The Sleeping Princess

By Harrypotter195604

Long ago when princess Ginny was born, a dark wizard Voldemort cast a curse so she will die on her sixteenth... More

Prologue
1- The Wish
2- The Chosen Prince
3- A Peasant's Life
4- Sweet Dreams
5- Not so Noble Meeting
7- Starlight, Starbright
8- The Son of a Pirate
9- Mer Island
10- Along the Moonlit Shore
11- Not a Pirate's Life
12- Coming Round the Mountain
13- Among Blooming Flowers
14- The Black Smoke
15- The Keepers of the Forest
16- Once Upon A December
17- A Dark and Slimy Cell
18- Just One Kiss
19- Fight with the Snake
20- Flight from the Castle
21- Dangerous Dream
22- True Love's Kiss
23- The Waking Kingdom
Epilogue

6- The Old Wizard

61 12 10
By Harrypotter195604

The ride back to the house was a quiet one. Ron sat there looking at the rolling dark hills as the sun stretch across the sky, not bothering to speak as he thought everything over. Was this how the world had become since the curse was placed? If so, then maybe they were better off asleep.

"I don't like it," he said to no one in particular.

"None of us do," Hermione admitted, thinking he was speaking to her. "But if we try to fight back, we could end up getting innocent people killed. You have to be careful. The last thing that we want is to get killed on the spot."

"But surely there has to be someone to keep them in line?" Ron asked almost desperately.

"Not since the curse was placed on the castle," Harry said calmly. "The royalty there kept the nobles in line. But that's all history now."

"Look," Hermione said trying to change the subject, "How about a feast tonight? We got everything at such a good price, right?"

The boys nodded, but they didn't say anything else for the rest of the ride. However, once they arrived at the farm, they saw something that drove everything else out of their minds. There was a buggy by the gate, and the door was left open. As soon as they approached, a woman with long, red hair stuck her head out.

"Mum!" Harry shouted happily and he jumped down from the cart so that he could go running to the house. Ron looked up to get a better look at Harry's mother, Lily… Harry talked a lot about her and he could see that she was indeed, very pretty. She had bright green eyes like her son, and hair a dark shade of red that fell about her shoulders in gentle curls. She beamed as her son came up and hugged her tightly.

Just at that moment, several other people appeared as well and as soon as they reached the gate, Hermione jumped down to run over to her parents as well. Ron felt a little out of place as he slowly walked over to see them.

Harry's father had just come out, and he was the spitting image of his son aside from the different eye color and a little bit of facial features… as for Hermione's parents she looked like both of them with her father's brown hair, and her mother's kind face and warm brown eyes… they were both smiling and hugging their daughter tightly.

Once they were done saying hello, Harry beckoned Ron to come closer. "This is Ron," he introduced him to everyone else. Ron just nodded, seeing his friend's parents made him miss his own badly. "He's been here for about a month now and helping us take care of the farm."

Lily looked him up and down for a moment before she smiled warmly at him. "Well, Ron. It's nice to meet you. Now why don't you all come inside?" Lily gestured them to come inside.

"You were all gone for a long time," Hermione told her father as they also entered.

"We know, and we're sorry," he answered her as he kissed the top of her head. "But it wasn't an easy trip. The ship we took got in a bad storm, and the damage was extensive. Luckily no one was hurt. Once the repairs were done, we headed straight for the market and stayed there for about two weeks until it was over. We've brought you both something."

"Really?" she asked excitedly. "What?"

"You can see later," James laughed. "Oh, and by the way, we have another guest with us. We ran into him at an inn on our way back."

As soon into the kitchen, Ron saw that there was a very old man sitting there waiting for them. He had a very thin body and was sporting a long beard and glasses. He beamed at the sight of Harry and Hermione and got up from the table so that he could give them both a hug. Ron briefly wondered if this was a grandfather when Hermione said respectfully, "Dumbledore, Sir."

Ron's jaw dropped. Dumbledore? As in the same Dumbledore who gave him his blessing and the one who put his sister to sleep? But he was so… old! Dumbledore looked over their heads to see him standing there and his eyes told the truth. The same blue eyes that he had seen that day…

Dumbledore looked at him confused for a moment, his eyes becoming glassy for a moment as if he was remembering something from a long time ago. Suddenly they widened in nothing but shock before he walked over to get a closer look at him.

"So it is you…" he said softly, his voice sounded filled with age and wisdom.

"Dumbledore?" James asked in surprise, looking between the two of them. "You know him?"

Dumbledore didn't answer him as he lowered his head and spoke to Ron, "I knew that the princess's heart started again, but it is good to see you again, my young prince. After all these years…"

There was stunned silence in the little house.

