The Sleeping Princess

By Harrypotter195604

Long ago when princess Ginny was born, a dark wizard Voldemort cast a curse so she will die on her sixteenth... More

Prologue
1- The Wish
2- The Chosen Prince
3- A Peasant's Life
5- Not so Noble Meeting
6- The Old Wizard
7- Starlight, Starbright
8- The Son of a Pirate
9- Mer Island
10- Along the Moonlit Shore
11- Not a Pirate's Life
12- Coming Round the Mountain
13- Among Blooming Flowers
14- The Black Smoke
15- The Keepers of the Forest
16- Once Upon A December
17- A Dark and Slimy Cell
18- Just One Kiss
19- Fight with the Snake
20- Flight from the Castle
21- Dangerous Dream
22- True Love's Kiss
23- The Waking Kingdom
Epilogue

4- Sweet Dreams

64 12 6
By Harrypotter195604

Harry had gone to bed early that night after a round of laughter around the dinner table. He had quickly grown to enjoy Ron's company… it had been a long time since he had a good laugh. He went to bed wondering if he would have normal dreams for once or…?

He shook his head hard. 'Stop it,' he told himself. He tried to empty his head of all thoughts and dream without dreams tonight. Because seeing her wasn't helping with his life.

Who was she? For a long time now, he had been having very strange dreams… they started happening about a year ago… when a girl would appear… a girl he didn't even know.

He sighed as he shut his eyes and laid his head on the pillow and was asleep in no time. But then…

*Dream*

'Oh, no…' he thought as he opened his eyes to see that he was in the middle of a forest. 'That dream again…'

He looked around him, the tall enchanting trees towered over him as a gentle breeze of wind blew through his hair and clothes. He could hear birds chirping and knew that she would be here. He got up from where he laid and started wandering aimlessly through the trees, wondering how long it would take before he found her… what she was doing now. As he walked, he couldn't help but remember the first time he saw her.

About a year ago, he went to bed and dreamt of this very same forest. He had wandered through the trees for what felt like hours until he finally saw someone. It was a young woman standing among the trees looking so sad and lonely that he had to go up and talk to her.

But back to the present, he was ducking through the trees, looking around for his friend… and finally he spotted her there. A girl with beautiful red hair and brown eyes sitting underneath a large tree, as if waiting for someone; she glanced up when she heard him coming and smiled when she saw him.

"You came back," she asked as he came up to her. This was what she said whenever he came to her.

"I always do," he told her teasingly and she smiled brightly at him. He took his seat next to her and asked her, "So what's your name?"

She chuckled sadly. "I can't remember. You know that."

This time, it was his turn to laugh. "Never know when you might remember," he told her as she raised her eyebrows at him. He looked down at her lap to see that she had been weaving something from the grass. He merely sat back and watched as she exhaled wearily and her fingers relaxed around the grasses she held cradled in one palm.

Her long arched neck ached and her tense back ached from staying folded in the same position for such long hours that seemed to stretch on much longer than they ought to have done. She had the energy of a warrior spirit… he knew her well enough that her energy wanted to be free and untamed, leaping her onto treetops.

But she was also so gentle as she handled the project in her lap so delicately that he had no worries that it would break. "Do you remember when we first met?" he asked her and she gave him another beaming smile.

He remembered as if it had been yesterday. It had been after he had fallen asleep after a particularly hard day working with his father in the field. He was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow and he was suddenly in this beautiful place.

He had walked on for so long that he was beginning to feel that he was trapped when, all of a sudden, he heard crying. He followed the sound of tears to the very girl next to him. She had been underneath a tree and continued to cry.

She looked so unhappy that he called out to her. But as soon as she heard his voice however and looked up to see him, she got up and ran.

"H-hey wait!" he had yelled and ran after her. He could only see the image of red hair as she disappeared into the trees. He pushed his way through the plant life, trying to follow—but he felt like he was just wandering around in circles. When he thought that he would never find her again, he heard her scream and ran on ahead. He remembered how he had burst through a clearing and spotted her… she had been trapped by thorns and vines, attempting to drag her into a deep pit.

He looked around him for something—anything—and then he spotted a rock with a jagged edge. It wasn't a knife, but it would do. He grabbed it before he charged forward and hacked the thorns in the process, trying to pull the girl to safety…

But the plants kept coming. He grabbed her hand and pulled her as far away as he could. She kicked out at the vines, and with one more pull, Harry had been able to get her free. He took her hand and pulled her away from the pit, deep into the forest until they were out of breath. Once they were away… the girl looked up at him.

