Cry Baby (Steve Harrington x...

By strangerzim

'𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘭... More

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
Authors Note

[5]

351 14 6
By strangerzim

Despite how tired the group was none of them really slept. Erin and Nancy's dreams were plagued by images of the monster charging towards them, trapping them in the decaying dimension forever. Instead they spent most of the night making a detailed plan and supply list. They were going to draw the monster to them using their blood, thinking the predator was like a shark. Then they were going to trap it and light it on fire. They wouldn't admit it out loud but they were all completely terrified.

  It was seven in the morning when the group decided to finally head out. After getting to rest a little and put some food in stomach Erin had a lot more energy. Enough for the two boys to sneak out of the window while Nancy greeted her family downstairs. They carefully scaled the side of Nancy's house, Erin almost falling from getting his foot stuck on the way down.

  Landing with a soft thud, he followed Jonathan, ducking into the bushes as they passed the windows. They ran across the lawn hopping into Jonathan's car and cranking it, honking once to let Nancy know.

Jonathan sat in the passenger seat messing with the radio while they waited for Nancy. Erin was laying across the back seat staring at the ceiling as he listened to Jonathan flip through the songs. As a familiar tune began to hum through the radio Erin shot up with a gasp gripping Jonathan's shoulder making him jump.

"This was our song man!" He exclaimed to the boy leaning forward to turn up the radio. 'Psycho Killer' by Talking Heads blared through the radio, Jonathan smiled fondly, remembering the first time the two had heard the song. They were in the 6th grade, holed up in Jonathan's room as the rain poured. The pair had been beyond bored, laying upside down listening to the radio.

"Those were the days" Jonathan smiled before his expression turned serious. He turned to Erin looking at him sincerely. "Rin. I just.. I'm really sorry for ending our friendship. You were a really great friend"

Erin gave him a weak smile, sitting back in the seat. He didn't know what to say. During the summer leading up to ninth grade he had managed to lose both Jonathan and Steve. He cared for them, loved them like brothers, trusted them with almost anything. They were the ones he came crying to, the ones that protected him from bullies. Then one day, they both stopped answering his calls. They both would ignore him in public. He was crushed. Especially by Steve. The first boy he had ever even had a crush on.

He luckily didn't have to respond as Nancy hopped in the car. She gave the two boys a smile, Erin swallowing the lump in his throat and beaming back at her. Jonathan turned around in his seat and cranked the car without a word, pulling out of the cul de sac.

  As they rode through town Erin rested his head on the back window, taking in his surroundings. Flashes of that other world were still fresh in his memory. He felt as if he couldn't separate himself from it. It was always present in the back of his mind. He hoped killing that disgusting monster would put an end to everything.

As they pulled up to the store Nancy turned around to face him. "Okay. I think it's best if you stay in the car. You know since you're technically still missing. We don't need any interruptions if we want to kill this thing before it kills anyone else" Erin nodded, a pang of guilt in his chest as he thought about his family. His mom and Dustin were probably worried sick. He figured them and Nancy were the only ones who even noticed he was gone. Oh if only he knew.

Nancy and Jonathan hurried inside the store, grabbing a cart as they browsed for the bear traps. Along the way they grabbed two baseball bats, a gasoline canister, and a couple boxes of nails, trying to make due with what they could since they were underage. As they approach the counter the cashier raises an eyebrow. "What are you kids planning to do with all of this?"

Nancy smiled at the man sweetly "Oh, just monster hunting" Jonathan paled looking at her with wide eyes as the cashier just cackled, handing her the change. Flashing another fake smile Nancy grabbed the bags rushing out of the store with Jonathan on her heels.

The pair all but ran down the sidewalk, halting as a horn honked behind them. "Hey Wheeler!" A boy called pulling up next to them "I can't wait to see your movie!"

Jonathan look down at her confused "What- hey!"

Nancy darted across the street, making a b line to the theater as her heart beat rapidly as she saw people crowded around the sign. In big red letters the words 'Nancy the Slut Wheeler" was spray painted across it. Tears welled up in her eyes as Jonathan caught up to her, she looked around for the culprit freezing as she heard the sound of spray paint down the alleyway.

She nodded to Jonathan before taking off down the alley, heartbroken as she sees none other than Steve, Tommy and Carol. "Well well well if it isn't the starring lady" Tommy cackled.

She stomped up to Steve, fuming. This wasn't the Steve she new, hell he didn't even look like her Steve. He stood leaning against his car with his arms crossed, his face a mixture of anger and grief. His hair was flat and his eyes were encased by dark circles.

