๐•ฎ๐–—๐–†๐–Ÿ๐–ž ๐•ฟ๐–”๐–Œ๐–Š๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–—...

Autorstwa Hobo_Arts

(๐‘ป๐’‚๐’Œ๐’†๐’” ๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’† ๐’๐’ ๐‘บ4) ๐–๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง, ๐‰๐จ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง & ๐‰๐จ๐ฒ๐œ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๏ฟฝ... Wiฤ™cej

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
- Cafรจ -
XXVIII
XXIX

XXX - FINALE (fr this time)

3K 75 1.7K
Autorstwa Hobo_Arts

WORD COUNT: 19,027!!!

Sunday, 25th May 1986,
The Byers' Family,
10.45pm,

THIRD PERSON:

The six children sat in the Byers' living, devouring popcorn, any drink they had to offer and watching movies.

Max and Eleven were barely focused on the movie playing. They were more focused on telling each other flirtatious jokes and kissing.

Dustin and Lucas were arguing and copying eachother. Mike and Will were basically the only ones actually watching the movie.

"Oh my god, can you guys actually watch the movie?" Mike asked, slightly annoyed.

"Shut up." Max replied, raising her head from Eleven's chest. "You're literally just jealous."

"Me? Jealous? Of who, you? El? Hell no." Mike scoffed in response.

"We all know you'd like to the same thing to a certain someone." Max smirked, jerking her head in the direction of Will.

"Shut up." Mike frowned immediately, his cheeks red.

"Do you have someone you like, Mike?" The brunette beside him asked, visibly uncomfortable.

"I guess, yeah, why?" Mike replied.

"Oh." Will sighed. "What's she like?" He asked, completely unaware that it was himself he was asking Mike to describe.

"Uhhhh- They're pretty, very pretty infact, really cool. They like drawing, kinda shy I guess." He muttered.

"Cool." Will said blandly, not even listening to what Mike said.

He sighed again and sunk into the sofa, sad.

"What's wrong?" Mike asked, oblivious.

"Nothing, don't worry." Will muttered.

A few moments passed by and tired of the awkward silence, Lucas spoke up.

"You guys hungry?" He asked.

.
.
.

MIKE'S POV:

Lucas, Eleven and Will made their way into the kitchen as they were the only ones who knew how to make at least one edible meal. I was left with Dustin and Max.

As soon as Lucas, El and Will had disappeared into the kitchen, Max and Dustin started giving me a while lecture.

"Why did you say that???" Dustin asked, finally sitting up.

"Say what?" I asked, confused.

"Why didn't you tell him your crush wasn't a girl or better yet, that your crush was him, himself!?" Max whisper-yelled.

"Why would I do that?! It would be embarrassing if he didn't feel the same way plus why would I confess in front of everyone??" I sighed, rising to my feet.

"Whatever. Get it over with already. We're all tired of waiting for guys to confess to eachother." Dustin rolled his eyes and lay back down on his stomach.

"Wait. What do you mean by ' confess to each other '??" I asked, hope forming in my soul.

Does this mean Will likes me or am I interpreting it wrong?

Dustin and Max didn't answer my question so I asked again, "Hey! What do you mean ' confess to eachother ' ?!"

"Figure it out yourself. And quick, we're tired of waiting." Distin scoffed "The readers are too."

"What? What readers??" I asked, confused.

"Nevermind." He responded.

I walked into the kitchen, mostly just to see Will but also to check what they were making.

Lucas was at the stove, stirring something, Will was washing the dishes and El was drying and putting the away the plates Will handed to her.

I looked back to Will. He had his sleeves rolled up, his shirt was untucked and his hair was messy. He sun from the windows was shining down at his face, illuminating his moss green eyes and his chestnut brown hair.

He's so handsome, beautiful, pretty. So many words to use to describe him.

I tore my eyes away from him and turned to face Lucas.

"What're you guys making?" I asked, tapping his shoulder.

"Oh, hey." Lucas replied, glancing at me then turning back to the pot. "Basic rice and stew."

"Cool." I bluntly responded and turned back to Will and El.

El had her sleeves rolled up too and her hair tied in a small ponytail. She had barely visible lip prints from Max. She's beautiful. I'm glad she's with Max, she definitely deserves someone better than me.

That got me thinking, say, theoretically, I confessed to Will and we started dating, who's to say I won't make the same mistakes I made with El? Who's to say I won't end up hurting his feelings? God, I can't even say I love you. Three words.

Who's to say he even feels the same?

"Mike!" Will yelled, moving his hand from left to right in front of my face to get my attention, which, in the process, got water droplets on my cheek. "You okay? Lucas has been trying to get your attention for ages, what's wrong?"

"Oh, he has? Sorry, man." I said, turning to Lucas, "What is it?"

"Can you wash the rice please?" He asked.

"Sure." I replied.

WILL'S POV:

I thinks something's up with Mike. He's been zoning out a lot and hasn't been paying much attention to anything around him.

"Mike, are you doing alright?" I asked him, worried.

He just nodded and continued what he was doing.

It seemed like he didn't really want to talk to me. Hurt, I turned back to dishes.

.
.
.

About 25 - 30 minutes later, we were finished preparing food and headed to the living room. We aren't usually allowed to eat in the living room but since friends were over, it was okay.

We continued the movie and ate and after that, we played a few games of monopoly.

It was around 08.05pm when everyone started heading home, well, everyone except Max and Mike.

Max was already practically living with us so I wasn't really surprised but I didn't Mike wanted to spent another week here.

I found him in the kitchen. There was a small notebook infront of him, on the counter. He had a pen which he biting on, probably in frustration.

"Hey. What're you writing?" I asked.

"Oh, Will! Uh- Nothing." He responded, quickly closing and hiding the notebook from my sight.

"Okay then. Anyway, aren't you going to head home?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I was wondering if I could stay here, I don't really want to talk to my dad." He said, sadly.

"Mike. Is everything okay?" I placed my hand on his shoulder.

He didn't respond so asked him again, "Mike, what's wrong?"

"Hm? Oh, sorry, nothing, nothing." He responded.

He was zoning out again. I'm really worried, I wonder if everything's okay with him and his dad.

"Yeah, you can stay here, but you still need to let your parents know and get your clothes, depending on how long you're staying." I sighed, taking my hand off of his shoulder and letting it drop down beside me.

"Thank you." He smiled, taking my hand. "You're a really great friend." He pulled me into a hug. I heard the words ' friend ' echo in my head and was reminded of how he already had someone he liked.

Should I just accept it? I don't really Mike likes me that way. I mean, sure, we're really close but that's just because he sees me as his best friend, he'd probably be disgusted if he knew how I thought of him. I sighed and let go of him.

"Well, I'm gonna head to my room." I said, forcing a smile on my face and walking over to my bedroom door.

I shut the door behind me and sunk to the floor. I can't keep this up.

My heart hurts.

A lot.

MIKE'S POV:

Will and I were in his bedroom. He was reading on his bed and I was at his table, writing in my notebook. I decided to bring it everywhere with me so that if I noticed anything specific that made Will happy I would write it down and try to incorporate it into my confession to him.

Other than D&D, art and horror/thriller movies, there really isn't much I know about him.

I sighed and threw my head back, which got Will's attention.

"What's up?" He asked, closing his book and setting it down beside him.

"Nothing." I sighed, closing my notebook and standing up. "I'll go get my clothes from my house now."

"Wait, how long are you planning to stay?" Will asked.

"A day or two, if that's okay." I responded. He simply nodded and continued reading his book. The air around was tense, like the way it was when we weren't talking to each other, it made me upset. I wanted to find an excuse to talk to him so I just said whatever came to mind. "Wanna come with me?"

.
.
.

I don't know how I actually managed to get him to come with me but I did. We took our bikes and rode over to my house.

When we got there, we set them down near the front door and I knocked on the door. Almost immediately, mom opened it. Her hair was a mess and she was sweating.

"Mom? What's wrong?" I asked, worried. I took her hands and looked her. Her eyes were red so she was probably crying, and it was probably because of dad. "Mom?"

"You're dad and I have decided it's best to split up." She sniffled, wiping away any forming tears from her eyes.

"What?" Will popped up from behind me and looked at my mom, worried. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh, Will! I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were here. Come in, come in." Mom said, gesturing for Will to come inside as she forced a smile on her face.

We sat down in the living room. Will, beside me, and mom opposite us.

"I'm sorry to hear that happened." Will muttered, twiddling his fingers.

"It's alright, don't worry." Mom replied, fighting back tears. "It was for the best anyway."

"Does that mean you're..leaving??" I asked, practically on the edge of the couch.

"No, no. I told you before, Mike, I'm still going to live here." She laughed, rubbing her eyes. "Would you like something to eat, Will?"

"We're actually here to get my clothes. I'm sleeping over at Will's." I sighed.

"Ah, sorry for keeping you then!" Mom replied, scrambling to her feet and rushing off into her room.

It was silent for a few minutes before Will said anything, "I'm sorry that has to happen to you." He continues twiddling his fingers and looking at his feet.

"It's okay." I muttered, heading upstairs. I went to my room and grabbed a few clothes and my PJ's.

I opened my door and shut it behind me. I turned around to my dad.

"Where are you going?" He asked, noticing my clothes in my hands.

"Away from you." I replied hastily and walked off.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, making me drop all my clothes on the poor.

I pulled my wrist loose from his grip and yelled, "What the fuck is your problem?"

"I'm just asking where you're going, why do have to be so difficult." He yelled back, taking hold of my wrist again.

"You're the one who's been difficult! Fuck off." I shouted. "No wonder mom hates you!"

Dad was taken aback and I yanked my hand away from him. I picked up my clothes from the floor and wen downstairs.

I hoped to God that Will didn't hear us arguing but unfortunately, my prayers weren't heard. I found him standing at the bottom of the stairs, scared.

Will doesn't like when people yell, especially between family. I guess it reminds him of his dad. I'm glad he trusted me enough to tell me about his dad.

I sighed and walked to him.

"Sorry about that, my dad was being a prick." I set my clothes down on the couch. "More importantly, are you okay? I know you don't like hearing stuff like that.."

"Uh-Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine.." He muttered, snapping out of his daze. "I hope you're okay too."

That's question sort of caught me off guard. With everything's thats happened, demogorgon, mind flayer, vecna plus what's been going on with my parents. I really had no time to focus on my feelings, none of us have.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking, let's go now." I sighed, jerking my head in the direction of the front door.

THIRD PERSON:

The two boys headed back to Will's house. They put their bikes down and went inside to be greated by Joyce and Jonathan.

"Hey." Will said and went into his room, followed by Mike who simply waved.

"I'll sleep on the floor this time." Mike said.

"Oh." Will muttered, crawling into his bed and getting under his duvet. "What're you gonna lay on though?"

"I don't know." Mike sighed, sitting up. The two of them were still a bit shaken up from what happened at Mike's house so the air around them had become tense again. "Can I sleep with you? On your bed I mean!"

"Yeah." Will laughed, shifting over to left side of the bed.

"Thanks." Mike smiled, getting into Will's bed.

After a few minutes, they both found that they couldn't sleep.

"Wanna play like monopoly or something?" Mike asked, sitting up.

"Sure." Will laughed, getting up.

Will got the box of monopoly from the living room, where they had left it and headed back into his room.

.
.
.

"Stop taking my property, you jerk!" Will laughed, playfully punching Mike's arm.

"You're just mad I'm winning!" He smiled.

"Whatever, just stop buying my property!" Will laughed. "It's my turn."

Will rolled the dice and got a 3. He moved three spaces and landed on Mike's property, two of them, meaning he had to pay double.

"I give up." Will groaned, slumping.

"What? Why??" Mike asked, confused. He was enjoying the game but that only because he was winning.

