Smoke And Mirrors (BNHA x Mal...

By silverowlbells

"Is this hero school or rehab, because the difference isn't exactly clear." Pop quiz, how do you clean up on... More

1: Lights! Camera! Action!
2: Read The Fine Print
3: That One Mulan Song
4: And So Yuka Was Born
5: Knock Down Drag-out
6: Sometimes I Forget
7: Only This Once
8: Speedy Take Off
9: Testing The Limits
10: Don't Wait-Burn Your Bridges Today
11: Mis and Mutual Understandings
12: Its All About Your Look
14: Straight Out Out Of The Gate Pt. 1
15:Straight Out Out Of The Gate Pt. 2
16: Off Vibes
17: The Usual Kind Of Spotlight
18: Suffer Through It
19: Outside Voice
20: See If I Care
21: Mori-Teacher Interview
22: Can't Stress This Enough
23: Don't Tell Me
24: Fix It
25: Blindsided
26: Break A Few Eggs
27: Put It All On The Line
28: Put Your Hands In The Air
29: Under The Rug
30: Safe Combination
31: Behind The Scenes
32: Lend An Ear
33: You Tried Pt. 1
34: You Tried Pt. 2
35: Welcome Back
36: Just Check
37: Regularly Scheduled Program
38: You Again
39: The Path We Walk
40: Little Terrors Pt. 1
41: Little Terrors Pt. 2
42: Left Field

13: Mori Saves The Day

3.9K 302 48
By silverowlbells

You know, when you get randomly offered a job as the manager to one of Japan's top stars, you never expect to be sneaking through the U.A sports festival facilities. 

But here Mori was, doing just that. 

It was already established that he was a bodyguard by trade. His strength quirk and license to use it under certain circumstances made him successful too. He was doing well for himself, thank you very much. 

Put yourself in Mori's shoes on the day he acquired his current position, just for a second. So he was there for an interview for a bodyguard position, and unsure as to why. A guy he was working with at the time suggested him to the CEO, who he met at a gig. This guy had said something to the affect of 'Mori's the best in the biz'. 

So he arrived at the building, ready to decline a job offer from some rich CEO that wanted him to guard the door from crazy fans or something. 

Instead, he walked into a conference room with just two people in it. One was the CEO, Shimizu Chiyo, who was standing behind her chair, tapping her fingers on it anxiously. 

The second was Enomoto Taiya, a well known celebrity. A celebrity who was, at the time, 14 years old. 

A celebrity who had a massive bruise on the side of his face. 

Mori was sure his eyebrows went past his hairline. He was so confused and concerned. 

The CEO asked him to guard Taiya, pointedly not letting anyone he saw that day explain where the injury came from. 

Later Taiya, seemingly on a whim, had Mori replace his mother as his manager. 

And as fucking dumb as it was, the first thing Mori was ever asked to do when he walked into that building was simply to 'protect Taiya' and goddamn it he was going to do it. 

Even if it meant getting caught. 

See, Azuma had sent the piece of jewelry to hide Taiya's eyes just 10 minutes before and they were lucky it had arrived in time. Taiya's contacts had started to sting, so he took them out. 

Basically the kid was locked in a bathroom and Mori needed to get there, give the ring to him and get out. Mission fucking impossible with the increased security. 

But he was doing okay. So far so good. 

Being a bodyguard he was used to walking around places and just looking like he belonged. No one had even batted an eye. 

Then he turned a corner and heard voices. One voice in particular was familiar. 

Peaking from behind a randomly placed water dispenser, Mori checked who was coming. Fuck, it was All Might. Not only that but beside him there were several pro heroes, Midnight, Present Mic and some dude wrapped in bandages who had to be Taiya's homeroom teacher, Eraserhead. 

Aizawa had seen him pick Taiya up a few times, and therefor knew he wasn't supposed to be there. 

"Fuck." Mori whispered harshly, looking for an escape. Darting left to right twice he decided on the nearest door to the left. It didn't seem to lead anywhere in particular and he couldn't hear anything going on inside. 

Quickly, he ducked inside and closed the door slowly behind him, breathing a sigh of relief. 

"Shit that was close" He mumbled, throwing his head back against the door so it made a soft 'thunk'. The tension bled from his body as he heard the footsteps and voices continued to approach. 

"Who are you?" A voice boomed from inside the room. Mori flinched violently, his eyes slamming open and landing on a man. He had silver hair, tanned skin and looked like he was half dressed in a red hero outfit. 

Half dressed meaning the man was shirtless, obviously midway through changing. 

"I asked you a questions what the hell are you doing in here-". Mori rushed towards the man, pushing him into the wall and covering his mouth with his hand. 

The silence was electric and tense as Mori waited for the sound of voices to well and truly pass them. The manager's heart was hammering against the random pro hero's chest. 

When he relaxed at the silence, the pro hero shoved him off and glared at him. "I asked you a question. What the hell are you doing here?". 

"Just here to deliver something." Mori said vaguely. "Thanks for that, by the way.". With that, he made his way to the door. 

The pro hero grabbed his hand and pulled him back, but to his surprise Mori easily shook him off. 

