Since I've Been Given Another...

By howtragicnowhelpme

They say you should always be careful about what you wish for. What complete and utter fucking ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... More

o. โ”ƒprevious
i. โ”ƒsleepyhead
ii. โ”ƒunaccountable
iii. โ”ƒcalm
iv. โ”ƒvisible
v.โ”ƒlopsided
vi.โ”ƒunlikely
vii.โ”ƒcloudy
viii.โ”ƒdrawer
ix.โ”ƒprocedure
x.โ”ƒapplication
xi.โ”ƒefficiency
xii.โ”ƒmedia
xiii.โ”ƒpossession
xiv.โ”ƒskill
xv.โ”ƒphilosophy
xvi. | expression
xvii. | subversion
xviii. | permission
xix. | finding
xx. | indication
xxi. | significance
xxii. | direction
xxiii. | reception
xxiv. | environment
xxv. | analyst
xxvi. | wishing
xxvii. | assistance
xxviii. | dealer
xxix. | response
xxxi. | priority
xxxii. | menu
xxxiii. | economics
xxxiv. | comparison
xxxv. | agreement
xxxvi. | weakness
xxxvii. | disaster
xxxviii. | payment
xxxix. | administration
xl. | artisan
xli. | scene
xlii. | affair
xliii. | outcome

xxx. | system

484 46 19
By howtragicnowhelpme

"Start!"

Everything went by in a blur as the different teams began to rush at one another, creating a mess of chaos across the arena. Y/N yelped as she found herself gripping on the shaggy black-haired student once again, closing her eyes as the wind beat against her face. Her body was trembling with each step they took, the female wondering how the other students made it look so easy in the show. Experiencing it for herself, the three below her did their best to keep her stable but with just how close they were, it was incredibly uncomfortable.

"Sorry, Soma-san!" the male called out. She could hear the sound of drilling from the front accompanied by the pattering of feet across the ground. "You'll have to bare with it for now until we get out of everyone's way!"

"Keep your eyes in front of yourself, Kaibara! We can't afford to lose our position!" Monoma grunted out, shoving his shoulder up in order to match Shinso. Yelling carried throughout the air, surrounding her senses. "The moment we stop paying attention to what is happening around us is the moment the others will strike. Right now, while everyone is distracted, we need to make our move."

"We need to get to the side of the arena soon. If we can get away from the center, then we can avoid everyone else," Shinso ordered swiftly. "But with the way things are right now, there's no way we'll be able to gain any more points unless we steal someone's headband and this is our best chance. Why are your classmates so persistent in attacking us when we aren't even in their way?"

"Clearly you need to have your eyes checked if you missed the glaring red flag we're carrying. That group, get closer to them while they're not paying attention." An exasperated yell came from her side, the sound of something clashing. "Soma! Would you open your eyes already? Or do you plan on dodging everyone like a blind man?"

"It's your guy's fault for placing us so close to Midoriya!" she shot back. With tried effort, she managed to pry her e/c eyes open with a gasp, keeping her hands solely around the student in front of her. It seemed that most of the stampede had directed themselves toward the green-haired boy. The air turned as the sound of something turned on, pulling the girl's attention away from her teammates to the group of huddled students. Midoriya came flying through the sky with his team, piercing the air with a jetpack. As Jiro tried to attack them with her ear jacks, she was quickly stopped by Dark Shadow who had taken form from below.

In their distractedness, the strange combination of class B and general studies neared the invisible girl. The h/c haired girl cringed as she steadied herself, releasing one hand.  "Forgive me for this Hagakure-san!" she half-shouted as they came closer. The group moved in silently from behind and Y/N whipped her hand out, fingers just barely tracing against the white headband. She securely gripped it within her fingers, giving a breath of relief when it came off as the three boys retreated after ensuring she had taken the headband. Sato only realized a few seconds too late that it had gone missing, his shout of panic coming through loudly.

Monoma smiled nonchalantly. "Profiting while others fight," he announced while the female placed the headband around her neck. "Good work, Soma. Now, let's get out of here before they start noticing us. We need to focus on defending our rider."