"I'm not good at monopoly plus I'm getting tired." Will stood up and stretched. He checked his watch to make sure the two if them hadn't stayed up too late. "Oh, it's 11.50. How long have we been playing?? Anyway, I'll pack this up, you can go to sleep."

"Nah, it's okay, I'll help." Mike stated.

Mike folded the board and placed it carefully into the box. He and Will then collected the game pieces, occasionally touching hands and blushing.

After they had finished, Will tucked the box under his bed and the two climbed back into bed to actually go to sleep this time.

.
.

.

Will Byers' Bedroom,
07.30am,

MIKE'S POV:

I was woken up at around by Will shaking me rather aggressively.

"Mike!!! Why aren't you awake yet??" He asked me as he say beside me on the bed.

"What? I bet it's not even that late." I responded, rubbing my eyes. "What time is it?"

I took his hand and checked his watch, which read: 07.30AM

"See? It's not even late." I said between yawns. I stretched and sat up.

"Yes, it is." Will sighed, rolling his eyes.

Something about that was oddly attractive. I pushed the thought away and rose to my feet slowly.

"Hurry upppp!" Will groaned, pushing me to the door and handing me my clothes.

"Okay, okay!" I laughed. I waved him goodbye, left the room and headed to the bathroom. I finished getting ready at around 5 minutes past 8and when to the kitchen.

At the table sat, Max, El, Will and Jonathan. Joyce was in the living room with Hopper. Those two have been non-stop flirting since they returned from Alaska. I turned to Will, he looked unaffected by it. I would think after his dad and Bob, he wouldn't really want him mom dating anyone else. But I guess since Hopper is close to all of us and had been quite the help, he doesn't mind it. I waved to El, Max and Jonathan and said good morning to Will.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked, rubbing my stomach, hungry.

"Pancakes, again. You can have mine, I'm not really hungry." Will smiled, handing me his plate.

Ah, I guess he's still having problems eating.

"I'll have half of it. Breakfast is the most meal of the day." I protested, imitating a doctor.

Will laughed at my joke and Max called me a dork which I rolled my eyes at. If being a dork meant I made Will happy, I'll gladly continue being one.

I halved the three pancakes on Will's plate. Unfortunately, I did a bit uneven and accidentally made Will's half bigger. I looked at him and he seemed sort, intimidated so I span the playe around so the bigger half was on my side.

"Oh, yeah, I need a fork." I said.

I stood up to get one but Jonathan handed me one,

"Here. Don't worry it's not mine." He laughed.

"Thank you." I smiled. I turned back to Will who was stabbing his half of the pancakes with his fork and staring at it. "Will? You're not going to eat it?" I whispered.

"I will, I just- I don't know." He muttered.

"Want me to feed you?" I asked

I asked it as a joke but Will responded almost instantly, "Sure."

"Oh- O-Okay then." I replied, my face red.

I cut a small piece of the pancake and picked it up on my fork. I motioned for his to open his mouth and fed to him. We went like that a few more minutes before Max interrupted.

"I don't think we have time for this ga- sappy shit. It's like 08.15, we're supposed to be leaving."

I'm not completely sure what she going to say but it was probably insulting since it's Max.

I ate the remaining of my pancakes quickly and turned to Will. A few pieces were still there. I ate those too.

"I was gonna eat that!" Will laughed.

"Sorry, I was hungry. I'll give you my lunch at school." I offered.

"Okay." He smiled and we both sat up. He grabbed his bag and I grabbed mine and we headed for the door.

"Want me to drop you kids off?" Joyce asked, getting up.

"Nah, enjoy your time with Hopper." Will replied, making kissy faces at the two.

Joyce laughed before she sat back down beside Hopper. He just smiled and held Joyce's hand.

They must really love eachother. After everything Joyce has gone through, she deserves to be with someone who truly loves her.

I saw the too share a kiss before I walked out, followed by Will. I wonder he'll be like that with someone else. I sighed and grabbed my bike.

Hopefully, I'll be the one he's like that too but there's no saying that's 100% going to happen.

"Can you guys like share a bike cuz Max and I don't have one." Max asked.

"That's not our fault." I shrugged, blowing her raspberries.

"Please, Mike?" El pleaded, putting her hands together as if she were praying.

I don't really have a reason to help Max but El was once my girlfriend and I wasn't the best boyfriend. Least I can do is help her out.

"Ughhh, fine but only for today." I groaned, getting off my bike and handing it to Max. "Wait, so how am I gonna get to school?"

"Ride with Will or something. Figure it out." Max rolled her eyes and got on my bike. She stuck her tongue put at me as El got the back of my bike and held unto Max's waist.

El waved me goodbye and I wave back before Max rode off.

"Can I?" I asked, turning to Will

"Hm? What?" He questioned, looking around him. "Where's Max and El?"

"Have you not been paying attention?" I laughed.

"Sorry, guess not. Anyway, what was your question?" He asked, picking up his bike from the floor. "Also, where's your bike?"

"Max took it. She and El and riding to school which is why I asked if I could ride with you??" I asked.

"Oh- Uh- Sure." He muttered. His ears were red and his cheeks looked red too. I would say wonder why but after what Dustin said about ' confessing to eachother ', it's become a little more clear. Though, it doesn't necessarily mean he likes me like that. Confess could be anything. He could confess that he ate the last ice cream or that I don't know, he hates me or something-

"Miikkkeeee!" Will yelled. He cupped my face in his hands and was staring at me. "What's up with you?! You keep zoning out, you okay?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I was... thinking." I muttered, holding on to his hands. "So can I ride with you?"

"Yeah. I'll ride, you can stay behind me." Will replied.

He picked his bike back up and sat on front seat.

"Wait, I don't remember your bike having two seats? Or looking like this?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, this is from Dustin. A birthday gift." Will stated.

"Oh. Shit. Now I wish I got you something better. All I did was give you a fucking D&D board and it wasn't even a new one." I sighed, getting unto the back seat.

"I'm so sorry." I muttered, resting my forehead on his back.

"Mike." He sighed, putting the bike kickstand down and turning so he was sat sideways. He turned his upper body to face me and cupped my face with his hands again. I love when he does that, it makes me so fucking happy, like that stupid feeling everyone always talks about when they like someone, butterflies or something. When he has all his attention on me makes so- I don't even know how to describe it.

"I don't care that it wasn't a new one." He smiled. "That board holds so much sentimental value. It's the best gift I've ever been given. I love it, okay?"

I wished he said he loves me instead. I held the other side of his hand rubbed cheek against his palm. I had to genuinely fight the urge to kiss his hand.

"Thank you." I muttered.

"For what?" He laughed.

"For everything. For being my best friend. For being the way you are. I lo- care for you so much, it actually hurts." I sighed, letting go of his hands and placing my head on his chest.

What I wouldn't give to kiss this guy. Why the fuck did I skip him in that stupid fucking game..

"Thanks for being you too." He said. "Let's get going now, we're gonna be late."

"I don't wanna gooo. I wanna stay here with you." I whined.

"C'mon, I'm not gonna baby you, let's go." He laughed and rolled his eyes. He turned back around to sit on the bike properly.

I groaned and rested my head his back. I slid my hands unto his waist and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He kicked the kickstand back up and started riding off. I looked up at him and his ears looked red, though it could've just been the lighting.

I rested my head back on his back and sighed once more. I shut my eyes and drifted into a slumber.

.
.
.

I was woken by Will.

"Mike! You can't keep falling asleep everywhere!" He whisper-yelled, shaking me. "C'mon, get up, we're already late!"

"Whatttttttt?" I whined, rubbing my eyes and getting up. "Oh. OH. SORRY!"

I got up as quickly as I could. We were in the bike stand and Lucas, Dustin, El and Max were around us.

"Oh my god, hurry the fuck up!" Max yelled, smacking the back of my head. "Now we're all going to late and wanna know who's fault that is, Mike!" She smiled this stupid not genuine smile and rolled my eyes at her.

"How do you manage to fall asleep everywhere??" Lucas called holding his hand out.

I took his hand and stood up stumbling slightly.

"It's like 08.50, let's go!!!" Max yelled.

"Yes, yes, sorry, sorry." I said. I yawned and stretched for a bit then followed after the others who had already stayed making their way into the building.

El and Max had gym first and the rest of gs had Chemistry, as usual.

When we got there, everyone was already seated so we apologised for being late and made our way to the back to be seated. There was Mary and Michelle.

I waved to Michelle and said good morning to Mary. It seems the tense air between Mary and I had sort vanished since the lake conversation.

"How you doing?" I asked her, setting my bag down and sitting down.

"I'm okay." She whispered, smiling. I think she's sort of nervous to be talking in such a public space.

"I thought you were mute?" Will asked from behind me.

"Not necessarily. I just don't like talking but if I'm comfortable enough to, I'll talk. I've gotten comfortable with people this quickly though." She laughed.

I smiled and put my book down.

"Looks like you and Mary are getting along, huh?" Dustin smirked.

"Don't phrase it like that." I rolled my eyes. "I don't like her like that."

"Oh, yeah, cuz you like someone else right?" Lucas laughed, jerking his head in the direction of Will. Lucky for me, Will was looking at me and not Lucas so he didn't see.

"Who is it, by the way, the person you like." Will asked, looking up at me.

"Oh- Its y-" Dustin tried to say before Lucas cut him off.

"I'm sure he'll tell you later." Lucas smiled at Will, jabbing Dustun in the arm with his elbow.

"Ah, okay." Will muttered, looking down at his desk.

I mouthed ' thank you ' to Lucas and responded with a thumbs up. I turned to Dustin and shook my head slowly. I was going to say ' I'm not mad, just disappointed ' but I stopped myself.

I turned to Will who was still looking down at his desk. He looked sort of upset and I couldn't place my finger on why. The only thing that came to my head was because he liked me but I'm not 100% sure that's the case so shifted my mind away from it.

"Will? Everything okay?" I asked him, worried.

He muttered ' mhm ' and forced a smile on his face which soon vanished when he looked back down.

"Will." I said. "What did we talk about?"

"What?" He asked, still not looking up.

"If something is wrong, you're supposed to tell me or one of us. You're not supposed to bottle up your emotions for to long. It can cause random outbursts, speaking from experience." I said, wagging my finger and imitating a doctor in an attempt to make him laugh, which worked.

He chuckled a bit and sat up. "Okay, Dr. Michael, sorry."

I really hate when people other than my mom say my full name but when Will does it, it sort does something to me, I dont know.

"Good morning class." Mr. Moore smiled. "And those who we're late." He chuckled. "Anyway, surprise test!"

"Oh my god, no!" I groaned and slumped into my chair.

A few minutes later, Mr. Moore came round to our table and handed us our tests with a big smile on his face. He seems a smiley type of person.

"Sir, can I skip this pleaseeeeeeeeeee?" I pleaded with him. "I can ask my parents to pay you extra??" I offered, batting my eyelashes.

"Yeah, no." He smiled. "Your friend here told you to pay attention and you didn't listen so, well, that's on you." He laughed, pointing to Will.

I looked at Will and he shrugged, smirking.

I groaned and slumped back in my chair.

"Sorry!" Mr. Moore laughed again ad he pushed up his glasses with his middle finger. Then I noticed something, his nails were painted a light pink.

"Oh, your nails." I mentioned, "They're painted."

"Ah, yes, my daughter did it. I didn't want to take it off because it would make her sad but it's also quite pretty so I decided to leave it." He chuckled.

"Oh my god, we should ask El and Max to paint our nails!" Dustin suggested.

"We should!" Lucas agreed.

"Haha, well, you can do that after the test. Good luck!" He smiled, waving us goodbye and heading back to his desk.