"Thank you…" she said in a soft voice… and that was when he woke up, his father telling him that it was time to get to work.

"I remember," the girl told him as she smiled. "I had been so alone for so long, I wasn't used to seeing people. I thought that you were going to hurt me…"

"Must've been pretty boring here," he asked and she nodded grimly.

"I hated it," she told him sadly. "I don't usually cry, but I was just so upset that day…"

Harry nodded. While he knew that his friend was strong, she must've been stuck here for a long time to cause her to be reduced to tears like that.

With a gentle yawn and the encroaching of sleep, the girl picked up her project to weave the leafy herbs into it. She worked out the tough kinks found in the thickly veined vegetation and was kept awake more by the stringent, spicy smell of the medicinal mash than by the pain in her joints. Even the woody scent of the forest, which always smelled warm with sun by that time of day as if heavy with memories of the forest had grown up, was drowned beneath the powerful smell, as was the cool and earthy scent of the stones made them both tired.

"What are you making?" he asked her.

"Just something to do," she answered. "There's nothing to do but wait for you to come and tell me about your day."

Harry laughed as he stretched out on the warm grass and told her all about how Hedwig was going to have her foal soon, how they worked on the fields and other chores around the farm, and how they were planning on going to the village for supplies tomorrow.

"Don't you ever leave?" he asked her and she gave him a sad look. "I've told you that answer before. I try… but for some reason I can't. It's like I just can't escape. And no matter how hard I try, I can't remember anything from before I got here… only that I've been alone here for a long time."

He sighed. "I know I can't do anything… I'm not even sure it's real… but I wish that I could help."

Ginny smiled and delicately ran a finger along an orbed blossom of a yellow flower that was growing at the foot of the tree.

"This is a Daffodil," she told him as he looked at it.

"And what's it for?" he asked to amuse her.

"Well," she started to say, going back to her work as she talked. Almost nonchalantly she told him, "You give that flower to someone when you want to make a confession you're too afraid to make. Sometimes you can give it to someone to let them know you're apologizing for something, but mostly you give it to someone when you want to tell them you really, really like them. And you hope that they will return your feelings."

He smiled as he looked up at the blue sky through the treetops. And while these dreams were confusing he had also grown to love these long talks.

"Oh, and we have a new helper around the farm," he told her. "His name's Ron… he's been with us for a little while."

The girl looked up. "Ron?" she asked.

"Yeah," he told her, propping up on his elbow to look at her.

"That name sounds familiar," she said thinking it over. "Or… maybe not." She sighed. She looked at him and asked if he could tell her anything else.

"I don't know why you like hearing me talk about chores all the time," he told her.

"Because it's something different," she told him. "Nothing changes here. Please?"

He smiled at her again and went into more details. She didn't say a word as she worked, but he could tell she was listening. So he told her. He explained that with winter coming, they were working on fixing the fence, taking care of their trees and fed the animals. It was funny that she seemed so fascinated by all of it. When he finished she asked, "And why do you come here?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. It's all a dream and I can't control my dreams."

"But…" she said, reaching out to touch his wrist. "It all feels so real."

He understood what she meant. He could feel it… the slightly warm and soft hand felt so real on his skin… as if she was touching him for real.

"But what other explanation is there?" he asked.

She shrugged as she finished her project. "What is that?"

It was a beautiful green blanket. "Just something to do to keep me busy," she said. "I've got nothing but time here to learn how to do it."

He smiled. "Ah… yeah… it's really good." He never was good at this.

But she knew what he was thinking. She looked up at him one more time before she said softly—the same thing she said whenever it was almost time to leave—"Come back soon…"

And sure enough, Harry opened his eyes to see that he was back in his room.

A/N: Ahh… what do you think about this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 1K 29
Y/N Miller was a "die-hard" fan of Harry Potter books and movies... She always wished to have some kind of magic โœจ And one day, her entire reality w...
253 29 9
What if Harry Potter wasn't the only person who lived? What if that night Voldermort visited two houses? The daughter of Merlin himself died protect...
21.8K 866 35
โ› ๐—ช๐—˜'๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—•๐—˜ ๐—” ๐—™๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ โœ โช ยทหš เผ˜ ยฐห–โœงหš * เณƒ โบห– โธโธ หšโ‚Šเผ‰ โซ in which mavis black was known all around hogwarts, but mostly for her nam...
20.1K 445 14
Her third year at Hogwarts didn't start well for (Y/N) Hydra. A mass murderer broke out of Azkaban to come after her and one of her friends. She ran...