His Other Half

By DamnGina

I opened the door only to see dozens of police cars in front of the house and that terrifying black truck. I... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Voting Closed!!!
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty -seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-four
Eighty-Five

Sixty

802 49 39
By DamnGina

Omniscient

"Mia." "Mia." "Mia, baby you gotta wake up, now." The voice said. Mia groaned shielding her eyes from the brightness of the sun. "What time is it?" Mia asked. When she got no response, she opened her eyes to see she was in a vaguely familiar room. She shot up looking around before she gasped tears filling her eyes. "Bastien?" She whispered.

He stared at her dazed. He had thought about seeing her again for years and here she was. "My Mia." He said so gently it sent a chill over Mia's body. "What is this? What's going on?" she whispered. "I should've told you about my family a long time ago." He said with a sigh.

Bastien stood pacing around the room, Mia's eyes followed his every move still in disbelief that he was here. "Why didn't you?" she asked. "It's not something you just blurt out. Then I saw Isaac and Ahsha showing signs of having the gift—I knew I couldn't hide it anymore. I had planned on telling you." He said. "What stopped you?" She asked not thinking. "I died." He said meeting her eyes. "Why are you telling me this now?" she asked shaking her head. A humorless laugh left his lips.

"Do you know how long I've tried reaching out to you? It's not fun watching the love of your life start over with someone new. Especially with that man. Watching my kids call another man dad. It broke my heart." He said looking down at his hands. "Do you think it was easy for me? I was alone, with two kids." Mia countered.

"I thought I was going to grow old with you. Watch our kids grow up and start their own families and then I lost you." She paused catching her breath. "I almost lost Isaac. Nothing can prepare you for something like that." She said. Bastien went and sat next to her, silence filling the room.

"Our children died." Mia finally whispered. "I know, I was with them when they both crossed over," Bastien said. Mia looked up at him. "I wasn't going to let them make that transition without me. It was nice to have that time with them even given the circumstances." He said looking at her. She nodded her head.

"Ahsha said you wanted to talk. What else is there really to talk about?" She asked softly. "Ali isn't your mate," Bastien said. Mia stood to her feet staring at her husband shocked. "I understand seeing me move on is hard but—,"

"Yes, it is hard especially when the man you've chosen to be with destroyed your family," Bastien said. "Stop it!" Mia snapped. "No, you need to hear this. Ali is not the man you think he is." He began.

Ahsha

"Are you ready?" Isa asked. I turned and looked at him. "What are you wearing?" I asked looking at him. "What?" He questioned looking down at his outfit. "You are doing entirely too much," I said waving my hand. "Aye man, say man, I am a prince now, so I have to show out just a little. And I know you're not talking when you're dressed like a super villain." He said smiling.

"Well, I'd rather be the villain than the victim. Besides I look good." I countered. "Whatever, you better be happy I'm in a suit. Because you know I'm not about to fuck up my fit if someone starts running, their mouth, but after today I'm showing up in a hoodie and some shorts." He said.

"Isa—," "No don't Isa me. One person starts talking crazy and it's up." He said leaving no room to argue. I rolled my eyes. "Fine, to be honest, I don't care. I just want everyone to know that although we're young we are not stupid." I explained. "That's cool and all but who gives a fuck?" He said. "None of these people have the right to critique or judge either of us." He added. I couldn't argue there.

"Done," I said turning to him. He looked me over and smiled. "We look, good twin." He said throwing his arm over my shoulder. "We look like dad," I said as we looked in the mirror. We caught the smell of his cologne surrounding us. We stood there for a minute before Isa spoke. "It's time to go." I agreed before we headed downstairs. I smiled seeing Nas in one of the guard's hands. "Hi, baby," I said kissing his cheek before he laid his head on my shoulder. "Let's go," I said.

==

I looked out the window as we pulled up to the estate where the hearings will be held. I was surprised but also not surprised at the number of cars and people who were lined up outside the gates. The news station had gotten word of the hearings that would be taking place and had been running the story non-stop. "You ready?" Isa asked. I picked up Nasir from his car seat making sure to cover his face, so no one could snap a picture of him.

"We're ready," I said as he opened the door. As soon as he stepped out screams and chatter grew louder and louder. He helped me out of the car, and I could hear both mine and Isaac's names being called. "How the hell did they get my name?" Isaac asked. I laughed. "Well, like you said you are a Prince now," I said. "And we did make a grand entrance," I added. He chuckled before our guards surrounded us leading us up the steps and inside.

We were led to a private room where Dalia, Taj, and several other people stood around. "Hi," Dalia said before she smiled at Nas. "How did everyone find out where we were holding this hearing? It was supposed to be a secret." Isa said. "I called them," I spoke. Everyone turned and looked at me. "Why?" Taj questioned.

"Papers can be destroyed. People will die. Video and audio recordings will always find a way to resurface. I want as many forms of documentation on this as possible." I explained. He nodded his head. "Is everyone here?" I asked turning to Dalia. "Rafi and Emilia got here right before you did," Taj said. "Cairo, Jericho, Alexander, Tyla, and Veronica have been here since early this morning. Kat, Román, and Olivia arrived just after you two did." I glanced at Isa at the mention of Veronica.

"King Malik and King Ares have just arrived." Another voice called out. Because of the conflict of interest, I was advised that sharing a home for the duration of the hearing wouldn't work. I talked to Ares and Malik about it and although they hated the idea, they agreed that I and Nasir should stay in the house.

