The Future of Tomorrow Brough...

Von 501stCOMMANDER-

In an alternate timeline sirens strike at some of the strongest warships ever created. USS Midway, USS Montan... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter 1: Displaced
Chapter 2: Direction
Chapter 3: Enter the Fray
Chapter 4: Meet and Greet
Chapter 5: Celebration
Chapter 6: Trip to Newport Part 1
Chapter 7: Trip to Newport Part 2
Chapter 8: Unexpected Accident
Informative Announcement
Chapter 10: Training Begins
Chapter 11: Battle of Guadalcanal
Chapter 12: U3008 Heads to the Frontline
Announcement

Chapter 9: Echo Fleet

355 7 2
Von 501stCOMMANDER-

Date: July 21st, 1943

Location: Newport Naval Base CA

Time: 10:07 am

A boy yawns as he opens his eyes to the sight of an over head light. He then takes in his surroundings as he sits up. He is in what appears to be a small medical room of a hospital or infirmary and is currently sitting up on a hospital bed. To his right on the wall a screen displays his vitals as well as some other information. He continues to study the screen until he comes across a section reading "Patient: (Subject HK-1) U-3008". As soon as he reads U-3008 a flood of images and memories flood his head. The boy recoils in pain and places his head in his hands.

He views as parts of a submarine hull are placed together and as many construction workers work tirelessly to build the latest ship designed to wreck havoc on enemy convoys. He then watches the U-boat put to sea after its construction was complete. The numbers 3008 painted onto the bow and conning tower of the U-boat. The Kreigsmarine flag flying proud in the wind as the submarine heads out on its first patrol. Soon he watches as the U-boat returns to port and is handed to the Americans after the surrender of Germany. Confused the boy continues to watch as the U-boat now waves an American flag as it serves in several exercises and tests. A few years flash through his mind until finally the boy watches the fate of U-3008. The submarine is sunk in one final exercise before being refloated and then sold for scrape.

As the images and memories stop overwhelming him, the boy looks up to see his reflection in a mirror hanging on the wall. Blue eyes stare back at him in the mirror. He then notices his short cut lightish red hair. In the mirrors reflection the he sees he's wearing a wet suit with an unbuttoned kriegsmarine U-boat commander's jacket draped over his shoulders. However where there should be german rankings and pins there are US navy rankings and pins. Only the iron cross that hangs from his neck remains. Looking over to the desk near the hospital bed the boy finds an officers cap that goes with his jacket.

"What am I?" The boy asks himself.

"You are now a male kansen, one of the first of your kind."

The boy turns to see a man in an officers uniform standing in the door way to his room.

"Good morning James, you look a lot different from when I last saw you."

"My name is James?" The boy asks aloud.

A medical assistant comes behind the officer.

"Sir the patients have suffered major memory lost. I doubt they'll remember much from their past lives."

"So basically they're like a blank slate?" The officer asks.

"Sort of, from what we've gathered, they should have memories relating to their ships history." The medical assistant replies.

"Well then, it's probably for the best if we call him by his new name."

The officer then turns back towards the boy.

"U-3008 I am Commander Evan Goodwill, commander of the Newport naval base. You are an Eagle Union submarine. Please follow me."

U-3008 climbs off the bed and puts on his officer's cap before following Evan. A group of scientists and soldiers also accompany them as they make their way to the dry dock piers. Upon arriving at the piers the group leads U-3008 to an empty slot.

"3008 please summon your ship into this dry dock." A scientist asks politely.

"How do I do that?" 3008 asks.

"Try to image that your placing your ship into the dock."

U-3008 does as the kind scientist suggests but for a few moments nothing happens. Then suddenly cubes appear and quickly begin to form into U-3008's U-boat. As soon as the ship lands in the dry dock large clamps emerge to secure the submarine.

"Now that that's done your team can begin to study his ship." Commander Evan tells the lead scientist.

Evan then turns to U-3008.

"Now then, lets get you to the briefing room. I'm sure you have many questions and there is much for you to learn."

A few minutes later U-3008 finds himself in a briefing room with a soldier and a scientist left to watch over him. He remains slummed in his seat until the door to the room opens. Four girls and two boys enter the room. The first girl has short white hair and blue eyes. She wears a unbuttoned naval officers jacket and on her head is an officers cap. Underneath the jacket the girl has on a buttoned shirt that reveals the top of her bosom. An orange tie goes around the collar of her jacket and rests on her chest. A grayish blue skirt comes halfway down her thighs. Lastly she wears black stockings that come up to just below her skirt and a black pair of military boots.