"P-prince?" Hermione stuttered.

He looked up at them all as they stared at the two of them. "So it is you!" Ron gasped, relief flooding through him. Finally, someone who could help him!

"Sir?" Harry asked confused as the rest of them looked from Ron to Dumbledore and back. "What are you talking about?"

"I see that he hasn't told you," Dumbledore said as he brought them all to the table.

"You're a prince?" Harry whispered to him as they all took their seats.

"Ah… well…" Ron said ashamed. "The truth is…"

"I'll explain it," Dumbledore said gently, he looked to the others and explained, "Prince Ronald here, is part of the royal family of the cursed kingdom."

More stunned silence fell and now they were all gaping like fish out of water. Dumbledore lowered his head softly as he went on, "A hundred years ago, when I had just started out as a wizard, I was once good friends with the royal family. King Arthur, Queen Molly, and their six sons and only daughter Ginevra. I, myself, had given the princess and the prince's their blessings… when they were born; however, after the princess's birth, a dark wizard named Voldemort had cursed her."

"Cursed her?" James repeated in horror.

"Oh, the poor thing," Lily said softly, her hands over her mouth.

"Did you remove it?" Hermione's father asked.

"I would've if I could," Dumbledore sighed. "But that was such dark magic that the only thing powerful enough to break it would be true love."

"So you made her fall asleep," Ron muttered bitterly, glaring at him.

"I am sorry," he told him with a bow of his head. "But it was the best I could do." He turned back to the rest of them and explained, "Voldemort predicted that when Princess Ginevra… or Ginny for short, turned sixteen, she would prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die."

They all looked horrified and he went on, "The best I could do, was put the princess into a deep sleep instead. An ageless, sleep until a kiss from her true love would awaken her. And of course, not knowing how long the curse would last, I then placed the whole kingdom to sleep once the princess did prick her finger, for I didn't want her to have to waken to find her family and everyone she knew to have died. And now the whole kingdom has slept for a hundred years."

More silence followed.

"But then…" Hermione stuttered out, "But why would Ro-I mean, Prince Ronald…"

"You don't have to call me a prince," Ron muttered embarrassed, for some reason, not liking it when she called him that title.

"Ok then, why would Ron wake up now?" Hermione went on, asking him.

"Because the princess has fallen in love," he answered her simply. "The princess has chosen her true love now."

"But how is that possible?" Lily asked him startled. "If she's been asleep in the castle all this time…"

"I really don't know how I can describe the nature of the spell," he told them grimly, "But the point is, I designed the spell so that when the princess has given her heart to another, the spell will wear off slightly enough so that one of her brothers will awaken and bring her love to her. Only true love's first kiss is powerful enough to break the spell."

They looked at Ron again, who was suddenly wishing that he could disappear.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Harry asked him. He didn't sound angry… more disappointed.

Ron played with the helm of his shirt and addressed the table, "Because… because I thought that you would think I was crazy," he mumbled.

"Well," Lily said, now that the shock was wearing off, "I just hope that these two didn't make you suffer too much." She looked at Harry and Hermione with a smile. "A little bit is good…"

"No, it's alright," he grumbled before he looked to Dumbledore and asked. "Ok, I'm awake! And now, I'm supposed to find my sister's soul mate right? How the hell am I supposed to do that?! I don't have anything to go by! I don't know what he looks like, where he lives… heck I don't even know his name!"

Dumbledore nodded. "Yes, I understand your frustration. But I'm afraid that I don't know any more than you do. But to start off, there are several things that you must get before you can begin to think of saving your family," he told him calmly.

"What?" Ron gasped. "You didn't mention this."

"I'm sorry," he said nodding to him. "But I set this all up not long after your kingdom fell asleep."

"Way to break it to him now," Harry muttered and Ron had to fight a smirk.

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows serenely at Harry before he looked to Ron and explained, "What you need are three things. Now that you're awake and outside the castle, you won't be able to go back so easily, even if you do find the right person. What you will need will be… an enchanted stone, a sword and a key."

"For what do I ask?" he demanded. "What's this about a sword? And a rock and key?"

"I set up enchantments to keep everyone out of the kingdom so that no harm will come to anyone," Dumbledore told him.

"What kind of enchantments?" Hermione's mother asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm afraid that it's been so long now…" he sighed. "But the point is, I have hidden three items to help you on your quest. The stone, that a dear friend of mine created, is the only thing that will cause the doors to open and let you back into the kingdom," he explained. "The sword had been enchanted so that it will be able to help you to fight your way through the traps that I put up, and the key is the key to the room where your sister sleeps. Once you have all three of these items, will you be able to bring your sister's soul mate to her."