"Thank you. Can you take me to them?" I asked. "Ahsha—," "And can someone take Isaac to see his mate as well," I said looking at my brother and he nodded his head. I was led down the hall to an open room but before I could fully step foot inside both men were already walking toward me and Nasir.

"Hi," I said. Ares leaned in and kissed my cheek before doing the same to Nasir. Malik did the same but then said, "I don't like this." I smiled as a soft laugh left my lips. "You two didn't have to come down today. Neither of you will likely be called to speak today." I said. "That's not what he's talking about," Ares said taking Nasir from my arms. "I don't like that we just got you back and we've been kicked out of our home—,"

"Out of our bed. Away from you and our son." Ares added. "If everything runs smoothly it should only be a few days, a week at most." I tried to explain. Malik grabbed my hand but didn't say anything further. "I was going to leave Nasir with one of the elders—,"

"We can watch him," Ares said. I smiled once again. "I figured you'd say that," I said. "Queen Ahsha?" I turned to see a guard. "Yes?" I responded. "We're ready," I nodded my head before turning back to the two of them. "A lot of past traumas are going to be brought up this week. Things neither of you may know about. Are you sure you want to sit through that? I can make sure you get a transcript of the days—,"

"No. Enough with the secrets. We've had to deal with them long enough." Ares said. "If you're here, then we're here," Malik added. I looked at both of them before agreeing.

Omniscient

Silence filled the room as the large doors were abruptly opened. Eyes followed the pair of twins, tension rising with each step they took. Neither Ahsha nor Isaac spared anyone a glance as they headed to their seats.

Isaac let his sister step up to the platform first seeing Dalia, Taj, and their guests. There were only four other members of the five royal families who would be able to participate in this hearing because they were innocent. Dalia and Taj stood giving a small bow before returning to their seats.

The four men, the Spencers, representing the humans, stood approaching the twins. The eldest Adrian bowed first, followed by Jacob, Harrison, and lastly Andrew. "Andrew, but you can call me Andy or Drew, your highness." The youngest said. Ahsha chuckled. "Nice to meet you, Andy," Ahsha said.

The men all took their seats before Ahsha turned to the makeshift courtroom. "This hearing was called because the Ahmad family and those closely associated with them have been accused of breaking many treaties and laws disrupting the harmony between the five families and their people." Before Ahsha could continue a woman stood.

"Doesn't that mean you need to step down considering you are now a part of the Ahmad family?" She asked. Isaac, Taj, Dalia, Ares, Malik, and several Oyeyemi people made their dislike of her comment known causing fear to wash over the woman's face. "No disrespect, Queen Ahsha." She quickly added.

"No worries. Under normal circumstances that would be the case but because I'm still relatively new to this world I've been permitted to preside over things. However—," Ahsha paused. "I'm assuming you're asking this because there's something you would like to ask me, correct?" Ahsha questioned. The woman's eyes widened as everyone turned to look at her. "Go on. I'll let you ask me one question." Ahsha said with a smile.

"I—No Queen Ahsha," The woman paused before shaking her head and taking her seat. "Hmm, are you sure? Does anybody else have a question?" Ahsha asked. Seconds ticked by when a hand rose. "What happens if they're found guilty? These are high-ranking members of the royal families. Are you just going to imprison them?" he asked. "Maybe," Ahsha said with a shrug leaving the crowd stunned.

"How can you say that so casually? Are you trying to destroy our world!" Another man snapped. Isaac stood his eyes turning gold as he stared the man down. Ares and Malik stood as well. Malik's eyes turned a bright fiery red while Ares's eyes were an obsidian black. "I'm sorry your highnesses." The man spoke to Isa, Ares, and Malik as he held his hand up in surrender.

Ahsha laughed, which left not only the man feeling uneasy but the rest of the crowd as well. She stepped down and slowly walked towards the man. "I can speak so casually about this situation because I know exactly who these people are." She said with each step growing closer and closer. "What's your name?" She asked him. "Carlos Fuentes." The man told her.

"Well Carlos Fuentes, you only know these people as public figures. You see only what they want you to see. I know them as the backstabbing, lying, imposters they are. I've sat with these people in private and heard what they really think. I've seen some of the awful things these people have done, and you'd be surprised—or not." Ahsha said playfully.

"Also forgive me because there seems to have been some confusion." She began as her own eyes began to glow. The man was forced down to his knees by some unseen force as fear overtook his shaking body.

"You've taken my attempt at being transparent as an open invitation to try me." She spoke. "I've allowed those who are deemed as lower ranking people to be present at this hearing. I'm trying to extend an olive branch, but that branch can and will be cut off at any given moment. I'm only going to say this once. It's not my guards, my brother, or even my mates you should be scared of. Disrespect me again and I will show you why." She said not only speaking to the man but to the crowd as well. "Does anybody else have something they want to say?" She called out.

When nothing else was said she smiled seeing the shock on not only the sea of people's faces but her mates as well. She turned to her brother who was laughing quietly to himself. "No? Good, now we can begin. Bring in Rafi and Emilia." Ahsha called out. Soon enough the pair was brought out and seated in front of everyone. "State your names for the record." A guard called. "Emilia Yeva Ahmad," Emilia spoke. Rafi looked at Ahsha confusion and anger on his face. "Rafi Majid Ahmad." Rafi spoke begrudgingly.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 72.7K 34
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
146K 6.5K 59
𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗘𝗸𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵 𝗥𝗮𝗴𝗵𝘂𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶 ☆ The CEO of 'Raghuvanshi Group' also an underground Mafia. A typical cold...
2.8M 62.2K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
610K 24.3K 71
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...