Legacy (Book 5)

By mariaellez

The 5th book of the Daughter of The Game series is here. 'Legacy' follows the family as they navigate life. M... More

Hell on Wheels
By Your Side
Bully
Tough Love
Just Friends
Unhappy Camper
Surprise Visit
A Mother Always Knows
Imperfect Timing
Rocky Road
Smooth Sailing
Girl Fight
Rage
Changes
Do You Get Déjà vu
Tit for Tat
No Way
Crossing the Line
Work It Out
Heavy
Tightrope
Curveball
Baby Girl
About Damn Time
Unravel
Over the Limit
Never Easy
Ante Up
Talk It Out
Whirlwind
Lost It
Rift
Find a Solution
New Normal
Step Up
Move Along
Hesitation
Line of Fire
Plotting
Deceit
Here Comes The Pain
Scorned
Life Changing
Tough Adjustment
Truth Hurts
Familiar Faces
Check It
Train Wreck
Skeletons
One Last Rodeo
Road Block
Brotherly Love
Dead End
Battlefield
Blow Over
Snap Back
Sister, Sister
Starting Something
Tough Recovery
Call Home
Long Road Ahead
Rebuilding
Inferno
Correction
Only Love Could Hurt Like This
Moody
Baby Sister
Terminated
Birthday Boy
Birthday Brawl
It Takes a Village
Finish Line
Endless Love
Book 6 | All Grown Up

Envious

378 13 19
By mariaellez

|Jamie's POV|

I took the day off to get some things done around the house. Halfway through I figured I'd go surprise Brandon since he always surprised me. Plus I was getting hungry. Bianca and I headed to his office.

Pushing the stroller through the lobby, security smiled when they saw me. Taking the elevator up, I was all smiles. That smile quickly faded.

The issue? There was this bitch was a little too close and too damn friendly. She had on a tight mini skirt, blouse unbuttoned too far down. Literally, a spitting image of the office hoe you'd see in a porno. If she moved any closer to him, her tits would be in Brandon's fucking face. Let me calm down before I flip this office upside down.

Having Brandon around other females has never bothered me. Not once have I ever felt threatened by someone and Brandon has never done anything to make me insecure. I trusted him. It's just, every now and then there's a girl that comes along that needs to be put in her place.

I gave a hard knock to the door, announcing my presence. Brandon smiled, moving past her to get to me and Bianca.

"Hey, beautiful," he said, kissing me.

"Hey."

A little peck turned into a damn make out session. I slid my tongue in his mouth and he didn't stop me. His hand moved to my ass and squeezed it before letting go. He smirked as we broke a part knowing exactly what I was doing.

He squatted down and spoke to Bianca. From my peripheral I saw the bitch staring in my direction.  Her cheesy smile was gone.

"Um, Brandon. We need to finish going over these files you asked about."

He stood upright and turned his attention to her.

"That can wait. My wife and daughter are here."

"Oh, I didn't know you were married," she replied looking dead at me, grinning as if she won a prize.

I saw a look of confusion cross Brandon's face.

"That was actually one of the first things I told you when you came in. I said if there were any calls while I was in a meeting pertaining to my wife or my daughter, contact me immediately."

"Oh I..."

"Aside from my wedding ring being a dead giveaway, I don't discuss my personal life with employees. You're a temp filling in so if you didn't put two and two together, whether you remembered me telling you or not, that's on you. Since you're still standing here, let me introduce you to my wife, Mrs. Jamie Law, and our daughter, Bianca. Babe, this is Amina. She's filling in while Gabriella is on maternity leave."

Brandon's secretary, Gabriella, just had a baby boy and would be gone for the next 12 weeks. Brandon told her to take as much time as she needed. He'd adjust and she could ease her way back in when she was ready.

The Amina chick waved, but I didn't miss that eye roll. Brandon sighed and shook his head

"Look, Amina. I already tried ignoring you flirting with me, but don't stand there and disrespect my wife. You will no longer work here and you barely started. As a matter of fact, you can leave for the day. Come back tomorrow dressed appropriately, 9am sharp. You can finish the files first thing," Brandon stated.

Better he put that bitch in her place before I did.

"Mr. Law, I..."

He held up his hand.

"My decision is final. I hope we don't have a repeat of today and we can move forward professionally. There's a lot of work to get done. I don't have time for games. Have a good afternoon."

"Yes, sir. It was nice meeting you Mrs. Law."

She glared at me as if I did something wrong. I will...

Brandon pulled me back, closing and locking the office door as Amina left.

"Babe, chill out. I handled it," he said, going to his desk and pulling the stroller with him.

"She was in your office with their tits in your face. I come here to surprise you and you're laughing it up."

