This Cinderella is a Player

By StorySpinner

Tiana moves to a new town with her wicked step-mother and evil step-sister Harriet. Call it a modern Cinderel... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Interview of "This Cinderella is a Player" characters!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Tiana tells How to Hook a Guy
Tiana Tells How to Hook a Guy (Continued)

Chapter 9

237K 2.9K 535
By StorySpinner

                                                                                Chapter 9

                                                                                   *Blaze*

A camping trip…that would be interesting. I smiled as the English teacher announced about the compulsory trip we were going to have day after tomorrow. That would be the perfect opportunity to tame Tiana. Scary woods and a beautiful girl…what could go wrong?

“Hey man…why are you smiling?” Liam nudged me suspiciously.

“Nothing,” I fixed my eyes on him and smirked.

“Yeah sure…you want me to believe that?” he rolled his eyes. “Do you think I don’t know that you won’t be up to any good during the trip?”

I laughed, “You know me so well.”

“Why can’t you get into a stable relationship for a change?” he frowned checking the text messages on his mobile.

“Totally,” I said peeking in to read the text message he had received from his girlfriend.

She had texted, “Where in d world r u? u didn’t even meet me in the mornin before d classes started n Kayla saw u getting cosy wid Michelle. Wat's all dis? Is dere sumthinn I shud kno?”

“That is what I desire in my heart,” I pointed towards his mobile’s screen, “A nice stable relationship with an amazingly understanding girl.”

“Stephanie is amazing alright. You wouldn’t know what a relationship means because you've never been in an actual one. This is just a silly misunderstanding..... you know what a bitch Kayla is. She fills Stephanie’s ears with nonsense,” he said while furiously messaging back to his Stephanie.

“It’s out of my basic understanding how you bear all this drama,” I said getting up from my chair as the English class got over.

“Blaze!” a girl with black hair clung to my shoulder.

“Marina…” I grinned as Liam rolled his eyes for the second time and dashed out of the class to meet Stephanie of course.

“Can you come over to my house this evening?” she asked, “I’m having some problems with my science assignment and I could use some help.”

Well, that meant she wanted a make out session with me or why do you think a girl would invite me? Marina had invited me over her house before and I was proven right. That time I couldn’t go; I was going to work my way through someone else; a certain blonde who had stolen my heart…for the time being at least. I cursed my attention span at times; why did I get bored with one girl in such little time? Was because there were too many to choose from? The minute I thought I’d found the sexiest girl a sexier one came along and proved me wrong.

“I've got some work Marina,” I said taking her arm of my shoulder gently and holding her hand.

“Oh,” her pink mouth made a soft ‘o’.

“Some other time then,” I said hopefully and left the English class.

My phone started to buzz. I prayed silently that it wasn’t Kara; I’d already had enough with her. She had really started to annoy me.

Ah…it was Vivienne.

“What’s up Viv?” I smiled. It had been a long time since she last called.

“Blaze…how have you been? It’s been so long hun,” her chirpy voice said.

“I know right? I’ve been the same old you know.”

“Still playing around with chicks?” she laughed, “When will you change?”

“When hell freezes over...I guess.”

“Man! You are so dramatic.”

It was strange but yes I had a close friend of the opposite gender. So, in contradiction to what others said I could be friends with the females too. I know I had only one female friend but I did at least have one. With the other girls the friendship always turned into something more and as a rule I had to break up with them after a week. For some reason none of them wanted to be friends with me after that.

The fact that Vivienne was one of the most gorgeous girls I had ever met made it even stranger that I was still friends with her. She had midnight black hair, dark brown eyes and full pouty red lips. She had been my close friend since kindergarten. She shifted to Nelson Kimberly Academy also known as N.K.A in the fourth grade. That school was strictly for rich kids, it would have been unaffordable for others. My parents could easily afford to send me there but somehow I liked it at Sandbay High.

Vivienne always scoffed at me for staying back at Sandaby High. She never left an opportunity to persuade me to change my school. Needless to say, I never gave in. I had a nice chat with her before going on to science class. We even made a programme to meet up in the evening. I always had fun with her.

***

                                                                             +Tiana+

“What do you mean…you are going out for camping…for THREE DAYS?” Marylyn got up from her princess bed alarmed.

“It is compulsory to go…grades will be given on the basis of the activities performed in the camp,” I said looking down at the floor quoting Mr. Kingsley.

“Who is going to cook? Who is going to clean the house? You are not going for the trip,” she said staring at the consent slip in her hands.

“It is compulsory to go,” I said feeling helpless.