"They're moving in the other direction," Shinso noted. "We should probably keep our distance if we don't want the other groups to attack us like before. Now that we have another headband, we should be good until we find another group."

"Now then-" Mic's voice boomed from above, causing the e/c eyed girl to turn her head toward the screen momentarily. "-Even though barely two minutes have passed since we've started, it's already turned into a free-for-all!" The sound of a desk banging came forth. "Fights over the headbands breaking out all over! Ignoring the ten million points and going for second to fourth places isn't bad, either!"

"Aiming for first place is obviously out of the picture," the girl huffed out with a frown, but kept her complaints to herself. As the other students focused on attacking Midoriya, the three males below her had begun running in the opposite direction of everything. True to their words, they decided to settle on keeping their distance, for now, having already gained a fair amount of points now that they had stolen Hagakure's headband. That had given them a boost of 390 points, meaning they had managed to safely secure without losing their own headband, a solid 790 points. "How are you all feeling right now?"

"Could be better," Shinso grunted as he ran along with the other two. "I didn't expect something like this during the sports festival. It isn't a death match like you were talking about earlier but it certainly feels like one."

"All the games are chosen for entertainment. Something as outrageous as this is certainly going to capture the public's eye," Monoma chimed in. "You'd do your best to push through. Fifteen minutes may not seem like a long amount of time but it does build up. Everyone is wasting their energy right now by going for the ten million. If we wait long enough, we could easily use it to make our own move. We've certainly gained a lot of points but we'll need to gain more if we want to ensure our place. Soma may have a lot of points from the race but so do some of the other students. If they add their points up just right, they could ensure their own victory without needing to ever fight anyone."

"Just thinking about that makes my head hurt," the vice representative groaned out. She had gotten used to their movements by now, finding herself being able to sit straight up without needing their help to support her upper body at the moment. "Well, it certainly isn't a bad strategy. But we should watch out for Bakugo-san and Todoroki-san. They've managed to form quite the formidable teams for themselves. We might stand a chance against the other teams but when it comes down to things, we're seriously lacking in any sort of manpower."

"Bakugo, huh," Monoma mouthed. His gaze moved to the side, looking over at the explosive male who had yet to gain any headbands, simply focusing his endeavor on bringing Midoriya down as fast as he could. Y/N blinked from overhead, turning her head down to look at the male as the gears worked around his head, strangely blank despite all his grandiose nature. "I wonder..."

"Ah! Get back over here with our points!"

Kaibara activated his quirk and deflected Jiro's ear jacks, the female gritting her teeth and she retracted them. Hagakure appeared to be flailing her arms quite recklessly from above Sato and Koda, the group charging at the thieves at full force. Using his quirk to defend another attack from the incoming quirk, the black-haired male standing his ground. Y/N did her best to remain upright but found herself clinging to him once more, the jumping around causing her to lose her balance.

"It seems we've made quite the enemy, haven't we?" Monoma exclaimed eagerly, eyes filled with a certain glint of amusement. His hands twitched at his sides as he watched grow closer, itching to start a fight more than likely. "There's no way we'll lose them at this rate. Even if we were to run, we don't have enough strength to fend them off if another group comes at us. We need to get rid of them and fast."

"Shinso," the h/c haired girl called from above, her gaze narrowing in consideration. "I know your quirk doesn't work well if your attention is divided, but if Monoma-san were to copy your quirk, do you think we could possibly direct them in another direction? Just long enough for us to get away?" She shook her head as she clung tighter to the front, avoiding an attack. "Even two of them should be good enough. We just have to provoke them into answering you."

"If it's provoking you want, you got it. You'll have to give me an opening," the male answered quickly, following the directed look the girl had gained. "But if it's for a few seconds, I should be able to pull it off."

"What a shame. Though I suppose engaging class A like this isn't so bad either." The blond sighed but followed along, giving Shinso a single pat with his hand. He grinned broadly as Kaibara activated his quirk once more, ready to defend them. "We'll need to get at least two on the bottom to respond to us, it'll cause enough of a disturbance for us to get away. We could aim for the rider but it's more likely they'll be able to come after us still."

