Edge Of Revenge

By inkandanalysis

Rivia has been reborn as Davia, consumed by a burning desire for revenge. Along the way, she meets The Avenge... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

903 35 14
By inkandanalysis

DAVIA

"WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO ONE SURVIVED?!" I yelled in anger as soon as I received the news about the super soldiers.

"I'm sorry to inform you of this, Mistress. But the vehicle crashed." Lynn informed me calmly.

Closing my eyes as I exhaled a harsh breath, "Fuck." I mumbled under my breath.

"Get out. GET OUT!" I bellowed, Lynn bowed and left, "You too, Ava. I want to have some time alone. NOW!" I added, Ava hesitated but obeyed and left.

A series of curses escaped my lips as I ran my hand through my hair.

"I said I want to be alone right now." I muttered, Frederick turned me around and planted a kiss on my head.

"Deep breaths, my love." Frederick whispered, wrapping his hands on my waist and the other gently caressing my hair.

"It's impossible that no one survived." I replied and leaned my head to his chest.

Frederick hummed and continued caressing my hair, "Maybe they're not destined to live." He said.

"Someone must've known about my plan and sabotaged it." I mumbled, "The question is who dared to mess with me?" I added, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I had it all perfectly planned. Everything was perfect." I muttered.

"Don't worry, my love. Everything will fall into place." He said and placed a kiss on my cheek.

As our eyes met, I noticed his eyes glowed red for a second and gone the next. Frederick smiled at me and caressed my face as I forgot what I saw, thinking it was due to stress.

"Why don't we take some rest first? They prepared the bath. Let me wash you and let's eat afterwards." He suggested.

Exhaling a breath, I nodded my head as he guided me towards the bathroom.

STEVE

Sitting inside the meeting room with everyone.

"A helicopter crashed near the facility. And the bodies of five burnt super soldiers were found." Tony said and a hologram picture appeared in front of us.

"Are you sure they're super soldiers?" Bucky asked.

Tony nodded his head and pictures of five burnt bodies with their profiles appeared.

"Then whose bodies were inside the chamber?" Bucky asked.

"He may have replaced those." Tony answered.

"But how?" Bucky asked.

"Someone must have helped him." Natasha said, "Sam... you said you heard a female voice when someone called Zemo." She said, Sam nodded his head.

"Who owned the vehicle?" I asked.

"Unregistered. No records." Tony replied.

"Only five bodies found. How about the pilot?" I asked, Tony shook his head for his reply.

"Only five, Captain." He replied.

"How did he make them obey him? If I remember clearly, no one can control them due to the unstableness of their mentality. Even HYDRA can't control them, that's why they locked them up." Bucky said, placing his hand under his chin.

Natasha furrowed her eyebrows, "What's the name of the girl Pietro found?" She asked.

"Her name is Davia Bazin." Tony replied.

"How did you find her? Can you describe what she's doing in the forest?" She asked Pietro.

"She was hiding behind a tree, trembling. I was going to ignore her, when she started to act like she's hurting. Holding her head and whimpering in pain. I approached her and she passed out." Pietro answered.

"Any information 'bout her?" She asked Tony.

Tony started to type her name, searching for any information he could get regarding her.

"I tried it, but nothing came out." Clint said, earning our attention, "What? I got curious." He added, shrugging his shoulders.

"Anything, Friday?" Tony asked.

"Sorry, Boss. But all her files and information are classified. I can't seem to get through their security." Friday replied.

"Well, that's a first." Sam commented, earning a look from Tony.

"Maybe she's involved." Natasha said.

"She's a close friend of King T'Challa. And I'm sure he'll wholeheartedly vouch for her." I muttered.

"The King himself said that she and the supreme commander are a couple. He must have done something to keep her information hidden. You know, privacy." Tony said, shrugging his shoulders.

"The question is what is he hiding? And why? That's sus." He added, squinting his eyes.

"Friday search Frederick Windsor." Tony said, the AI quickly obeyed and displayed his profile.

"General information. Career. Education. Achievements." Natasha mumbled, "Are they soulmates?" She asked.

"His Majesty said that they didn't disclose that information." Pietro said.

"But she said she didn't have a soulmark when I asked her." Bruce muttered, earning confused looks from us.

"No soulmark?" Thor asked.

Bruce nodded, "So, Lady Davia and Sir Frederick are not soulmates." Thor said, "It's rare not to have a soulmark." He mumbled.

"I can't read her mind and I feel some magic lingering around her." Wanda voiced out, earning all our attention.

"Magic?" Bruce asked.

"The witch is correct. I can't read her mind and I felt something off about her. Something I can't pinpoint." Loki answered.

"I also noticed something about her." Bruce started, "Something odd about her headache. I can't explain it scientifically, although she said it was due to stress and was certain about it. She also mentioned a pill as her medication, but that's all." He added.

"Well, one thing to find out is to get closer to her." Clint suggested, earning collective looks from all of us.

"What? If you want to keep an eye on her and if you're that suspicious about her and her so-called soulmate. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." He added.

"That's absolutely clever, mate. Where does she live?" Thor asked.

"Connecticut." I replied.

DAVIA

"You again." I said as soon as I saw the woman who has been frequently appearing in my dreams for the past few days.

As she saw me, a smile appeared on her lips and reached out her hand. Hesitatingly, I placed my hand to hers and pulled me gently towards her.