“Tell the teacher you broke you leg or both your legs,” she threw the slip on the floor and lied down back on her bed.

“I can’t, they would know I am lying,” I said picking up the slip from the floor.

Please let me go…please…please, I chanted in my head.

“Now go make some lunch for us don’t stand here gaping at me girl,” she snapped at me.

“But—Marylyn…”

“Go! Shoo!” she sat up a little and exclaimed.

I should have known she would never allow me to go for the trip. I sat down on my tiny bed bummed out. Why did I get Marylyn as a step-mother? She was the most evil woman in the whole world. At least I had a date with Zack to look forward to.

“Hey Chas…” I said glumly picking up her call.

“Why so serious my friend?” she asked in her usual excited voice.

“It’s Marylyn…she's not giving me permission to go for the camping trip.”

“WHAT?” she screamed, “It’s compulsory…everyone has to go.”

“I know she told me to tell the teacher that I broke both of my legs so I can’t go,” I laid face down on the bed so my voice sounded a bit muffled.

“First of all don’t shove your sad little face in your mattress…I can barely hear you and second of all there’s nothing in this world to stop you from going on this trip. Hang on okay,” she kept me on hold.

“Okay give me your landline number,” Chas ordered.

“Why?” I asked confused.

“Just do okay,” she said.

I dictated the landline’s number.

“Now just wait for it,” she said mischievously and cut the call.

What was this girl going to do? I couldn’t wait. Fortunately I didn’t have to wait much as the landline started to ring loudly.

“Tiana!” Marylyn screamed out habitually.

I ran downstairs to pick up the call.

“Hello,” I picked up the receiver.

“Give the phone to your delightful step-mother,” it was Chas.

“What? Are you out of your mind?”

“Don’t get your thongs in a bunch,” she said warily.

“It’s panties not thongs,” I said laughing.

“Whatever…now give the phone over to Marylyn just say that it’s for her.”

“Who is it Tiana?” my step-monster asked coming out of her room.

“I don’t know…It’s for you,” I shrugged.

“Put it on the loudspeaker,” she said sitting on the couch.

I put the phone on the loudspeaker and a voice came through the phone.

“Hello…Is Mrs. Cameron here?” a mature voice asked.

How did Chas get hold of a grown up to do whatever she was going to?

“Yes…that’s me,” Marylyn declared filing her nails. They looked more like talons though.

“Good evening Mrs. Cameron…this is Mrs. Chaney speaking. I’m Tiana’s class teacher.”

That got Marylyn’s attention. She kept the filer aside and concentrated on what the lady was saying.

“I just wanted to remind you that you've to sign the consent slip today so that your ward can bring it along tomorrow,” ‘Mrs. Chaney’ declared.

“Tiana won’t be able to come,” Marylyn said firmly.

“All right no problem Mrs. Cameron. Just remember to show up for the coming week at school at 7am sharp.”

“What?” Marylyn asked shocked.

“Yes, you must have been informed students will be marked on the trip. So, Tiana won’t be graded if she doesn’t come for the camping trip. To make up for her grade she would have to participate in the mother and daughter project,” the lady explained.

I tried to stifle my laughter as I looked at Marylyn’s face.

“Mother and daughter project?” she asked scandalized.

“It'll go on for a week and you've to come at 7am sharp to the school so that Tiana won’t miss her normal classes. You both will be given a project that you have to do in the school. It is a team project because the grades given during the trip will also be based on teamwork.”

“Did I say Tiana is not coming for the trip?” Marylyn laughed nervously.

“I believe you just did.”

“My mind must have been wandering someplace else. Of course she's coming for the trip Mrs. Chaney, you'll get the signed slip by her positively.”

“Very well…thank you Mrs. Cameron.”

“Yeah, bye,” Marylyn got up from the couch and hurriedly cut off the call.

“Why didn’t you tell me about the mother and daughter project?” Marylyn demanded.

“You shoed me out before I could,” I lied making a sad face.

“7am in the morning? Is that even humanly possible? That too every single day of the week?” she mumbled.

I looked down trying my best not to laugh. Chas was one little evil genius. I had to thank her for this tremendously.

“Where's your slip? Get it, I will sign it.”

***

“You should have seen her face,” I laughed into my mobile.

“She signed it didn’t she?” Chas asked happily.

“Yup she did…you are officially the best,” I said taking out a red tee shirt and shorts from my cupboard.

“Mother and daughter project,” I started to laugh again, “It’s funny to even imagine her as a motherly figure and as if she would ever get up so early.”

“I know that witch,” Chas grumbled.

“So, I’m going now!” I did a joyful dance.