"Aim for Sato-san and Jiro-san. Koda-san will probably not respond to you guys, even if you provoke him," Y/N made mentioned. "Here they come!"

Her body jerked as the team took a step back, narrowly avoiding Sato as he tried to punch toward them. Jiro used the distraction to push her quirk forward again, aiming for the headbands. Using her arms, the female on top shoved her body as low as she possibly could, the jacks narrowly missing her head and flying over. In turn, the three on the bottom created some more distance between all of them, using Jiro's recovery to make their move.

A steady rhythm was created between the two groups, with Sato and Jiro pushing the other team back with their repeated attacks. Sato would throw a punch toward the horses while Jiro kept her focus directed toward gaining their headband back. Hagakure, while she did her best to help, couldn't do much with the distance that had been created, only able to grasp the air in front of the general studies student a few times which were easily avoidable. Koda had prioritized most of his efforts in supporting the back of their unit, not using his quirk.

As another punch came their way, Kaibara was able to block it this time, syncing it in time with his quirk. The sugar hero let out a frustrated yell as he pushed against the drill, unable to make a dent in the quirk. He steadied himself as he fell back, now appearing to be angry. "You really think we'll give these up so easily?" Shinso chided lazily, gazing at the other team and gaining their attention. "It's your fault for not paying attention in the first place. You can try all you want but throwing punches isn't going to do much."

"Why you-" Sato had begun to yell out, readying another attack, but froze midsentence, nearly sending the entire group toppling over onto the ground. Jiro looked in alarm at the male as she felt him stop and nearly send their rider to the ground, turning her head back just as quickly. The invisible girl had let out a cry in shock as she felt herself go flying into Jiro's back, using her hands to keep herself upright.

"What did you do to him?" Hakakure let out angrily, smokes of air coming out of her.

"Honestly, you should have all paid more attention. If you did, you probably wouldn't have been in this position in the first place," Monoma continued in a similar fashion, the air of arrogance getting on what seemed to be the last of the girl's nerves. "But I can't say I was expecting much from class A, to begin with. Your little earphones can hardly do any actual damage against us."

"That's just a low blow," Y/N said lowly as the girl surprisingly took the bait, attempting to attack them once again but stopping midsentence, causing Hagakure to cry out even more in distress. "My apologies, Hagakure-san, I'll make it up to you later."

"What in the world is happening?! It's like they've been completely frozen or something! Jiro? Sato? Can you guys hear me?" her voice cried out in alarm and Shinso and Monoma both forced the two students to start going in the other direction. Jiro and Sato followed with no option. With little to almost no option, Koda was forced to follow suit lest he cause their rider to fall on the ground and cause them to be disqualified. "Once we figure out how to break whatever you did to Jiro and Sato, we'll be back!"

"Looks like your plan worked," Kaibara said, a much more calmer tone compared to the other two behind him.

"We should start going before they actually do come back," Shinso mentioned. The team followed along as the black-haired student began moving in the opposite direction and away from the chaotic screaming of Hagakure, pressing them closer to the edge of the arena. He gave a glance up at the girl, appearing a bit apologetic for what had happened before. "But at least we don't have to worry about them for a while."

"It seems like we're just a hundred points in front of Kendo-san," the girl reported from above as her eyes looked over at one of the screens hanging above the stadium. Mic had begun announcing the current placements, almost as if he couldn't believe what he was currently seeing. "I can't believe it's been seven minutes already, it feels like we've hardly done anything at all. We're currently in third place right now but if we want to make it into the final round, we're going to need to take another headband. As much as I regret to say it, we're going to need to engage another team soon."

Somehow, they had managed to pull in front of Todoroki and Bakugo of all people, their current standing landing them in between the two other class B teams that had managed to steal some points. With Tetsutetsu in second and Kendo in fourth, it seemed they were secure for now. But seeing as there were still some other teams with points, they were going to have to strategize a little more to keep their position. "Ah!"

Not paying attention to their surroundings, the female ducked as an explosion went off near her head followed by a shout for her to die. She kept her hands securely wrapped around her upper body as her teammates were forced to jump back and away from the opposing Bakugo who had just launched an attack on them. "What in the world?" she shouted, appalled at the current situation.