"What is wrong with you?!" She yelled, slapping Steve across the face as hard as she could. He didn't even flinch, acting completely numb to her. He uncrossed his arms getting in her face "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?! I needed you. I-I thought we needed each other! To think I was actually worried about you, that I didn't want you disappearing like Rin!" He yelled, his voice cracking at the last part.

Nancy looked at him with wide eyes "what are you talking about?" At this Tommy chimed in "Oh don't play dumb now princess"

Realization dawned on her as she dropped her arms "you came by last night" she said matter of factly "Steve I promise it isn't what you think. We were just-"

Steve cut her off "you were just what Nancy? Finish the sentence"

Nancy looked at him, mouth agape. "Oh look who it is. If it isn't the man of the hour" Tommy scoffed directing the attention to Jonathan. He stood beside Nancy protectively "What's going on?"

"Oh just having a chat with your little girlfriend Byers. Why don't you get out of here?" Tommy spat hopping off the crate he had been perched on. Nancy looked to him with tears in her eyes "C'mon let's just go"

Jonathan nodded, taking her hand and pulling her away from the group. Steve scoffed watching them leave, pushing himself off the car. He was unhinged. He felt like he had lost everything. Not only did he lose his girlfriend, he permanently lost his first true best friend. He actually thought that they could have a chance of rekindling their friendship. Now the person he had cared about most in the world was gone and he never got the chance to let him know how he felt. He felt numb.

"You know" he started, looking to Jonathan with dead eyes "I'm surprised you could even get a girl Byers. You're a freak like your father"

At this Jonathan halted, turning to look at Steve as Nancy tugged at his arm. Steve started again "You know I bet the rumors are true freak. I bet you did kill your brother" he paused for a moment, anger rising in his chest, his eyes watering "I bet you killed Erin too"

Something in Jonathan snapped, without thinking he charged at Steve, tackling him to the ground. He repeatedly slammed his fist onto Steve's face, Steve only getting in maybe one or two punches before he laid flat against the ground not fighting, a bitter smile on his face.

  Sirens began to approach making the others froze. "Jonathan! We have to go!" Nancy yelled, tears running down her face. Tommy cursed shoving Jonathan to the wall and pulling Steve up, dragging him down the alley away from the police.

***

  Erin felt like he had been trapped in the car for hours waiting on Jonathan and Nancy. He laid in the backseat listening to the radio, bored out of his mind. That was, until the shrill sound of sirens came speeding down the road. He shot up, his heart beating rapidly. The boy peaked through the back window, watching them turn down the alley across the street. He stayed low just in case they were miraculously for him.

  A few minutes passed until the police backed out of the alleyway, two figures in the back seat. Erin's breath caught in his throat as the police passed him. He got a clear view of the people in the back. It was Nancy and Jonathan.

  "Fuckkkkk" he groaned, sitting up from his crouched position. He squeezed his eyes shut trying to wrack his brain and figure out what to do. "Fuck fuck fuck!" He yelled crawling over onto the drivers seat, cranking the engine of Jonathan's car.

  He whipped the car out of the parking spot, tires squealing. He swerved as he attempted to straighten the car out, praying to god that there were no more cops in town. He had never taken drivers Ed or gotten his license. He had absolutely no experience driving unless a bicycle counted.

  As he made his way to the police station all the oncoming traffic honked at him furiously as he weaved between traffic. He drifted into the police station parking lot almost running into chief Hoppers truck as it pulled in too. He jumped out the vehicle in a sprint, almost running down Hopper.

  "Woah!" The Chief yelled grabbing a hold of the boys shoulder. "Henderson?! Where the hell have you been?! We've been looking for you"

  Erin looked at the man like a dear caught in the headlights "You.. would never believe me"

  Hopper raised a brow "try me"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 10.3K 20
BOOK TWO goodbye, everybody, i've got to go gotta leave you all behind and face the truth [stranger things season two] [steve harringt...
219K 6.4K 37
will and mike had never liked each other from the beginning. mike would always bully will, but he never actually had a reason why. both boys hate eac...
581 5 9
Catherine Michelle Henderson, a simple teenage girl just trying to figure out where she belongs in this world. She's a genius, nerdy, popular girl in...
1.3M 27.3K 61
"i'm on a roll this time i feel my luck could change." ❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎ steve harrington x fem oc stranger things s1 - s4