The Monster Battles

By Revenge_Way

the war is coming, and Juliette knows she is the one who will save them all. She is afraid of failing, but Ma... More

prolouge
Chapter 1 Juliette
Chapter 2 I Meet An Angry Vampire
Chapter 3 My Childhood Friend
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Author note
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
AUTHOR NOTE
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
21
CHAPTER 23

Chapter 10

6 1 0
By Revenge_Way

I wake up and it is Saturday. Because I hung out with Kellen all day yesterday, I decide to see if Max is busy.

I go downstairs and down the hall and I see one of our servants, Madeline, with a stack of paper.

"Oh, hello Princess Juliette. These are the invitations to your Changing. I was about to send some of them off."

I take a look at them. They are five by five and white with a red trim.

"They are lovely. Thank you very much. Do you mind if I take a few so I can give them some monsters personally?"

"Of course!" She replies.

I take the invitations and make my way towards Kellen's house first.

I finally get to the small shack and knock on he door hoping Kellen's father doesn't answer. The door opens a very tired looking Kellen opens up.

"Hey Princess, why are you up so early?" He asks grogily.

"It is only 8:30."

"Yeah, I sleep til noon on the weekends."

"Look, I just want to know if you want to come to Wolf Manor with me?" I ask.

His eyes light up and he says," why?"

"To give an invitation you butt" I chuckle as I throw one to him.

He smiles and says,"I will be there."

"Really?"

"Yeah, wouldn't miss it for he world." He smirks.

I just smile and he says,"Come on in, my dad isn't home. I gotta change really fast.
_________________________

I sit awkwardly on the couch and Kellen finally comes out with a white shirt and jeans.
"Ready?" He asks.

I nod and after fine minutes into the walk he says,"We should have rented a car. It is a little far. At least a thirty minute walk."

I suggest I ride on his back again. And so I did. He had that same fruity smell to him. The ride to Wolf Manor was only ten minutes thanks to Kellen.

When I hopped off I asked,"Kel, by any chance, do you use girl shampoo?"

He gave me a confused and disgusted look,"No! What do I look like to you?!" He responds.

I laugh and then we walk up to the guard.

"Hello I am Princess Juliette Vang of the vampires, and I would like to talk to Prince Max."

"No. Leave." The gaurd says.

"What? We are not enemies anymore. Call the prince Max down here himself!" I say angrily.

"Slim it princess its okay." Kellen says.

We wait for a few intense minutes and the guard finally calls Max down.

Max finally gets here and there is a large grin on his face,"Hey Juliette."

"Hi Max." I say.

"Listen Harley, these vampires are Now welcome, only royals for now. Understand?"

"I'm sorry sir.yes sir " Harley says.

"Come on in." Max says.

Kellen and I follow Max down a long hallway. He makes a few turns and we enter a small room. It was beautiful. The floor was marble and there was huge pillars that went to the ceiling. They had engravings of angels and werewolves. Basically all monsters.

"I was guessing you wanted to talk?" Max asked.

"Yes. Ummm Kellen can you leave for a little bit? This isn't a question its a command."

He puts his hands up as if he is surrendering and he exits the room.

I look at Max and smile, he smiles back.

"So, I take it that you haven't told all of your subjects about vampires and werewol-"

"No, I haven't, but I will. For now we just need to start preparing for the war." He replies.

"How can we prepare for a war if we don't practice together?" I shout.

He looks at me for a while and says," The royals have to know what strategies to use so they can show the commander, and the commander shows the warriors. They have to know potions, potions to make.... And I have a feeling you can't even use magic."

I shake my head and he says," Grab your friend and follow me.

With that, I grab Kellen and we follow Max. Wolf Manor was huge. Bigger than our castle. It was mostly made of marble and ceaderwood. Beautifully designed with murals everywhere.

We start to make our way downstairs and before I know it, we are in a dark, musky, underground tunnel. We walk for a few minutes and it is getting darker, the only light we have is the glow of a torch light.