Warmth instantly surrounds me as she engulfed me in a hug, closing my eyes as she lightly touched my head.

"Thank you for coming back." She started.

Opening my eyes and furrowing my eyebrows, "I didn't know how I got here." I replied.

"You'll know someday. Do you know the word illusion?" She asked.

Although confused, I looked at her, "Pardon?" I asked.

"There was a story about a lonely wanderer for thousands of years when she lost his partner there in the desert, where it's full of dry sand."

"That wanderer traveled with her thirst, then she discovered a watery oasis in the middle of the desert. That person ran, drank a lot of water. But the thing inside her mouth is just sand."

"Illusion... That's illusion. What do you think? Does illusion just appear in the desert?... You mistook the illusion for the oasis. I hope you don't stick your head in the sand." She said.

Furrowing my eyebrows, "I seem to be at loss at what you're saying." I replied.

"This will be the last time you'll see me, but don't forget that I'll always be by your side." She muttered, "He'll tighten his hold onto you. And you need to remember who you truly are. The sooner the better before he'll finish his plan." She added.

Confused and petrified, no words seemed to come out of my mouth as she smiled and placed her hand on my head.

"The mind forgets, but the heart will always remember. Follow your heart, it will lead you to them." She said.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"It's time to wake up. Bye for now, Davia." She answered.

Jolting awake, I looked around and was inside my room.

Follow my heart...?

A knock interrupted my thoughts.

"Mistress, are you awake?" Ava gently asked.

"Come in." I replied and she entered.

After our breakfast, Frederick and I went to the drawing room where someone was waiting for us. There sat a woman, shoulder length curly hair with streaks of grey sticking out, elegantly holding a cup of tea taking a sip every now and then.

Sitting opposite to her, her blue eyes stared into my dark brown eyes, deep into my soul. Reading and analyzing me like an open book. A smile immediately plastered on her face, seeing us as creases formed around her eyes.

Returning the smile with a small nod to acknowledge her, "Welcome..." I paused and looked at her to introduce herself in which she understood well.

"Agatha... My name is Agatha Harkness." She said, her smile never leaving her face.

"Welcome Agatha." I greeted, "May I ask what brings you here, visiting us?" I asked as she placed down her cup and intertwined her hands, placing it on top of her lap.

"Oh dear, Frederick asked for my help." She replied which made me raise my eyebrow and glanced at him who just smiled at me.

"Frederick and I are acquaintances. We helped each other when one needed it." She added, averting my eyes to her.

"Is that so?" I asked and smiled, "Frederick never told me about any of his acquaintances until you showed up. I guess he's not a talker after all." I added, earning a chuckle from her.

"Indeed. Frederick is a quiet type of a man. He'll never talk to you unless he needs something or he considers you a friend of his." She said.

Humming as I glanced again to him which he exhaled a sigh, "I called Agatha to help us." He started, "Given that he will also arrive for a few more days. Until he arrives, Agatha will stay with us and help us in our plan." He added.

"Why? Is she a witch for her to help us?" I bluntly asked, earning a laugh from her.

Snapping her fingers, the teacups broke, collective gasps echoed inside from the maid servants while I remained unfazed at the show of powers. Her smile widened, a luminescent mist almost like a vapor of violet hue emanating from her hands, irises glow a dark violet color as the teacups restored on its own.

After her little show, she looked me in the eye, "I can teach you magic if you want, sweetie." She proposed, tilting my head a little.

"Can you?" I asked, a hint of taunting laced in my voice.

"Of course, although I sensed you already have great power. You can make it even stronger and use it for your plans." She answered, rather sweetly and warmly like a mother speaking to her child.

"Okay." I said, a cheshire-like grin replaced her smile. Turning towards Frederick, he smiled at me and placed a kiss on my hand.

"Whatever you want, my love." He said.

A day ago...

FREDERICK

"She'll arrive tomorrow." I said, sitting behind my desk.

"I'm already here. No need to wait for me." A voice rang out inside the room, Lyn immediately unsheathed his dagger and took a protective stance beside me.

"Stand down." I ordered as I saw who that voice came from, "You're supposed to arrive tomorrow, Agatha." I said to her.

"Long time no see, my friend." She greeted me with a smile on her face, "And no need to worry about my arrival. I know how to act. A little bit of it won't hurt me." She added, sarcastically.

Raising my eyebrow, her smile vanished and rolled her eyes. Exhaling a sigh as she sat in one of the chairs inside my office.

Turning towards Lyn who now hid his dagger, "Let's stop giving her the pill." I ordered, earning a surprised look from him.

"What of her memory, My Lord?" He inquired with curiosity.

Nodding my head towards her, a smirk now on her face as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"She will take away her memory, erasing it completely." I answered.

"You did not forget about my condition, did you?" She asked and stood up, walking towards my desk.

"I did not." I simply answered.

"Very well, then. I will take care of that and you do your part." She said and vanished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

668K 21.6K 38
wrong number story; mcu the reader accidentally texts a member of the avengers one day and then a beautifully chaotic friendship grows between them a...
1.1M 28.9K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...
61.8K 1.7K 131
With no memory of her past, a little girl is found in the alleys of New York. No one knows her or knows anything about her. The only thing the girl k...
21.5K 548 18
There are many stories of love and romance across the multiverse, but not all are so common. Some require the perfect setting, an exact set of circum...