she walks away from me. "Becky, wait up," I yell to her.

Before I can catch up, a long-toned arm pulls me back, I hit my back against a giant bulldozer. The intoxicating scent of rain and musk grabs my attention.

I try to pull away, but the grip on my arm is too difficult to get out of. "Let go," he simply laughs at my attempt.

"I wanna chat," the deep voice racks my brain.

By now the high school students are all in line for lunch leaving me behind with the one and only. My patience is running thin, what does he want?

I haven't seen him or even thought of him since the party. The moment I feel his breath on my neck I know what he wants to chat about can not be good.

I am too frightened to do anything. The vile rises to my throat and I slowly swallow it back down, I can not show him I am scared.

"Come on, Sarah," his voice echos my mind. "Come with me."

The pressure of his grip begins to ache and I oblige. Once I turn around, I see his eye connecting with mine.

"There, now I can see your pretty face." His eyes wander over my face and slightly brush my body, lingering on my chest.

Nervousness attacks me and I try to pull back again, "aw, don't do that."

"Walk with me, Sarah." My name coming out of his mouth sounds like poison. He drags me behind him as we meet at the stairs to the second floor.

He stops and turns to face me. No one in sight to save me, I feel like I am being looked at by a huge microscope.

The person in front of me looking for any uncertainty he can. The smile and eye movement say it all, he wants me alone and afraid.

"That was quite the party, you had everyone fooled," he says.

Staying quiet he continues, "I know you, I know the history and the faults you made."

He gently squeezes my arm, "I want you to know that I like your determination."

Feeling awkward I ask, "what do you mean?"

"Ah, she speaks," the fire between my thoughts and actions is begging to light.

He slips his hand away from my arm and I try to make a run for it. I use my hands to push him back into the stairs as hard as I can.

He stumbles a bit, not falling but taken back. I turn and run for the cafeteria on the other side of the hallway.

As I round the corner almost there, I am pushed into the lockers by his hands. "I didn't take you as a runner, Sarah."

His hands cling to my body and aggressively push me further. My stomach aches as the locks on the lockers imprint on my skin.

"Stop," I pant. "I am not going to hurt you, I just want to talk."

I wiggle around trying to get him off, but nothing seems to be working. He is stronger than me, way stronger.

With my last attempt, I bring my leg back and kick him in the balls. He lets go and falls back.

"You stupid bitch," I hear him say. His voice is now angry instead of calm.

I use my arms to push off the lockers. I hear him get up and take a step after me.

My head aches from him grabbing onto my hair, but it is quickly gone.

"Stay the fuck away from her, Jasper." Carter's voice echoes through the hallway.

Hearing a fight come behind me, I turn to see Carter on top of Jasper. Carter is heaving his weight swinging punches at Jasper.

Jasper swiftly moves the top of his body to the side and pushes Carter off. He stands up and strides over the Carter where he is getting off the floor.

Standing still, time seems to stop. I watch as Jasper picks up Carter with both of his hands.

The amount of rage coming from his face angers me, the sweet twisted smile is replaced with a furious frown. The veins around his arms perfectly match with is tanned skin.

Without warning, he slams Carter to the ground and I gasp in horror as his body flails off to the side. Japer whips his head around, blood driping from his nose and left cheakbone.

"P-please, st-top," I plead with Japer.

I look over to where Carter is lying on the floor, but confused when I don't see him. "AAH," Jasper is tackled to the floor by a seething Carter.

His face bruised and shirt ripped. He slams Jasper into the floor one more time, "I said stay THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!!"

I stumble back away from the masterpiece in front of me. Carter is standing over Japer with a look of hatred written all over his face.

Jasper is face down, lying unmoving while Carter's chest heaves. Carter is staring down at the boy from the party.

The sight in front of me gives me chills. The blood from both of the boys seeps into my memory tying to pull the nightmare I once lived.

Soran's voice screams in my ears from the past and the blood from my father's clothing embeads itself in my brain. The nightmares from my childhood take place and I invision the worst.

However, in this moment I push it away. I come back to reality.

Time comes back into play, "Sarah, Sarah." Carter shakes my body.

"Sarah, look at me, are you okay?" His voice brings my back, "you are alright."

"Let's go over here." Pushing my into an abandoned classroom, Carter sits me down in one of the desks.

He pulls one closer to mine and grabs my hands. His close contact makes me afraid, but I push it down.

"W-what just happened?" My voice sounds different from before, I don't reckadnize it.

I feel warm liquid falling on my face and soon taste a salty substance. "Don't cry, Sarah."

Through my thickened eyes, Carter wipes away my tears and pulls me into his chest. The warmth of his embrace makes me sob out.

My racked sobs cause him to hold me tighter, I can here him whisper things into my ear. His voice soothes my cries as I regain my composure.

"Sarah, I am so sorry that happened to you." I look up, "What did I do?"

He shakes his head, "You did nothing wrong, he just went ape shit."

I unwrap my arms from him and whipe my tears, coming back to my senses, I feel a power of comfort when I look at him. "Where did you come from?"

He looks a bit confused and then says, "I was walking down the stairs and I heard people talking. I followed the voices and saw him attacking you."

"I rushed over and tried to help," I take a deep breath, "you did help me, thank you."

I place my arms around his neck and bring him in for a hug. I rest my head on his shoulder and relax into him.

We stay there for a moment when he suddenly pulls back from me. He clears his throat and takes his arm from around me and places them on the desk in front of him.

Awkwardly, I do the same. I look around the room and spot a notebook on one of the desks.

I stand up from my spot and reach over the desks, I feel my shirt ride up. I quickly grab the notebook and pull my shirt down.