(The first girls outfit is very similar to the one in this picture)

The second girl has long black hair that is put up into a ponytail and she too has blue eyes. She wears a blue top piece that shows off her shoulders and is tied below her good sized chest. She also has on a short blue and light gray striped skirt that connects to her blue stockings. On her arms she wears light gray sleeves and hanging from her neck she wears an miniature anchor. Lastly she wears gray high heels.

(The second girl wears the same outfit as in this picture)

The third girl has green eyes and long gray hair. On her head she has a pair of fox ears and she has several fox tails. She wears an outfit very similar to Shinano's and Yamato's. But instead of either blue or red the girls outfit is dark gray with white on the inside.

The final girl has long black hair and brown eyes. She has a pair of dog ears on the top of her head. She has on a naval uniform similar to IJN Takao.

The first boy had dark brown hair and brown eyes. He wore a Japanese officer's uniform. The second boy also had brown eyes but had light brown hair. This boy wore a uniform similar to Commander Evan.

Commander Evan closes the door and heads towards the end of the table as everyone takes a seat.

"Thank you all for coming to this meeting. I'm sure you have many questions and I'm more than willing to answer them. However, to start things off, you all are human forms of warships which are know as kansen. As for you three." Evan looks to the three shipboys. "You three are the first shipboys ever created. All other kansen are shipgirls. Now for introductions."

Evan then gestures for U-3008 to stand up.

"This is USS U-3008. According to his cube information he's a former Iron Blood U-boat that was given to the Eagle Union after ww2. You may sit down. Next."

The second boy stands up.

"This is IJN Nisshin. He's a light cruiser that's been converted into seaplane tender. Next."

Nisshin takes a seat as the last boy stands.

"This is USS Jason. Jason is a heavy repair ship, next."

Evan then gestures for the first shipgirl to stand.

"This is USS Midway. She is a large aircraft carrier that can hold up to 137 planes. Please have a seat, next up."

The second girl then gets up from her chair.

"This is USS Montana. Montana boasts more firepower power than an Iowa but at the cost of speed. Montana you may have a seat."

The third girl then stands up.

"This is IJN Shikishima. Shikishima is similar to the Yamato class but has six 510mm guns instead of nine 460mm guns."

Finally the last girl stands.

"Last but not least is IJN Yoshino. Yoshino is an Azuma class large cruiser. You may be seated."

Once Yoshino sat down Commander Evan continues. "Kansen were created to combat the mysterious entities know as the Sirens. Sirens first entered our world back during the Great War. They took possession of the seas and cut off our trading routes. With time we were able to find ways to reestablish our trading routes and some of our sea ways. However they remain heavily contested. Most Sirens fall into two categories. Mass produced and Elites. Mass produced Siren warships can be combated with traditional warships. However traditional warships are no match against Siren elites. Any questions so far?"

All the kansen shook their heads so Evans continues.

"A world alliance was created to combat the Sirens. This alliance is know as Azur Lane. However over time differences in ideals formed a wedge in the alliance. Azur Lane bands members from using Siren equipment or technology. Some broke away from Azur Lane and formed the Crimson Axis. A shaky peace has been maintained between Azur Lane and the Crimson Axis with only minor skirmishes happening. However about a month ago Sakura Empire on behalf of the Crimson Axis attacked Pearl Harbor and declared war on Azur Lane. Any questions?"

Once again the kansen shook their heads.

"You seven are the newest warships in the Azur Lane navy. What I'm about to tell you is highly classified. All seven of you are not from this world or timeline. Based on the information of your former crews you come from a timeline that's a few years ahead of us."

"Quick question, what happened to our crews?" Midway asked.

"Your crews have been resigned to work here at this base. As for your captains... well, they are no longer who they once were."

"What do you mean?" IJN Shikishima asks.

"They are sitting across from you. Somehow because of an accident during your personification your captains had wisdom cubes fuse to them. This resulted in them being transformed into kansen. However we noticed that your former captains don't remember anything prior to their transformation. According to previous studies it's impossible for humans to become kansen, so this strange event has everyone who knows about it stumped."

The boys were surprised to hear that they were former humans and the girls were shocked to learn what became of their captains.

Evans then continues. "Anyways since your warships are either advanced or foreign to our technology our scientists will need a week to study your ships to form blueprints. I've requested a few kansen to arrive here to help train you. The plan is to have you seven ready for deployment in a month's time. You might not have realized it yet but you seven have become very important assets in this war."

Meanwhile in the the Pacific...

Time: 11:35 am

"Damnit, 24 hrs late" Enterprise says as her reinforcement fleet meets up with the Lexington sisters fleet. Lexington's carrier was listing to the starboard side and smoke rose out of a large hole in her flight deck. Saratoga's ship wasn't much better. She too had been hit by a 1000lb bomb that rendered her flight deck inoperable to use.