"But WHO is he?!" he cried out.

"I don't know," Dumbledore repeated and Ron looked ready to tear his hair out.

"You must know something," Harry began desperately. "I mean… if you knew that the princess's heart started again…"

"Yeah, how did you know?" Ron interrupted.

"I created the spell," he told him simply. "I could feel a change take place within the castle, and I knew that it could only mean that the princess had chosen. But that's not the issue here. I'm afraid that I don't know… who your sister loves with all her heart… that is something only the princess can decide," he told him grimly. "I have to say nothing has been the same since the kingdom fell asleep. But if you want a chance to save them, then you must go and find these items, if you go, you might get lucky and find him along the way."

Ron didn't do anything but stare at him before his head fell onto the table with a loud bang. "I can't believe this…"

James looked up to Dumbledore and asked, "This isn't all just one big joke right?"

When he shook his head, James sighed. "I thought not. It's not like you to joke around about things like this."

The questioning went on for some time until the sun had set and Lily and Monica, Hermione's mother, started preparing dinner. As the men talked, the trio went out to the field.

They leaned up against the fence that they all worked so hard to fix together, all of them watching as the stars slowly began to come out. "So…" Harry said after a long silence. "You aren't going to lock us in the dungeon for making you get your hands dirty?"

"No," Ron smirked, knowing that he was joking. "I mean… I'm glad I got to see how hard you work. Really, makes me think…"

"We knew that you came from a rich family," Hermione said softly, "But a prince?"

"Is it that really hard to believe?" he asked frowning.

"Well, when I first met you, you didn't look like much of a prince," Hermione answered with a smile. Just mentioning that first day, and the mud caused them all to start laughing.

"Seriously, though," Hermione said, once she hiccupped back to normal, her face turning stern again. "Why didn't you tell us? We might've been able to help."

"Well," he said defensively, "What would you do if you were me?"

"Well, this explained why you didn't know anything about the castle, or anything else around here, huh?" Harry asked him. "And why you were so interested in hearing the story either. So the day we met was right around the time that you woke up?"

Ron turned red as he nodded, "I just woke up… and I had been wandering around for days until I met you both."

Quiet fell again for a short time until Hermione asked, "What was it like?"

"What was what like?" he asked confused.

"You life before this…" she asked softly, "What was your kingdom like? What was it like sleeping all that time?"

Ron looked down at the ground.

"It's ok," Harry said at once, "You don't have to tell us if you don't want to."

"No…" he said softly. He looked to them both, "I trust you…" He moved up to sit right on the fence and thought for a moment.

"Well…" he said slowly, "It's always been such a peaceful place. I told you about my brothers and parents right?"

They both listened, not bothering to tell him the fact that he left major parts of his stories out. "And well… there's not much to say. Everyone was really happy… I was still just a baby when my sister was cursed. Only my two eldest brothers Bill and Charlie remember that night. But on Ginny's sixteenth birthday, three of my brothers were watching her, but they let her slip out of their sights. She was only gone for a little while… and I don't know for sure how it happened… but she must've pricked her finger. After that… I just… I just remember waking up in the hallway."

Hermione moved to sit next to him. "That sounds like it would've been a terrible experience. Waking up like that?"

He shuddered slightly at the memory of waking up surrounded by thorns… alone in that quiet place…

"You have no idea," he said miserably.

"So you knew Dumbledore way back then?" Harry asked. "And as soon as you heard that he was still alive with us…?"

"I knew that he was the only one who could help me," he said with a shrug. "I can't tell you how stunned I was to find out I was asleep for a hundred years! I swear, it passed in just the blink of an eye!" He sighed as he looked up at the dark sky, "I can't believe how much has changed."

They all looked back to the sky and waited… just enjoying each other's company.

"So what are you going to do?" Harry finally asked.

"I'm going to get those stupid items," Ron muttered darkly. "Dumbledore said that he would give me a map to find them… but…" he looked at them both before he said, "I'm toast, huh?"

"You shouldn't give up so easily," Hermione said at once.

"I think he's just toying with me," Ron muttered again, "I mean… he could've held onto those items… or put them all in the same place so that it'd be easier to get them! BUT NO! He had to go and hide all three of them in different places! Why would he do that?!"

"Well," Hermione said slowly, "You shouldn't be so hard on him. He had no idea how long you'd all sleep for. For all he knew, you could've slept for so much longer! He might've been dead and gone by the time you woke up! He must've done what he thought would be for the best…"

Ron gave her a grim look. "Well, how am I going to do it? I don't have the slightest clue where to start!"