Mr. Moore is certainly weird but he's a lot better than Mrs. Bradley and at least he's not inappropriately touching students.

"Good luck with your test, Michael." Will smirked.

That was so hot. I covered my face with my hands because my cheeks were flaming, my ears were really warm and heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest.

I never thought someone saying my full name would make me feel this way but it's Will, so it's not all that surprising.

.
.
.

45 minutes later, I finished all the question I could actually answer. Will, Dustin and Mary finished about 20 minutes ago and were just talking and Lucas and Michelle finshed 10 minutes ago.

"Finally." I sighed, placing my own down and resting my head on the table, tired.

"Took you long enough." Will laughed, ruffling my hair. "How'd you find it?" He asked.

"Eh, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but it wasn't easy either." I sighed, taking his hand off my head and holding it.

"Well, you would've found it a lot easier if you studied." He laughed.

"Whatever, it's over now." I sighed turning over so I could face Will but my head was still on the table.

I shut my eyes momentarily before Will shook me.

"Don't fall asleep again!" He whisper-yelled, tapping my cheek.

"Okay, okay!" I laughed, sitting up. "Let's play a game or something."

"Truth or dare?" Michelle suggested.

At first, I wasn't too fond of playing that again since the last time we played was when Will and weren't friends but everyone else wanted to play so I had no choice. I was the one who suggested it, afterall.

"So we'll go, Michelle, Mary, Mike, Will, me then Dustin." Lucas stated.

"Okay! Mary, truth or dare?" Michelle asked, turning to face her sister.

"Truth." She whispered.

"What's your favourite colour?" Michelle asked her.

"You already know the answer to that though." Mary chuckled.

"But they don't." Michelle said.

"Sage, my favourite colour is sage." She shrugged. "Mike, truth or dare?"

"Hm, oh, uh-, truth?" I said, unsure.

"Uh- What's your favourite food?" She asked.

"I don't really know to be honest." I muttered, scratching the back of my neck. "Will, truth or dare?"

"Truth I guess." He replied, sitting up.

I knew exactly what I was going to ask. It was a risky question but oh well.

"Is there, anyone you like at the moment..?" I muttered.

"Like romantically..?" He asked, his cheeks tinted pink.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Uh- Yeah, there is.." He muttered scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Oh, who is it?" I asked, curious.

"Uh-huh, you only get to ask one question!" He protested.

"Ah, right." I muttered.

"Lucas, truth or dare?" Will asked, turning to face Lucas.

"Dare I guess, since no one's doing it." He shrugged in response.

"I dare you to uh- hug Dustin?" Will said.

"Ugh." Lucas sighed, turning to face Lucas. He stretched out his arms and pulled Dustin into a very short hug.

"Ew, get off me now." Lucas laughed letting go of Dustin. "Truth or dare?" He asked him.

"Truth." Dustin replied, dusting his clothes.

"Does Suzie really exist?" Lucas snickered.

"YES SHE DOES!" Dustin pouted.

"She really does." Will laughed. "Jonathan, Argyle, Mike and I visited her."

"Who's Suzie?" Michelle asked, confused.

"My girlfriend!" Dustin announced proudly.

"Surprised you have one. I would be surprised if any of you had lovers." She laughed.

"Shut up!" Dustin said, rolling his eyes jokingly. "Michelle, truth or dare?"

"Dare." She replied bluntly, looking at her nails which were painted a bright neon pink.

"I dare you to ask Mr. Moore a really stupid question." Dustin chuckled, feeling proud of himself.

"Ugh, fine." She sighed, raising her hand. "Sir, do boys get periods?"

I nearly spat. I know Dustin said stupid but not that stupid. I nearly choked on my own fucking saliva from laughing.

"No, Michelle, boys cannot get periods." Mr. Moore sighed, pressing thumb and index finger in the space between his eyebrows.

Michelle slumped in her chair, embarrassed.

A few minutes later, the bell rang and we headed to our usual hangout spot, our lockers.

"Yo, can we come over on like Thursday or Friday, Will?" Dustin asked, tapping Will's shoulder.

"Uh- I mean sure but why?" He replied with another question.

"I told you guys in class, to get Max and El to paint our nails!" Dustin said, excited.

"Do what now?" Max asked, heading towards us.

"Paint our nails." Dustin repeated.

"That is so random, why?" El asked, confused, her hand rested on Max's shoulder while Max played with her short, curly hair.

"Out new Chemistry teacher had his nails painted and for some reason, Dustin and Lucas want you guys paint our nails." I sighed. "I mean, I guess I don't mind but, like, why?"

"I've always kinda wanted to but I was scared." Dustin muttered.

"Yeah, you can, I mean, if Max and El are okay with it?" Will smiled, taking the subject of off Dustin.

"Sure, sounds fun!!!" El squealed, excited. "Are you up for it, Max?"

"If you're going to do it, then fine." Max smiled, pecking El on her forehead.

Soon after, Michelle and Mary were with us too.

"Hey." I smiled, waving in Mary's direction. She smiled back and stood next to me.

"Can I ask you something?" She whispered to me.

"Uh- Yeah, sure." I responded, confused.

"Do you..um..actually like Will?" She whispered as quietly as she could.

How are people guessing it so easily? Is it really that obvious?

"Was it really obvious?" I asked, embarrassed as I felt my cheeks grow warm.

"Sort of. You always want to be near him and you got really angry when he spoke with me the first time we met." She smiled.

"Y-You're not going to tell him, right?" I asked, practically pleading with her not to.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything of the sort. I hope he likes you too though, you suit eachother!" She said, smiling.

"Yeah, I hope so too.." I muttered.

"You two seem to be getting along now, that's nice." Will smiled.

"Oh, yeah! She's not as bad as I thought she w-" I smiled.

"WAIT GUYS." Dustin yelled, interrupting me. "Can we do the nail painting plus a sleepover at Mike's house pleaseeeeee? I miss staying in his basement, it was like my second home." He pleaded.

"I don't know for sure." I muttered, remembering what's having at home, "I'll have to ask my parents first."

"What? How come?? You never had to before? Everything okay?" Lucas asked, patting my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine, don't worry, it's uh-" I muttered.

"They're repainting so he doesn't really know if you'll be able to come over." Will smiled, saving me.

"Ohhh, okay!" Dustin said.

When everyone's attention was turned to something else, I thanked Will. "Hey, Will," I whispered, tugging at his sleeve. "Thanks for saving me the explanation."

"That's what friends are for." He smiled, linking my pinkie with his.

I wish he hadn't used the ' friend '. It was like a spear going straight through my heart.

I smiled at him and turned to my locker. I grabbed my bag and went through it, looking for a snack to eat. I found an apple and chocolate bar.

I turned to Will and asked, "Want an apple?" I tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

"Oh, sure." He smiled as I handed it to him. He took it and took a small a bite. "Thanks."

I took off the wrapper and took a bite of the chocolate bar.

.
.
.

THIRD PERSON:

A few hours later, the school came to an end and Michael Wheeler found himself in the Byers' house again.

"So you're not staying?" Will asked, upset.

"No, I want to give you your space." Mike replied, smiling eventhough that was not the actual reason. The ravenette needed time alone to consider everything that his beloved, Will Byers like and enjoyed so he could out it into making a memorable, sentimental confession.

"It's okay, though, you can stay if you want to!" Will pleaded.

"It's okay, you're coming over on Friday anyway, right?" The Wheeler boy asked, to make sure.

"Yeah." Will finally sighed in defeat and threw himself unto his bed.

"I'll see you tomorrow, bye." Mike waved goodbye to Will after ruffling his brown hair.

He opened the door and shut it quietly behind him and sighed as he headed to the front door.

On his way there, he found Hopper, Joyce, Jonathan and Nancy in the living room, watching Mr. Mom together.

"Oh, hey, Mike." Nancy smoled and waved as she saw her younger brother walk past.

Upset with himself, he simply waved back to her.

He sighed to himself as he wished he could join them or watch movies with Will as a couple but he couldn't.

He grabbed his bike and began biking, but instead of going home, he headed in the direction of the lake he had met Mary at, hoping she would there.

To his disappointment, she was not in sight. He sighed and walked out unto the dock and sat down on the very edge.

He placed his bike down beside himself and his bag by his side. He brought his notebook from his bag which he had written everything he knew Will liked to form a nice way he can comfortably tell Will how he feels about him.

He sighed and opened the notebook and grabbed a pen.

He stared at the pages for a few minutes and after realising he couldn't think of anything else, he shut it and put to the side.

The only things he was able to come up with were :

- His favourite game
- His favourite colour
- His favourite class(es) / subject(s)
- His favourite flower
- His favourite person
- His favourite book
- His favourite movie
- His favourite song
- His favourite band
- His favourite sweater
- His favourite place

Though it was a lot, Mike still felt he it wasn't enough and that he was missing something.

Sighing I'm defeat, Michael stood up to leave but was stopped by someone.

He turned around to see who he was looking for in the beginning, Mary.

She waved at him and smiled.

His face lit up with joy, "Hey, Mary," he smiled, "I was actually looking for you."

"Oh, why?" She asked, confused and she took a seat at the edge of the dick.

"I was going to ask you something." He muttered, "Something about Will."

"Haha! Everything's about Will to you, isn't it?" She laughed, covering her mouth with her sleeve.

"I guess so, sorry. My other friends would make fun of me or laugh if I asked and I can't exactly ask Will but I can go if you want." He sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's okay, don't worry, I like listening." She smiled, reassuring Mike.

"Right, so, I have book which I written everything I know he likes in so I can implement it into a confession for him but it feels like something is missing. I want to make it be like something he likes, but I'm not sure what to do and I thought I knew everything about him but clearly I don't so know I'm confused and I don't know what to do and I'm not sure if I should even tell him how I feel about anymore and I'm talking too much, aren't I?" He sighed, laying on his back, letting the very top of shoe touch the water ever so slightly.

"It's okay, talk as much as you want, I told you, I like listening." She smiled. "But, one question, why do you think you need to confess in a way that he would like?"

"Well, I mean, so the chances of him saying yes are higher, I guess." Mike whispered awkwardly.

"What makes you think you need to make the chances higher? You don't think the feeling is mutual?" Mary asked him, confused.

"I mean, I'd like to think so, but, you see I haven't been the greatest friend, especially to Will for the past like 2 years so even if he did like me, who's to tell that he still does after the way I treated him." The ravenette muttered, feeling disappointed in himself.

"Hm, well, I'm not Will but I can't say for sure that he still likes you but if he didn't or didn't like you being around him, he wouldn't be that close with you or let you hold hands with him." She shrugged, trying to prove a point.

"Well, that's true, I guess." Mike smiled.

"Still, why do think you should make your confession in a way Will likes?" She asked again.

"I've already told you why." Mike replied, confused to why she is repeating the same question.

"But why not make it something either, you'd both like or do it a way you would wish he'd confess to you." She suggested.

"I mean, I don't really care how he would do it so I'll try to figure out a way we would both like I guess. Thanks, Mary." Mike smiled.

"Just giving my opinion." She smiled, patting him on the back. "To be honest, I'd be surprised if he didn't like you."

"I'm gonna head home now, should I walk you home again?" Mike asked.

"Up to you." She shrugged.

"Alright, let's go then." The Wheeler smiled, holding his hand out for the red-headed girl to stand up.

She took his hand and pulled her up.

The two headed off in the direction of Mary's house.

.
.
.

The Wheelers' House,
Mike's Bedroom,
04.30am,

Nancy Wheeler woke up to the sound of the shower running. She sat up and reached for her clock which read: ' 4 . 30 AM ' She rose to her feet, confused as she stumbled towards the door, tired.

No one ever gets up this early usually, not even Mom. She thought to herself, as she headed towards the bathroom. She knocked on the door as quietly as she could but still loud enough for whoever was inside to hear.