The fifth carrier division attacked the Lexington's sisters fleet soon after they had rearmed from the supply fleet. The battle was chaotic. Planes once again dueled for control of the sky above the Coral Sea. Ultimately Eagle Union managed to bunt Sakura's second attempt at taking Port Moresby. Shoukaku lost all her planes and Zuikaku was severely damaged. Once the fifth carrier division fell back the second invasion force turned around not wanting to continue without air support.

Soon the reinforcements fleet and Lexington's battered fleet slowly begins to head back to Peal Harbor. Unknown to them is a that a nearby enemy watches them through her periscope as they depart. As soon as Eagle Union ships are a safe distance away she surfaces and raises her long range radio antenna. She has long lightish red hair and wears a uniform similar to U-3008. However unlike U-3008 who is now a humble Eagle Union submarine she is a proud Iron Blood U-boat. Her rigging resembles a mix between a shark and a motor bike. She is one of four of the newest Iron Blood U-boat kansen. The Type XXI class.

She had been deployed to the pacific about a month ago when the war kicked off and is now waiting for the newly formed Iron Blood pacific fleet to arrive.

"This is U-2511 reporting in. The Eagle Union fleet appears to be leaving the Coral Sea. You should be able to link up with the Sakura Empire unnoticed."

"Thanks for the update U-2511. Make sure to stay out of sight. Azur Lane doesn't need to know of your classes existence yet." An certain Iron Blood Destroyer replies.

"Understood, U-2511 over and out."

With that the proud Iron blood U-boat lowers her long range radio antenna and submerges beneath the clam waves of the Coral Sea.

Date: July 28, 1943

Location: Newport Naval Base, California

Time: 9:00 am

Another week passes by. Scientists have been studying the recently acquired ships like a child who just received a new toy. With the help of a few engineers the scientists were able to make blueprints for all of the equipment that couldn't be removed from the ships. However things like torpedos, planes, and ammunition would require a sample to be donated so they could be studied later. As the scientists soon vacated the warships the new kansen could begin their combat training. Commander Evan  had requested than Essex, Georgia, Albacore, and finally Vestal to come help with the training. Evan also requested for Alaska since she was also a large cruiser help train Yoshino. Unfortunately due to circumstances USS Alaska was deployed on a secret mission in the North Pacific and could not be called back.

As a back up plan Commander Evan contacted a old friend in the Northen Parliament to see if Kronshtadt could come in Alaska's place. Fortunately Kronshtadt was already in the North Pacific. However the Northern Parliament's high command was reluctant to send one of their best warships. After Evan contacted them through a video call and revealed the new warships did the NP high command approve sending Kronshtadt. The Northern Parliament high command however had one condition. That blueprints of U-3008's ship and of U-3008's technology be sent to them after the initial blueprints were completed. Reluctantly Commander Evan agreed to the arrangement. Evan thought it was strange that the Northern Parliament was interested in U-3008. Perhaps they just wanted to make a submarine force and thought what better way to achieve that, than to study an EX Iron Blood U-boat he reasoned to himself.

Georgia follows the coast after passing through the Panama Canal until she reaches the Newport wall. Once she passes through a gate she spots Vestal talking with who she assumes is an Northern Parliament girl.

"Hello Vestal, who's this?" Georgia asks as she reaches them.

Vestal turns to greet Georgia. "Hello Georgia, this is Kronshtadt."

Suddenly a submarine kansen surfaces next to the group.

"Anyone know why we were brought here? And who's the northern parliament warship?" The submarine asks.

"Albacore was it? I'm Kronshtadt, we were brought here to train a group a new warships. Or at least that what my superiors told me."

"Interesting... if I had to guess, one is a sub, another is a battleship, another a large cruiser, and finally one is a repair ship." Georgia comments.

Just then F6F Hellcat crashes into the harbor nearby the group. Thrown from the plane a young woman lands in the water. The group heads to the woman as she gets up. As they near they her hear mumble.

"Dang Enterprise makes it look easy."

"Hello Essex, still trying to learn how to fly on your planes?" Vestal asks.

Essex turns around and immediately feel embarrassed before responding. "I've got the hang of balancing while flying but I still need to work on my landings. Anyways where are the new ships?"

"They should be inside." Vestal responds.

The group then head over to the elevators and summon their ships. A few minutes later after their ships have been docked they head over to far side of the underground port. As they near where the new warships are docked they immediately notice the massive aircraft carrier. Essex's mouth drops as she stares at the large carrier.

"That's the biggest aircraft carrier I've even seen." Vestal comments.

The group continues around the carrier until they are on the pier between the new warships. From here they have a good view of all seven of the warships. Georgia immediately is drawn to the massive Iowa looking battleship. However from the angle she views the ship she cannot see the fourth turret.