"It seems like the rabid dog is attacking anyone who gets too close to him," Monoma hummed out, not even remotely affected by the sudden burst of anger. Y/N grimaced as she forced herself to look up, only to regret it soon after as she was met with the raging pomeranian glaring directly at her. "Class A is too simple-minded when it comes down to things."

"Oi, oi, quit provoking people. I'm seriously going to die here," the girl rushed out, looking even more apalled than before. "I said we need to get another headband, not engage the person with a resident anger management problem."

"What'd you say, bastard?" Bakugo shouted, his hand already preparing to use his quirk. "Come back over here! I'll kill you!"

"Did I say that out loud?"

"You need to watch what you say sometimes," Shinso commented from below, frowning.

"You're acting as if she said something wrong," Monoma shot back in a strangely undisturbed manner, standing his ground. The female watched in horror as the events in front of her unfolded before her very eyes, ready to interject. But it seemed the blond was faster, moving his shoulder and causing her to teal over with a yelp. Shinso was quick to catch her before she could fall any further, pushing her as far as he could upright and straight into Kaibara. "You act all tough but you didn't even recognize what was happening around you. Since Midnight said it was the first game, it wouldn't make sense for them to cut a ton of people in the qualifier, right? Assuming they'd keep about forty people for the next stage, we just made sure we stayed within the number as we ran, observing from the back the quirks and personalities of those who would be our rivals. There's no point in being obsessive over winning in the prelims, right?"

"You did this as a class?" Bakugo replied, lowering his hand.

"Monoma-kun, stop it already," Y/N hissed out with a glare. He grinned.

"Well, it wasn't a consensus, but it was a good idea, right? It's better than going after a temporary 'top' like a horse with a carrot waving in front of its face. Oh, while I'm at it, you're famous, aren't you? As a victim of the-"

"Ah, my body slipped." Y/N gave a deadpanned expression as she chopped the back of the male's head as hard as she possibly could, cutting him off mid-sentence. She glanced down at him, her face completely devoid of any emotion. "Monoma-kun, aren't you forgetting who exactly the leader of this group is right now? Or do I need to beat it into you?" She lowered her head, glaring daggers at his head. "Would you stop trying to pick a fight with him? Your classmates are about to attack us if we don't get out of here soon!"

"She's right. Monoma, don't provoke him!" Kaibara called out, turning his head around. "You'll be the same as him."

"Was Masami-chan always that violent?" Ashido commented with a strange look, watching as the h/c haired girl beat her own teammate with no mercy. "She looks almost as scary as Bakugo-kun does sometimes."

"What the hell does that mean?" the blond yelled out, his head spinning toward the alien girl. Using the distraction, Kaibara was quick to direct their team in the other direction without a second to lose. "Hah? Hurry up and go after them!" The protests of Kirishima and Sero came flying through as a menacing aura surrounded them. "Before we get Deku, let's kill all these guys!"

"We're doomed!" Y/N moaned out as an explosion went off from behind, shoving her face into her hands. "And it's all Monoma-kun's fault! This is even worse than almost dying to a villain twice!"

"Just keep running!" Kaibara retorted back. "We still have enough points to make it to the next round! As long as we stay away from Bakugo-san, we still have a chance!"

"What is your problem?" Shinso glared at Monoma harshly. "We could have just ignored him. Now, he's trying to attack us."

"He would have attacked us regardless of what I said," the blond let out, casting a look back. "He may be hot-headed but he didn't get first place in the entrance exam for nothing. Why do you think he suddenly attacked Soma out of the blue despite us never once trying to attack him? As I said before, we're carrying a red flag on us right now. Even someone like Bakugo who's been obsessed with getting the ten million point bandana so far isn't going to ignore something like that. He knows he can't keep focusing his efforts on one person so he decided to target the next easiest target. And who better than the team with a quirkless girl as the rider."

"That-" the girl began but found herself unable to continue, realizing there was some merit to his argument. "Regardless, did you have to go and say those things?"