A few moments later, put came her little brother Michael, dressed in a taupe brown robe and a fluffy, white towel resting on the top of his head. His hair was still wet and his curls were divided into smaller, individual, little coils.

"Why are you up at 4 fucking AM?" She whisper-yelled, careful not to wake anyone up.

"Oh, I don't know." Her brother shrugged, using the towel on his head to pat his face dry. "I just woke up early."

The girl sighed to herself and asked, "Can you at least be a little quiet then? You'll wake everyone up with all this racket."

"Sorry, sorry." He said apologetically, putting his hands together.

He walked past her and into his room, humming to a song she didn't know.

She sighed again and went back into her own room and crawled back into bed. About 19 minutes passes when she realised she couldn't go back to sleep thanks to her annoyingly loud brother. She sighed and stood up, folding over her duvet so to make her bed look at least a little bit neat.

Grabbing a few clothes and what she needed for the day, she headed to the shower and did her business.

A few minutes later, she was finshed and was ready for the day ahead of her. She ventured downstairs to be met by her younger brother who was sat at the dining table, devouring cereal.

She walked past him and grabbed some waffles from the fridge and placed down carefully on a white plate with small baby blue decorations on the very edges.

She picked up the plate and put it down in the microwave and set it to 2 minutes. During those two minutes, she grabbed a small glass of water.

Once her waffles had finished being heated, she took them out of the microwave and place them down on the table and sat down beside her brother.

"Hey." He smiled, briskly glancing at her then turning back to his cereal. "Why you up at this time?" He asked, curious since his sister asked him the very same question.

"Because a very annoying Michael Wheeler woke me up and I wasn't able to go back to sleep." She rolled her eyes, picking up her knife and fork to cut a small piece of one of her waffles and eat it.

"Well, I'm gonna head off now." Mike mumbled, with food still in his food. He checked his watch and stood up.

"What? Go where? To school? Mike, it's 5.17 in the morning, dumbass!" She yelled, confused.

"Not school, idiot, Will's house." He sighed, his cheeks lighting up ever so slightly, "I just miss him."

"You were at his house yesterday," She pointed out, "And before that, you stayed over for a week."

"Like you can say anything, majority of the times I've been over to Will's house, you're always there with Jonathan!" He argued.

"Yeah, but he's my boyfriend who I haven't seen in like 2 years, so, yeah, I'm excited to see him." She rolled her eyes, slicing her waffles and taking another small bite.

"Yeah, and Will's my best friend who I just so happen to have a crush on." He yelled.

Suddenly, the two could hear footsteps that ended that the last stair when Mike said that.

The ravenette prayed to God that it wasn't his father as his whole body began shaking. He couldn't think of what his what his father say, much less about what he would do. He would give him at least an hour long lecture about how boys can't like boys or maybe he would make him cut all contact with Will or all the Byers.

The boy turned and to his relief, the person at the staircase was just his little sister, Holly. He sighed and smiled, walking to her.

"Sorry, did we wake you?" He asked, picking her up. The boy nearly dropped her when he saw who was stood behind her though. None other than his father, Ted Wheeler. His eyes filled with terror as he placed his little sister back down on the staircase and stumbled backwards slightly.

"You have a crush on who?" Ted asked, disgust forming on his face as he scrunched it up.

Mike stayed silent as he stared at the floor. Nothing he would reverse what he said prior or what his father heard him say.

"Answer me, boy." He said, raising his voice slightly.

"Dad-" Nancy tried to step in.

"Stay out of this." Her father sighed, disappointment in his tone. "Never did I think I raised a fa-"

"Stop." Someone butted in. "Don't you dare use such harse words on my son."

Karen Wheeler was stood at the top on the staircase, listening in to their conversation.

"Hah, so you knew?" He chimed, laughing. "You knew our son was a queer and said nothing?"

"I'm not your son." Mike stated, his eyebrows furrowed. "And I don't to be nor want you to refer to me as such."

Though his eyebrows were furrowed, the boy's face lacked any sort of emotion.

"I'm going to get going now." The ravenette mangers to mutter as he grabbed his bag from beside his seat and left through the front door.

Nancy swore under her breath, grabbed her bag and keys and left the house after her brother. She was able to stop him just in time. He had just gotten on his bike and was about to paddle away.

"Mike!" She yelled, grabbing hold of her brothers bike handle to stop him from leaving. "Fuck, wait."

"What." He asked, not turning to face his sister.

"Get off the bike." She said calmly.

Without any reason for him to disobey, he got off the bike and placed it down, still not turning to face her.

"Get in the car." She sighed, pointing her keys in the direction of her station wagon.

.
.
.

The two sibling sat in silence for at least 12 minutes before Nancy spoke up.

"Soo?" She muttered.

"So what." Her brother replied hastily.

"Mike, listen, I know you're upse-" She said turning to face her younger brother, who's expression was in shambles.

Tesrs were rolling down his cheeks but he looked angry and at the same time, his eyes were scared.

"Mike.." She pulled him into a tight hug. His head resting on her shoulder as tears stained her sage green sweater. "It'll be okay, I promise."

"I don't..I don't wanna be a..queer.." He mumbled, his words slightly muffled.

His sister was shocked but not a lot. The boy could barely say the word ' queer ' or ' gay ' so being almost being called derogatory slur by his own blood father was more than he could handle so he simply broke down in tears and sobbed in his sister's arms.

"Shhh, it's okay. You'll be okay. Mom and I will talk to Dad, it'll be alright, I promise." She smiled, trying her best to comfort her brother. The mast time she saw him like this was when Will went missing.

After about 14 more minutes of small whispers to comfort him and quiet sobs, the crying came to an end.

"Shall we head to Will's?" Nancy asked knowing that Will was only person to make Mike feel 100% better after his emotions have been all mixed up like this. She started the car and drive off to the Byers', the one place the both of them considered a second home.

.
.
.

While the Wheelers' were on their way to the Byers' house, Will was getting ready for day ahead of him. He woke at 5.00AM sharp, woke up his step-sister and older brother and was downstairs and ready by 5.30.

He had his headphones on and his sony walkman on the dining table, listening to ' ' by The Cure. He hummed and had a few more spoons of his cereal, he listened to what Mike had told him and only had as much as he could. His sister, El, ws beside him, gobbling down eggos as usual and his brother, Jonathan was sat on their sofa, length ways with his legs stretched out.

Will had finished his breakfast and went to sink to wash his BOWL. The boy thought he had heard a small knock at the door but it was hard to tell whether it was coming from his headphones or the actual door so he simply ignore it.

Instead of ignoring it, his step-sister, Eleven, stood up to open the door and discover who had been knocking.

Will's attenion was finally drawn from the BOWL he was washing and finally to the door when he heard his sister gasp.

He put the BOWL down to dry and turned to face Eleven who was stood at the door, hand over mouth and so was his brother.

Fearing it was something bad had happened, Will hurried to the door to see what brought so much fright to their eyes.

When he got to the door and looked over his sister's shoulder, he was shocked to see his best friend of 10 years, with his eyes red and his lips quivering.

As soon as the two boys made eye contact, Mike jumped into Will's arms and squeezed him as hard as he could.

"Woah there! Everything okay? Why're you guys here at 5.30AM? Are your parents aware? Oh, are you guys in some sort of trouble? Is everything okay? Did something happen?" Will asked repeated questions in order to make sure everything and everyone was alright.

"I think it's best you talk in your room." Nancy suggested as she walked to Jonathan.

"What's wrong with him? Did something happen??" Jonathan asked worried, holding his girlfriend by her waist.

"Now that he's with Will, I'm sure that he'll be okay." Nancy smiled, pecking Jonathan's lips.

The two sat down at the sofa and talked for a bit.

"So, what's going on with Mike?" Jonathan asked, worried. He's never seen Mike look like that, ever.

"My father." Nancy whispered, looking down and twiddling her thumbs nervously. "He said some, uh, not nice things about and to Mike."

"Oh." Jonathan sighed. "I hope he's okay."

"If he's with your brother, I'm sure he will be okay." Nancy muttered.

"I hope so." Jonathan smiled, placing a small kiss on her cheek and squeezing her hand.

.
.
.

Will Byers' Bedroom,
5.45AM,

The two boys sat on Will's bed in complete silence. Neither of them had said a word since they came into his room, they simply sat down, Mike still in Will's arms.

Fed up of all the silence, Will finally spoke up. "So, uh- What's up? Why're you here so early in the morning?"

No response.

Will gently shoved Mike off of him and cupped his face with his hand to make him look at him. "Mike," Will sighed, "If you don't tell me what is wrong, I won't know how to help you."

A few moments later, Mike replied, "Sorry I was being too clingy. I..missed you."

"I'm sure that's not the only reason you're here." Will said. "You look upset and your eyes are red. You've been crying, right? Why? What happened?" Will sighed, patting his back to comfort him.

"My father said some awful things." Mike muttered, playing with his hair.

"To..to you?" Will asked.

"To and about me." Mike stated.

"Oh, uh, what did he say?" Will questioned but Mike stayed silent.

A few moments passed and Mike still would not reply, so Will drew a conclusion, he didn't want to te him.

"Ah, you don't want me to know, do you?" Will pondered, scratching the back of his neck.

The Byers' boy was, of course, hurt. He told Mike everything about his father and what goes on in his house but suddenly he can't do the same? Does he not trust me anymore? He thought to himself. I had a feeling he was being a lot more secretive than he was before. First, he wouldn't tell me who it was that he liked and now he won't tell me why he's upset and I'm just supposed to comfort him when I don't even know what's going on??? Will became slightly angry at the ravenette. Why was he not telling him why he was upset? It was like they were back to square one. Will sighed and threw his head back.

"It's certain words you probably don't want to hear." Mike muttered. "It might make you upset."

Ah, so he's not telling me because it's something I don't want to hear? So, it's got something to do with me? Why was his dad talking about me? Wait, if he didn't want to tell me his crush..maybe it's also got something to do with me? But why would that be case, unless he likes..me? But no, that doesn't make sense, Mike is straight and besides why would he even like someone like myself? All I do is get in the way. Even when we were faced with the monsters of the upside down, I never did anything that helped. I was taken by the demogorgan, which made everyone worried and they had to look for me, I was possessed by the mind flayer. I haven't done anything to help, it was all El. It would make a lot more sense for him to still like her rather than me-

"Will!" Mike yelled, waving his hand in front of his face and disrupting the boy's thoughts, "Are you okay?"

Will looked down to find Mike's hand rested on his lap. His face went red for a mere moment before he scrunched up his face sadly. He gently shook Mike's hand off him. The Byers' boy refused to delude himself with lies. He believed Mike Wheeler did not like him in the way he so hoped and nothing but the ravenette telling him otherwise would make him think otherwise.

"Sorry for zoning out. Uh- Well, are you okay now?" He asked awkwardly, trying to hide the sadness in face.

"Yeah, now that I'm with you." Mike smiled at him.

"That's good to hear." Will weakly mutters, shifting uncomfortably in his bed.

"Uh- Are you okay though?" Mike asked, noticing the brunette's uncomfortable behaviour.

"Yeah, yeah. Everything's fine, don't worry. Should we go to the living room?" Will asked, his face and ears red as he was suddenly aware he was alone in his room with the guy he loved. Ofcourse they've been alone together lots of times but for some reason, the air was different and was making him shift around and fidget alot.

"Can we stay here for a bit longer?" Mike asked, twiddling his thumbs with his face slightly red, "I just wanna be with you right now."

"Ah, um, yeah, um, sure." Will managed to mutter in response. Of course he also wanted to be alone with Mike but he couldn't tell the stuffiness of his room was adding to the feeling or it was just him, but in that moment, Will had an almost painful urge to kiss Mike Wheeler.