I open to a clean page and start doodling. My mind races of possibilities, the endless amount of thoughts, words, and feelings.

Confusion is what is most bothering me right now. I am confused about where Jasper has been, why he attacked me, Carter being there, saving me, and most importantly why I didn't feel anything paranormal with Jasper.

It was like he was completely human, no possession. The thought racks my brain until I am suddenly stoped.

"Hey, you are gonna rip right through the paper." Carter asks me, "what are you drawing?"

I look down to my paper and see a giant blob of blan ink. Where did I get that pen from?

No, I don't know what this is or what meaning it has. I think the word "wake up" is written under the giant messy blob.

"I don't know, something that is confusing?" it comes out more as a question.

"We should get going, lunch is about to end." I agree and rip the page from the book.

I set the notebook back and walk out of the room. It is now silent betweens us as we walk back to class.

Carter is walking on the left of me keeing an eye out for Jasper. When we get to the spot of the attack, he is gone.

Some blood left on the floor, but no other evidence he was here. "Come on," we walk a little further and we reach the room.

The door is shut meaning our teacher is still at lunch, "are you hungry?"

He opens the locker next to us and picks out a box of granola bars. He offers me one and I decline.

"I am not hungry," he raises his brows, "I lost my appetite."

He nods, but takes one for himself. The bell rings and the crowd of people start coming our way.

Our teacher reaches the door just in time to let us in, we walk to our seats and sit down. He glances my way, but looks away when his girlfriend walks in.

I see her walk over to him. She has a disappointed look on her face as reaches him.

"Where were you?" Carter peaks another glance, "I wasn't hungry, so I went to the library."

She rolls her eys, "you not hungry?"

"Seriously, I wasn't." He sits back and crosses his arms.

She takes another look at him, her eyes darting around his face. "Is that a bruise?"

He doesn't say anything, "Carter?" Nothing.

He notices me staring at him and he nods his head. Carter looks back at Courtney, "I got into a fight."

Courtney doesn't say anything right away, "with who?"

Before he can reply our teacher says, "alright, let's resume."

"We are not done talking about this." I mouth thank you to him and he slightly smiles.

Becky walks in durning a lecture and hands the teacher a note. She sits down at the desk next to mine and takes out her notebook to take notes.

She looks a little confused, but begins to jot down the lecture notes from the board. I peak over at her notebook and see there is letter engraving on the page.

'Wake up,' is noticeable on the page. That was her notebook?

You can clearly see the engravemnet of the huge blob and the writing, what was her notebook doing in that class room? She wasn't in there when we were.

She sees me staring and holds the notebook closer to her, she sticks out her tongue in a playful manor. Shocked, I stick my tongue out.

She stiffles a laugh, I am glad she is back to normal. My guess is that she is on her period.

#SHARKWEEK

We are now allowed to have solo work time, so I finish the notes and decide to go on my phone.

I scroll though instagram and snapchat. I have a new add friend notification on snapchat.

Daniel Brigs pops up and I go to his profile. We have tons of mutual friends and his snap score is pretty high. I add him back.

About three minutes later I get a snap from him. It is a picture of a dark room and I can see his hair in the corner of the picture. The caption says, 'hey.'

I reply back with, 'hey.' He opens the snap, but doesn't reply.

Losing interest, I decide to draw to pass the next hour of class. I grab my note book and pen and start.

Class is over now and I stop at my locker to my books for homework. Soran is bringing me home today, he has been doing that ever since the party.

Carter has really taken it to hurt with giving me space. Well, except for today, but I am grateful he was there, I could have died.

Walking out the door with Becky, she waves bye to me as she walks up to a car I haven't see before. "Hey, I still want to call you later."

"Okay, I get off work around seven, so call me then." I give her a thumbs up and walk to Soran's truck.

He is waiting patiently for me in the car. I open the door, "hi."

"Hey," he drops his phone in the middle council and gets in line to leave the parking lot.

"What did you have for lunch today?" he asks. "I didn't go to lunch, I went to the library."

"Oh, I heard they had grilled cheese." Are you serious?

I am absolutely flabbergasted, "you're kidding."

"Wait, did you not go to lunch?" He pauses, "no, I ate lunch with a friend outside."

"What friend?" Most of his friends eat in the cafeteria, if there was grilled cheese, he would have been there. It is mine and his favorite food.

He turns out of the parking lot. "Someone I made friends with," he says in a dull tone.

We made it home in one piece and once I am out of the car he says, "I won't be home until later, tell mom I won't be home for dinner."

I close the door and then instantly open it again, "where are you going?"

"Running errands," he reaches over, shuts the door and speads off.

I walk inside and put my bag on the floor by the kitchen table. I grab a water from the fridge and turn the T.V on in the living room.

From the window looking out, I see Carter's truck pull into the driveway to his house. He steps out and goes around the front of the truck.

A blonde girl steps out, Courtney. She kisses him harshly and she smiles at him.

At least someone is happy in the relationship.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

819 20 56
After the destruction of herself and her family, Sarah and Carter begin their journey of adulthood as the entity harbors them. Doing things they wish...
1.4M 22.8K 20
Seventeen year-old spirit medium Emily Chambers has a problem. Actually, she has several. As if seeing dead people isn't a big enough social disadvan...
44.3K 3K 34
Ivy Doyle can see dead people. Yes, like that one movie, that tv show, and the other show- except her life isn't a big Hollywood production with all...
10.8K 1.8K 33
A town with secrets. A girl with questions. And a revelation that's more shocking than any of them ever expected. * * * * * Sarah wants to spend...