The Crow

By Kyalls04

◤𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖 #𝟏 ◢ Rory Barton, The Crow, Hawkeyes niece. An agent for SHIELD, when a mysterious Asgard... More

Cast
She's Misbehaving
Loki's Arrival
Recruitments
Welcome Aboard
Fight and Flight
MAJOR AUTHORS NOTE

Ugh... Asgardians

90 3 9
By Kyalls04

   Tony's hand clasped onto the back of Rory's vest, catching her before she injured her self.

    "Ronda Anne Barton! Do you know how dangerous it is to jump out of a moving Quinjet, with no parachute, no gear protecting you, nothing?!" Tony's worried and annoyed voice made Rory roll her eyes.

    "I knew you would catch me." Her arms crossed over her chest with a huff.

    "Rory, your uncle would kill me if he found out that I let you jump out of Quinjet without protection. You need to be more careful." He said as he placed Rory down gently on a tree branch big enough to hold her safely.

    Her eyes casted down wards in shame. He was right, she just didn't want to admit it.

    "Sorry Tony..." Her voice barely a whisper.

    "It's ok kiddo. I just don't want you getting hurt in the field." His left hand reaching up to mess with her hair. She swatted his hand away.

   "Kiddo? You ok?" Tony asked after she swatted his hand away. She normally didn't do that.

    "Not at the moment Tony. We just lost the one person who knows where my uncle is all because of his damned adopted brother!" She said raising her voice as she spoke. Tears were threatening to spill out of her eyes.

    "I'll go get both of them." Tony told her, before flying off. Rory's furiously rubbed her eyes, trying to rid her self of the tears as a single tear fell down her cheek.

   A bright blast of light and loud thud noise of someone hitting the earth shook Rory out what ever sadness she just had. Looking up she saw Tony, with both hands up aimed towards the body on the earth.

   Upon closer inspection, she realized it was Thor. She had seen pictures of him when she was introduced to the Avengers initiative. Tall, muscular body, long blonde hair, silver armor, and the signature red cape. Her eyes glanced back at Tony, who was lowering slowly to the ground.

    "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" Tony's voice echoed in the empty forests of Germany.

    "This is not your fight tin man." Thor said as he stood up, brushing off the dirt from his outfit.

     "Yeah but Loki is our prisoner, so this is technically our fight." Tony shrugged his shoulders, arms still up in a defense stance.

    "Loki is a prisoner of Asgard."

    "Hate to break it to you Shakespeare, this isn't Asgard, this is earth."

    "Loki is still a prisoner of Asgard for a various amount of reasons."

    In the tree, Rory roller her eyes at the bickering between these two grown men. She nocked an arrow and pulled the string back to the end of her jaw. The tip of her arrow lined up with the center of Thor's chest, ready to fire when given the chance.

    Thor stood up to his full height, which had to be around six feet tall. He was definitely bigger than Tony and could take him out if given the choice.

    "You wanna go pretty boy?" Tony asked as the laser points on his suit began to light up.

    "I would crush you tin man." Thor retaliated, twirling his hammer in his hand.

    "Lets go then." Tony walked in front of the tree when Rory was perched, out of her sight, giving her a perfect shot at Thor.

    Sadly for Rory, the moon glinted off the tip of her arrow, alerting Thor to her presence. His eyes flashed to the branch Rory was perched on and cocked his head to the side a bit.

    "I'm sorry but why is the little on pointing at me?" Thor asked looking back down to Tony.

     "What?" Tony looked back up at the tree confused at what Thor was saying. He realized that he was talking about Rory.

    "Oh she isn't pointing at you, she's aiming." He said. A millisecond later, an arrow flew inches over Thors head, lodging its self in the tree behind him.

     "Next one's for your head!" Rory spoke up loud enough to be heard. "Now give us Loki!"

     "I can't do that m'lady! He is a prisoner-" Thor started.

    "A prisoner of Asgard and shall face his crimes on Asgard. Yeah yeah, we heard you the first time. We just need the cube." Tony interrupted.