.
.
.

About 10 minutes later, Will and Mike exited Will's room and walked into the living room, where Nancy, Jonathan, Max and El were sat, watching TV.

"Max? Why're you here?" Mike asked, confused.

"To see my girlfriend?? I slept here. I always sleep here. Why're you here?" She replied.

"I wanted to see Will." Mike stated.

"You always want to see Will." Max rolled her eyes, throwing her head back.

"Ok, and?" Mike said, tucking his hands into his pocket.

Slightly angry, he stormed off into the kitchen and grumbled.

Automatically, Will followed after him to see what was wrong.

He found him stood near the sink, washing his hands.

"Mike, what's wrong?" He asked him, worried.

"Nothing." The freckled boy whispered back.

"No, somethings definitely wrong. You've been acting really, I don't know, weird? I don't know if it's because of your family or your dad but if somethings wrong, I want you to tell me." Will stated taking Mike's hand and holding it.

The ravenette stayed quiet for a few moments. His lips quivered as he pulled Will into a hug, gripping his waist

"I don't know, Will. My emotions have been like a total rollercoaster. I wish I could tell you what caused it but you might hate me for it." Mike muttered. The only reason he's been acting weird was because of Will. Ever since he had realised that he liked Will more than a friend, he's behaviour has been really off.

"Mike," The brunette replied. "I could never hate you for anything, I'm surprised you don't know that."

Hearing those words made Mike's heart flutter a little and his face heat up slightly. He tightened his grip around Will's waist and sighed.

"Sorry to have you worry about me like this." Mike whispered, angry with himself.

"Don't apologise. Friends are supposed to look after each other." Will smiled, ruffling his hair.

"I love when you do that." Mike smiled, resting his head on Will's shoulder.

"Hm? What did you say?" Will asked.

"Nothing, nothing, don't worry about it." Mike muttered, his face red.

"Do you want something to eat?" Will asked. "Like maybe cereal?"

"Sure, thanks, I didn't have anything to eat at my house." Mike chuckled, seating himself at the dining table.

After a few minutes later, Will placed a BOWL of cereal infront of Mike and sat beside him.

"Thank you." The ravenette smiled, picking up his spook, taking a spoonful and eating it.

It didn't take long for Mike to finish his cereal and wash his bowl. He placed it down on the rack to dry and spotted the pretty pattern on the bowl. There was decorative line with small butterflies painted on the insides of the bowl.

"That's a pretty nice bowl." Mike stated.

"Yeah, it's El's." Will replied.

"Oh, cool." Mike said. "So, uh, what do we do now?"

"I don't know, wait till it's time to leave I guess." Will shrugged. "You can watch TV or something, I'm going back to my room."

Before giving Mike a chance to object, he waved goodbye to him and went into his room.

Mike sighed and took a seat beside his sister in the living room, meanwhile Will was panicked and confused in his room.

.

.
.

What the hell was that? The brunette thought to himself as he sat down beside his single bed, his knee up and his arms crossed, resting on his knees.

Why the hell was I behaving like that? It's not like we haven't been alone in a room together but yet, that was sort of different, the air around us was really weird(?)

He put his right hand to his chest and tried to steady his breathing. His heart was still beating really fast and his face was red.

He brushed his hands through his bowl cut and sighed, resting his head on his bed frame.

A few moments later, he had steadied his breathing and claimed himself down. With nothing to do, he reached for his sketchbook from under his bed and pulled it out, but instead found his journal. That's odd. He thought to himself. I never put it there, like ever.

His mind instantly trailed to everyone who was i his room last that wasn't himself.

Mike has been the only person in my room for at least a week. Did he move it? But why? Perhaps he thought it was sketchbook and upon realising it wasn't he put it back but accidentally put in the wrong place? He thought, his hand rubbing his chin to imitate Sherlock Holmes. Wait. To know it wasn't my sketchbook, he'd have to look inside. Shit. He wouldn't read journal, right? He's knows it's not right to do something like that, especially to your 'best friend'. Shit. Frantically, Will searched through his sketchbook, page after page, looking for anything that might've revealed his feelings for Mike. Upon finding nothing, he was about to shut the book when his mind trailed off to a certain short love story about two girls. One named Michelle and one named Wilma. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! Will screamed internally flipping pages until he got to the one about the girls. If he read that, I'm totally screwed, Shit, is that why he's been acting so weird around me recently? Wait, no, Mike wouldn't read something so personal that didn't belonged to himself, right? He's not that type of person. I refuse to believe it, but just to confirm.

He closed the book and put it back in it's usual place. He rose to his feet walked slowly to the door, replaying 'He didn't read it, he didn't read it.' over and over again in is head to reassure himself. He opened the door and walked out. Automatically, Mike turned his head in the direction of the sound of Will's door creaking open. When the two made eye contact, Will gestures for Mike to come to him and so, he did.

"Yeah? What is it?" Mike asked, confused. He worried expression on Will's face made him wonder if something bad had happened.

"Nothing, I just..need to ask you something." Will muttered looking away. He opened his bedroom door and the two walked in, shut the door and took a seat on one side of Will's bed.

"What is it? Is everything okay? Nothing happened rig-"

"Did you happen to read my, um, journal?"

"What?"

"I know, I know, it sounds totally crazy and definitely like something you wouldn't do but I just wanted to clarify. You didn't read it, right?" Will asked.

Mike didn't reply and looked the other way.

"Mike. You didn't read it. Right?" Will asked again, his voice breaking slightly. The thought Mike reading journal wasn't what scared him it was the fact that he could be aware of the feelings he had for him. "Mike? Say you didn't read it."

"I-I'm sorry. I just randomly found it and I thought it was your sketchbook but it wasn't. But I wanted to make sure you were okay and-" Mike stuttered. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that. I just seem to keep messing up on everything."

Will fiddling with his thumbs and looked at his feet nervously.

"I didn't read a lot! I put it down after I read the story.." Mike muttered. "Y'know the one about Michelle and, uh, Wilma."

Just then, the brunette stopped moving entirely. With fear racing through his body, he fought with himself to not cry.

"It was cute."

"Huh?"

"The story. It was really, uh, cute." Mike smiled, scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, but, I'm really sorry for snooping. I really shouldn't have done that.."

Receiving no response from Will, Mike decided to speak again. "I suppose you hate me now, huh?"

"What? No. I already told you that nothing could make me hate you, not even this. I was just scared about what you might think about me after that story.." Will sighed. "Of course that doesn't mean I'm not angry at you for going through my things." He huffed.

"I'm sorry. Can I somehow make it up to you?" Mike asked.

"Hm, I need some time to think about something really terrible to make you do." Will laughed.

"Don't make it too terrible, please." Mike smiled. "Oh, what time is it?"

"It's 7.45." Will replied, "So we'll be leaving in 30 minutes."

"Well, if you don't mind, I'm gonna take a little nap." Mike sighed, throwing himself backwards unto Will's bed and stretching.

"Sleep well." Will smiled, getting off the bed. He was really worried about Mike discovering his feelings for him but since it seems like he still has no idea, he was honestly fine with him reading it. Although it was an invasion if privacy, expect the story, there was nothing in there that Mike didn't already know about Will because he wasn't stupid enough to bluntly write that he had feelings for Mike.

Will stood up and turned around to fine Mike already fast asleep. With nothing to do, he oucked up his sketchbook and grabbed a pencil and rubber.

He opened his sketchbook to a blank page. After minutes of staring at his book with nothing apart from Mike coming to mind, he gave in and turned to the ravenette who was fast asleep. He picked up his pencil and a few moments later, he had come up with a rough sketch of his face and hair shape. He rubbed out the rough edges and did a cleaner sketch above his other one before inking it, writing Mike's name above the picture and the date.

After that, he gathered all his books and placed them in his bag quietly, careful to not wake up Mike up.

He put his bag straps over his shoulder and sat on his bed beside Mike.

"Mike, wake up." Will whispered, shaking Mike gently.

"Hmm? What is it?" Mike mumbled, sitting up.

"We're leaving in 10 minutes." Will stated.

"10? That's enough time for another nap." Mike yawned in response.

"No, Mike, get up." Will chucked.

"Ughhh, okay, fine." Mike mumbled, getting out of Will's bed and rising to his feet.

.
.
.

MIKE'S POV:

We had Maths first period so that's where we were headed to when we, unfortunately, ran into Troy and James.

They didn't do anything though. Ever since what happened in the principal's office, they've left us alone. Unfortunately, I do still hear them whisper little things about Will occasionally.

We walked past them and into our classroom.

We sat in our usual places and did our lesson. The lesson, no, the entire day, seemed to just speed by and in no time, I was back at home, in my bed.

"Mike?" Nancy said, walking in.

"Mhm?" I muttered, sitting up on my bed.

"You okay?" Nancy questioned, "Y'know, with everything that happened this morning."

"Oh." I mumbled, "Yeah, I'm fine."

She sat beside me and placed her hand on my head, ruffling my hair. She then placed her hand on my forehead, feeling my temperature, I assumed.

"Mike!" She yelled, "You're really hot!"

"I'm aware." I laughed.

"No, like, your temperature is really high!" She exclaimed.

I put my palm to my forehead to see if she was exaggerating but she wasn't. My temperature was really high.

"Jeez, what's this all of sudden?" Nancy groaned, "I'll get mom."

She stood up and left my room in a hurry. That's odd, I don't usually get sick and definitely not all of a sudden like this. I haven't gotten a fever since, maybe, when I was 10.

I lay back down and waited for mom to come in which didn't take very long.

"Everything okay?" Mom asked, walking into my room. I simply shrugged as I felt rather normal.

"I'm a bit sweaty, my throat is slightly sore and I feel a bit weak but that's it. Everything else feels pretty normal." I clarified, sitting up.

"How did this happen?" Nancy asked, confused. "He was fine just yesterday. You're not faking it, are you?"

"I can't fake a fever, idiot." I rolled his eyes and turned back to my mother.

"Hm, it could be because of stress." She stated.

"Stress?" I questioned.

"Mhm. Maybe the cause if what happened this morning..with your father." Mom muttered. "I'll get you a wet cloth and some water. If this doesn't go down it 3 days, we'll go see a doctor, alright?" Mom smiled.

"Wait, so, am I not going to school?" I asked.

"I suppose so, yeah." Mom clarified, leaving to get me a wet cloth and water.

Normally, I'd be incredibly happy, but now I want to use every chance I have to see Will. I guess I can just go to his later in the week. Or-

"Mike!" Nancy yelled, "Jeez, can you listen to what mom is saying now." She rolled her eyes and brushed through her hair with her fingers.

"Alright, if this cloth starts becoming warm, wet with cold water." She stated holding my hair back, placing the cloth on my forehead and a few water bottles on my bedside table. "Make sure you drink lots of water, okay?"

I nodded, "Thanks mom." I smiled, "And Nancy."

"Well, I'm going to go down to the store, I think we're running out of milk." Mom smiled, rubbing my shoulder. "Hope you get better."

After she left, it was sort awkward until Nancy said, "You okay?"

"Yeah, didn't hear what mom said? It'll probably go down in 3 days." I stated.

"Not that, stupid. She said it was caused by the stress of what happened this morning." She frowned, "Just wanted to ask if it's still bothering you."

"Yeah, it is but not as much as it was before." I smiled. Thanks for asking."

"Get better soon." She said, nudging my shoulder. "I've got to go to work and tomorrow, I'm going on a date with Jonathan so I can't stay unfortunately."

"That's okay, I can take care of myself." I laughed, "Have fun on your date."

"Thanks." She smiled before leaving.

