Can you save me?

By LeviChaseN

This is a bad one. Read to find out. TW! Mentions of sexual assault Self harm smut Please be mindful of yours... More

The Case
Help
Family

New beginnings and secrets

29 1 0
By LeviChaseN

JJ

The police asked Luther a couple questions when he was fully awake. After all the questions were answered he quickly fell back to sleep but this time he was hugging me as he slept, so I couldn't move. "Em" I said, then looked up at her, "He is all alone in the world, his parents, his brother they're all dead" "I know dove, I know. Social services have been called, he'll go to a nice home" She said to me and I nodded, looking down at the kid who was sleeping in my lap.

"What would you say if I wanted to adopt him?" I asked her quietly and she just stared at me. "JJ you know we can't get attached to people from cases" She said finally, "What if we don't tell Hotch, it could be our own little seacret" I said to her. She ran her hand through her hair in an exasperated fashion. "Tell me what you're planning in your head babe" She said to me. "I know that not getting attached is part of the job description, but there's something about him that I just want to protect him and look after him. Give him the life he really deserves." I told her.

"I know you are always protective of kids. What's different this time?" Emily asked me, " I don't know, I can't explain it" I said to her "Okay. You said we didn't have to tell Hotch but how would we keep that from him?" She asked me. "Strouse is already pushing me to leave" I started but Emily interrupted "You love this job JJ" She said " I know I do but this is the perfect cover" I said back.

She sighed before speaking, "Okay but we have to get him enrolled in a school and when it comes to it we have to tell the team. But we can give it some time so we can get settled as a family" She said and a smile broke out on my face. "Thank you for agreeing babe" I said "Can we at least tell Garcia just so when we need some... Alone time she can take him?" She asked me. "Yeah" I replied, running my fingers through the fifteen year olds hair as he slept.

"I'll go talk to social services about the arrangements" Em said then stood up and walked out of the room. I carefully moved to grab my phone from my pocket, without waking the sleeping teen. Once I got it I called up Garcia, "Hey JJ. What's up?" She said when she answered "Hey Pen are you alone right now?" I asked her "Shure am, it's just me myself and I. Why what's up?" She replied "Well nothings been sealed yet but me and Emily are gonna try and adopt Luther" I told her "Oh my god oh my god oh my god" She squealed down the phone.

"Pen I'm telling you because we were thinking if me and Em needed some time together that you could look after him for a night" I said to her "Yes I will do it" She replied quickly, making a smile break out on my face. "Penelope, one last thing," I said, "What is it, my sweets?" She asked "You can't tell anyone else on the team. Please." I told her "Of course, but you are gonna tell them eventually right?" She asked "Yeah but only when everything is settled" I replied.

"Good. I'll see you soon my lovely" She said, "Bye Pen" I said back, then hung up. "What's going on?" A sleepy voice said "You're awake" I said looking down at the teen, "Just" He replied. "Do you think we can have a chat?" I asked him "More questions?" He asked "No this is a bit more personal" I replied, running my fingers through his hair, which seemed to make him relax a little. "I know you're aware that social services has been called but I was wondering if me and Emily adopted you, would you be okay with that?" I asked, cautiously.

We both sat in silence for a while before he nodded. "Yeah I trust you and Emily, you saved my life" He said and I sighed a sigh of relief.  "Emily has already gone to talk to the social worker so thank you for saying yes" I said to him, then I noticed how he was staring into space. "Hey talk to me, what's wrong?" I asked him, running my fingers through his hair again. "You don't know anything personal about me I don't know why FBI agents would want to adopt some kid they helped when they have probably rescued so many others" He said in one breath. "There's something about you that's different but I don't know how to explain it. You're right we have rescued countless other kids but I've never had this feeling before" I explained to him.

That's when Emily came back in, "Hey look who's awake" She said smiling at Luther and he smiled back. "Has JJ told you the news?" She asked him, then looked at me, "Yeah she told me you were gonna adopt me" Luther replied "Good good, how do you feel about it?" Em asked, taking a seat on the chair by the hospital bed. "I mean I wasn't expecting it but I'm happy it's you guys not some random strangers" He said with a small smile.

"I'm happy you're happy. So you're gonna be in overnight for observation but if nothing goes wrong you could be discharged tomorrow" Emily reported. "Good I hate hospitals' ' Luther said, closing his eyes and Em gestured to meet her outside then walked out. "Hey love I'll be back in a minute okay?" I said to Luther then slipped his head off my lap and got up, walking outside and closing the door behind me.

"What is it Em?" I asked her, when I reached her, "I've talked to the social worker, they need to go your apartment to check it out. I have told her that we don't live in this state and I've already signed the necessary paperwork but you have to as well. We may not be able to take him home tomorrow but I'll see what I can do to get the process sped along'' She told me "Okay what do I have to sign? And I'll call Pen and ask her to set up the apartment. My keys are in my drawer at work so she can grab them" I asked her.

