One Sided

By L1yahhhh

Aaliyah Miracle, a socially awkward girl falls in love with the popular athlete with deadly secrets, Alexande... More

~About ~
~Chapter 1~
~chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8-
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~ Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~

~Chapter 14~

33 0 0
By L1yahhhh

_________________________________

~Aaliyah's POV~

I didn't mean to say what I said to Alex. I just had to, knowing the kind of person my Mom was. I knew she wouldn't accept Alex being my friend or even worse the guy I had a crush on.

"Who the hell was that".

"A friend".

"A freind?"

"Yeah he's a freind from school".

"He didn't seem like he was".

"Mom what are you talking about now".

"You know what I'm talking about that boy ain't look like he's a friend".

"Mom!"

"Don't Aaliyah, I can't believe you dating that  boy now, haven't I taught you anything?!"

"You can't keep doing this"

"You know ever since your father-".

"Mom stop, I'm tired of you using that as an excuse!"

"You know damn well it's not, we came to this country for a better life now you better not forget your old one. And I don't want to see you around him again"

"Mom!"

"What I already allowed those white girls you friends with, this I can't let you!"

I just got tired of arguing with my mom, it really never gets anywhere with her.

"And where do you think you're going to?", Mom said with a stern voice.

"Up to my room", I replied still walking up the stairs.
"To do what, talk to that boy?" She snapped questioning me.

"Mom you know damn well I'm-".

"Yeah you better not finish that sentence".

"I'm sorry".

"You better be".

'You better be', i mimicked her under my breath. I knew better than to actually mouth it to her hearing.

I was pacing back and forth around my room pondering on what to say to Alex. I mean he literally saved me and I didn't even give him a thank you.

I wasn't sure if my words hurt him earlier today but he did look a little down hearted from what I said but why should he, he was with Dalia after all.

~Next day~

I felt pretty anxious on my walk to school. I was anxious about the police and the people at school who were at the party.
I really didn't need to be arrested right now.

I was so nervous walking down the hallway, thankfully no one paid any attention to me, seems they didn't know.

"Hey girl", crystal greeted with a huge smile on her face.
"Uhm hey", I waved back too awkwardly because she probably wanted to talk about me ignoring her texts.

"You haven't been available what's wrong , I couldn't find you at the party?", she questioned looking worried.

"Look come with me", I said pulling her into the bathroom.
"What's wrong Aaliyah you're scaring me?"
"I was harassed at the party".
"What?!"
"Crystal", I reached out to her looking at her sobbing, I knew she felt really guilty for leaving me at the party.
"Who did it?", she said wiping away her tears.
"I don't know I couldn't see his face", I lied.
"He was masked?", she asked. I hated lying to her but I couldn't let her know I was involved in Levi's murder.
It still haunted me, replaying the scene in my head. I couldn't still understand how Alex could do that but funny enough I wasn't really scared of him.

"Aaliyah!", Crystal called out interrupting the thoughts in my head.
"What?" I blurted.
"You zoned out and we gotta get to class you don't wanna be late". She said.
"Oh okay".
"Look I don't wanna pressure you but you can always talk to me okay I love you".
"I love you too".

.....................................

The lunch break was over and I had calculus next that means I would have to sit next to him. I had been trying to avoid him the all day, I did see him once in the hallways but I tried not to look at him.

I entered my calculus class taking a seat at my desk. I noticed Alex wasn't here and I really hoped it stayed that way.

Unfortunately he walked in looking handsome as ever. I sat there admiring his dark jet hair. It was a casual most times but sometimes neat and flowing. I looked into his coffee-colored eyes, they're so beautiful. He had the most casual outfit on, a basic white tee and a pair of dark colored jeans with his signature light blue varsity jacket.

He gave out a wink but I realized it wasn't at me but the person and the back of the class. I looked back realizing it was Dalia. What did I expect?

"Everyone open up your textbooks to page sixty-three", Miss Colleen spoke.

I couldn't help to take a few glances or glares at him. He was so horrible and confusing. But I still needed to thank him.
Horribly gorg-
Oops...never mind

" hey" I said placing a light nudge to his arm. He was focused on his books, I could tell he was ignoring me because he was at page one hundred and five.

"Well I just wanted to say thanks for helping me at the party", I muttered knowing he probably didn't want to talk to me.

I could see a smile creep up his face then he suddenly clenched his jaw trying to hide the smile that crept up his face.

"Miss Miracle would you like to share to the class what you and Mr Lucas could be possibly conversing about" Mr Colleen said with a furious face. "No Miss Colleen", I replied.

I heard a slight chuckle from the dark haired boy beside me. He really knew how to get on my nerves.

When class was over I went out to pull a few things out of my locker to get to my next class. Then I noticed someone following me of course it was Alex.

"What?", I spat out. He just stared at me, I could feel his sharp gaze piercing through my body. His lips then curved into a smile when he looked at my lips.

"Why do you keep staring at me?", I questioned. He just kept staring at me.

"Why shouldn't I ?" He questioned not averting his gaze.

Welp this is awkward.

"Well I have to get going", I said while finally getting my books out of my locker.

"No you're not", he said catching my wrists and slamming me to the locker.
Was he insane?
"What the".
"Can I kiss you?" He asked interrupting me.
"No?.....wait what?".
He pressed his lips against mine , and I jolted in surprise. He let out a slight deep sigh before slamming his lips back on mine.

We were in the hallway....

Our bodies pressed together against the locker gently trying to avoid making any noise, breathing heavily as our lips pressed together. He tasted like alcohol and cigarettes. I couldn't tell if this was a turn on or, no it was. It was.

I could feel the beat of our heartbeats combine. I slowly pulled away trying to catch my breath since he almost left me breathless. "I think I'll let you get to class", he said with a sly grin.

"Oh and text me later I wanna ask you something" he later added on exiting the school as usual. I watched him walk out of the big exit doors down the hallway. Did he ever attend classes?

What did he wanna ask me?

..................................

"You're back a little late, mind telling me where you were", Mom said with a hint of distaste.

I knew she thought I was hanging out with him. If she ever found out I talked to him also ki-....

"I was just with crystal", i assured her. I actually did meet up with crystal at a coffee shop after school. She was so excited that Asher finally asked her out and they were going to the dance together.

"I need to talk to you", she said raising my alarms. My mom never really looked this nervous about something and I knew something was wrong.

"About what", I questioned causing her lips to curl. "You need to sit down honey", she said with a tight lipped smile, I could tell she was anxious like she had been hiding something.

" I relapsed" she said with tears threatening to fall. " I know I said I'll do better, I'm sorry", she said making me shake my head in disbelief. I thought she was really trying, I watched her how could it be?

Aaliyah", she said cupping my cheeks with her hands. "I'm sorry I also got laid off", she muttered. "Mom , I thought you would quit", I said looking downhearted.

"I promise sweetie I'll look for another job", she said pulling me in for a hug.
I hugged her back, reassuring her it would okay. I knew she was trying but she needed to do more this time.

"It's gonna be okay Mom", I said slowly rubbing her back. It all just made sense that's why I barely see her and the late nights. I didn't want to ask her why she relapsed, I didn't want to pressurize her much.

~End of chapter ~
This was pretty boring but there's a big surprise so stick around.

*vote and comment*

•• Thank you ••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.6K 2.9K 22
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵? Amanda Lone was minding her business walking home from an 8-hour-s...
39.9K 3.4K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
37.8K 250 26
It's crazy how this world seems to work. It's gotten so crazy that you need "permission" to love who it is you want to love. They don't want me to lo...