I lay in bed, staring at the cream white ceiling for a minutes, bored. With nothing to do, I took out my notebook. The one with everything I knew and loved about Will. I wasn't entirely sure how to make a confession D&D themed so I did what Mary had suggested. I did something both him and I would've liked.

.
.
.

The Wheelers' House,
Nancy's Bedroom,
7.45am,

NANCY'S POV:

I got up at around 5.30, excited for my date with Jonathan and finished getting ready by 6.00. I wore a white button up blouse and a brown jumper with a long dark brown skirt which nearly hid my heels. I also had a white, pearl bracelet on to match my pearl necklace and earrings.

Adding a butterfly clip to my hair, I grabbed my messenger bag and headed out. I was going to head downstairs but I decided to stop my Mike's room to see how he's doing.

"Mike?" I asked, opening the door, "Feeling any better?"

He shook his head and sighed.

"Well, I can get some medicine for you when I'm coming back." I sighed, turning around to leave but Mike tugged at my sleeve, urging for me to turn around. "What's up?"

"You're going to Will's house, right?" He asked me.

"Yeah, why?" I questioned.

"Could you give this Jonathan please and tell him it's for Will?" He pleaded, handing me a small envelope. "And don't open it."

"Um, sure but what's in this?" I asked, now interested.

"Uh- If all goes well, I'll tell you." He laughed awkwardly, scratching his neck.

"Um, okay?" I said, heading to the door. "See you later." I waved goodbye to him which he did back and I left. I said bye to Holly and placed a kiss on her forehead, grabbed my car keys and headed to my car.

Once I got in I looked at the envelope Mike and given me, wondering what was inside. I got the overwhelming urge to rip it open and find out what was inside but obviously, I didn't because Mike trusted me with this and besides, it's just not a nice thing to do.

I put in the keys and headed to the Byers' house.

I got of my car, with the envelope in my hand and knocked on the front door which was opened almost immediately by Jonathan.

"Hey." He smiled. He was a sage green sweater with blue jeans and black canvas'. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah but first," I said, handing him the envelope, "This is from Mike."

"For Will I'm guessing?" He said.

I nodded and watch him leave to Will's room. I assumed he placed it in his room or somewhere he'll see it and came back out.

"Shall we?" Jonathan asked, holding his hand out.

I smiled and took his hand, "We shall."

.
.
.

Monday, 31st May 1986,
Hawkins Highschool,

Will and El made their way to their lockers and were met by Dustin, Max and Lucas, who was slightly late. The five said their good mornings, wondered about where Mike was, brushed off his absence and headed to their first class. Everyone had dropped the conversation about Mike's disappearance, well, everyone except Will.

"Has anyone seen Mike?" Will asked, fidgeting in his seat.

"Nope, he's probably just sleeping in. No need to worry, Will." Dustin sighed, biting his pen.

"Do you remember what happened the last time I was just ' sleeping ' " Will asked, forming his index and middle fingers into bunny ears to imitate quotation marks.

"Yes, you went missing, we're aware. But don't you think we would know if Mike went missing?" clarified Dustin.

"Okay." Will sighed, slumping in his chair.

The hours flew by like minutes and before they knew it, it was time for them to return home. They said their goodbyes when it was time for each one of them to head in their different directions.

"See you later, Will!" Dustin yelled as he put his bike down and headed inside his house.

Will waved goodbye to him and rode home, slightly worried for both himself and Mike.

He got home safely, put his bike away and went inside. Joyce was in the kitchen, cooking and Jonathan was nowhere to be found.

"Hey mom, where's Jonathan?" He asked, taking his bag off one shoulder.

"He's out with Nancy." She responded, turning around. "How was school?"

"It was good." He blandly replied.

"Something wrong?" She asked, now worried.

"Mike wasn't in school so I was just wondering if everything was okay." Will muttered.

"I'm sure he's fine." Joyce smiled, "Tell you what, if he isn't in school tomorrow, I'll call his mother and ask for you, okay?"

"Okay, thanks mom." He smiled, heading into his room.

He shut his door behind him and dropped his bag beside his bed. He was about to lay on his bed for a few minutes when he noticed something rather odd. A small envelope lay on his bed.

He picked it up cautiously and inspected it. It was just a small, tortilla brown colour. Seeing as it was on his bed, he figured it was for him so he carefully opened the envelope and brought out a wheat brown letter. The unfolded it and scanned the page, the first thing he noticed was there were little hearts at the corners of the pages. He removed his eyes from the hearts and began reading the letter.

' Hey Will, I'm guessing you already know who this is from and if not, it's Mike.

I have a bit of a fever and I might not be able to come to school for the rest of the week.

I want to tell you something and I'm not entirely sure I have the guts to do it in person so I'm writing it instead.

I'm not sure how to tell you this but I really like you Will, like romantically.

I like your eyes, your eyelashes, your eyebrows, the moles you have below your nose and the ones on the sides of your face and your back, I like that stupid, dorky haircut you have, I like your hands I like how good you are at art, I like how you're always able to make me feel better, I like the way you sit either crossed legged or with your knees to your chin, I like the way dress, I like the way you talk, I like your voice, I like listening to your voice, I love everything about you.

I'm sorry if saying that makes you, I don't know, uncomfortable or annoyed or even angry with me.

I'd like to talk to you if that's okay. I found a small lake with a dock, I'm not sure if you know where it is so ask Mary, she knows where it is. but is it okay we have a proper conversation about this there? If so, please meet me there on Thursday, anytime between 4PM and 10PM.

Love, Mike <3 '

Stunned, to say the least, Will sat on his bed, eyes wide. He had re-read the Mike's letter at least 7 times to make sure the letter wasn't for El and was actually for him. He stared at the words ' Love, Mike <3 ' for ages with a smile forming on his face and his cheeks lighting up. He knew Mike had some sort of difficulty saying the word 'love' because El had told him about it and yet here he was, seeing the same Mike write it out for him.

Just then, a thought hit him like a ton of bricks. What if Mike was just making fun of him? What if he knew about Will's feelings for him from the journal and was now mocking him? Scared, Will folded the letter and put back inside the envelope which he placed on his bed, beside him and was now shaking with fear.

Shit, shit, shit! If he knows and he's mocking me, then he doesn't want to be friends with me and he's probably planning on telling me that he didn't want to be friends with me on Thursday? The brunette thought, biting his nails nervously.

He picked up the envelope and thought Mike wouldn't do something like that, right? He wouldn't want to end our friendship over the gender of people I prefer to date, right? Then again, I thought be wouldn't read my journal but he did so maybe he would want to end our friendship. I'd rather us remain close friends than us not being friends at all. Perhaps if I don't go, he'll forget about it and will decide not to end our friendship.

Unfortunately, the negative thoughts won and Will decided it would be best if he didn't go to the lake on Thursday afterall.

He grabbed the envelope again, opened it and moving the letter from within. He unfolded the letter and read it again, his heart fluttering and his cheeks heated up at the words ' I love everything about you ' as he read them over and over again.

He sighed and threw himself backwards unto his bed, the letter still in his hand. He looked at it once more before sighing and placing it on his small beside drawer. The Byers' boy was caught in the middle of whether to believe Mike actually liked and to believe it was all just a prank.

"Mike." He whispered. "Why do you keep confusing me like this?" He rose to his feet, grabbed his towel from his drawer and headed to the bathroom.

15 minutes later, he emerged from the bathroom and into his room in his night wear and with a small towel placed on his wet, chestnut brown hair.

He sat on his bed and dried his hair a bit before tossing the towel to the other corner of his bed.

"Showers are the best." He exhaled, grabbing his pillow and resting his head on it. "What do I do about Thursday then?"

He looked over to the letter which was still sat on his drawer. He pondered and pondered still ending up with the same answer, which was that Mike was just making fun of him.

He sighed and slumped, tears forming in his eyes. The poor boy was so confused. Was his best friend which he had been inlove with for God knows how long actually like him or was he making fun of him. He seemed to just keep going in circles.

Defeated, he let the tears in his eyes roll down his cheeks as he struggled to understand the letter. Why would he even like me? It doesn't make any sense. He thought and thought again.

Should he risk it and go see Mike on Thursday or play it safe and ignore the letter like he never received it in the first place?

Irritated, annoyed, frustrated, confused, angry, sad, scared. All the emotions Will was currently dealing with, and all thanks to that letter.

He stared it at for at least 7 minutes, wondering what he should do before he heard a knock upon his door.

Quickly, he rose to his feet and wiped his tears away. He walked up to the door, opened it quietly and sighed, "What is it?"

"What is wrong?" El, who was on the other side of the door, asked, her face worried. "I wanted to give you the cupcakes Mom, Max and I made but all I could hear was you sighing. Your eyes are red. Why are you crying?"

"I haven't been crying El, really, thanks for the cupcake but I think I'll pass, sorry, I'm not really hungr-" Will paused, remembering how upset Mike was when he had figured out that Will was skipping meals. He sighed and gave in, "Sure, I'll have a cupcake or two."

He walked out of his room, his eyes slightly puffy and swollen and his hair still damp.

El led him to the dining room where he had in his usual spot. She handed him a cupcake which had a face on it which looked like Mike's.

"Is this..Mike?" Will asked, upset as he remembered the letter.

"Yes, I made that one especially for you." El smiled.

"Uhm- I'm sorry, can I have a different one?" He muttered sadly.

"Why? What's up with you guys this time?" Max asked from the other side of the table.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." He said, forcing an awkward smile on his face.

"Just eat it, Will." Max sighed, pointing to the cupcake with Mike's face on it, "Your sister made it especially for you, remember?"

Will sighed and and grabbed the cupcake.

"And after eating, your coming to El's room and discussing what's wrong and how to fix it, no question and no buts." Max added.

Seeing as he couldn't argue wiht Max, he gave up and took a bite of their cupcake. It was vanilla which was topped with raspberries.

"Yummy." Will smiled, giving the two girls and his mother who was washing up the dishes a thumbs up to signify he liked the cupcake.

In a few more bites, he finished the cupcake and headed to his room before he was stopped by Max. She dragged him away from his door and to El's room.

"Sit here." El stated, tapping the space beside her, "What is wrong, Will?"

He stayed silent for a few moments but after realising they weren't going to let him leave until he answered, he finally spoke up, "It's, uh- Mike. Well, I guess you already knew that." Fidgeting slightly, he finished the rest of his sentence, "He sent me a letter and I can't figure out what it actually means. And I know, it's easy to say just read what it says the paper but I tired that and all it did was confuse me even more."

"What was the letter about?" Max asked.

"Uhm.." He muttered.

"If you don't show us, how are we supposed to help?" She stated.

"Fair." He stood up and headed to his room. The wet towel was still the far corner of his bed and letter in the envelope was still there, lying on his drawer. He took the letter and left to Eleven's room after he hung the towel over his bed rail.

He sat back down on his sister's floor while she sat on her bed with Max.

After a few moments of Will not doing anything, Max held out her hand almost as if demanding for the letter.

"Okay, okay, here." He sighed, cautiously placing the envelope in her hand.

She saw that the envelope was already open so she knew Will had read it before. She gently slid the letter out of the envelope and into her left palm. El's face brightened as she moved closer to Max wanting to read the letter as well, when she was done, however, her face no longer resembled a happy person.

"I don't understand why this would make you upset, though. Isn't this something you would want from Mike?" Max questioned, confused.

"Yes, but, I don't know if he's genuinely being serious or not." Will sighed, twiddling his thumbs.

"He wrote ' Love, Mike '. He's probably being serious." El muttered. It was clear why she was upset now.

"El, I'm sure even if he didn't say it, he felt it." Will smiled, attempting to comfort his sister, "I'm he really loved you."