     "Not happening." Thor said, running towards Tony, swinging his hammer to hit him. Tony flew up just in time to dodge the attack, but was hit in the chest by the hammer that felt like ten times his weight. He fell to the ground with a thud.

     "Son of Odin." Rory shouted, gaining Thors attention. She quickly nocked an arrow, aimed and shot. It was aimed right for Thors chest, but of course he narrowly dodged it. The arrow landed in the ground and exploded on impact, sending Thor back a few feet.

     "You have good aim." He said smirking with what looked like pride.

    "Thanks, learned from the best."

    "Well I must meet the best then."

    "One day Thor." Rory nocked another arrow and shot it above Thors head.

    "You missed m'lady."

    "Did I?" She pressed a button on her bow and watched as the arrow busted apart, sending a net flying to the ground. Hearing a soft thud behind her, she figured that Tony was behind her.

     "Stop shooting Rory." Steve's voice startled her a little. She glanced over her shoulder to see Steve looking down at her. She lowered her bow, placing the arrow back in the quiver.

    Tony got up with a small groan. It was clear that the hammer left a dent in his suit. The rest of his suit was dirty up from the black dirt of the mountain, but still functional to some degree.

     "Rory!" He voiced over the earpieces.

     "I'm ok Tony. Are you?" She replied back.

     Tony breathed out a sigh of relief. He stood up to face Thor, who had managed to get out of the net fired by Rory. He saw Thor had a giant smile on his face.

     "Nice trick Lady Barton!" Thor yelled out, causing Rory to smile.

     "Thank you Prince or King Thor!" She jumped down from the tree and landed in a typical hero pose. 

    "It's Prince for now." He said, walking over to Rory, offering his hand to help her up. She took it and stood up.

     "Ah soon a King then."

     "If all goes well."

      "Thor." Steve said as he jumped down from the tree, standing in front of Rory, blocking her from Thor's view. He was definitely taller than Thor by maybe two inches. He was also bigger in muscle.

    "Where is Loki?" Steve asked him, but Tony answered for Thor.

    "He won't tell you Capsicle. We have both tried." Tony was standing in front of the three of them, his armored arms crossed over the dent in his chest.

    "Holy- Tony are you ok?!" Rory collapsed her bow and placed in on a clip she had on her belt. She rushed over to her friend.

     "I'm ok kiddo. The suits just dented." He uncrossed his arms so Rory could see it was just the suit and that he was fine.

     "Very sorry about that Tin Man." Thor sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

     "It's fine Point-break, I have more suits." Tony crossed his arms again.

     "Point-break?" Thor and Steve said at the same time. They looked over at each other with a confused look on their faces.

     "It's a movie." Rory said with a shrug of her shoulders.

     "Are you guys done here? Fury's waiting for us." An overhead voice said. They all looked up and saw the quinjet with the hatch open. In the back was Lorry and a locked up Loki. Nat was in the pilots seat, keeping the jet at a hover.

     "Perfect timing Lorry!" Rory shouted up to him. He throw some ropes down for Rory and Steve to climb up. Thor and Tony just flew up to the jet.

    When they all got on the jet, Lorry took the other pilot seat. Tony took the seat closest to Natasha, Thor took the one in front of Loki. Steve sat closest to Lorry and Rory stood up, dealing with anybody's injuries, including Loki.

    She took a disinfectant wipe across a cut on Loki's cheek. He hissed out in pain, clearly not used to the alcohol in the wipe.

    "That hurts love." He hissed out, flinching away from the wipe every time it came near his face.

    "If you just gave up and gave us the cube you wouldn't be dealing with this." Rory snapped at him. "And stop calling me Love. I'm not your Love."

     Loki hung his head slightly, muttering out a small "Sorry." He looked pitiful, some could almost feel bad for him.

    Rory sighed and moved on to Thor. He had some minor cuts and burns from Tony and herself. His gaze stayed on his brother the entire time.

     "Thor, this might hurt a bit." Rory said as she gently wiped the disinfectant across one of his cuts. He flinched slightly but stayed silent. When all his cuts were clean, she took some aloe vera gel and rubbed it into his burns carefully.