Harry patted him on the shoulder. "Look… why don't we get some food? You haven't lived until you had some of my mum's cooking…"

Ron cheered up slightly at the thought of food, but the frown was still there. He walked miserably to the house, with Harry and Hermione right behind him. As they walked, they both shared a look with each other and a quiet nod; both of them thinking the same thing.

Dinner would've been quiet, but they kept asking questions about the curse and what life was like a hundred years ago. Ron felt slightly better as he thought of his family, but he glanced at his friends… this would be the last time he saw them… after tonight… he would leave by himself and go out to try and save his kingdom…

By the time that it was over and they went to bed, Ron was feeling miserable… almost wishing that tomorrow would never come.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

The sky resembled a dying fire once morning came; a swirling mass of orange, red and yellow. The air was thick, constricting, making everyone clammy with the evening heat.

"Well," Lily said, unusually grim as she handed Ron some food once he climbed into the wagon, a horse that Dumbledore conjured up for him was being strapped into the harness. "This should last you some time," she told him.

"Ok," he said. "Thanks… but you've already given me so much…"

"Well, it's going to be quite a long journey now isn't it?" Monica asked. "Besides, most of this is from Dumbledore."

At his name, Dumbledore came up and handed him a map. "The X's you see mark where you will find the three items needed. I entrusted them to several old friends who will be able to give it to you. Oh," he added before he handed Ron another slip of paper. "Give this to them, don't lose it… you'll need it to convince them that I sent you."

"Thanks," Ron sighed miserably as he looked at the map.

"So where are we heading to first?" Harry asked him as he put a small bag into the cart.

"Well, according to this we have to… hey-hey wait!" Ron stuttered looking up to him. "What do you mean we?"

"Oh, come on," Harry grinned. "Like we're going to let you go alone."

"You barely survived working in the fields," Hermione added as she jumped up beside him. She looked to her parents and told him, "We asked last night after you went to bed if we could go with you… they weren't happy about it, but they said sure."

"We want to help you," Monica said, with an anxious look at her daughter. "But…"

"We'll be fine, mum," Hermione reassured her. "Besides, you promised that we could go on our own adventure someday as well right?"

Harry was giving his mother a fierce hug. "You promise me that you'll be safe?" she said to him. "And keep them safe as well?"

"I always do, mum," he told her, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "And when we come back, we'll tell you everything!"

"Watch your back, son," James said gripping his hands tightly, as Hermione's parents were exchanging goodbyes to her as well.

Hermione then notice Ron's stunned expression and asked him, "What, your majesty? Don't you want to experience a new world with us?"

Ron didn't know what to say. This had to be the nicest thing that anyone had ever done for him. It was one thing to help someone plan for a journey… another to go on one with you.

"So what are we waiting for?" Harry asked brightly.

"Thanks," Ron muttered… not sure what else to say.

"Don't mention it," he said as he climbed up to sit next to them.

"Now, I know I don't need to say this," Dumbledore said coming up to stand next to them. "But be careful."

"You're not worried about us are you?" Harry asked cheekily.

"Of course I am," he smiled gently. "For any poor fool who tries to stop you."

They laughed as Harry shook the reins, "Thanks for that!" the cart started off and he called out, "And don't worry! We'll be back before you know it!"

"We'll be praying for you all," Dumbledore said. And they took off.

The adults all stood and waved them off, even long after they disappeared over the horizon. Lily looked to Dumbledore and asked, "Was this really for the best, Dumbledore?" she asked anxiously. "I know that they can take care of themselves… but…"

"They'll be fine, my dear," he told her gently. "And should they succeed, then they'll be changing everything here."

"But how are they supposed to find this guy?" Wendell, Hermione's dad, asked him. "How was the princess supposed to choose when she's locked in a timeless state for a hundred years?"

Dumbledore sighed as he looked at them. "Come inside," he said. "I'll try to explain it as best as I can."

As he led them all into the small house, miles away inside the forgotten city, the rosebud that the sleeping princess still held began to open slightly wider so that the red hue was clearly shining through.

A/N: Thanks for reading and please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

649K 14.3K 45
Everybody in the Wizard World seems to know The Boy Who Lived, but nobody ever heard of his little sister untill she goes to Hogwarts. She finds out...
32.2K 788 14
"Oh, boo who lover boy." "Fucking bastard!" "Dont talk about shaging my sister!" Life and death go hand in hand, without one the other does not exis...
1.9M 68K 142
TW: drugs, physical abuse, torture Book Two (Frigus) is out now! Some people are just born to fight. It's not that they're born brave. It's not tha...
107K 2.5K 14
Everyone believes Harry Potter's life to be over. They couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, his life is only just beginning. [THIS IS TECHNIC...