"Well, it doesn't matter now. Max is much better." She laughed, suddenly feeling cheery again. "Anwyay, back to you, Will. Why would Mike say he loves you if he didn't mean it? He couldn't even write it to me but he can to you so I'm sure be does!"

"Yeah, what she said." Max smiled.

"I don't know..I don't think I'm going to meet him on Thursday." Will smiled weakly.

"What!? Why?" Max asked.

"Will, you can't do that!" El whisper-yelled, "What if he really likes you and then you just leave him out there on the dock all by himself."

"I mean, if you leave him there, someone is bound to show up and maybe he'll end up falling inlove with them instead." Max shrugged, "Do you really want that to happen?"

Will shoplifting his head almost immediately. Ofcourse he didn't want him to fall inlove with someone else.

"Then you have to go that lake or whatever on Thursday." Max smiled, kicing his arm playfully.

"Sure, okay.." Will muttered, a very slight smile on his face.

"Now, get out, El and I want to be alone." Max laughed.

Will picked himself up and headed for Eleven's door, he turned around and waved them goodbye before leaving, feeling a little better about the situation.

He shut the door behind him and left to his room where he threw himself on the bed and drifted into a slumber.

The Wheelers' House,
Mike's Bedroom,
4.05pm,

MIKE'S POV:

I lay on my bed, my body warm but cold at the same time. I've been thinking to myself for the past 2 hours about the massive mistake I just made. Why the actual fuck did I write that and give it to Will!?

For all I know, I could've totally ruined our friendship.

I sighed and removed the wet towel, which I had just recently re-cooled with cold water, from my forehead.

If he didn't hate be before, he'll definitely hate me now. Why did I even do that? I'm sure he would've preferred if I at least said it face to face with him.

I sighed and sat up. I'm really stupid. If he stops being friends with me afterwards, atleast I know why. I could feel tears beginning to form in my eyes at the thought of Will and I not being friends. Just then someone walked into my room and quickly rubbed my eyes clean and lay back down with the towel on my head.

For some reason, I pretended to sleep but stopped after noticing who it was that was in my room.

"Heard you have a fever, you alright?" Dad asked, leaning on my bed frame.

"What? Do you all of a sudden care?" I laughed in response

"I'm just asking because I'm worried, no need to be rude." He chuckled.

"I don't see anything even remotely funny about the current situation." I stated.

He chuckled again and took a seat beside me on my bed. "I just think it's funny."

"What's funny?" I asked.

"How you said all this about..liking Will and suddenly you're sick!" He laughed, rolling his eyes at Will's name which made me angry.

"What're you suggesting?" my body tensed up as I furrowed my eyebrows and grit my teeth. "Just what are you suggesting?"

"Maybe this thing about you and Will is simply an illness you are suffering from. Perhaps we should see our family doctor. Or maybe even a priest." Dad smiled, patting my leg. "Maybe that boy infected you with this..homosexuality thing. I told you not to spend too much time around that boy.

I rose to my feet, my face red with both anger and disgust. I stomped to my door and left, slamming it shut behind me so I wouldn't do or say anything I would regret but when I thought about what be said about Will, I became even more furious and stormed back into my room to see Dad still sitting on bed, looking confused.

I walked up to him, hit as hard as I could then proceeded to drag him out of my room. He screamed loudly and held his palm to the left side of face.

"Ted! Is something wro- Christ, what the he happened?" Mom asked, running upfront downstairs. She must've heard him scream.

I looked back at my dad whose hands where covering his bloody face. Shit. What have I done?

"Fuck. Dad, are you okay?" I asked, worried as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"First, I find out your one of those homosexuals." He yelled, slapping my hand away, "Now I find t you're fucking crazy too!"

He shoved past me and slowly made his way down the stairs, leaving me alone with mom.

"Mike." He whispered sadly, "Wh-What did you do? What happened?"

I stayed silent and stared at my hands. My knuckles on my right hand were stained with blood from my dad and were bruised.

"Michael.." Mom sighed, taking my hand. "Sit on your bed and wait for me, alright?"

I nodded and headed into my room.

KAREN'S POV:

I cannot believe that just happened. I didn't know Michael could be so aggressive. I sighed and walked downstairs to meet Ted, searching for something. Probably our medical kit.

"Ted?" I sighed. "It's on the top shelf. Let me get it, you have a seat."

He grumbled before walking out and sitting in the living room.

I reached for the shelf door and opened it and grabbed our med-kit and left to join Ted in the living room.

I put the kit down, opened it and grabbed a bandage and a wipe.

A/N: Idk what are in medkits so💀

"So, how did this happen?" I asked him, using the wipe to clean off the blood on his forehead.

"What do you think." He asked, well, it less like a question and more like a statement.

"Well, I don't think Mike would react like that if you didn't say something rude or disrespectful." I clarified.

"I didn't even say anything rude!" He yelled. "Besides why do you care?"

"Because I once loved you and you're still the father of my children." I stated, "But at the moment, I'm not completely sure you're doing a very good of it. Tell me what you said to Michael."

He stayed silent for a bit before speaking up again, "I said perhaps his fever was caused by Will infecting him with that..homosexuality thing and that he should visit a doctor..and a priest."

.
.
.

"Can you even hear the bullshit that's coming out of your mouth?" I scoffed. "So Mike was telling the truth when he told me you always make comments about the Byers? What? Because they can't afford all the things we can? You know Joyce is one of my closest friends if not my closest and I will not sit here and listen to you slander her and her family."

"Wha- Okay, calm dow-"

"No, no! I'm sick so being told to calm down or that I'm overreacting. That type of behaviour is unacceptable and I cannot believe you can even say that about the people we had at our only a few weeks ago." I yelled, "You should be ashamed."

He sighed and stared at his shoes. "But I don't understand why you support him..liking other boys."

I scrunched up my face at the fact that he was still bringing this up and sighed, "Sometimes there is no why." I clarified, "I just do. And you should do the same, he's your son not some random boy. Your son and he needs your support. That's the only thing you need to understand."

I finished treating his wounds and handing him a bandage, "I'm sure you can do the rest." I stood up and grabbed the med-kit, "Now, if you don't mind, I have a son to attend to."

I left him in the living room and walked upstairs. I opened Mike's door and walked in to find him sat on the edge of his bed, hands over face and his hair ruffled.

I took a seat next to him and tapped his shoulder which made him jump slightly

"Sorry," I laughed. "Did I scare you?"

He shook his head and continued staring at his floor.

I placed the med-kit beside me on the bed and took his bruised hand. "Mike." I whispered, "If your father says something like that again, I want you to tell me, okay? Acting out like that will only make things worse and ofcourse I'm not saying he was right to say any of that but it won't better the situation by hitting him, alright?"

He nodded his head and smiled slightly.

"Okay, let's get you fixed up." I opened the kit and took another wipe and bandage. "Let's not Nancy, okay? We both know she'll hit your father as well." I laughed.

"Okay." He chuckled. "Thanks, mom."

"For what?" I asked. "I'm pretty sure it's expected of me to do these things for you. I'm sorry I haven't been the best the last few years."

"It's okay, atleast you're actually trying." He smiled.

I wrapped the bandage around his knuckles and whole hand after wiping away Ted's dried blood from his knuckles.

"Mom.." He muttered. "Do you really not mind if I..like another boy?"

"Michael." I stated. "I couldn't care any less. I'm glad that the boy you like is Will of all people and not some random person I've never met. And I know how much of a nice boy he is."

He was almost crying so stretched my arms out and he hugged me, "Thanks, mom." He muttered.

We stayed like that for a few more minutes.

Thursday, 3rd June 1986,
Hawkins Highschool,
3.20pm,

The end of the school day was drawing to a close and Will was getting more and more nervous for he after school, he was going home but only for a little bit. After then, he had to face his best friend who he's had a crush on for years who wrote that he liked him the same but Will was having a hard time believing it was genuine.

He was both excited and scared, not wanting the school day to come to an end, he had spent the entire day trying to come up with excuses for why he didn't want to go home. Eventually, his friends had had enough of it.

"Will." Dustin sighed as the five of them, Max, El, Will, Lucas and Dustin, approached the lockers.

"Uh- Yeah? Is everything okay?" Will responded.

"No, is everything okay with you?" Max scoffed. "You've been fidgeting like all day! What's up with you?"

"Um, uh, it's nothing, really!" Will stuttered, scratching his neck nervously.

"No, Will." Lucas pitched in. "There is something wrong clearly and as friends, we care so we would like to know."

"Um- Basically, ihavesomethingtodoafterschoolandasmuchasiwanttodoitimscaredasfuckso-"

"Woah-! Will, slow down please!" El pleaded, tapping his shoulder.

"Right- Sorry. There's something I have to do after school and I really want to go but I'm scared." Will muttered, with is face red from both embarrassment and the thought of him and Mike dating.

"Mind telling us what it is?" Max frowned.

"Its personal." Will shook his head nervously and covered his face, flustered.

"That's okay, Will. If its personal, you don't have to say, but if there some way we can help you feel less scared?" Lucas questioned, taking Will's hand.

"Uhm- I dont know." Will sighed, suddenly thinking of Mike and how many times they held hands within the last 2 weeks.

"Oh, hi Mary and Michelle!" Dustin yelled, waving his hands in the air dramatically.

The two sisters were making their way towards the others, waving back at Dustin. They quickly joined in the conversation while Mary and Will had their own several conversation.

"Oh, Mary." Will turned to greet her and get her attention, "There's something I've been meaning to ask you."

"Yes? What is it?" Mary pondered.

"Um- Do you know a small lake around here?" Will asked, "Sorry if this is a random question and it probably seems weird that the one living here all their life is asking someone new for directions."

"No, no, it's totally fine!" Mary reassured him, "Does the lake you're talking about have a dock perhaps and something to do with Mike?"

"Yes and yes." Will responded, "Wait, ho- how do you know it was something to do with Mike?"

"Let's just say, I'm slightly involved." She smiled, "Anyway, I can show you the way if you still want me to."

"Um, yes please! That would be nice." Will smiled, confused to why Mary knew Mike was involved with the lake but thankful she was willing to help.

"Hey, Will." Dustin said, "Are you done fidgeting about going home now?"

"Yeah." Will laughed as all seven of them left the school through the double doors right at the front.

"Are you going there, the lake I mean, right now?" Mary asked, tugging on Will's sleeve.

"No, no. He told me to come between 4 and 10 so he probably won't even there right now." Will stated.

"Then how am I supposed to lead you there if it's not now?" Mary questioned.

"You can always come to my house and just wait there." Will smiled, "Michelle can come too."

"Really!?" Mary smiled, excited, "I've never been to a friend's house before!"

.
.
.

The Wheeler House,
Mike's Bedroom,
3.45pm,

Mike sat in his bedroom, still shocked from the letter he had wrote to Will and now he has to confess his feelings to him at a dock.

Is it too late to just call everything off and tell him is was a joke? He repeatedly thought but he forced himself to get up anyway and find something nice to wear.

He was about to call his sister to help but decided this since this was something between him and Will, he should do it himself.

He found a nice sage brown hoodie and baggy, slate blue jeans with a pair of black canvas' to go with them. He brushed his hair a little bit so it wasn't as messy. Not knowing what to do with it, he just grabbed a rubber band and tied his hair into a small, low messy bun.

After prepping himself for about 50 times, he headed downstairs where he found his mother in the kitchen preparing something for them to eat, his father lounging on the couch and reading a newspaper and Holly beside him, playing with a toy.

"Hi Mikey!" Holly smiled dropping her toy and walking towards him.

"Hey, how are you?" Mike smiled back, picking her up.

"I'm good. Are you okay? Mommy said you had fever." Holly said sadly.

"Yeah, but I'm feeling a lot better now." He smiled, patting her head and putting her back down for her to run back into their living room and pick her toy.