"Aha, forgive me. I couldn't help myself. I noticed that the cameras had moved over to us and thought it would be a good way of keeping them on us."

"That's what you're concerned with?" Shinso let out with a growl.

"We have less than six minutes left!" Y/N called out. The sound of several students' yells combined filled the air following a cackling, causing the girl to turn her head as she saw yellow electricity move around the area. She winced, watching as several students were affected by Kaminari's quirk all at once. In a matter of seconds, the ground was quickly coated by ice, leaving them unable to do anything as Todoroki took their headbands. "Even though there are only a few minutes left, the placements are still changing so fast!"

"Incoming!" Kaibara shouted, moments before Bakugo came flying from behind. Y/N let out a small shriek as she moved her body to the side, the smell of nitroglycerin floating by her head along with Bakugo's hand. The male's eyes widened in shock appearing to have not expected her to be able to dodge him.

"Monoma!" she cried out from above. As Bakugo turned his body, the other blond had managed to brush against the other's hair before a large explosion broke out before them, acting as a wall between them as the student from class A.

"What a nice quirk," Monoma let out airily, laughing a bit. Kaibara moved their team to the side so the copycat could get a good position on Kirishima, quickly alternating to the other quirk while Bakugo came flying forward. Y/N found herself being pushed down closer to the side as Monoma wrapped his arm around her head, the blunt of the explosion being taken by him.

"Really, such nice quirks. Mine's better, though." Ashido, Sero, and Kirishima all seemed stunned as the air settled around them, revealing the h/c haired girl still holding onto her headbands with her dear life. Slowly did he let go of her head, allowing her to shuffle over to Kaibara in comfort, shaking from the last attack and gasping for air. She knew Bakugo was strong but the force of his attack just then, he had almost taken off her head. Her ears were practically ringing from the loud noise, imagine if Monoma hadn't been there to guard her. She didn't want to think about how badly that could have turned out. Shinso seemed just about as shocked as she had been, having not expected the other to go all out for something as simple as the cavalry battle.

"Wha- Mine?" Kirishima gawked as Kaibara pushed their team a few steps back, creating some distance from the others. "The same again-"

"No."

Kirishima stopped as Bakugo laid a hand on his shoulder, glaring at the other team. "This guy copied them."

"Dammit," Shinso let out. "How did he even figure it out so fast?"

Bakugo almost looked cautious as he considered the group, his eyes passing amongst the bottom three before landing on their rider with a hint of suspicion. But whatever conclusion he had come down was quickly shot down. During their little stare-down match, a goop of white came flying forth, blocking their line of sight and catching Bakugo off guard. H/c hair went flying back at the impact, her head darting to the side to see a trio of students from class B. Monoma turned his head, smiling rather pleasant amidst their current predicament. "Bondo!" he called out. "Picking a fight, huh?"

"Let's get going already!" the shaggy black-haired boy shouted out, noticing how close Bondo and Kodai were coming in their direction. Bakugo shouted at his own teammates to follow them but by then, they had already begun sprinting in the other direction and away from danger once again.

"It doesn't seem like they're going to be giving up anytime soon," Y/N frowned out as she threw her head back, watching the trio follow them from what looked to be a safe distance for now. "There are only a few more minutes left so if we can hold out, for now, we just might make it through." A stare went down at the blond. "And this time, Monoma-san keeps his mouth shut."

"Don't worry, Soma. He'll probably go back to attacking Midoriya sooner or later once he realizes that the round is almost over," the mentioned blond laughed out. "And it's much more exciting when things are like this."

"Well, I suppose since we didn't take any of his points, we'll be fine," she relented, placing a hand under her chin. "Still, you need to calm down with the insults. At least Kaibara-san here isn't trying to make an enemy of everyone he sees."

"And you think I'm worse than you how?" Shinso joined in with a quirked brow. "I guess it doesn't really matter now."

"Hey! Stop!"