"Huh, guess they got a new Iowa."

Meanwhile Albacore spots an Iron Blood U-boat.

"Why is their an Iron Blood submarine here?" She asks aloud.

The kansens turn their attention to the submarine and then notice the three Sakuran looking warships.

"How on earth did they get a Yamato class battleship!" Essex exclaims.

"It appears they also have an Azuma class large cruiser here too." Kronshtadt observes.

"Indeed, we have recently acquired a Midway class aircraft aircraft carrier, a Montana class battleship, a Vulcan class repair ship, a type XXI U-boat, a Super Yamato class battleship, an Azuma class large cruiser, and a sea plane tender. I'm glad all of you could make it. I'll explain some of the details as we head to the briefing room." Commander Evan says as he greets the kansen.

The girls then walk with follow Evans as he continues.

"These ships are from another timeline. However we would have naturally developed these ships in our timeline if they didn't arrive so their arrival hasn't really changed anything other than that they are here early. Originally only four ships arrived, however after an accident during the initial ships's personification we acquired three more."

"How did that happen?" Georgia asks.

"Well, when the E-cube generators blew up they sent cubes flying everywhere. Three of the four ship captains were struck by a cube. For unknown reasons the cubes attached themselves to the captains before being absorbed into their bodies. This resulted in the captains turning into kansen after three days."

This shocked all the girls. They knew it should be impossible for humans to become kansen.

"WHAT? That shouldn't be possible!" Albacore yells.

"My scientists still don't know why this happened. Any other person either would have died from the wounds or the cube could've been extracted easily."

"Assuming these captains were men. Did they change into girls?" Kronshtadt asks.

"Surprisingly, they stayed male, making them the first male kansen."

"What?!" Essex exclaims.

"Which ships are they?" Vestal asks.

"Your about to find out." Evan answers as he opens a door to a meeting room a gestures for them to enter.

Inside the room the seven new kansen were seated on one side of a table. Most were busy using their new phones while U-3008 was resting his head in his arms on the table. The girls quickly took a seat on the opposite side of the table as Evan made his way to the end of the table.

"Now that everyone is here... somebody wake U-3008 up please."

"I got this" Albacore says as she pulls out her phone and find a recording of an active sonar.

She then turns up the volume and begins to play the recording. The loud distorted ping echos through the room twice before U-3008 shoots up in this seat and announces.

"Commencing emergency dive!... wait."

Everyone bursts into laughter as U-3008 realizes he is in no danger. Even Commander Evan chuckled a little bit.

"Nothing like a sudden loud burst of active sonar to make a submarine shit their pants." Albacore says.

"Anyways" Evan continues. "Starting with the boys and from the left is U-3008. U-3008 is a Type XXI U-boat that the Eagle Union acquired after ww2. Next is IJN Nisshin. Nisshin is a Sea Plane Tender that also has light cruiser weaponry. Next is USS Jason AR-8. Jason is a Vulcan class Heavy Repair Ship what weighs 16,000 tons and has four 127mm guns. Now for the rest. Starting with USS Montana BB-67. Montana is the based on the Iowas but trades a little bit of speed for extra protection and firepower. Next up is USS Midway CV-41. Midway is a large carrier that can carry up to 137 aircraft and is armed with eighteen dual purpose Mark 16 127mm guns. Next is IJN Shikishima. Shikishima is a Super Yamato class battleship armed with six 510mm guns instead of nine 460mm guns. And last but not least is IJN Yoshino. Yoshino is a Azuma class large cruiser. Any questions so far?"

All of the Kansen shake their heads. So Evan continues.

"Echo Fleet these will be your instructors that will help train you. Starting from the right is USS Albacore. Next to her is USS Vestal. Next is SN Kronshtadt. Next up is USS Essex. And finally we have USS Georgia. Echo Fleet, your training will last for three weeks. I requested for double the time but High Command wants you in the fight as soon as possible. Now take today to get to know each other and get some good rest. Tomorrow training begins at O eight hundred (8:00 am). Dismissed."

Word Count: 3636

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

4K 114 14
Have you guys ever imagine, the person you fought or meet before and you know about it meet with you again in another world ? That sounds odd but in...
9.3K 307 41
Hi all I'll for this story I'll be using the unfinished hakuryuu in this story. For some background. This class was suppose to be the successor of th...
37.9K 382 41
(this is my third series of Azur Lane Fanfiction and Note: I am just doing it for fun as a hobby, so It was I learn and you learn scenario.) The ba...
9.2K 211 16
A war between factions, old sea monsters from long forgotten tales and a person who couldn't care less. what happens when a new variable is inexpecte...