"I'm going to have to escort you off the premises if you're not allowed to be here." The hero said sternly. 

Mori 'tched' under his breath. "Look, I'm here to bring something to my dependent, a U.A student.". He tried desperately to think of what he had in his bag with him that he could claim was the item to avoid Taiya being penalized. They couldn't verify the ring's purpose on the spot, so it might be considered a support item. Then Taiya would be seen as a cheater and maybe get expelled. 

Yes, Mori had overthought this, but he couldn't help it. 

"Contact lense solution." He thought aloud, startling himself a little. "I'm just here to give the kid some contact lense solution. Tachibana Yuka, class 1-A. In and out, quick trip, I promise.". 

The man eyed him suspiciously, but Mori produced the contact lense solution on the spot, casting aside all doubts. He had it on the off chance that Taiya had actually used the case he had on him to save the contacts instead of just throwing them out. 

"Tachibana should have told his teacher about this so we were informed of your visit." He replied finally. Mori fought back another sigh of physical relief that the story worked. 

"Sorry, I'm new to the whole taking care of a teenager thing. Don't really know what the proper channels are." He smiled sheepishly. "But thanks, I'll go give this to him and get out of your hair!". He waved the teacher off. 

The hero grabbed his hand again, pulling him back as he tried to walk away. 

"If this is going to become a habit, I'm not a fan." Mori replied, slightly annoyed. The teacher had the decency to look a little embarrassed, but just cleared his throat and collected himself. 

"I'll have to accompany you.". 

"You could'a just said that." Mori huffed, "Come on, we're running out of time.". This time it was him dragging the bewildered looking teacher along. "What's your name anyways? I don't remember the kid ever telling me about you.". 

"Vlad King." The hero grunted out, "I teach 1-B.". Mori nodded and finally dropped their hands. 

"Nice to meet ya then, Dracula.". 

---------- ------------ ----------- ------------ ------------ ----------- ------------ 

Taiya stared at his phone and sighed for what must have been the hundredth time that day. 

He had gotten so bored waiting for Mori he had started going on social media (always a bad idea, according to his friends and family). He enjoyed picking the most random fan tweets or messages to reply to. 

Like one that said, 'if Taiya wore these I would literally kill myself rn' and a picture of some new designer heels. So he had replied with a picture of him wearing heels that looked surprisingly similar that he hadn't posted before. 

'Attending the funeral in these' He had wrote as the caption. 

Laughing to himself he wondered what the internet's reaction would be like. His fans would think it was hilarious and would love having a photo of him in heels, but some media outlet would probably write and article with the title 'Enomoto Taiya Tells Fan To Commit Suicide'. Honestly he'd be screen shotting both to laugh at later, so it didn't much matter. 

Taiya brushed his hair out of his face and checked the mirror. The grey was poking through his roots now. God his hair was going to be so crunchy. 

He was about to make a note of that so he didn't just forget when the door to the bathroom opened. He had only briefly left the safety of the stall he had been hiding in for a minute or two so he could make sure the picture he was posting had actually good lighting. Fuck why was his life like this. 

"Look at this!" Ashido said excitedly, holding the phone up so Kirishima, who was standing next to her in the doorway could see. 

Then she glanced up at Taiya. "Oh hey Tachiba-" She stopped and looked down at the phone. Ashido and Kirishima seemed to be in an endless cycle of looking at the phone and then at Taiya and then at the phone and then at-you know what you get the picture. 

"Huh?" Ashido's voice shook a little with realization. 

Fuck

Without another thought, Taiya rushed over, grabbed both of their arms and closed the door behind him. 

"YOUR'RE-". Taiya covered Kirishima's mouth with his hand and shushed him. 

"You can't say anything, okay?" He looked between the two of them. Slowly his hand drifted away from Kirishima's mouth, resting on his cheek instead. 

And of course at that exact fucking moment the door opened again and Mori entered the bathroom, just in time to see Taiya with two people pushed against the wall. 

"Taiya..." Mori practically growled, his voice low and threatening. "What's going on here?". 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So the first two people to discover Taiya's identity are Mina and Kirishima. Honestly I figured they'd both be fans of him from the start, so they were originally supposed to find out through small way, like habits only fans would notice, but this was way more funny. 

Yes, most of my stories are driven by 'ooh that would be heartbreaking' or 'oh yeah that's hilarious'. 

I'm an impulsive person in that way I guess 😅

So here's a quick question: 

Who do you think Taiya's going to fight in the sports festival? 

I'm curious as to who you think he'd match up well against. Especially after training at U.A for a little bit. 

Stay Tuned! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 30 57
Two, new 'students' have entered U.A. for a semester, scerets will be revealed, some new ones may start rising. New adventures will appear for the fa...
80.3K 2K 60
This is my First My Hero Academia book. In a world where everyone has this unique power called a Quirk there is one Problem Child with an powerful Qu...
3K 145 17
Kirishima and Bakugo. They are attending a brand new university. Two of the many people who will be the very first to walk the halls there. They had...
67.7K 1.7K 116
Y/n L/n,a girl with a powerful quirk, was dreaming to go into UA, living with her mother : Sana L/n, and her older brother Siji L/n. She had a very h...