"The social worker is just this way but call PG first" She replied and so I pulled out my phone and called Penelope again. "Hey sweet cheeks, what do you need now?" She asked in her usual cheery voice, "Hey pen can I ask you a favour?" I asked her "Yeah of course, shoot" She replied. "I need to do some legal stuff here but apparently social services are sending someone around to check out my apartment so I was wondering if-'' I started to ask but she interrupted me "If i could go round and get the place cleaned up so you don't have to scramble home just in time. Of course and your keys are in your drawer I know that, so I'll see you when you get back to the apartment that will be shining" She said then hung up.

"Now that that's settled the social worker is this way" Em said with a chuckle, then led the way. She walked me to a small meeting room where I could see the social worker sitting inside, I knocked then went in. "Hi, I'm agent Jeniffer Jereau," I said, holding out my hand for her to shake. She stood up and shook my hand, "Nice to meet you Agent Jereau, I've already met your partner, Agent Prentiss" She said and I nodded "Okay well all you need to do is sign these papers and I'm sure Agent Prentiss has told you about the inspection of your apartment. That is just to make sure you have a stable living environment and the facilities to accommodate a child" She explained, whilst sliding over some papers and a pen.

I carefully read through the papers and then signed them. "We will both be at the apartment when the inspectors arrive" I said to her, sliding the papers back to her. "Great, It was nice meeting you Agent Prentiss, Agent Jereau" She said, standing up and shaking both of our hands once again. Emily then politely held open the door for her and she thanked Emily as she passed. "We should go tell the kid that we're going to be staying in a hotel for a while," Em said to me, "Yeah we should" I said and so we both made our way back to the teens room.

When we went inside Luther was staring up at the ceiling "Hey" I said as I walked up to him "Hi" He replied quietly. "Are you alright?" Emily asked gently, "Yeah I just can't sleep" Luther replied, "Well me and Emily are going to head back to our hotel room to get you a change of clothes for when you get discharged. And I'll be staying here tonight so you won't be alone" I said and he gave me a small, tired smile.

"We'll be back later sweetheart" I said, giving Luther a kiss on the head then walking out with Emily. We both jumped into the car, with Emily in the driver's seat and me next to her.  Emily drove to the hotel and pulled into a spot just outside the building. We both got out and walked inside and took the elevator up to our floor. Emily used her keycard to open the door and let me walked in first.

"You grab him some clothes whilst I pack up and then we can go to the store to get some food" Em said and I nodded. I walked to my suitcase and pulled out the baggiest shirt I had and a pair of jeans. "Babe, we need to pick up some boxers for Luther whilst we are at the shop" Okay, I'll write it down" She replied. I closed and zipped up my suitcase and wheeled it to the door but packed the clothes I had pulled out for Luther into my handbag so it was easy to access.

"Alright I'm gonna take these down to the car. Can you do one more check of the room then give these in at reception" Emily said handing me her keycard, then opened the door and wheeling the cases out. I looked around the room carefully and then in the bathroom, I was sure there was nothing we had left. I opened the door and walked out, making my way to the elevator and down to the lobby. I walked up to the front desk and handed in the key cards. That's when Emily came up behind me, "Ready to go beautiful?" She asked "Yep, lets go" I replied.

Then we walked out of the building hand in hand and got into the car again. Emily started up the engine and then pulled away from the curb. We drove back to the hospital in a comfortable silence, I had Emily's hand on my leg as she drove. We reached the hospital quickly as there wasn't that much traffic at this time of day.

Emily parked the car and we got out, making our way inside. I flashed my badge at the front desk and walked on by, straight to Luther's room. When I got there I could see him tossing and turning on the bed inside. I slid open the door and stepped inside, Emily was right behind. I placed my bag on the floor at the end of the bed and walked around to the side Luther was facing. "Hey sweetheart, we're back" I said quietly, running my thumb over his face. His eyes fluttered open and he rubbed his eyes then looked up at me "Hi" He said, his voice heavy with sleep.

"Still having trouble sleeping?" I asked him quietly and he nodded. I smiled at him "Okay scooch" I told him and he shuffled over and I took my gun and badge off and my phone and keys. I put them all on the small table by the bed then got under the covers with him. I then pulled him into my side so his head was on my shoulder, I started to run my fingers through his hair. I quickly felt his body grow heavy as he fell asleep in my arms. I looked over at Emily who was still standing by the door and I could see a smile on her face. She walked over to the side I was lying on and placed all her stuff on the bedside table with mine. She then kissed me softly on the lips then leaned over and kissed Luther's head. She then took a seat on the chair that was in the room and draped her coat over herself and closed her eyes. I kissed the crown of Luther's head then closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Monster By Chloe

Teen Fiction

1.5K 3 13
TRIGGER WARNING RAPE SH ABUSE AND OTHER THINGS THAT COULD BE TRIGGERING *read at your own risk ⚠️ * There are some graphic scenes You think he is...
276K 8.4K 54
"do you have wifi?" + kidnapped but they're cool though -+- started [ 2019.01.22 ] finished [ 2019.06.11 ] rewritten [ currently in drafts ] tw!! sex...
1K 12 83
Season 1: When a father and daughter move next door to JJ and Emily. They notice something was up. Can JJ and Emily help the girl or not? *WARNING: C...
33K 700 25
«Baby, you should let me hold you let me be the one to give you everything you want and need. Baby, good love and protection I love your imperfection...