“Bipitty bopitty boo,” she giggled.

“Oh I have to go now…I have a date with Zack,” I told her.

“Ooh a date…with Zack?” she teased.

“Come on! I’m going to an old age home with him.”

“Our dear Zack always the God’s little helper,” she sighed dramatically.

“He’s so sweet it hard to believe,” I nodded as if she could see me.

“It is very hard to believe that such nice guys still exist when I myself stay with the devil himself,” Chas said wickedly and then exclaimed, “Owww! Quit hitting me you freak!”

“Hello?” I tried to remind her that I was still on the phone.

“Later girlie…there’s someone next to me who is going to be killed.”

“Chas?” I said but she had already cut the call. She was honestly like a little tornado and it was hard to believe that a girl this petite could cause so much trouble.

I changed my clothes and quietly walked out of the house.

“On time today,” Zack grinned at me looking particularly delicious that evening. He had slicked back his dirty blond hair. The light mauve shirt he was wearing looked good on him paired with basic blue jeans and converse.

“I am always on time,” I rolled my eyes as he started his car.

***

We entered a shaggy yellow building. The paint on the walls was cracking on most of the places. The furniture looked ancient. Ominous portraits littered the walls.

“Hey Zack,” the receptionist smiled, “I’m glad you could make it today.”

“How are you Karen?” he smiled back at the middle aged woman, “You are looking nice today.”

“Oh thank you,” she blushed, “I have a date with Tom tonight.”

“So, finally he asked you out on a date?” Zack asked interested.

“Yes…I thought he wouldn’t ever ask me out on a date,” Karen said and then looked at me, “Is she your girlfriend?” She grinned at both of us.

“Sadly not yet,” he winked at me.

“Zack,” I nudged him playfully.

Karen picked up the ringing phone and said, “Um...hmm yes he’s here. I’ll send him right up.”

“Zack,” she said keeping the receiver back on the cradle, “You guys go up they are waiting for you.”

“As you say Karen.”

“Here Tee,” he showed me the way to the stars.

We climbed up silently. I wondered what we were going to do to entertain old people.

“Here we are,” Zack declared.

We stood in a large hall filled with people of my grandmother’s and grandfather’s age. Yes, my grandparents were not alive anymore but if they were they must have looked something like them. They were scattered all around the room on chairs having conversations with each other.

“Hey guys!” Zack clapped his hands together and they all looked up smiling.

“You are here, son,” an old woman said trying to stand up from the chair.

Zack ran towards her to help her up.

“And that’s your girlfriend?” she asked naughtily.

“No grandma Lucy…she isn’t,” he blushed.

“If I was your age, young man I would have changed that fact,” a man said from the corner of the room.

“Jack…always the Casanova,” Zack laughed.

I stood at one place confused what to do, thankfully Zack sorted that out.

“I feel like dancing...Are you guys up for it?” he asked.

“I do feel like a little dancing,” a lady got up from her chair did a little jiggy.

“Alright then…Tee please go and put on some music,” he said to me as he was helping some people to get up from their chairs.

“Sure thing,” I said and walked towards the table on which the music system was placed. Most of the CDs lying by the system were old Madonna CDs.

I picked up one of them and put inside the system.

Madonna’s crooning filled the room. Everyone started to dance.

Zack came and stood beside me, “Cute aren’t they?”

“Yup,” I looked up at him. Zack was seriously a very nice person.

“Is Lucy your granny?” I asked curiously.

“No, I just call her that because she reminds me of my late grandmother. She’s amazing.”

“You feel like some dancing?” he asked breaking into a cute little dance. He looked adorable doing that.

“Why not,” I shrugged and moved towards the middle of the room with him.

I thoroughly enjoyed with him. It was so much fun to be with Zack. He was nice and extremely entertaining to be with.

***

Author's Note: No complaining now at all! I’ve written a loooong chappie this time it was almost like 7 pages in MS Word. Isn’t Chas cool? I want a best friend like Chas :D Does any of you have friend like Chas? Or are you like her? What do you think of Zack? Which guy would you go for if you were Tiana? I don’t feel like studying for my exams :( It’s so boring…

Please vote as much as you can for this story because I’ve entered it for the Watty Awards.COMMENT.VOTE.FAN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 354 34
Hey, my names Sofia or how my friends call me "lil' soso". Sofia is sassy, classy and a bit bad-assy she breaks the rules, talks back, smokes, drink...
184K 5.2K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
357K 10.3K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
349K 11.5K 46
"Who the hell are you little girl?" He asked. "A human unlike you jackass," I snapped immediately, surprised by my own answer. His grip loosened as h...