     "Thank you Lady Barton." He said, taking his gaze off his brother for a split second, to give her a smile.

      "Just Rory is fine. No need for the 'Lady' title with it." She gave him a small smile in return.

     "Hmm just Rory, doesn't sound as strong, but whatever makes you happy." Thor told her. His gaze returned to his brother, who was now glaring at his brother. Loki was clearly unhappy with how Rory and Thor interacted.

    "No need to be jealous brother. Not of me at least." Thor whispered to his brother, glancing over to Rory and Steve. Steve had his arm around her shoulders and she was leaning against him, trying to fall asleep.

      "You have no idea what I'm thinking 'brother'" Loki spit out the word brother like is was poisonous. "She will come to me eventually." 

     "Loki, you have her uncle kidnapped and held under your control, she has no idea if her favorite person is ok, or if he's about to show up and take you back. She won't go to you eventually, you aren't even an option." Thor sighed at his brothers words. Loki truly had no idea how much Rory actually hated him.

     Loki hung his head a bit at Thors words. He was right. He's the villain in the story and when does the villain ever get the happy ending.

     "Capsicle, is she asleep?" Tony asked looking over to his friend who was currently curled up against Steve's side with her eyes closed.

     "I'm not sleeping Tony. I can't sleep on planes." Rory muttered, wanting to fall asleep. The tiredness was clear in her voice.

     "Why not?" Steve asked while looking down at her.

      "Don't know. Never been able to sleep on planes, no matter how tired I am." She mumbled back. She shifted in her seat to get more comfortable.

     "Rory, there is headphones above you in the compartment if you need them." Lorry turned his head back. Rory gave him the thumbs up, and reached up to take the headphones without getting up.

      "Ugh I can't reach them." She groaned and crossed her arms over her stomach. She felt Steve's muscles flex under her as he reached up and got her the headphones.

     "Here." He said, placing the headphones on her head. Rory huffed and connected the headphones to her phones bluetooth, mumbling about tall people.

     "That's the best 'thank you' your gonna get right now Cap." Lorry said turning back around, talking to Natasha about some flight related thing.

     Steve looked down at the girl resting against him. She is significantly smaller than him, in height and in muscle. He looked up from Rory and looked all around the jet. Thor was knocked out, Natasha and Lorry were talking flight, Loki had his head hung, his hair blocking anyone from seeing his face, and Tony looked like he was asleep.

      He glanced his eyes back down, one last time. Rory's breathing seemed to even out and she seemed relaxed, almost like she was asleep.

     "I can feel you staring Steve." Her voice barely a whisper. She felt the vibrations of him laughing to his self.

      "Sorry Rory." He said softly, not wanting to wake anyone who was asleep.

     "It's fine cap, now go to sleep and don't pull any of that 'I was asleep for 70 years.' You did it once already." She opened her eyes and looked up at him. He gave her a small smile.

     "Yes Ma'am." His eyes closed and his breathing evened out. Rory looked around at her friends who were sleeping and shut her eyes, falling asleep on a plane for the first time ever.

——
!Authors Note!
This will be quick so don't skip it please.

1) if you didn't know Rory's face claim has changed to Crystal Reed.

2) School has started again so updates will not be happening as much like with this chapter

3) Thanks for 100 readers I know it's not a lot but it means a lot to me

4) For this of you who read this and came from Lex's tiktok, welcome!
ok, that's all for now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 644 20
Brought to Earth by her mother, alongside her twin sister, at the young age of six, both Azar and Artemis train under SHIELD to become Earth's heroes...
563 15 17
In an effort to conceal herself from the world, Delia meets her old teammate in her favorite coffee shop. Unfortunately she ends up where she tried...
16K 978 29
After sixteen years of searching for their daughter, Bruce Banner along with rest of the Avengers finally find a girl claiming to be an Elizabeth Ban...
2.9K 116 9
Reader incomporated in The Avengers movie (2012) occurences, plotline's followed. Dr. Y/N Barton - Clint's sister, is ingenious scientist participati...