"Oh my god, he's still chasing us." Y/N watched with dead eyes as Bakugo came rushing forward with his team, still glaring at them. It seemed that Bakugo was not in fact going to chase after Deku like they had thought he was going to and instead, had decided to catapult himself straight at the quirkless girl's face. She managed to just lower her face a bit before she felt a tug at her head. Her hands quickly shot to her head and neck and grasped as hard as she could at the two bandanas, feeling a breath of relief come through as the tugging stopped and Bakugo went flying back. Present Mic, who had caught wind of their little fight, was currently shouting into his microphone with added anticipation.

"He couldn't take any points and goes flying back! It seems like Bakugo isn't willing to give up this fight just yet!" the hero yelled out as Sero used his tape to bring the hero student back to their team. "It's the passion of youth!"

"Take a left!"

Y/N's body rocked as they sprinted, narrowly missing an attack from a student. It seemed that class B had joined in the fight as well, now beginning to join their efforts to target the group Monoma was currently in. "Don't let go of those points, no matter what," he let out, his brows furrowing as sweat came down his face. "I was sure he would stop attacking up since he was obsessed with getting the ten million points but it seems he's pettier than he lets on."

"There's still a minute left but at this rate, we're not going to make it," the female grimaced. She gripped onto the two headbands tighter, shaking her head. No matter what, Shinso had to make it into the third round. This was one of his only chances to show off to everyone he could be a hero and she wasn't going to mess it up for him. Even if it came to bite her in the ass later, she needed to ensure their victory no matter what happened.

"He's going to use Sero-san and Ashido-san's quirks in a few seconds!" Kaibara had given her a look of confusion along with Shinso but she continued, pushing forward. "He's going to try and project himself forward in order to take our points. On my mark, I need you all to throw us to the side as hard as you can."

"Isn't that risky?" Shinso questioned, casting a glance back. Y/N shook her head.

"There's no time for anything else, it's either we let Bakugo-san win or we give it a last-ditch effort. This is our only chance. If we can avoid this attack, we might be able to throw Bakugo-san off our trail for good! Now! Get ready!"

As expected, the blond had begun whacking his teammates in the head in an attempt at getting them to listen to his orders. The female sucked in her breath as she waited with a pounding heart for the exact moment she was waiting for to happen. If Bakugo was so intent on following the same method as he had in the show, then there was no doubt in her mind he was going to try and pull the same stunt in a last-ditch effort to get their points.

Her heart only pounded louder as Sero's quirk shot past them.

With bated breath, she listened as Ashido corrected Bakugo on her name and the sound of acid spilled onto the ground. The sound of cracking followed soon after, time seeming to slow down within that very instant. As Bakugo propelled himself forward, using Sero's tape to drag him closer to their team and Ashido's quirk to slide them across the ground, her mouth opened.

"Now!"

Everything seemed to move in a blur as their team went toppling over the side. Y/N shut her eyes tightly as she gripped onto her headbands for dear life, the loud cracking of an explosion going right off beside the location her head had just been in seconds ago. Shouting crowded her ears as she felt herself come flying back down, her body slamming into someone else. Arms gripped her torso and her legs had connected with someone's shoulders, the female barely able to register what was happening. Her hands clenched harder onto the two white bands as a cheer erupted from the crowd and her body was hastily thrown over someone's shoulder, dragging her away. Smoke surrounded the area, leaving behind the sounds of angry yelling.

"We got you. You're good now," Shinso muttered next to her head. She refused to open her eyes, instead keeping her hands securely on the two bands as the three students carried her away from the other group. "You did great, alright. Just calm down a little, okay? The round is almost over."

"Bakugo is merciless!" Present Mic yelled out. "But it seems like Soma and her team are even more tactful! They managed to avoid an attack like that seconds before it hit, safely leaving them in second place! Now, there are only two seconds left!"

She didn't care enough to look as she heard Present Mic still yelling the final seconds of the battle, the familiar sounds of explosions coming forth once again but further from where they were. It seemed despite all his efforts to get their points, Bakugo had finally realized their loss as he toppled over onto the ground as Mic announced that the second round was officially finished. Y/N could feel her body sag in relief, earning a grunt in protest from Monoma but simply ignored him, shakily releasing her grip on the white bands that still hung around her. Her feet finally met the ground, but Shinso kept a grip on her arm, supporting her from the side with a frown.