My anxiety starts to rise and I think to myself, what if Max was lying to us, he did forgive a little fast.....

I was so lost in my thoughts and I trip over a step and ram into Kellen. He catches me and whispers,"You alright,Princess?"

I nod my head and realize that the light is probably too dim to see my head so I say,"Yeah, im fine."

"Is this some kind of a joke? We have been wandering around a dark tunnel for almost an hour! I'm starting to think we can't trust you." Kellen hisses.

Max scoffs,"Please, if I wanted to kill you I would have already. I'm actually trying to help you guys out."

I don't say anything at all. Instead, I take Kellen's hand. Not in the romantic way, but because I was scared. What if we can't trust Max? I really want to.

To my surprise, Kellen doesn't let go, but gives my hand a squeeze as if he is reassuring me.

His hands are so, so cold. But I keep holding on.

All of a sudden Max says,"Stop."

So we did.

"I think you guys need to know a little........ Magic history before we do anything. Is that okay?" Max asks.

"Yes. Now get on with it. You and I can see just fine, but Juliette is probably sick of the dark."

I totally forgot that vampires and werewolves can see in the dark. Kellen must have seen me blushing the whole time we held hands. To my surprise, we still were.

"Okay, okay. Well first of all, you need to know that witches aren't the only ones who can use magic." Max says. I can practically hear the smile in his voice.

Max explains how it took many, many years for other monsters to figure out how to make magic potions, and how to use elements for war. Then he explained how only werewolves figured out how to use magic, but theyonly use it for war. Then, Max said that he would teach Kellen and I how to use magic, so I could teach our troops how to use it for war.

"That's so cool." Kellen says in awe.

"Yes. Thanks for willing to teach us this,Max." I say

"No problem." Max says as he opens a heavy door where light is revealed.

I cover my eyes because it seems so bright after being in darkness for a long time.

I realize that Kellen and I were still holding hands, I look down and so does he. He blushes and takes his hand away, then scratches the back of his neck not making eye contact with me what so ever. As for me I just cross my arms over my chest and look down at my feet.

I look over at Max and see him smirking at us. He then guides us over to a table with a bunch of potions and ingredients.

"We keep our magic stuff far below so no intruders steal things."

"Well, at least you are cautious." I say while Kellen roles his eyes.

Max just talks about the elements fire, earth, water, and wind, and how we can use them by concentration and patience. He taught us how to make a potion to make a protection bubble. Yo need the element of wind mixed with the element of earth. It is quite a complicated process that Max can't even master it yet. And I have a feeling we will need this potion the most.

After three hours of hard work, but barely accomplishing anything, it's time to leave.

Kellen says thanks for Max's help and he wants for me by the door.

I smile sheepishly at Max and say,"Thanks.....for everything."

"No problem. I hope this helped you a lot."

I nod at him and pull out my Changing invitation and hand one to Max," I want you to come. It is this Saturday. Please come."

He looked at me and smiled genuilly," I will try, I might be busy but I will try." He says.

I awkwardly hug him and he still has that spice smell.

I say,"thank you." And with that I turn and walk away.

I catch up with Kellen and give him an invitation and say," Won't be a celebration without you there."

He looks at the invitation and licks his lips. He gives me a nod and turns into a bat and fly's away.

At first I think he is playing a trick on me, bit after waiting for ten minutes, I walk home. He is not like this.

What happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500K 14K 26
When young Ana, a servant girl, finds out that her mate is Alpha of her pack and the middle Prince of her city, she is too scared to show herself to...
47.5K 2.9K 47
2 years have passed when Jessica and David had gotten married. Daniel, the son of David and Kate, is falling apart. He feels as if his world is crumb...
49 2 25
She thought her life was normal until she met him. Now she's thrown into a war and she tries to find her place. Will she be able to do that?
1.8M 52.6K 56
*BOOK 1 of the WEREWOLF SERIES* "You're pregnant" Chace stated. My eyes widened. Oh shit. ------------------------------------- If you had told Lotti...