It was taking everything in me not to get curse. He's lucky I brought Bianca with me. He sat there, unfazed. He shook his head.

"I'm not doing this with you."

"Doing what?"

"Whatever you're trying to start right now, I'm not fighting with you Jamie. I just addressed the situation, in your presence. You heard everything I said. I saw the glares and eye rolls you were getting from her once you came in. I know she was flirting with me, I just wasn't paying her any mind. One because I have work to get done and two because I honestly don't give a fuck."

"Brandon!"

"My bad. You understand what I'm saying though. So all that questioning you have is irrelevant. I told you who she was. I made it very clear to her who you were and what is expected is moving forward. Problem solved. She does some slick shit again, I fire her. So like I said, chill out. I handled it."

I crossed my arms before plopping down in the chair. I turned Bianca to me and took her out her stroller and walked with her over to the play area Brandon had set up for her. She quickly started playing with her toys. I was about to sit back in my seat when Brandon stopped me.

"Uh uh, come here."

I shook my head.

"No."

He raised his brow.

"No?"

"That's exactly what I said, Brandon."

He stood up and pulled me over to the couch with him. I was still upset. He pulled me down on his lap so I was facing him.

"I don't need you messing up my outfit."

He laughed.

"First off, as much as want to fuck you into an oblivion, Bianca is right there. If she was napping, that'd be a different story."

"Sex in the office?"

"It won't be the first time. Plus, it's my law firm and I'm about to own the building. Who's gonna stop me?"

I shook my head, attempting to get off his lap, but he held me in place.

"What's bothering you? Why are you not letting this go?"

"I just know females like her."

"You have nothing to worry about."

Here goes me past haunting me.

"If you feel that uncomfortable I can fire her, J. I don't need you stressed about something happening at work. You know how I am. I would never do any foul shit to you."

I saw the look of disappointment cross his face.

"I know you wouldn't."

"Then you need to trust that I got this handled. Nothing and no one is going to jeopardize what you and I have built."

Brandon never gave me any reason not to trust him. He pulled me closer, kissing me once again.

"I get where you're coming from. How about this, she comes crazy again, I'll let you beat her ass then fire her."

I hit his chest, laughing before I stood up.

"Bullshit. I could've beat her ass just now."

"Never need you getting your hands dirty, babe."

He stood up as well.

"Da, da, da."

Bianca was reaching for him and he went over picking her up. I smiled as he lifted her in the air.

"Come on, let's go get some food."

After lunch, Brandon headed back to the office and I went to the studio. Teagan smiled when she saw me with Bianca.

"So much for taking the day off. Hey, BB."

She took Teagan from me.

"Izzy in her office?"

"Yeah. I'll keep my baby B till you get back."

"Her baby bag is under the stroller with her cups and snacks."

She nodded and I headed back to Izzy's office. She yelled come in.

"Knock, knock."

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Finished what I needed, thought I'd stop by and check on things."

"Mmm, I know that look anywhere. What's up?"

"Just in my head again," I said, sitting down.

"About?"

"Brandon has some temp filling in for his secretary who's on maternity leave. I walked in today to surprise him for lunch and this bitch was all in his fucking face. She had on a mini skirt, tits busting out of her fucking shirt."

"What did Brandon do?"

"He checked her. She had the nerve to say she didn't know he was married."

"That doesn't sound like Brandon to not make that known. You know he'll drop everything for you and BB."

I sighed.

"I know. That shit just pissed me off. Call me jealous, I don't care. You don't push up on a married man like that. Hell if a dude is in a relationship in general, back off."

"Trust me, I get it. If Brandon checked her, leave it at that. Last thing we need is drama."

"It's not like I'm looking for it. Brandon said he'd fire her if she was inappropriate again. He sent her home."

"See! So he handled it, in your presence at that. Let this one go."

"Izzy..."

"I get it Jamie, believe me I do. Brandon took care of it though, so leave it at that."

I nodded. Let it go? Yeah, right. I don't trust that girl. Something in my gut tells me she's going to stir up some shit. 

————
Author's Note—-

The love for book 6 is real! Glad y'all are on board with me!

Should Jamie feel threatened by Brandon's temp or trust that the situation is handled? Will the temp, Amina, try anything funny causing drama?

Who do you want to see up next? ;)

Likes and comments appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 12.5K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
40.4K 2.1K 91
To think it all started with 16 year old Isabella Marie Levesque, daughter of Paul "Triple H" Levesque and Stephanie McMahon Levesque. From her troub...
399K 8.2K 59
Rosie Grace is a 18 year old girl who loves to color and watch cartoons. She always wanted to be treated like a princess but she never found the righ...
58.9K 1K 36
in this you get to pick the ending you want. There will be different endings so you can pick the S/O you want. The entire story will be the same for...