"Bakugo!" Kirishima yelled out. Slowly opening her eyes, the female watched as the trio of hero students neared their rider who was currently laying face flat on the ground, beating his fist into the ground accompanied by some muffled grumbling.

"It seems that even class A can't even win against someone from general studies," Monoma grinned, his breath somewhat shaky as he laughed. The events of what had happened seemed to have finally caught up with him, the boy practically heaving in between each sentence. He turned his head with a shake before giving another laugh. "There really is no winning against you, is there?"

"I can't believe that even worked. You're all amazing, let me buy you all lunch sometime," the girl let out airily, continuing to watch Bakugo and his teammates. "Somehow, I feel kind of bad for them."

"Don't be. They deserved it for attacking us first," Shinso chimed in with a hum. Her eyes closed automatically when he placed his hand on top of her head, giving her a short pat. "Just focus on getting your energy back."

"Now!" Present Mic rolled his fingers around into finger guns, grinning proudly. "Let's take a look at the top four teams right away! In first place, Team Todoroki!"

The screen panned over to the four students surrounded by ice. Denki stood nearby the two with both of his thumbs pressed up, his brain having been friend by his quirk. Momo looked down with crossed arms, a troubled expression passing through her. "Even though we won, it felt like we were skating on thin ice," she said.

"Sorry." Iida's fist clenched, his glasses turning white as he let out an apology. "I caused everyone trouble..."

The black-haired girl's hand moved in front of herself in a comforting manner. "That's not true," she reassured. "Without you, we would not have won.

"In second place-" Present Mic continued, the camera panning over. "Team Soma! Somehow they managed to keep second place for half the round!"

"Hey- Don't fall over now," Shinso called out as the female tilted backward, the boy just catching her within his arm. He shook her slightly as she closed her eyes, a short ding rining out in the distance. "Give me a hand here, she's seriously out of it right now."

"Aha!" Monoma had developed a maniacal face as he laughed loudly, Kaibara sweatdropping from the side. "It seems like class A really isn't as good as they seem! To think the student who proudly claimed he was going to be number one would lose to us of all people! Isn't that kind of strange?" As soon as he had heard Shinso, he turned on his foot quickly, directing his attention toward his other teammates and speeding over to the girl's side to give a hand. "Just you wait, we'll definitely put them in their places this time."

"In third place, Team Bakugo!"

"Ah, we were so close too!" Ashido whined out, shaking her hands.

"Well, third place isn't bad," Sero let out. "All's well that ends well."

"Do you really think that's how he feels?" Kirishima questioned, looking over at the rider. Sero and Ashido followed suit, noticing that their rider was currently sitting on the ground. With a trembling body, the blond yelled at the ground.

"And in fourth place, it's Team Midoriya!"

It seemed that the green-haired boy hadn't been expecting to get into the final round at all, given that Todoroki had managed to take their points earlier. But thankfully, the team had been saved by Tokoyami and Dark Shadow just seconds before time had been called. Midoriya let out a loud wail as a geyser flowed from his eyes, his knees sinking into the ground and forming a crater. Ochako grinned happily as she pet Dark Shadow, Tokoyami standing to the side as Hatsume was busy fixing her invention from behind.

"These four teams...will advance...to the final round!"

With her soul flying out of her and her teammates desperately trying to get it back into her body, Y/N had managed to pass the cavalry round.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 1.9K 21
Their savior - Demon Slayer x The Promised Neverland x My Hero Academia x Tokito reader Started: Begin May 2021 Ended: Begin July 2021 Her life was...
22.4K 990 23
"๐•Š๐•ž๐•š๐•๐•–. ๐•€๐•ฅ ๐•ƒ๐• ๐• ๐•œ๐•ค ๐”น๐•–๐•ฅ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•†๐•Ÿ ๐•๐• ๐•ฆ." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
102K 4.8K 42
Being rewritten! The moment she had opened her eyes she had realized something fairly quick. Perhaps it was the fact she had apparently grown shorter...
1.2M 34.3K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...