"Hey mom." The ravenette smiled, walking into the kitchen and waving at his mother.

"Oh, Mike! What're you doing up, you're sick!" She exclaimed at the sight of her sickly son. "Is there somewhere you're going?" She asked, referring to him being all dressed up as the last time she saw him, he was in his PJ's.

"Uh- Just to a lake around here." He muttered nervously suddenly remembering how he was to confess his feelings for and to Will.

"Which one?" His mom asked, wanting to make sure he was safe.

"It's difficult to explain the directions but it's not too far away." He reassured his mom.

"Okay, be safe!" She waved goodbye to his son before turning back to the food she cooking.

Before Mike headed out, he caught a glimpse of his father on the couch and they made eye contact which was quickly broken my Mike who left and slammed the door behind him, now angered after seeing his father's face. The same father who ridiculed him for liking Will. The same father who made fun of Will and insulted him, the guy he had a crush, the guy he was inlove with.

He grabbed his bike off the porch, climbed unto to it and sped off.

Once he reached the lake, he climbed off his bike and set it down near the end of the dock, beside his feet. He sat down beside the bike and stared into the water which was glistening in the afternoon sun, reflecting a yellowish colour unto Mike. He lay down on the dock and shut his eyes, letting the warm, afternoon breeze drift him into a short slumber

.
.
.

The Byers' House,
The Living Room,

Will made his way home, his friend, Mary, behind him, following nervously. Often times she stopped to tug on Will's sleeve and ask if it was really okay for her to come to his house which he, ofcourse, answered to as yes, it was okay.

Within 15 minutes or less, they had successfully made it to the Byers' house.

Getting out his keys and unlocking th9shortly.

"Oh, hi Wil-" Joyce stared at the unfamiliar girl trying to work out who she was, "Um, Will, who is this?"

"Oh, hey, mom. This my friend, Mary." Will responded, smiling. "She moved here like a week or two ago."

"Well, hello there Mary," Joyce welcomed her, "How you finding Hawkins so far?"

Instead if answering, she put her thumbs up and smiled. Assuming she wasn't comfortable enough to talk to his mom yet, he gestured to his mom, telling her she couldn't speak.

"I'm glad. Have fun you two." Joyce smiled, waving goodbye to them and turning back to continue whatever she was doing prior to them entering.

Will and Mary made their way to Will's room. They took their bags off and placed them beside Will's bed.

"Sorry my room is a mess." Will scratched his neck nervously. The only girls he had in his room were Max and Eleven.

"It's a lot cleaner than mine." Mary laughed.

"You sit down if you want." Will smiled, pointing to his bed. "Want anything to eat?"

"You're trying to change the subject, aren't you?" Mary asked, smiling. "Remember we're just waiting here so I can show to the lake."

"R-Right." He muttered in response, stuttering slightly.

"Are you still scared?" Mary questioned, tapping his shoulder. "There's nothing to he scared about." She reassured him.

"You don't get it." Will sighed. "Mike's my best friend. If I say or do something at that lake, I could mess up our friendship forever."

"Will, you'll be fine." Mary reassured him, once again, "I don't think there's anything you can do that'll mess up the bond you two share."

Will sighed and threw himself unto his bed, his head facing the ceiling and he sighed over and over again.

.
.
.

A few moments of silence passed by before Mary spoke again, "You do like Michael, right?"

"Of course I like him." Will sighed, rubbing his eyes and sitting up, "I just- I'm scared. So much could go wrong."

"Will." Mary stated, hand on his shoulder, "Everything will be okay, trust me."

"B-But you don't know that." He whined, "Besides, even if he did actually like me, I've never even been in a relationship before, much less one with a guy and my best friend of all people."

"Wai- Wait- You don't think Michael likes you?" Mary questioned, confused.

"Romantically? No." Will sighed, "Wish he did."

"Oh my goodness." Mary pinched her eyebrows with her index finger and thumb. "God, the two of you are so oblivious its painful."

"What do you mean?" Will shrugged, confused.

"Nothing, nothing." Mary sighed, "But you need to go to the lake anyway, please."

After careful consideration, Will decided he would he would go anyway because even if he didn't, Mary would probably force him.

Sighing, he got up and walked to his cupboard. He wanted to wear something nice but he didn't reall have anything fancy and besides they were going to a lake, why would he need something fancy?

He took his favourite the clash shirt and grabbed a pair of jeans, one black, one slate blue.

"Which one should I wear?" He questioned, turning to face Mary. "Blue or black?"

"Blue." Mary responded, brushing her fingers through her hair, "Too much of one colour isn't good."

"Thank you." Will smiled, turning back around to put the black jeans back into cupboard.

"I'll leave now," She stated, "So you can change."

"Right, thank you." Will smiled.

Before long, he had finshed changing. He called Mary to come back in and asked her what's he thought about his outfit which she was happy about.

After lounging for about 30 minutes, Mary decided it time for them to start heading to the lake.

"Okay," Mary sighed, checking her watch, "We should start going now."

"Im actually starting to second guess thi–"

"No." Mary furrowed her brows, "You're going."

She grabbed Will's arm and dragged him out of his room and shut the door.

"Going somewhere?" Jonathan asked, coming out of his room. "And who are you?"

"Uh–"

"I'm Mary, a friend. " Mary replied, "We're just going to a lake."

"Oh, okay. Have fun then." Jonathan smiled. "And nice to meet you, Mary."

There was short silence after the two left which was broken by Joyce who peeped her head through the kitchen door.

"I thought she couldn't speak?" She questioned.

Jonathan simply shrugged and returned to his room.

.
.
.

After about 12 minutes of walking, they had finally reached the lake. The sky was still bright and pretty and the flowers around the dock made the sight even more beatiful.

"Mary, I'm really scared, please." Will pleaded.

"Will," She sighed, "I've told time and time again, there's nothing to be afraid of. I'm serious, please just go and see for yourself."

Will whined once more, backing away from the dock.

"Okay, if anything goes wrong, yell my name, I'll stand right here." She offered.

Will nodded in response and slowly made his way to the dock, where he found Mike asleep.

He quietly sat down next to him and played with his hoodie nervously.

After a few minutes of silence, he decided to wake Mike up since it didn't look like he was waking up any time soon.

"Mike," He whispered softly, shaking him gently, "Get up." And after he shock him a little bit more, he stood up, rubbing his eyes.

"Hn?" Mike muttered, opening his eyes. "W-Will? Oh– Um!"

Will cleared his throat and sat up straight, staring into the lake, "So, um, about that letter–"

"I'm so sorry if it made you uncomfortable or you didn't like or anything like that, I was just too scared to tell you in person." Mike muttered, twiddling his thumbs.

"No, no! It was nothign like that!" Will reassured him, "It was really nice, thank you for that." He smiled nervously.

"I suppose you're rather disgusted of me now?" Mike smiled painfully, turning his head to face the water.

"Wha– No! I'm just, having a hard time– um– processing all of this." Will stuttered. "I'm not disgusted at all! I'm pretty sure anyone would be happy getting a nice letter."

"I dont want anyone." Mike muttered shyly, with his face red, "I want you, Will Byers."

Something he had only dreamed of happening was happening right now, Will lost his composure and started frantically looking around in Mary's direction.

"Will??" Mike asked, "Are you okay?"

"Peachy." He replied, turning to Mike with face only two shades away from being a tomato. "Um– Well, Iactuallylikeyoutoobutidontknowwhethertosaythatornotbecausethiscouldallbejustsomeprankonmeandimreallyscaredso–"

"Will," Mike laughed, holding his hand, "Could you say all that again please, this time slower?"

"I love you, basically." Will muttered, using his other hand cover his face. "Romantically."

"Wait, what?" Mike questioned, his eyebrows raised. "Guys, I told you he was gay!"

Just then, Dustin, Lucas, Michelle, El, and Max emerged from the bushes, laughing. Dustin was holding a camera which was pointed directly at Will's face. Crying, Will fled the scene and returned home.

A/N: I just kidding please don't kill me.

"Wait, what?" Mike questioned, his eyebrows raised, "Wha– Since when?"

"Like five years ago, you dork." Will laughed, playfully punching Mike's arm.

"There's no way!" Mike gasped, "Then you even had to put up with all of shit behaviour even while liking me??"

"Yeah." Will smiled.

"I've probably liked you for a while too but I only realised it thanks to Dustin." Mike smiled, interlocking his fingers his Will's, making his face go even redder. "I love you, Will Byers."

"I love you too, Michael Wheeler."

"Don't call me Michael!" Mike laughed, "You sound like my mom!"

"Okay, okay!" Will laughed.

.
.
.

After a few moments of silence passed by and neither one of them spoke.

"Kiss!" Yelled Mary from far away.

The two boys turned to face her then turned back to each other.

"Might as well, right?" Mike laughed, cupping Will's face with his hands.

"I don't think I'm ready for this." Will laughed, covering his face.

"It's okay, you don't have to, only if you want to." Mike smiled, kissing his cheek and resting his head on Will's shoulder.

"Ofcourse I want to!" Will smiled, lifting Mike's head up and staring into his eyes. "Your eyes are really pretty."

"Yours are prettier." Mike smiled, placing his hands on Will's waist.

"I don't think that's a word." Will laughed.

"Now it is." Mike stated, kissing Will's cheek once again then pecking his lips. He covered his face and apologised, embarrassed.

"What're you shying away for?" Will laughed, brushing Mike's cheek with his fingers. They paused for a moment before joining their lips in a short kiss.

"So you're my boyfriend now?" Mike smiled, excited.

Will nodded, covering his face.

"Yes!" Mike yelled, pulling Will into a hug which seemed like it lasted forever.

After Mike had let go of him, he scooped water in his palms and splashed it on him which made Mike push him into the water.

"Hey, this is my favourite shirt!" Will laughed.

"Should've thought about that before splashing me." Mike laughed, blowing raspberries at him.

Will tugged him and as he was already on the edge of the dock, he lost his balance and fell right into the water.

They shared one more kiss before returning to the dock.

Mike lay down and smiled,

"I love you, Will Byers."

"I love you too, Mike Wheeler."

.
.
.
.
.

A/N: THAT WAS SUCH A SHIT ENDING IM SORRY😭

Writing this was really fun. My favourite part of it was reading the comments because evryone was extremely nice and funny. I'm glad I finally finished it and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a great rest of your day/afternoon/night! <3

Czytaj Dalej

To Teลผ Polubisz

70.7K 2.6K 15
แดษด ษดแดแด แด‡แดส™แด‡ส€ 6แด›สœ, 1985, แดกษชสŸสŸ ส™สแด‡ส€s แด„ส€แด€sสœแด‡แด… สœษชs ส™ษชแด„สแด„สŸแด‡ แดกสœษชสŸแด‡ ส€ษชแด…ษชษดษข สœแดแดแด‡ า“ส€แดแด แด›สœแด‡ แดกสœแด‡แด‡สŸแด‡ส€ สœแดแดœsแด‡สœแดสŸแด…, แด…แด€แดแด€ษขษชษดษข สœษชs สœแด‡แด€แด… แด€ษดแด… แดกแด€แด‹ษชษดษข แดœแด˜ 2 แด…แด€สs สŸแด€แด›แด‡ส€ แดกษชแด›สœ...
10.3K 148 27
Erm.. May forget some characters please remind me Ships : Noco Aleheather Gwourtney Lyler Trustin LOCO FOR NOCO PLEASE NO TOXIC NEMMA SJIPPERS
32.6K 721 31
Max can't stand not seeing El so she makes a party group chat with her friends. She may or may not regret this. I hated my other GC story so this is...
72.5K 2.9K 20
๐๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ฒ ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ซ ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ƒ๐š๐ฐ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐‡๐จ๐ ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ...